Religion in EU, why not?

Status

Erastothenes

Guardian
Society
Shaolin
John Erastothenes Bluetail
I think MA should put back that statue of Lootius.

Furthermore...

Let's intruduce Religion as a Profession, with Skill levels.

To advance, one will have to "pray" to Lootius. To properly "pray" one would need to consume Sweat in the process. Or perhaps Mind Essence is better?

Prayers could affect some Skills all the way like Serendipity. And maybe Animal Lore, giving a nod to those who might lean towards the animistic.

Here's an example of some possible ranks and unlocks:

Level 0 = Ateist
Level 1, 1 skillpoint = Agnostic
Level 6, 600 skillpoints = Novice
Level 10, 1000 skillpoints = Brother (unlocks "Prayer", effect: skill faster)
Level 14, 1400 skillpoints = Deacon
Level 18, 1800 skillpoints = Vicar
Level 20, 1800 skillpoints = Priest (unlocks "Collection", affects Serendipity)
Level 24, 2400 skillpoints = Prior
Level 28, 2800 skillpoints = Canon
Level 32, 3200 skillpoints = Monsignor
Level 42, 4200 skillpoints = Dean
Level 45, 4500 skillpoints = Rector
Level 51, 5100 skillpoints = Prelate
Level 66, 6600 skillpoints = Abbot
Level 81, 8100 skillpoints = Bishop (unlocks "Piousness", affects Mindforce, mainly Concentration)
Level 100, 10000 skillpoints = Arch Bishop
Level 120, 12000 skillpoints = Cardinal (unlocks "Repentance", affects all heal skills)
Level 180, 18000 skillpoints = Pope
Level 200, 20000 skillpoints = Transcended (unlocks "Halo", gives the avatar the ability to summon a halo)

Maybe we need our own Entropia-related "titles", I just picked what popped up in my head here... maybe you guys have some clever suggestions :D

cheers, eras

Frankly, it wasn't Lootius, since he had Omegaton logo on his coat :) Also the same statue still stands at Zychion.
Anyway, Lootius is in the heart, not in statues :shower:

Frankly, it wasn't Lootius, since he had Omegaton logo on his coat :) Also the same statue still stands at Zychion.
Anyway, Lootius is in the heart, not in statues :shower:

Many unlearned thought it was Lootius. But it was just another statue ...

We asked MArco once if they would make us a church... but they didnd't however he DID once mention Lootius in a speech! OH what a joy :D

I don't pray for loot, I kill for it. However, if you promise the profession will never rise with generic attributes or other side effects, I would proudly wear the title "Atheist" forever. Still sad I lost the display of "Inept Hair Stylist" this way although I never did a single click for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPAC_cGVnUg

Last edited:
It's been partially introduced, you already pay tithe. :yup:

The thought of this being in game is rather disturbing.

The thought of this being in game is rather disturbing.

Not only ingame :laugh: what has religion brought us over the past centuries exact nothing but ..........

Oh wait Level 81, 8100 skillpoints = Bishop (unlocks "child abuse", affects Mindforce, mainly Concentration)

Nah thanks lets keep that crap out of here pls.

Lootsifer is enough.

ALL HAIL LOOTSIFER!

Tee shirts that say Athiest or Devout or Heretic ... could be the next war factions for the future...

Rocktropia already has a Gubernunt bein started... religion could be next phase...

Part of Neverdie's latest hubbub is all about becoming AI... livin' 4ever & all that jazz... so it could work in to the story line in various ways... Can't be any worse than killing our avatar's grandparents with the whole mutants being previous colonists storyline.

U thought the bot wars were bloody, ain't got nothing on how bloody religious wars can become.

Last edited:
Level 200, 20000 skillpoints = Transcended (unlocks "Halo", gives the avatar the ability to summon a halo)
Already got angel and bat wings in game... and devil horns... Maybe halos are an idea for next Halloween. ;)

Still think it'd be swell if items could give buffs...

Perhaps items could be 'blessed' with a buff.

Technically speaking, isn't religion in EU already? Where'd these Cleric Daggers come from?...

(p.s. uh, see sig)

Last edited:
From the rank of priest onwards, you become pk-able everywhere. Turrets see you as mob, but you get 5 seconds to escape its range. That time is reduced as you continue rising in rank.

Eh, one can dream? I assume OP is meant as a joke and I do find it funny. The real world is fucked up enough with it, thank you. I don't want this nonsense to intrude my mental sanctuary.

I'm against religion in Entropia.

Maybe with one exception. The Grammaton Cleric. :handgun:

To make a new profession out of simple sweat consuming? Please, no, that's silly.

It's true EU has had very little new content over the years. It seems it has made us so unbelievably acquiescent we can't really imagine anything new any more...

Well, I think a new profession is a good idea. Give us fishing and we'll be happy! :wtg:

I almost would have said Give us gliders--but then remembered how terrible the landscape rendering in EU is even at very low altitudes... So yea, fishing would do. Water looks pretty good in Cryengine, boats are already in-game, just add some fishing equipment, add something to the loot tables that serves as bait and a few new animations for the avatars. Nothing so terribly hard and we would be all over it, for quite while. Some of us prolly would even make it their main profession... if it's reasonably well implemented and free of bugs. :cool:

All offer up fruits to The Great Daikiba.

(Please remember to face south while offering)

I only believe in Lootius big brother Depositus.

I only believe in Lootius big brother Depositus.

- Depositus LOL - maybe more realistic :)

Also good that one about being pk-able after a certain rank :)

Unsure if it's ok to link, but hope it's ok to suggest you google for "tim minchin cardinal pell" (- ref to that one about unloking Child etc.)

Not religious myself, fun to see what sparks might fly from suggesting religion ingame :)

And still would like a statue of Lootius, maybe also one of Depositus! And Lootsifer!

cheers, eras

Reactions: San

I'm against religion in Entropia.

Maybe with one exception. The Grammaton Cleric. :handgun:

In love with Equilibrium ... very undervalued movie me thinks

And yeah , plz don't give em bad ideas ...

Religion = Another way to think you are special = more wars :wise:

Another dumb request. Just like that one about the day and night BS a few years ago. And guess what ? It was implemented. If you want to f**k this game for good yeah, go ahead.

There's a "hint" in the headline ("Why not etc.."), had kinda hoped for some juicy-combined-with-clever arguments against... oh well...

... for some inspiration perhaps google/youtube Christopher Hitchens...

cheers, eras

Religion & Politics, well what can you say.

They are topics that people may or may not have opinions about, but at the same time people can have strong opinions (feelings may be a better word) - everybody is aware of this unless they are firmly placed somewhere on the autism spectrum.

So when someone gets up and knocks those opinions, they must know they could be causing offense, and are doing it because they want to, they are trolling, looking for an opportunity to push THEIR opinions, or just hopelessly autistic.

The OP and other posters here I thought interesting & funny, I especially liked Mega's Video of a Grammaton Cleric,
but amongst those posts, in were creeping anti religious posts I found offensive (I am not very religious, am not even a particularly good Christian, to me its personal & I don't go about shoving my take on religion in other peoples faces).

So Erastothenes, & San STFU. They are your opinions that I find offensive, stop shoving them in MY face.

Religion & Politics, well what can you say.

They are topics that people may or may not have opinions about, but at the same time people can have strong opinions (feelings may be a better word) - everybody is aware of this unless they are firmly placed somewhere on the autism spectrum.

So when someone gets up and knocks those opinions, they must know they could be causing offense, and are doing it because they want to, they are trolling, looking for an opportunity to push THEIR opinions, or just hopelessly autistic.

The OP and other posters here I thought interesting & funny, I especially liked Mega's Video of a Grammaton Cleric,
but amongst those posts, in were creeping anti religious posts I found offensive (I am not very religious, am not even a particularly good Christian, to me its personal & I don't go about shoving my take on religion in other peoples faces).

So Erastothenes, & San STFU. They are your opinions that I find offensive, stop shoving them in MY face.

It is interesting. A post started as a bit of a joke, degrading into someone finding it "shoving my take on religion in other peoples faces".

Ok, to even get to any "opinion of mine" you would have to have read the initial, and a bit more yes? As in digging, done by you. Not shoveling, by me.

Anyway. Even if religious, you might well be a decent, kind and, perhaps, a moral person. I wish you no ill will. I respect our need for, and any joy and comfort you may have from, your religion. None of my business - as long as me not hailing to same is someting you contend.

May Lootius see you :)

love, eras

Last edited:
So when someone gets up and knocks those opinions, they must know they could be causing offense, and are doing it because they want to, they are trolling, looking for an opportunity to push THEIR opinions ...
That's certainly true, good observation! :)

It's a subject where everybody already has a strong opinion this way or another. Once people have settled with their opinions they usually tend to ignore all counter arguments off the bat, even if those are actually good - and only look for those bits and pieces that confirm their bias.
With people like that there's no point to even talk about things. Wasted effort right from the start.

Then there's this tiny tiny minority, the true intellectual aristocracy of free minds that can enjoy arguments contrary to their own if they are fresh and deep and original. In case there's some people like this around, I'd say this about religion.

In the modern western world, especially in Western Europe, it's highly fashionable to bash religion, especially Christianity. What once was a daring revolutionary idea, is now mainstream. Everybody's atheist those days, so in case you've missed it, you won't score any points for originality any more.

Religions, vast majority of them have caused lot of bad things in the world. Some more, others less. When you try to remember the last wars Jainism or Taoism have caused... you'd be in trouble.
But then you'll certainly hear the argument Why the hell do we need any religion anyway?

Now that's where things get interesting. :cool:

Anyone who's ever tried to speak about any controversial topic in science has certainly noticed how emotional and dogmatic people instantly get. Let's pick an example here, say, research about relationships between IQ and race (google "Steven Pinker IQ race" if you're not familiar withe the concept).
So, what you instantly get is not intellectual counter-arguments, from the vast majority of people you'll get a response that can only be described as religious and dogmatic.
Certain things are not true because I strongly believe they are not true, period.
That's exactly what the Roman Catholic Inquisition told to Galileo Galilei:
- Heliocentrism? You are a heretic!
- But but but, here's a scientific empirical data that confirms my theory!
- Who cares about data, our Holy Book says otherwise! Off with your head!

And off he goes...

Now, if you think that's all in the past, think again.
Simple ordinary people desperately need a world view that describes all things in the world in a simple orderly black and white way. "Simple" is the code word here. Everybody knows how people adore simple explanations.
So, here's the rhetorical question - Do we have any simplistic dogmatic world views today? There's plenty, all over the place, followed by hundreds of millions of people! We don't like to call them "religions" today, that word has a bad taste to it. So we've renamed em to "ideologies". This way we can be dogmatic and have a blind faith without feeling simple-minded and stupid.

I'm a Taoist myself (the Japanese variety of it), but I do like the real (not the simplistic version of) Christianity.
Why? Well, mainly because it offends people and it's not mainstream. :wtg:
Also, if I'll end up with some kind of ideology anyway, I'll prefer the real thing to a cheap surrogate anytime...

OK, I hope I've deeply offended the religious feelings of every last one of you. Lets have some riots and book-burnings now! :cool:

Status
Back