Do you use range enhancers on your weapons ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I don't usually use them on pistols at all and mostly on my tagger rifle/carbine. For whatever the reason I put one my my UL pistol. It was an enhancer that I had just made so I know it was new and I got less than 200 shots and it was used up. I know this because I just bought ammo and around 180 was gone. I had used the range enhancers once before on the same gun and didn't get many shot on that one either but didn't really pay that much attention but did this time. I remember in reading in the release notes( I am fairly sure it was release notes) for one of the updates and MA said that on UL guns you should average around 1400 shots before an enhancer goes bad. I just had one range enhancer only no other enhancers were on the pistol.

Just wonder if anyone else has notice this on range enhancers on UL weapons or pistols? I have no trouble with the damage enhancers on the same pistol they seem to be fine and the range enhancers on my tagger have lasted for a while and it is an (L) gun.

I can't see any point adding one to a non-tagger.

all day just for fun I use them on melee weapons :^)

I can be a live safer in PvP, longer range hits first :)

You used one range enhancer and decided to make a thread about it.....

Law of large numbers goes with entropia. Can you just play the game now?

You used one range enhancer and decided to make a thread about it.....

Law of large numbers goes with entropia. Can you just play the game now?

How about this, you don't open any of my posts and I won't open any of yours ? Then you don't have to worry about what I am doing because I sure as hell don't worry about you. BTW Have you ever started a post ? I see on your bio a lot of replies but didn't really see any starts. Just wondering.

How about this, you don't open any of my posts and I won't open any of yours ? Then you don't have to worry about what I am doing because I sure as hell don't worry about you. BTW Have you ever started a post ? I see on your bio a lot of replies but didn't really see any starts. Just wondering.

I'm not even being offensive. I'm telling you how it is. You like to do something and very quickly jump the ball without taking the test in your hands...

Law of large numbers. If you use many enhancers it will average out. I just answered your question. The faster the gun shoots the quicker it breaks as well. (Breaks in less shots, not less time.)

And thank you for creeping my profile. You've done this more than once. Please leave me alone, I actually give the community thoughtful responses unlike your useless threads about such simple game mechanics that take seconds to learn.

I'm not even being offensive. I'm telling you how it is. You like to do something and very quickly jump the ball without taking the test in your hands...

Law of large numbers. If you use many enhancers it will average out. I just answered your question. The faster the gun shoots the quicker it breaks as well. (Breaks in less shots, not less time.)

And thank you for creeping my profile. You've done this more than once. Please leave me alone, I actually give the community thoughtful responses unlike your useless threads about such simple game mechanics that take seconds to learn.

Let anyone look at you responses and find as I did yours are mostly brow beating. You have not had a global since 2011 and you profess to know something about the game how is that possible or began to tell me how it is. BTW do you really think that the faster a gun shoot makes enhancers break faster are you insane ? I don't even understand this statement " (Breaks in less shots, not less time.)".
Plus you had the balls to say ND doesn't know about his planet, really, you really think that you even have a clue what ND knows?? If you don't want peeps to run your file then don't post anything. You or anyone else is free to run mine.

Last edited:
I use range enhancers on this weapon:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?292797-Modified-Fire-Forge-BGH-4400M-tier-3

It's a long range weapon and with range enhancers it's huge. I can effectively start shooting a proteron when it's well out of radar range thereby increasing my eco

Sometimes I mix enhancers e.g. one range, 2 damage etc depending on what mob I'm hunting.

Also as a bonus enhancers hardly ever break on this gun. So they are almost free to use.

That is a nice gun:). I was just running a little experiment and this was the second or third time I have done this with about the same results. I craft a few for my long range gun and put one on the short range to test my experiment but haven't yet to be able to make them last long enough to get any meaning full data. And yes you are right mine hardly even run out on my long range gun, it usually take 2 or 3 guns to use one up.

Let anyone look at you responses and find as I did yours are mostly brow beating. You have not had a global since 2011 and you profess to know something about the game how is that possible or began to tell me how it is. BTW do you really think that the faster a gun shoot makes enhancers break faster are you insane ? I don't even understand this statement " (Breaks in less shots, not less time.)".
Plus you had the balls to say ND doesn't know about his planet, really, you really think that you even have a clue what ND knows?? If you don't want peeps to run your file then don't post anything. You or anyone else is free to run mine.

Hey noob! Time to school you some more:

- I have not had a global since 2011? Firstly, that is not my account. My account isn't publicly shown because I don't want people to know my character name ingame. So you have no idea how many globals i've had.

- Please refer to this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ver-and-shot-rate-changes&highlight=enhancers

It shows by a hunter who is significantly more intelligent and spends more time hunting than you, that enhancers do break by uses per minute. Now you are gonna tell me Girtsn is incorrect as well? Oh wait - but you don't even understand my statement! You need to go to english class first.

LASTLY,
Office of the President of Virtual Reality

Citizens of ROCKtropia are encouraged to work to save humanity by defending the economy from AI Bots. The President of Virtual Reality has set up a conscription program which will provide upward of 1 Billion Jobs paying a wage of $10 per month to bot hunters. Report to the Parking Lot at Club NEVERDIE to enlist. Conscripts will be paid on a daily basis upon completing their daily quota.

Uhm...sorry? Did he just say a billion jobs? Hmm. So could that mean that NEVERDIE has 100 billion PED to pay workers a month? And how is this a job exactly? You are basically earning $0.014 per hour. Wow! NEVERDIE has such amazing marketing skills! Isn't that why his planet is so popular?

No. NEVERDIE has done things that should have never been done. He is unprofessional and deserves nothing. Let's see his achievements:

- He released a game-breaking mob that did almost no damage and had huge HP. Apparently this was a "team hunting mob" that HOFed many times.

- He gave somebody a free high valued weapon due to being stabbed at a bar. I really wish I was the person who got stabbed.

- And here is NEVERDIE begging for players: Link

I have been trying to address the economic issues with little success for the last three years..... I Know, we need better balanced mobs, too many High level mobs, We need better loot lists, too many of the items that drops are TT food, we need some Rare items with High TT. I know we need to re-balance all the Weapon BPs and add a decent Number of Unlimited BPs... Of course we need to make sure the weapons are also worth crafting... We need to review all the ingredients required for the BP's to make sure they are dropping in the right proportions and we need to make sure that MU cost of the ingredients is not so high that the weapons become too expensive to hunt with...

I also know we need a Lot more decent weapons in the Loot, so that hunters are not entirely dependent on crafters... We also Probabaly need a Bunch more Mining Amp BPs or other tools that use up Dedicated RT resources...

And we need to address Bugs... And we need to do alot more events...

These things I do know and for various reasons I have to start over almost from scratch to make this happen...

Look at his grammar, how he unnecessarily capitalizes words, the way he speaks.

How can you tell me i'm wrong? What proof do YOU have? Besides some dumbass assumption that I have 3 globals on entropialife? :lolup::lolup::lolup:

Boorum Pants with range enhancers

coming soon to a vu near you...

- I have not had a global since 2011? Firstly, that is not my account. My account isn't publicly shown because I don't want people to know my character name ingame. So you have no idea how many globals i've had.

- Please refer to this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ver-and-shot-rate-changes&highlight=enhancers

It shows by a hunter who is significantly more intelligent and spends more time hunting than you, that enhancers do break by uses per minute. Now you are gonna tell me Girtsn is incorrect as well? Oh wait - but you don't even understand my statement! You need to go to english class first.

LASTLY,

Uhm...sorry? Did he just say a billion jobs? Hmm. So could that mean that NEVERDIE has 100 billion PED to pay workers a month? And how is this a job exactly? You are basically earning $0.014 per hour. Wow! NEVERDIE has such amazing marketing skills! Isn't that why his planet is so popular?

No. NEVERDIE has done things that should have never been done. He is unprofessional and deserves nothing. Let's see his achievements:

- He released a game-breaking mob that did almost no damage and had huge HP. Apparently this was a "team hunting mob" that HOFed many times.

- He gave somebody a free high valued weapon due to being stabbed at a bar. I really wish I was the person who got stabbed.

- And here is NEVERDIE begging for players: Link

Look at his grammar, how he unnecessarily capitalizes words, the way he speaks.

How can you tell me i'm wrong? What proof do YOU have? Besides some dumbass assumption that I have 3 globals on entropialife? :lolup::lolup::lolup:

Give your in game and I will take it all back, any lame excuses means you are full of it. Oh and BTW if your tracker account is blocked un-block it for a day or two so all can look. It does seem strange that there are only 2 names that have "silentkill234" as part of the name and corresponds to about the same time you joined the forum.

I respects Girts opinion as he does do a lot of hunting so that is something to consider. Having said that and having been a senior programmer for many years I would like to see the code that would accomplish that end, I am just saying. But still I respect Girts and his opinions.

Lastly (only one cap) if you are old enough to have been able to watch the interview with ND in 2005 you would know he took a second mortgage on his house for 80K to have MA make the plant and 6 months later he had the 80K back and he is still here(the link you provided is 4 years ago (4/2013). So I guess he must be doing ok. I not sure grammar has anything to do with his success.

It is exactly like loot. You need to kill thousands to get a stable average. People say each gun has its own ratio. I only know my own gun's ratio because I tracked over 1 mil ped; it can be different on your gun, it can be different for each enh type, all you can do is test. But just like with loot, if the first mob in a run gave you a 150ped global, to assume all mobs will loot the same, would be really silly... Pleaple speak of a 2500 shots for each enh break ratio. If your pistol has 64 attacks per minute and your rifle has 37, if they had the same ratio, your pistol would burn twice as many enh in the same time span, but same number of shots.

Speaking of silly things... I am sure you are aware too, of all of the above, because you're a smart man and an experienced hunter, but, you're still looking for the alternative answer, the alternative way... why ?:scratch2:

It is like religion, some refuse the logical option, the proven science, and they tend to believe there's a bearded guy in the sky that watches of ppl while the [insert daily activity here], every day, because it's easier that way instead of thinning or reading...

You drawn your conclusion that range enh are breaking very fast after consuming 2? ... HOW?

IMHO it would be better to make one thread titled "Herco's questions" - would be much better than making 3 threads a day with questions that 7 YO would ask. Otherwise I'm tempted to report all your posts for breakign rule 1.1.

I think that I will do something I don't do very often, explain my reasoning for my questions.
As I have mentioned I was a senior programmer for many years and my last job was working for a medical software company (our program contained in excess of one million lines of code). I was the first employee hired and worked there for about 10 years and then the company was purchased by a competitor for 147M USD not bad for a company that started with zero and 4 partners and one employee.

One of the hardest thing about programming is making sure the code works correctly and it is hard to write code and debug the code because it is hard for a programmer to come with the strange things that the end-user can come up with to input. As a consequence and because of my experience I was one of the main de-buggers that would find the errors that were made by other programmers(about 25-30 of them).

Case in point about MA. Not sure any of you remember when the cave mission would not work for over 6 months because some programmer changed the name of crystals to gems in the cave. Not to be rude but that tells me there is very little debugging going on.

In game, and I am talking about hunting, when you kill a mob that goes through a bunch of code to determine the loot to give. I think it takes into consideration armor, weapon, ammo used, med-packs, scopes, amps, lasers, and of course enhancers and their type, which would be damage, range, accuracy, eco and skill mod. And now rings and so on. Maybe it goes through code that has not been thoroughly tested and one may gain a slight edge maybe even a big edge. Say the edge was an extra ped or two each time you get loot or 5% more, really not enough to make a big diff and probably not enough to notice but still every little bit helps, But what if it makes a 2K ped diff ? Now you would not know the first time it happens but if it happens 3 time in a row then of course you have to tell MA because it be exploiting, but I don't think you have to give the ped back.

The reason that I asked about the enhancers, as I stated, that was either the second or third time it happened and using a range enhancer on a short range pistol it not something that is done and may not have been tested properly. Of course if I would have got a 2K HOF I would have used another range enhancer to see if it happened again:)

Maybe that will not make any sense to any of you but that is it.

In game, and I am talking about hunting, when you kill a mob that goes through a bunch of code to determine the loot to give. I think it takes into consideration armor, weapon, ammo used, med-packs, scopes, amps, lasers, and of course enhancers and their type, which would be damage, range, accuracy, eco and skill mod. And now rings and so on.

That's quite a theory. It's obviously up to you what you think, but to me this is unnecessarily complex as a loot calculation method. Underneath it all there appears to be an assumption that loot is based on peds spent rather than damage done aka "eco doesn't matter".

Regards,
KikkiJikki

That's quite a theory. It's obviously up to you what you think, but to me this is unnecessarily complex as a loot calculation method. Underneath it all there appears to be an assumption that loot is based on peds spent rather than damage done aka "eco doesn't matter".

Regards,
KikkiJikki

You misunderstand its really not a theory or anything like that its just a thought. Have you never heard of people who get a huge refund check because of a computer glitch ? Machines only have the logic that is programmed into to them and have no idea that sending a check to someone for $100M instead of $100 is wrong where a person would know that it was wrong immediately. And I just enjoy the fun of it.

You misunderstand its really not a theory or anything like that its just a thought. Have you never heard of people who get a huge refund check because of a computer glitch ? Machines only have the logic that is programmed into to them and have no idea that sending a check to someone for $100M instead of $100 is wrong where a person would know that it was wrong immediately. And I just enjoy the fun of it.

So the idea behind these posts is to find hunters that loot the 100 million peds and that will share here on the forums, how they do it ? I think it's going to be a bit hard :)
You may have more success within a society. I recommended you this int he past, forum is for the tips, soc chat for the tricks. There is where the PED making secrets are shared... join a soc m8 :)

I respects Girts opinion as he does do a lot of hunting so that is something to consider. Having said that and having been a senior programmer for many years I would like to see the code that would accomplish that end, I am just saying. But still I respect Girts and his opinions.

Just because you are a programmer doesn't mean this game is straight forward. I am not a programmer myself so forgive the ignorance but i'm sure all have a different way at tackling something.

And this game has been out for 14 years.

You said you think the average break-rate is 1400 clicks. So that would mean the chance of one breaking is 1/1400. If we assume this to be true (some things said in this thread indicates it is not) then the chance of one breaking after just 200 clicks would be 13.3 %, unless my math is off (1-(1-1/1400)^200).

13.3 % is not very rare I think. :)

A bias on break rate based on the apm of the weapon in question? I don't see how it could be hard to code.

Lastly (only one cap) if you are old enough to have been able to watch the interview with ND in 2005 you would know he took a second mortgage on his house for 80K to have MA make the plant and 6 months later he had the 80K back and he is still here(the link you provided is 4 years ago (4/2013). So I guess he must be doing ok. I not sure grammar has anything to do with his success.

TI was to my knowledge a proper auction. But CND was made for ND. He was supposed to buy it. A great business descision I am sure, but let's not make it out to be some kind of heroic act.

And this game has been out for 14 years.

I fail see what that's got to do with anything. :confused:

- I have not had a global since 2011? Firstly, that is not my account. My account isn't publicly shown because I don't want people to know my character name ingame.

There he is, talking down to everybody from the safety of his absolute anonymity.
So brave.

Someone who doesn't mine, doesn't craft and hunts snables? If that's him then my gut feeling about him was right... :cool:

Inteligent noobs on sight , maybe got his experience sweating , the uber sweater is among us , beware ! :eyecrazy:

Inteligent noobs on sight , maybe got his experience sweating , the uber sweater is among us , beware ! :eyecrazy:

He made a lot of sense tho, with just common sense as tool :)
If all "noobs" would apply same sound logic and common sense... things would have been better :D

The thirst that you people have to find my avatar is very interesting. I personally don't care about your opinions of me because you guys are forum warriors. You have no idea how the game works. 771k total hunting loot in globals and you don't know how enhancers function.

But I am glad that I received the merit of Evey, and that is all I need. Because at least Eve has pure knowledge of the game and gives facts.

The thirst that you people have to find my avatar is very interesting. I personally don't care about your opinions of me because you guys are forum warriors. You have no idea how the game works. 771k total hunting loot in globals and you don't know how enhancers function.

But I am glad that I received the merit of Evey, and that is all I need. Because at least Eve has pure knowledge of the game and gives facts.
I do accept your arguments about enhancers. I don't need any recommendations for things that are plain and obvious.

You also have a nasty habit of speaking down to everybody, with a good reason and without. Althou you're nobody yourself. That's not so good, in my book. :cool:

You have come long way in 5 years from lvl 25 laser sniper and knowing "some stuff" to jack of all trades and knowing everything. When I grow up I want to be just like you. (BTW I not sure lvl 25 is med level player)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?227930-Some-questions

You have come long way in 5 years from lvl 25 laser sniper and knowing "some stuff" to jack of all trades and knowing everything. When I grow up I want to be just like you. (BTW I not sure lvl 25 is med level player)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?227930-Some-questions

When did I ever state that? You are just trying to insult me which is sad because were all mature adults here (Cant say the same for you). I only know about hunting and if you look through my posts it is all about that. I don't know anything about mining or crafting. But apparently I am a jack of all trades according to you. What is so upsetting is that you know im right but still attempt to bring irrelevance in the picture, like my avatar, or a post I made 5 years ago...

(BTW I not sure range enhancer good with short range pistol) ;)

When did I ever state that? You are just trying to insult me which is sad because were all mature adults here (Cant say the same for you). I only know about hunting and if you look through my posts it is all about that. I don't know anything about mining or crafting. But apparently I am a jack of all trades according to you. What is so upsetting is that you know im right but still attempt to bring irrelevance in the picture, like my avatar, or a post I made 5 years ago...

(BTW I not sure range enhancer good with short range pistol) ;)

"Hey noob! Time to school you some more:" I guess I didn't really read that in one of your posts. You insult yourself I don't even need to try.

As far as being the Jack, that your are, and your are a legend in your own mind.

Oh and BTW if I quote Shakespeare that does not make me a great writer just a good reader. One poster said you have some good ideas problem is all of them belong to someone else. Show us one thread that you started with an original thought, just one.

Last edited:
Back