How to Twitch?

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Now that we have An event where twitching is Essential...

How do I go about that? What software do I need? What's the best setup for Entropia? Will it work on a core2quad, 8 GB ram and an Nvidia 1050 Ti ?

Thx for constructive answers!

Download and get familiar with OBS . There are many tutorials available as to settings and quality so will not repeat those here.

Encoding is CPU intensive so good processor is required to encode high quality stream. But experiment and find resolution setting that your CPU will handle without dropping too many frames.
Your GPU and Ram are ok.

5 Mbps upload internet would be minimum for good quality, but you can stream on probably 2 Mbps upload, with lower quality ofcourse.

You will need to play around to find settings that go well with your rig and net.

Sounds like too much effort for an event really. This is the main reason why I will not participate. Events should be fun to do not a PITA with all the streaming needed to be setup.

And this comes from someone who owns probably the best armor set for an event like this.

Sounds like too much effort for an event really. This is the main reason why I will not participate. Events should be fun to do not a PITA with all the streaming needed to be setup.

And this comes from someone who owns probably the best armor set for an event like this.

I'm not interested either, but I am curious what armor set and why is it best? Just for my learnin. :)

dreyfus.gif

Clouseau?

You have a Geforce GPU, Just open Geforce Experience and click the share button (or ALT + Z in game) CLick the settings on the right and then Connect, enter your Twitch Account details.

Click Save and then done. Back to the main screen press Broadcast, then customize, make sure twitch is selected (there is some custom settings here too) Click save again and your ready to go

hit broadcast and start, give the stream a name and off you go

What are people even talking about here :( ??

Is it something like twerking?

Anyone watched previous events? It is actually great fun, with live commentary like a real sports competition. The various streams are used in this way and switched around. Not boring at all. I still can't at the moment, but will eventually like to give it a try. I think some just hate his guts for whatever reason, or they wouldn't comment at all.

Anyone watched previous events? It is actually great fun, with live commentary like a real sports competition. The various streams are used in this way and switched around. Not boring at all. I still can't at the moment, but will eventually like to give it a try. I think some just hate his guts for whatever reason, or they wouldn't comment at all.

i did last year, was maybe the last few rounds. I did enjoy it, the way the stream cycles over each player with commentary and music.. best EU stream i've watched to date

/mod note/

I've moved this to the same section that holds all the threads about Twitch streams, in the hope that this is where members might go looking for this information in the future.

Now that we have An event where twitching is Essential...

How do I go about that? What software do I need? What's the best setup for Entropia? Will it work on a core2quad, 8 GB ram and an Nvidia 1050 Ti ?

Thx for constructive answers!

Storm covered the basics. I'm just worried about the dated Core 2 Quad. I'm sure it will meet minimum requirements to run. It will just be very pixelated and maybe give some old timers nostalgia thinking they are viewing clips from PE with the twitch settings you'll have to set it to lol.

Once you've done some initial settings. Do some test runs and have a buddy sit in your channel as you stream and if you are able to. watch it yourself on a tablet or smart phone (assuming your download is good enough to do so) and see how it goes, look for buffering on your end but most importantly if the viewer is also buffering as well and clarity. Adjust settings to find the right balance since you are limited by your CPU.

Storm covered the basics. I'm just worried about the dated Core 2 Quad. I'm sure it will meet minimum requirements to run. It will just be very pixelated and maybe give some old timers nostalgia thinking they are viewing clips from PE with the twitch settings you'll have to set it to lol.

Once you've done some initial settings. Do some test runs and have a buddy sit in your channel as you stream and if you are able to. watch it yourself on a tablet or smart phone (assuming your download is good enough to do so) and see how it goes, look for buffering on your end but most importantly if the viewer is also buffering as well and clarity. Adjust settings to find the right balance since you are limited by your CPU.

I don't know if the event also requires me to have a visually appealing picture in the stream. I guess I would have to do some testing. I am not going to change my motherboard for an event. I made a video a year back or so and yes it was laggy and jerky and that wasn't even streaming.

Laggy jerky twitching.. that does sound gross.

Ok, Twitch works in 720p.
The GeForce experience software is really easy to setup.

Thanks for the help!

Back