Solutions for classified strongbox bound loot

monte

Alpha
Society
AO
Marco Monte Montecalvo
Hello all,

Back when boxes were released, I jumped on the train and bought them up in hopes to get cool, new loot. I now find myself with an unusable amount of bound (L) rings not at full tt, Y, X, etc. pills, over a thousand auto-loot pills and more. I would love to see uses for these bound items for those who don't hunt or don't want to use them. I strongly feel that a proper solution would allow the game to live up to it's RCE name, stimulate the economy and bring back old players. I also realise that previous threads and petitions exist, but the OPs don't seem to be active and I want to keep the issue alive.

Below I will list possible solutions (new ones welcome), in order of popularity, with your name accompanying your idea or support for an idea (with your permission). Thank you!

Please just say add me and to which letter (or bring a new idea) if you want to be included as support!

A.) Allow bound strongbox items to now be refined into universal ammo. A simple solution that stimulates gameplay. Also brings previous players who left back to use them up (and often rejoin because addictive EU) Makes simple dump and withdraw much more difficult.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marco Monte Montecalvo
Kamonpach BKK
So Stoney Stoned

B.) How about a daily quest.. convert x bound items or x tt value into ammo. Only X amount allowed daily.. could slow and steady the influx!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Judy Jetsina Summers

C.) Make them tradeable/tt-able
------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Reserved incase needed!

Unfortunately, that is the cost of cool lootz. The alternative to just get the cash is just get PED or UA. But if you want to roll dice, that's the trade off, and I really doubt they will do anything about bound pills.

We need 5 fingers on each arm, 5 toes on each foot, and maybe some other appendages that can all hold rings.

This is how MA takes it's transaction fee. Notice if you buy univeral ammo you get like 500 ped UA for $50, but if you buy PED you get 570 PED for $60. This is because they know they will get some money from use of the UA.

It's funny there are so many people crying that all items should be TT-able in some form or another.

People forget there are melee players that can't/won't buy boxes because of the UA. As a melee player I'd rather see the boxes being able to accommodate melee players or implementing the reversal of UA back into shrapnel. (I've heard too many stories about melee players accidentally converting shrapnel when that is the last they need. No, mining is not done by all players and should not be the only option to get rid of it)

Also, there's somewhere already a petition going that all bound items from the boxes should be unbound or something. Pills TT-able and all.

It's funny there are so many people crying that all items should be TT-able in some form or another.

People forget there are melee players that can't/won't buy boxes because of the UA. As a melee player I'd rather see the boxes being able to accommodate melee players or implementing the reversal of UA back into shrapnel. (I've heard too many stories about melee players accidentally converting shrapnel when that is the last they need. No, mining is not done by all players and should not be the only option to get rid of it)

Also, there's somewhere already a petition going that all bound items from the boxes should be unbound or something. Pills TT-able and all.

Definitely an issue for melee players. I started this thread because the OPs of previous threads aren't active.

Hello dear explosive projectile blueprint. Might I use UA to click you? There is zero difference for you if I buy TT value from my inventory or trade terminal. Thank you!

/sarcasm off

Or is it? Even those who don't mine or play melee, click EP anyway :D

This is how MA takes it's transaction fee. Notice if you buy univeral ammo you get like 500 ped UA for $50, but if you buy PED you get 570 PED for $60. This is because they know they will get some money from use of the UA.

UA perhaps. Not pills. I have far more in bound TT from pills than I would have ever gotten in transaction fees by a very large margin.

UA perhaps. Not pills. I have far more in bound TT from pills than I would have ever gotten in transaction fees by a very large margin.

This is very true; I have probably 25-35% of the total ped I added into the game through boxes locked into bound items. Calling it the fee isn't comparable.

This is very true; I have probably 25-35% of the total ped I added into the game through boxes locked into bound items. Calling it the fee isn't comparable.

And it's all in the useless neurostim-Y pills too.

There is no way it's that high %.

Pls make option A
Got like 7-8k in Y-pills alone...

You want a solution to the problem of people buying something and then receiving the thing that they bought?

I think, the bound items is one of the key benefits for the developer with the creation of the boxes.

The bound pills can basically start to be counted towards profit for the developer since they have no other outcome then to be consumed or not used... its by design, sorry

+1, drama attention

Yes it's that high combined. If I were to tally cash spent vs. the locked ped I have, absolutely. Don't forget that L rings dropped in the past (while they rarely do now).

You want a solution to the problem of people buying something and then receiving the thing that they bought?

I want a solution to not being able to choose how I use an item's ped value that I now own.

I honestly don't even see a warning on the purchase page for boxes (that items are often bound)

Last edited:
There is a straight ped option if you don't want the risk. What you are asking for is a no loss only gain situation for yourself. That ain't happening, so either live with it or stop gambling with boxes.

Its as plain and simple as that.

There is a straight ped option if you don't want the risk. What you are asking for is a no loss only gain situation for yourself. That ain't happening, so either live with it or stop gambling with boxes.

Its as plain and simple as that.

There is a risk.. even if items became unlocked. If 90% received is ammo.. I now have to cycle that ammo into the system and lose an average of 10% of it. So even if someone thought they were clever and wanted to keep recycling for ring drops.. they still have that risk and pay MA their share.

This is SIMPLY about that other percent of the box I have no use for

Last edited:
I want a solution to not being able to choose how I use an item's ped value that I now own.

I honestly don't even see a warning on the purchase page for boxes (that items are often bound)

The items have a purpose. You can use them for that purpose. If you don't want to use them for that purpose, that is up to you, but they may have no other purpose, unless you can come up with some creative way to use them in some other way.

That is exactly how everything I've ever bought, either in-game or in real life, has worked too, and none of them have required a warning.

Whilst I have sympathy with the topic of untradeable items from the boxes, I also have a lot of "used" lottery tickets I wouldn't mind selling back for half price..... ;)

The items have a purpose. You can use them for that purpose. If you don't want to use them for that purpose, that is up to you, but they may have no other purpose, unless you can come up with some creative way to use them in some other way.

That is exactly how everything I've ever bought, either in-game or in real life, has worked too, and none of them have required a warning.

i have got to agree with my soc m8 here.

side note, i am not sure whats going on atm with some of the threads, but it makes me want to vomit in my mouth....remove the need for strength so you can carry as much as you want, remove the need for *skill*(insert what skill actually means in this game) so that events become a lotto, make it more fair for everyone to get amps from the vendors.....everyone gets a medal...thats not the game i want to play.

i have got to agree with my soc m8 here.

side note, i am not sure whats going on atm with some of the threads, but it makes me want to vomit in my mouth....remove the need for strength so you can carry as much as you want, remove the need for *skill*(insert what skill actually means in this game) so that events become a lotto, make it more fair for everyone to get amps from the vendors.....everyone gets a medal...thats not the game i want to play.

At this point you're completely off-topic and not adding to the thread. Vent to your cat or something.. no need here sir. Thanks for the input.

At this point you're completely off-topic and not adding to the thread. Vent to your cat or something.. no need here sir. Thanks for the input.

Thanks for your comment. We might just have to agree to disagree on this one (at least i will).

i do wish something would be done with the non full TT rings, just dead ped once you have the rings you want, altho ring decay might sort that out. Untradeable pills just need using, ignore the value and consider them 0ped (risk of the box) and use when you need em

i do wish something would be done with the non full TT rings, just dead ped once you have the rings you want, altho ring decay might sort that out. Untradeable pills just need using, ignore the value and consider them 0ped (risk of the box) and use when you need em

That i can agree with - L rings you cant do anything about really do need some sorting out.

Yes it's that high combined. If I were to tally cash spent vs. the locked ped I have, absolutely. Don't forget that L rings dropped in the past (while they rarely do now).

I been buying boxes from day one, also track them all. ~5k$ so far and about 1.5k ped in unusable pills/L rings.
My friends who deposit a lot more have about similar ratios.

So I call the bullshit and attention whoring.

If you want to add something to discussion, don't make up numbers to artificaly inflate the problem. Sounds same like everyone else crying 60% tt returns on hunting while they shoot out all the ammo they loot and can't do basic fucking math.

Back to school, not waste time playing computer games!

Reactions: Xen
Back