Info: entropia on tablet

slither

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Snake Slither Hellfire
just thought i'd post this in case it helps anyone.

I just bought a windows tablet and tried running EU but it crashed and then by chance I found out that it ran when I had a USB mouse plugged in.

Only had the tablet a couple of days so not sure about long term stability, but if you're having trouble running EU then try plugging a mouse in (you can unplug it after EU starts up, you don't even need the mouse just the USB stick)

Did you replicated crash after disconnecting mouse and restarting or this could be non related?

It sounds strange if you say that any USB would work...

Without USB it crashes
With USB keyboard it crashes
With USB mouse/keyboard it works
With USB mini keyboard with trackpad it worked
With USB mouse it worked

So it looks like its the mouse stick you need. I don't carry the mouse with me, just the little USB dongle so the driver is installed when I load entropia then I put the dongle in my pocket.

If I close entropia then I need to reinsert the dongle next time I want to run it otherwise it crashes.

If you only have full size USB these are really handy adapters https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Adapters...944&sr=1-27&keywords=micro+usb+to+usb+adapter

Last edited:
Does it work with Touch controls?

Does it work with Touch controls?

Yes, you'll need it in windows mode to get access to the keyboard though unless you have a mini keyboard plugged in.

I'm not guaranteeing it will work with all tablets, so don't blame me if you buy one and it doesn't work but if you have a tablet and haven't been able to run EU then this may be the problem.

Seems like MA should provide native controller mapping... ;)

Can I know which Windows Tablet you are using?

I have been considering getting a surface or surface pro for work reasons. It will be interesting to know which tablets are known to work ;)

Heh, fascinating. :)
Someone will run it on the phone soon...

It's an x80 plus, Chinese import I got from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Teclast-Wi...=UTF8&qid=1492609398&sr=8-1&keywords=x80+plus

You can also get them from eBay and http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_592018.html? Often a bit cheaper but amazon meant I got it next day and I had more chance of getting my money back if it didn't work.

It's dual boot android/windows but there's very little memory on the windows partition once it's updated so I formatted the drive and reinstalled windows, using drivers and info I found on techtablets.com (I can do a guide if anyone buys one and needs it).

As I said, it's Chinese import and I've only had it a few days so it could explode tomorrow lol. It does get pretty warm when under load like EU but has been stable so far. I saw utube video of similar tablet that was opened and the cooling system was shoddy, he replaced the thermal pads with better ones and added a small copper heat sink that dropped CPU temps by over 10degrees; so I might do that if its getting too much.

Last edited:
Surface Pro 4 is able to run it. Just get the upgraded version and you'll be fine.

I'm sure it can but it's literally ten times the price :D

Ha! I was meant to quote someone saying they thought about buying a surface pro 4 for work.

Cheers

Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing I've been looking for a tablet or mobile phone solution.

Just for clarity though you have installed EU on the tablet and ran it from there right? (i.e. not used something like teamviewer)

Guess I just need to find a windows emulator for android now....

No emulator, just a standard windows install with a standard EU install,

Only problem is the client loader has no tools button, so you need to update as you move planets. The tools button did appear once but I couldn't replicate it. This, of course, means that it could stop working in any future updates.

I figured out why the tool button was missing on client loader. My tablet was set to scale the screen 125percent by default, when set to 100 it's fine.

I run Entropia on semi decent settings on my Teclast Tbook 12 Pro Battery management on it is a bit hit and miss though (as in the battery will drain even when plugged into power, never seems send enough current).

Also runs ok on my son's CHUWI Hi10 Pro 2 in 1 Ultrabook battery is better in this but smaller screen.

Back