Entropia Universe and gameranx.com question

Trifle

CND Trader
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Suzanne Trifle Gizmos
Here something I posted on facebook last night

Something exciting happened around 3 am just now! I got interviewed by a journalist of http://gameranx.com/ and their youtube channel is https://www.youtube.com/user/gameranxTV It was a regular drinking Entropia drinking buddies night and someone named **** came up to me and asked if he could throw some questions at me for an interview for their websote and youtube channel. He actually asked intelligent questions and I was happy to oblige him. Ofcourse I marketed Entropia and not behaving like a fangirl which I am not. It was fun to do. In 2 or 3 days it will be online on the website and on youtube. He asked me if I wanted to shoot some footage for their youtube channel but I thought of my society mate Eve who is level 100 and a much better hunter than me plus he didn't drink lol. So right at this moment Eve is hunting and being filmed for the youtube channel :) I am looking forward to the article and the youtube video. When I know it is online I will put the links right here on facebook for all of you. Oh yeah **** asked me if he could use my name, so I said my ingame can be usd, which is Trifle ;) By the way, gameranx has per article between the 500.000 to over 1 million views! You have now a celebrity amongst you lol

After I posted this on facebook Eve told me he didn't get to hunt for video footage cause the office was closing since it was 6 pm. But before the post on facebook **** (from gameranx) asked me if he could borrow armor and a gun so he could hunt himself for the video footage. I told him no since his skills were not efficient to use my equipment. No problem there.

Today Shy Less was interviewed for gameranx.com as well. At the end of the conversation he was asked if he could get a vehicle and some oil so he could drive to Port Atlantis. He has never asked Eve for stuff.

Now we are wondering if this was a a smart way to scam. Because at the end of both friendly and well thought out interview we were both asked to give him stuff. And we both didn't. Makes us wonder if more people have been approached and if this is a new scam in Entropia.

At http://gameranx.com/about/ this is clearly stated:
In order to respect our PR contacts and maintain order we request that you do not ask for or accept free items, swag, merchandise, or games exceeding................................etcetc

Last edited:
To add more... he said he had to make videoshots of the planets landscape and was short in time since the article have to be up in 2 days.

This person wanted a quad + oil from me to fly to Port Atlantis.
I said i dont have a quad... and he asked me if i could find someone who could arange him one. I said no.
Then he said he needs to go to Port Atlantis cause he wanted to interview people there and it needed to happen fast cause he was short in time...
I told him that the fastest way is to use the teleporter. He rejected using the teleporter and asked me to give him some oil atleast so he could drive to Port Atlantis....

He didn't ask me for stuff. I wanted to take the guy to Proteron and Mulmun, to show him some big mobs and the famous 30k $ mob, but he had to go...
He didn't seem dodgy at all. Maybe mail gameranx and ask them?

Latest news, he has borrowed equipment from someone for 15minutes and he has shot video footage for the youtube channel :)

Last edited:
Latest news, he has borrowed equipment from someone for 15minutes and he has shot video footage for the youtube channel :)

Pretty cool :)
They have 3.3 mil subscribers on Youtube

Just as a note, Port Atlantis is no longer automatically on each new avatar's TP list. Each has to find their way from Icarus to PA or from Half Moon Bay to Corinth and operate a Teleporter Technician before the old "basic set" of TP's gets unlocked.

I'd have just flown him to PA, or encouraged him to take the very short hike along the beach.

I actually love the introductory questlines from Icarus to PA and from Half Moon Bay to Corinth - EXCEPT the part where you pick cherries. That mission isn't fun enough to bother with. No good reason not to just run to the nearest office tower at that point.

Just as a note, Port Atlantis is no longer automatically on each new avatar's TP list. Each has to find their way from Icarus to PA or from Half Moon Bay to Corinth and operate a Teleporter Technician before the old "basic set" of TP's gets unlocked.

I'd have just flown him to PA, or encouraged him to take the very short hike along the beach.

Yeah if I had known I would have flown him too, but was out for an irl dinner :)

We need to advertice the game as good as we can, Hopefully they will bring some beautifull video footage that can bring some curiosity to try the game out to the 3.3 million subscribers on the channel...

Crossing fingers :)

Mmmmaybe it's real. Then again, there is a link in my sig...

We need to advertice the game as good as we can, Hopefully they will bring some beautifull video footage that can bring some curiosity to try the game out to the 3.3 million subscribers on the channel...

Crossing fingers :)

ehm, Why do we need to do so?
Is this not the job for MA? Once we got LA's and suprem armor, to make videos for MA. Seems this times are past.

Don't get me wrong! I think it is just fine, if players and customers of EU make videos, but advertising, should realy be done by MA! It is theyr game, and it is theyr job to make promotion. So ,why we should do the job from MA? Just about they are to lazy or what ever, to make advertising?

Is this not the job for MA? Once we got LA's and suprem armor, to make videos for MA. Seems this times are past.

Don't get me wrong! I think it is just fine, if players and customers of EU make videos, but advertising, should realy be done by MA! It is theyr game, and it is theyr job to make promotion. So ,why we should do the job from MA? Just about they are to lazy or what ever, to make advertising?

NoBion is very passionate about the game. He always has been. To you the game is a burden atm. So when he said we should advertise, I think he wasn't referring to finance TV commercials or things like that, but, on a personal level, when you encounter a new player or someone interested in the concept (like we usually do, most of us - because the more people playing the game, the better everything gets).

Yes, MA should do the proper advertising, and they are. Can they do a better job with this? Ofc.

Players keep mentioning a referral system that could help everyone, not sure if possible and how it could work, but, it would determine players and investors put heavy money into good ideas and creative concepts for advertising the game

NoBion is very passionate about the game. He always has been. To you the game is a burden atm. So when he said we should advertise, I think he wasn't referring to finance TV commercials or things like that, but, on a personal level, when you encounter a new player or someone interested in the concept (like we usually do, most of us - because the more people playing the game, the better everything gets).

Yes, MA should do the proper advertising, and they are. Can they do a better job with this? Ofc.

Players keep mentioning a referral system that could help everyone, not sure if possible and how it could work, but, it would determine players and investors put heavy money into good ideas and creative concepts for advertising the game

its possible since some "Chosen" ones have it.

Don't get me wrong! I think it is just fine, if players and customers of EU make videos!

Thats great, if he is passionate, and also great, if some of us doing the job of MA for free.
But realy, how bad is it, if WE need to do this for MA?

Don't get me wrong! I think it is just fine, if players and customers of EU make videos!

Thats great, if he is passionate, and also great, if some of us doing the job of MA for free.
But realy, how bad is it, if WE need to do this for MA?

I think you got it wrong. YOU don't have to do ANYTHING. So relax, breathe. Everything is fine.
There are things like fan-made art, videos etc. People do this out of passion, for free, quite often in the gamin world, mostly in the niche gaming zone... and no one asks them to do anything and they don't need to do anything.
When people put passion in what they do, most of the times something awesome comes out. When people are passionate, they don't need money to do what they love...
Again, YOU don't need to do anything, relax!

Not to mention that a big chunk of cld sale was supposedly going towards advertising and it appears not much of that went there

I think you got it wrong. YOU don't have to do ANYTHING. So relax, breathe. Everything is fine.
There are things like fan-made art, videos etc. People do this out of passion, for free, quite often in the gamin world, mostly in the niche gaming zone... and no one asks them to do anything and they don't need to do anything.
When people put passion in what they do, most of the times something awesome comes out. When people are passionate, they don't need money to do what they love...
Again, YOU don't need to do anything, relax!

I don't think that Trance is saying something is wrong or even reacting badly. She is just raising the question on where MA is in resolving the advertising issue. It is a valid one and something we should get an answer to from MA (or their representative).

Not sure why your reaction is that Trance is got something wrong. Again, she is just asking a question and hoping that the "New MA" we have started to see might do something different than the old one. Just sayin.. :wise:

As for Player created videos showing their love for the game, that is great and should be encouraged. These efforts are even rewarded from time to time. They are great to see/read and are quite creative. :laugh:

I don't think that Trance is saying something is wrong or even reacting badly. She is just raising the question on where MA is in resolving the advertising issue. It is a valid one and something we should get an answer to from MA (or their representative).

Well, to be honest, I fully respect trance and normally completely disagree with Evey, but trance was now just looking to bash MA in a thread that has nothing to do with MA.
The post started with something positive which is turned into something negative about MA. Why? :scratch2:

Sure, MA could do more marketing, but that's not the point of this thread.

Sometimes you can simply be happy that marketing and positive attention comes from another corner.

And besides, there's no better marketing then player based marketing. A company can advertise how great they are, but if a customer says a company is great, that has far more value!

Not sure why your reaction is that Trance is got something wrong. Again, she is just asking a question and hoping that the "New MA" we have started to see might do something different than the old one. Just sayin.. :wise:

As for Player created videos showing their love for the game, that is great and should be encouraged. These efforts are even rewarded from time to time. They are great to see/read and are quite creative. :laugh:

That was the idea behind my post!:)

Well, to be honest, I fully respect trance and normally completely disagree with Evey, but trance was now just looking to bash MA in a thread that has nothing to do with MA.
The post started with something positive which is turned into something negative about MA. Why? :scratch2:

Sure, MA could do more marketing, but that's not the point of this thread.

Sometimes you can simply be happy that marketing and positive attention comes from another corner.

And besides, there's no better marketing then player based marketing. A company can advertise how great they are, but if a customer says a company is great, that has far more value!

Just all fine, and i don't will bash MA!
But we all know how bad they make advertising. I just would love, if MA would have the same love to do advertising like some players are doing, thats all!

I think some ppl should just slow down, with bashing ppl, how try to make the game better, if they tell the truth why things run wrong.

Thanks to all, how this understand.

...ooOoOoOoooOooOOOoo...

Last edited:
Just all fine, and i don't will bash MA!
But we all know how bad they make advertising. I just would love, if MA would have the same love to do advertising like some players are doing, thats all!

Yes, you are right and it is no problem at all to bash MA. Bash as much as you like :wtg:

But just be so kind to make a separate thread for it ;)

Hi trance.

Yes its also Mindarks job to advertice, even if they do it optimal, we still want all the interrest in the game as possible, better succes for Entropia the longer it will stay and the better potential it will have. To be honest i think there is a lot of things that need to be improved in Entropia, i could write a book about it. But for now this game is still unique, it have survived for over a decade and wrote a lot of history that games in the future will be able to learn from. I might not always been active in Entropia, but i love Entropia, even with its many flaws.

A lot of the gaming community in the world does not even know of its existence, So we still have a ton of potential players to join the game. Big youtube channels can really promote the game massively, but smaller ones can as well. I believe that a lot of people try out the game once they discover it. From that point on, its Mindark and the community's task to try and make them stay and be a part of the future... Especially to make sure they understand its not playing to earn money, but to be a part of a funny experiience with the chance of making money.

So i do not disagree with you, first and foremost its Mindarks responsibillity to advertice, but we can also help getting people to know it exist :)

Deleted*****

I think this was a failed scam on me and my friends as no news appeared on gameranx. So be careful people!

Here something I posted on facebook last night

~snip~

After I posted this on facebook Eve told me he didn't get to hunt for video footage cause the office was closing since it was 6 pm. But before the post on facebook **** (from gameranx) asked me if he could borrow armor and a gun so he could hunt himself for the video footage. I told him no since his skills were not efficient to use my equipment. No problem there.

Today Shy Less was interviewed for gameranx.com as well. At the end of the conversation he was asked if he could get a vehicle and some oil so he could drive to Port Atlantis. He has never asked Eve for stuff.

Now we are wondering if this was a a smart way to scam. Because at the end of both friendly and well thought out interview we were both asked to give him stuff. And we both didn't. Makes us wonder if more people have been approached and if this is a new scam in Entropia.

At http://gameranx.com/about/ this is clearly stated:
In order to respect our PR contacts and maintain order we request that you do not ask for or accept free items, swag, merchandise, or games exceeding................................etcetc

I have got to say that was a smooth way to blow purple sunshine up your arse. I'd say you ran across a smooth operator. Glad you didn't fall for it.

Back