Scorpio
Oracle Kev FountofWisdom
Currently mine are:

1) Game of Thrones

2) Breaking Bad

3) Vikings

4) Black Sails

5) Dexter

Please share yours coz I'm wondering what to watch next.

Gosh man, I feel your pain! Sounds like serious trouble! ;)

1. Game of Thrones (25 Jun 2017)
  2. [Black Sails (?)]
  3. Vikings (Nov/Dec 2017)
  4. The Walking Dead (Oct 2017)
  5. The Big Bang Theory
  6. The Blacklist

The "heavy artillery" in bold (next episode in parenthesis).
Black Sails, afaik, has aired the last episode and the rest of the high quality stuff's on summer holidays. :(

There's also "The 100" if you're a Sci-Fi fan but it has really bad acting and godawful scripts. It showed some promise in the 1st season but has quickly degraded since. By now I won't recommend it even to a die hard sci-fi fan in dire need. It's better to starve to death with nothing new to watch than die from pure disgust.

Anyway, it's a fine idea to exchange info, cheers!

There is a few series i watch, but struggle to pin them into an order

1. Game of Thrones

2. Silicon Valley

3. DC CW Series - Arrow, Flash & Legends of Tomorrow (+ Supergirl i guess)

4. Death Note (altho ended, 37 eps can be considered worthy)

5. iZombie

I enjoyed the 1st season of Walking Dead, but that season at the farm house bored me. Heard its much better again, but its too many eps now to catch up

All the marvel and dc stuff on cw, abc, etc.... for heavier storyline of more adult variation gotham. Netflix is ok but real let down on iron fist... seems the writers are getting worse as time progresses.

If u enjoyed breaking bad u better call Saul is tolerable

You gotta watch Six Feet Under :)

Oh and Boston Legal ofcourse :)

Last edited:
aw, forgot that little gem

Netflix, 1st episode of the 2nd season next week

Besides several of the ones mentioned, I'm watching "Into the Badlands" and "Prison Break", not epic but ok.

Both Archer and Rick&Morty are gems if you want to have fun, like I do.

The last couple of times I decided to watch "serious" stuff, I watched Westworld and Taboo. Easily two of the best series ever.

Other than that... Band of brothers and Peaky Blinders... that's pretty much it.

If you haven't watched at least 2 of the above, you are seriously missing out.

Really, GoT is boring as hell for 80% of the episode, and 80% of the episodes in every season are fillers to hook you up. And TWD is even worse, you barely get any zombie action anymore... both suck in my honest opinion. I don't like being treated like an addict who needs his dosage.

you have to mention Billions

Few good things that are worth to see and others did not mentioned (random order):
Black Mirror
Utopia
Vinyl
Outlander
Legion
Narcos
Preacher
Taboo
Longmire
Frontier
Into the Badlands
Brockmire
The Last Kingdom
Spartacus
Firefly
Humans
The Borgias
..... oops you asked for 5 ;)

the wire
la priovra
lost
true detective
westworld

i also forgot to say

justified
gomorra
luther

1) The West Wing
2) The West Wing
3) The West Wing
4) The West Wing
5) The West Wing

• Blackadder Series 1-4
  • Bottom Series 1-3
  • Red Dwarf Series 1 - (they are still making them)
  • Peep Show Series 1-9
  • Men Behaving Badly Series 1-6
  • Father Ted Series 1-3
  • The IT Crowd Series 1-5

I know I did seven, but what the hell. :)

1) Babylon 5 (all series)
2) Black mirror (all series)
3) Star trek Voyager (all series)
4) Game of thrones (all series)
5) Borgen ((all series)
6) House of Cards (all series)

Not necessarily in that order. All of them I enjoyed and were powerful in their own right for different reasons.
Babylon 5 highly under rated but the best sci-fi series ever created due to multiple layer long story arc.
Black mirror and voyager both brilliant due to proper sci-fi elements i.e. what if this scenarios that actually make you think.

Game of thrones, borgen, house of cards all excellent story driven with powerful acting...

In no particular order, I can recommend these TV series:

• Battlestar Gallactica remake
  • Hawaii Five-0 remake
  • Highlander
  • Start Trek TNG, DS9 and Voager (You can skip the rest)
  • Arrow
  • Bullshit (Penn & Teller)
  • True Blood
  • Black Lagoon
  • Black Butler
  • Sword Art Online
  • Good Eats
  • Young Justice
  • Justice League (both series)

That should hold you for a good while. :) I'll skip placing up online only, never really on tv, series that I like, just to keep with the question.

1) Dead ringers
2) IT Crowd
3) Lost
4) Blackadder
5) Family Guy

Nice thread :)

1)Black Mirror
2)Breaking Bad
3)The Office
4)The Sopranos
5)Fargo

Only one person mentioned Battlestar Galactica!? :eyecrazy:
For a moment there I wasn't certain if it's really a forum for a sci-fi themed game (or a planet, at least)... :scratch2:

Current
Billions
Better Call Saul
The Americans
Colony
Bates Motel

Previous

Incorporated
Lillyhamer
The Good Wife
Ray Donovan
Low Winter Sun
Vikings
House of Cards
Breaking Bad
The Borgias
Caprica
Crisis
Westworld
Black Mirror
and lots you all already mentioned.

Last edited:
Not necessarily top 5, but 5 series not mentioned much I found quite entertaining.

Orphan Black, fifth and final season starts in June, just enough time to watch first 4.
Bates Motel, final season just finished.
Orphan Black
Prison Break
Orphan Black
The Americans
Orphan Black
The 100

Until you watch Orphan Black, you won't understand why I've listed it so many times.

Last edited:
Not necessarily top 5, but 5 series not mentioned much I found quite entertaining.

Orphan Black, fifth and final season starts in June, just enough time to watch first 4.
Bates Motel, final season just finished.
Orphan Black
Prison Break
Orphan Black
The Americans
Orphan Black
The 100

Until you watch Orphan Black, you won't understand why I've listed it so many times.

we tried orphan black and gave upm after 2 episodes some time ago,and recently thought wed have to give it more chance so we rewatched from start and gaveup after 4 episodes,
did it grab you from the pilot or should we just pwoer through and it gets beter later ?

Wow thanks guys! :)

I'll try to reply to all posters via rep eventually but a great response and so many new TV series to look for on my Kodi Box! ;)

Recently watched 13 Reasons Why and wished I hadn't. So sad and depressing.

Recently enjoyed The Expanse and The 100 was OK. Black Mirror great.

Taboo and Westworld excellent as some have said.

I also started Orphan Black, liked it but stopped watching for some reason.

Currently watching Better Call Saul and World Snooker Championship here in Sheffield but nearly finished so I'll be checking out all the stuff you've posted! ?

So much TV and so little time!

My top 5 has already been listed, except die fringe. Really Love thatone

but a great response and so many new TV series to look for on my Kodi Box! ;)

You better make use of it while you can. It looks as if kodi boxes lifespan is limited e.g. special encryption company working on method to block or render kodi boxes unworkable. Also authorities have started cracking down on sales of preinstalled kodi boxes. So basically authorities working on making these obsolete.

Incorporated

Caprica

Out of the ones I haven't seen those two look the most appealing to me from all the ones listed above.

Loved Battlestar Galactica remake so I'd probably like Caprica.

Incorporated I'd never heard of before but watching the trailer, looks different.

we tried orphan black and gave upm after 2 episodes some time ago,and recently thought wed have to give it more chance so we rewatched from start and gaveup after 4 episodes,
did it grab you from the pilot or should we just pwoer through and it gets beter later ?

It got me from episode 1, but I understand it won't appeal to everyone. If you haven't gotten into it by episode 4 then you probably won't at all.
It is technically incredible though... not with CGI or explosions, but with fantastic acting and editing -- some scenes having the same actor, Tatiana Maslany, on screen playing 3 or 4 characters simultaneously and totally seamlessly.

Back