FYI: Don´t join too many channels xD

Edward-James

Prowler
Society
SHOOT ´N LOOT
Edward MrEddie James
Hello all,

Just wanted to write down a new experience i faced with today....we created a new channel, i wanted to join it and activate it inside a tab....but it DOESN´T scroll down...i have over 30 channels and there is NO possiblity to scroll down to the new one?

Only workaround was a m8 linking the channel again and i open it in a new tab..

-> Also another thing..is there a possibility to delete a channel from the joined list???

Do you have also those issues or am i the only one? xD

Eddie

I've had this issue for a while already. Workarounds exist, but can be painful to use: hover the mouse over the lowest visibly channel on your list; press down arrow the same number of times as the channel you want is buried; press Enter and presto! you've checked or unchecked that channel's "active" box. But considering that my list runs out of room a #monria-trade, turning some channel like #space_travel on or off is a major headache. I end up unsubscribing and re-subscribing instead (DO NOT make the channel inactive before unsubscribing, or you'll get to guess how far out of view it is when you re-subscribe, before you can read it!).

As far as getting a link for a channel, if you're subscribed to the channel, you can do "/custom #channel" to switch to typing into #channel. If you're not subscribed, you can do "/join #channel" for the same result. But either way, if that channel's checkbox isn't checked, you're stuck using the down arrow hack I detailed badly in the first paragraph.

What we need, is a scrollable list, plzkthx. :eyecrazy:

-> Also another thing..is there a possibility to delete a channel from the joined list???
Do "/leave #channel" where #channel is the channel's name. If you check that channel's box before you leave it, when you re-join it that box will still be checked. If not, you may need the "down arrow hack" (see post above).

Thx...i will try that all....

deleting then some unused channes..

:)
Eddie

Back