Question: I have noticed several players tagging several mobs at once wondering why ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
In the past I have seen this a few times but not as many as now, or at least there seems to be more players doing it than have been in the past. I know that it is easy to get in a area where two or three mobs spawn, but I am talking about tagging 3 or more mobs at once. The only thing I can think is they are trying to tier up armor.

Just wondering if there would be another reason having to do with loot :).

Yes. Loot gets bigger. It works just like mining amps... every multiplier gets multiplied by the number of mobs hitting you within 10-20 seconds or so...

If you are using pills for skilling or other limited time boosts you want to be shooting as much as possible for the entire duration and it can make sense to tag more mobs before your current one is dead. I sometimes do it when I use skill pills, assuming I can manage it without dying. These days fapping with heal over time is relatively cheap so its not unreasonable to prioritise fapping over armour protection, minimising defensive costs so that its not a big deal to be attacked by two or three mobs at once.

Another thing you can also consider doing (though I don't do this) - if you know the cycle for rare loot waves you can attempt to tag multiple mobs when the next wave time approaches and try to kill as many as possible at the optimum time. You may recall there was a bit of this going on at the last migration event.

If you noticed this, then you were around. Some hunters don't like other hunters around, especially if they are trying to find the nice loot that they know is there.

Grab a grenade launcher and get em back. If u one shot Kill a few of the ones they tagged they'll knock that shit off usually

Yes. Loot gets bigger. It works just like mining amps... every multiplier gets multiplied by the number of mobs hitting you within 10-20 seconds or so...

If you are using pills for skilling or other limited time boosts you want to be shooting as much as possible for the entire duration and it can make sense to tag more mobs before your current one is dead. I sometimes do it when I use skill pills, assuming I can manage it without dying. These days fapping with heal over time is relatively cheap so its not unreasonable to prioritise fapping over armour protection, minimising defensive costs so that its not a big deal to be attacked by two or three mobs at once.

Another thing you can also consider doing (though I don't do this) - if you know the cycle for rare loot waves you can attempt to tag multiple mobs when the next wave time approaches and try to kill as many as possible at the optimum time. You may recall there was a bit of this going on at the last migration event.

If you noticed this, then you were around. Some hunters don't like other hunters around, especially if they are trying to find the nice loot that they know is there.

Kij: Yes I forgot about the skill pills.

Evey: I did not know about the multiplier thing but I have watched you around the Caperons and you never stop killing, which I also notice you are always in first for number of globals.

Spawn: That is also true trying to keep others away but I was more talking about just tagging even when there are plenty of mobs around.

Evey: I did not know about the multiplier thing but I have watched you around the Caperons and you never stop killing, which I also notice you are always in first for number of globals.

I'm 98% sure that was supposed to be a joke.

Whats with all your useless threads?

I'm 98% sure that was supposed to be a joke.

Whats with all your useless threads?

What's with the your useless "Holier Than Thou" attitude?

And Evey - just STFU, people are allowed to ask questions - as many as they want.

If you don't like his threads don't read them. You're just making yourself look like a dick.

What's with the your useless "Holier Than Thou" attitude?

And Evey - just STFU, people are allowed to ask questions - as many as they want.

If you don't like his threads don't read them. You're just making yourself look like a dick.

Ladies and gents, step aside the Omega Social Justice Warrior is honoring us with His presence.
OFC he's got every right to ask as many questions as he F likes, just as I'm free to answer whatever TF I want, as skillentkiller is, as you are. And I'm more happy to answer any of Herco's serious questions (with serious answers), but it's not the case.

Ladies and gents, step aside the Omega Social Justice Warrior is honoring us with His presence.
OFC he's got every right to ask as many questions as he F likes, just as I'm free to answer whatever TF I want, as skillentkiller is, as you are. And I'm more happy to answer any of Herco's serious questions (with serious answers), but it's not the case.

WOW, my mistake I really thought you were being serious judging by your number of globals. I really did think there was a reason for tagging a bunch of mobs and yours sounded good. Well not to worry as I can see trusting your comments is not something I will do again anytime soon.

WOW, my mistake I really thought you were being serious judging by your number of globals. I really did think there was a reason for tagging a bunch of mobs and yours sounded good. Well not to worry as I can see trusting your comments is not something I will do again anytime soon.

yea dont trust anything evey says. he/she/it is talking so much bullshit lately that it really gets out of hand.

Really now? How did you not think his statement was a joke?

"Yes. Loot gets bigger. It works just like mining amps... every multiplier gets multiplied by the number of mobs hitting you within 10-20 seconds or so..."

You think MA would give you bigger loot just because you got hit by a mob for 10-20 seconds? And incurr what, a 2-4 PEC loss on your armor/heals? Do you have any common sense at all? You are truly filling the loot pool my friend.

Really now? How did you not think his statement was a joke?

"Yes. Loot gets bigger. It works just like mining amps... every multiplier gets multiplied by the number of mobs hitting you within 10-20 seconds or so..."

You think MA would give you bigger loot just because you got hit by a mob for 10-20 seconds? And incurr what, a 2-4 PEC loss on your armor/heals? Do you have any common sense at all? You are truly filling the loot pool my friend.

Interesting comment. I would suggest you read the theory that has been around a long time that decay has a direct correlation to loot.
Case in point the Unique Dub & McCormick Terminator note the 2.789 dpp, not very good. I watched striker, I believe it was, during the LT invasion get 5 globals in a row. To me that kind of confirmed that there was some thing to the decay thing. Below is the link to the weapon.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Unique_Dub_&_McCormick_Terminator

If you take a look at some melee players' logs, you will see that their loot swings are no different than the average player.

- Psyche - This player hunted in small runs, (50 PED costs) and had 80-120% swings with 1 or 2 globals in the run happening rarely.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...CHe-s-Hunting-Log&highlight=melee+hunting+log

- Dunstone - In this log, he played at 2.85 DPP, partly because he was unmaxed. The average newbie has 2.9 DPP+ which means this guy was playing at an extreme disadvantage. What was his return? 83%.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?290382-Dunstone-s-Improved-MANTA-Hunting-Log

While I can't find any others at the moment, I don't see these guys getting 5 globals in a row or a huge uber. Yet, they are melee players, the decay on melee is extremely large compared to the terminator. But here's a more logical explanation to your theory.

The more people who hunt a particular creature the more unbalanced the loot is. This is because one hunter is a leech, and the other, is the sucker. This 90% return bullshit that you hear all the time is not true. The one with the most DPP and DPS always wins, and the others, bow down to him. This is how loot works. The terminator is a crazy weapon, with 120 base DPS with no enhancers or amp. Because of this high DPS, striker effectively stole everyone's PEDs. Why do you think people like Messi, or Longtime, profit constantly? Because they are at the top of the chain.

None of you on this forum truly understand how loot works. And it's because you all have these crazy voodoo theories but you don't see the bigger picture.

If you take a look at some melee players' logs, you will see that their loot swings are no different than the average player.

- Psyche - This player hunted in small runs, (50 PED costs) and had 80-120% swings with 1 or 2 globals in the run happening rarely.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...CHe-s-Hunting-Log&highlight=melee+hunting+log

- Dunstone - In this log, he played at 2.85 DPP, partly because he was unmaxed. The average newbie has 2.9 DPP+ which means this guy was playing at an extreme disadvantage. What was his return? 83%.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?290382-Dunstone-s-Improved-MANTA-Hunting-Log

While I can't find any others at the moment, I don't see these guys getting 5 globals in a row or a huge uber. Yet, they are melee players, the decay on melee is extremely large compared to the terminator. But here's a more logical explanation to your theory.

The more people who hunt a particular creature the more unbalanced the loot is. This is because one hunter is a leech, and the other, is the sucker. This 90% return bullshit that you hear all the time is not true. The one with the most DPP and DPS always wins, and the others, bow down to him. This is how loot works. The terminator is a crazy weapon, with 120 base DPS with no enhancers or amp. Because of this high DPS, striker effectively stole everyone's PEDs. Why do you think people like Messi, or Longtime, profit constantly? Because they are at the top of the chain.

None of you on this forum truly understand how loot works. And it's because you all have these crazy voodoo theories but you don't see the bigger picture.

Oh, but your completely unproveable theory is not a voodoo theory, of course. :rolleyes:

Mind if I ask what your avatar in game name is ? I looked on tracker and found two with silentkill234 in the name and one had 4 gbls and the other had 1. All of the gbls were in 2011 except one in 2012 which kind of match your forum enter date.

So you would have us believe that you have even a small understanding of anything about hunting in this game?

Back