What would happen if sweat market got totaly smashed?

Blink

Old
Like price would go as low as 0.5ped/k. Outside of ruining game for most newbies(at current caly prices I already consider it ruined for them), what other consequences there would be?

Uh, that already happened... When I first started price was around 3-5 ped per k.

Short answer - full time sweater numbers may reduce a bit, but more will still keep doing it to fill their spots... It's all indirectly related to the things that sweat can be used for. I don't forsee it dropping too much more in price in the near future since there are actual uses for sweat in crafting, etc. Maybe not a high demand, but there is uses for it.

Servers will be less stressed I guess.
Useless profession very poorly designed with no incentive to progress.

For the players who keep MA's lights on?

Absolutely nothing.

If I start to play PE/EU, ages ago, the sweat price was 19 ped 1K sweat.
You sweat for maybe 3-4 hour, and then you had enough peds for a nice noob hunt.

Todays, you get much less sweat per hour, and price is down too. So yes, it is more or less a wast of time.

What would happen if sweat market got totaly smashed?

Botters would go away?

Most of the sweat is botted anyway, as a crafter I'm happy price is low, but honestly, who the f cares if bots earn less money.

If I start to play PE/EU, ages ago, the sweat price was 19 ped 1K sweat.
You sweat for maybe 3-4 hour, and then you had enough peds for a nice noob hunt.

Todays, you get much less sweat per hour, and price is down too. So yes, it is more or less a wast of time.

It maybe was 19 ped/k, i personally dont recall that high. But u also could only sweat for limited amount of time. Once you reached some threshold in sweat gatherer skill points you could no longer sweat! Now if i would remember how much it was...

It might wake up in bed with an ugly person.

When I started sweat price was about 10 to 12 peds per k.

From my perspective, sweat price has crashed since some years ago, to about 10-20% of what it was last time.

There was a sweat limit those days, at around 200 skill points (was linked to some low sweat gatherer pro lvl I think).

There were many sweaters around those days, similar to the sweaters around now. I don't think further price drops will do much changes in terms of number of sweaters. Some may quit, those who join at whatever new price is, will never have experienced the higher prices and so will think it is "normal".

As for bots, if you are a kid / not paying the electrical bills, I don't think they will change. As it is I don't think anyone paying the electrical bills will find botting as efficient.

When I started sweat price was about 10 to 12 peds per k.

From my perspective, sweat price has crashed since some years ago, to about 10-20% of what it was last time.

There was a sweat limit those days, at around 200 skill points (was linked to some low sweat gatherer pro lvl I think).

The cap was around 120 skills or less at diripi north of camp phoenix, avas skilled agility in no time. You had to go out of radar to keep sweating on them time to time.

Less sweat would be collected in bottles, which would mean more mob sweat would evaporate into the atmosphere and cause increased humidity which would then lead to increased planetary warming. This in turn would cause all the ice and snow on the various planets and asteroids - including that freaking cold place on Caly - to melt and cause massive hurricanes, tsunamis and cyclones flooding the lands, killing all the mobs that die in water. In the end, hunting will die out because players will get tired of swimming and hunting fish mobs and of course, you can't mine underwater so most will quit the game. It will just be explosive crafters crafting underwater.

The cap was around 120 skills or less at diripi north of camp phoenix, avas skilled agility in no time. You had to go out of radar to keep sweating on them time to time.

I remember the diripi fappers. Fapping 24/7 while diripi were hitting them. I thought they were just wasting ped. Boy was I noob.

I remember the diripi fappers. Fapping 24/7 while diripi were hitting them. I thought they were just wasting ped. Boy was I AM noob.

Fixed:wise::wise:

It maybe was 19 ped/k, i personally dont recall that high. But u also could only sweat for limited amount of time. Once you reached some threshold in sweat gatherer skill points you could no longer sweat! Now if i would remember how much it was...

It stope if you had aboud 200 sweat skills, thats why we had at those times a lot of farmers and alts, so MA changed the sweat mechanic. But is was the best time ever into PE!

Old school sweating used to be really enjoyable, before the sweat tool was introduced. The animations where cool, it still worked if the mob moved once the pull started. It was a sociable too lots of fun at the very old Neas LA. Plus the norm was 6 ped a k back then and you got max 22 bottles per pull.

Sadly sweating is horrid now, I avoid it like the plague. I think MA were trying to kill it off, or certainly make it a stressful activity with little reward.

Newbies would be better looking for fruits, that said Caly is horrible for fruit collecting as well. But it's better than sweating. You can get 9 ped if lucky per k. I still think fruits are overpriced, and even if it dropped to 5 ped a k, newbies would be happy.

Rick

I remember the diripi fappers. Fapping 24/7 while diripi were hitting them. I thought they were just wasting ped. Boy was I noob.

having a credit card in P2W Korean grinder, that EU is, makes us all pro :lolup:

i got around when max price was 2,2-2,3pec per bottle. What i mess up i went to rig instead of creating 100 accounts :laugh:

full time sweater

This is what killed this profession. This profession is designed to be done in the beginning, while a new player learns the controls, the hud, socializes a bit, finds a mentor etc. But there are people that enjoy this stage and stay there forever, taking pride in this profession while killing it for newbies, that need it the most. I hope they bring back the skill cap. Sweat is a resource that is subject to supply and demand, overfarming makes is cheaper, not resellers, not hunters...

having a credit card in P2W Korean grinder, that EU is, makes us all pro :lolup:

You're playing the wrong game, dude. Doesn't look like you understood much and no amount of cash will make you win anything.

This is what killed this profession. This profession is designed to be done in the beginning, while a new player learns the controls, the hud, socializes a bit, finds a mentor etc. But there are people that enjoy this stage and stay there forever, taking pride in this profession while killing it for newbies, that need it the most. I hope they bring back the skill cap. Sweat is a resource that is subject to supply and demand, overfarming makes is cheaper, not resellers, not hunters...

You're playing the wrong game, dude. Doesn't look like you understood much and no amount of cash will make you win anything.

Well evader level 100 sure makes a difference. Diripi hit for 1 damage, they wouldn't stop giving defensieve skills and the skills system was linear.

Less sweat would be collected in bottles, which would mean more mob sweat would evaporate into the atmosphere and cause increased humidity which would then lead to increased planetary warming. This in turn would cause all the ice and snow on the various planets and asteroids - including that freaking cold place on Caly - to melt and cause massive hurricanes, tsunamis and cyclones flooding the lands, killing all the mobs that die in water. In the end, hunting will die out because players will get tired of swimming and hunting fish mobs and of course, you can't mine underwater so most will quit the game. It will just be explosive crafters crafting underwater.

Best answer I have seen. :)

I dunno about sweating bots, I don't think they exist nowadays.

Only reason we sweaters take pride in our profession is just cause its so hard and time consuming to increase to any reasonably level. Everyone knows we make like nothing nowadays pedwise. But we do make one good thing- large big crowds! :D

I dunno about sweating bots, I don't think they exist nowadays.

They do, Monria had a bunch when they had "buy sweat 2ped/k" thing. They stopped doing it, because bots overran them

Yog on Monria is similar to kerberos on caly. Hit low and slow, plenty hp, perfect to sweat.

With todays PCs you can run 5-10-20+ Entropia clients on 1 PC easy. I seen those bunch of 5 moving around as 1 person. They go complete 5 man gauntlet, free 50 peds to drop into mining. Rinse, repeat, profit.

Sweater bots just havent discovered that method yet :) By fixing gauntlet they screw new players a little, but since there's about 500 PED free stuff around anyway with minimal cost/time spent involved, that's not too bad. Disciples can still graduate for free and everything is cool.

Botters would go away?

Most of the sweat is botted anyway, as a crafter I'm happy price is low, but honestly, who the f cares if bots earn less money.

blatant lie. I've ever seen botters a few times, and I'm level 30 sg now

Old school sweating used to be really enjoyable, before the sweat tool was introduced. The animations where cool, it still worked if the mob moved once the pull started. It was a sociable too lots of fun at the very old Neas LA. Plus the norm was 6 ped a k back then and you got max 22 bottles per pull.

Sadly sweating is horrid now, I avoid it like the plague. I think MA were trying to kill it off, or certainly make it a stressful activity with little reward.

Newbies would be better looking for fruits, that said Caly is horrible for fruit collecting as well. But it's better than sweating. You can get 9 ped if lucky per k. I still think fruits are overpriced, and even if it dropped to 5 ped a k, newbies would be happy.

Rick

fruiting is stupid cause it doesn't give you any skills, and calling sweating stressful is the stupidest thing I've read in a long time

Back