Map - Innovation

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
What if when we hover our mouse over the map, another small window appears that shows the live mouse pointer position of that location.

It could be used as a tool to search for spawns, help players locate shared mobs and activity, help noobs find TP to then go and collect. Because it's a quick live connection to another server, it wouldn't matter what gets changed in game, or where spawns move a player can always quickly see what is happening at any location then choose to visit.

Thoughts?

Rick

Reactions: San
Not bad idea, but probably very hard to implement and big stress on the server.
I will put it down down the list of things to do at MA.

We already have this dont we?

:wtg: That would be a great idea !

Maybe a right-click zoom with a list of options , like live layers :
- Spawned mobs
- TP , City, Outpost
- Players in that area

* Deactivated in PVP zones ;)

Sounds like a cool idea for a new craftable tool.

that will put a fuckton of stress on the server, regarding the size of the map and the amount of players per server. only thing they could add would be a fixed layer of the usual spawns, like the mob maps we got offline already. but some kind of live view would be too load heavy and would increase the lag significantly.

I'd be happy with more zoom on the main map. Sitting 12 feet away from my TV that I use as a monitor and have a hard time when I'm using my TP chip to get back to a WP and land on it within a few meters.

What if when we hover our mouse over the map, another small window appears that shows the live mouse pointer position of that location.

It could be used as a tool to search for spawns, help players locate shared mobs and activity, help noobs find TP to then go and collect. Because it's a quick live connection to another server, it wouldn't matter what gets changed in game, or where spawns move a player can always quickly see what is happening at any location then choose to visit.

Thoughts?

Rick

I like the idea of being able to activate a passive clone/drone somewhere else, but am also worried about server loads. If there were some kind of inactivation of your 'real' position, then the additional server load would be limited to potentially server-transferring to the view location. You may as well then get a full-screen window appear.
I don't know if you can hop off into BatSim in the middle of being attacked, but I would say you should only be able to activate a 'viewer' while not under attack. Another way would be to access this system from a terminal in safe and turreted areas.
It also sounds like a nice idea for a craftable tool, yes.

However, I'd prefer to see various fixes first - we are not exactly running short of material there, are we?!

So my understanding is that this suggestion is to have the coordinates on the map? And we have this already.. please elaborate, i dont think I am the only one who dont get it.

Last edited:
:wtg: That would be a great idea !

- Players in that area

* Deactivated in PVP zones ;)

This never happen, then we are able to find out, how many active players we are.
:)

If someone just wants extra zoom for exact coordinates on a map, LBML already does the trick pretty well.

This never happen, then we are able to find out, how many active players we are.
:)

:laugh: ... Yeah , cause then we can count all , the few , players that feed each other with loot pools and stuff

Back