Your Top 5 TV series/box sets

Out of the ones I haven't seen those two look the most appealing to me from all the ones listed above.

Loved Battlestar Galactica remake so I'd probably like Caprica.

Incorporated I'd never heard of before but watching the trailer, looks different.

Yes i got hooked on Incorporated and Caprica, but sadly just one season for Incorporated. Interestingly, looking at everyone lists there is a definite taste among EU players for Dystopia and SciFi type shows.

Found most of what i like via Tastekid ( Now TasteDive) recommendations, but not sure how accurate the site is these days.

Some other TV series you might like :
Ascension
Continuum
Extant
Helix
Falling Skies
Stranger Things
Wayward Pines
12 Monkeys

Maybe not entirely to your taste :
Last Resort
Revolution
Jeremiah
Penny Dreadfull
Quarry
The Leftovers

Tnx for the thread OP......

Last edited:
It got me from episode 1, but I understand it won't appeal to everyone. If you haven't gotten into it by episode 4 then you probably won't at all.
It is technically incredible though... not with CGI or explosions, but with fantastic acting and editing -- some scenes having the same actor, Tatiana Maslany, on screen playing 3 or 4 characters simultaneously and totally seamlessly.

ok,ill give it another shot when i run out of other shows :)

oh..another show i forgot to mention btw is penny dreadful
i normally get bored fast with supernatural shows but this 1 i found amazing..great camerawork/acting/music

The Marvel titles on Netflix were better-than-expected. Having the Marvel was almost a negative for me, having had my fill of super-hero movies, but I ended up enjoying all of them, probably because there isn't the non-stop over-the-top action typical of super-hero movies. The network series Agents of Shield is more like the movies and can't be used to judge those that are exclusive to Netflix.
Daredevil has some of the best fight scenes anywhere -- to the extent I've even suspected they hired MMA fighters and they weren't pulling punches like stuntmen do.

Two others, totally different, but again quite entertaining:
Falling Skies (series is over, binge way)
12 Monkeys

I am Mega Sci-Fi Fantasy guy so... Many many of those shows i watch.. I already see many of the shows i watch listed in the OP and in many other parts of thread. Mostly my favs are (would be hard to narrow to 5):

StarTrek (any)
Game of Thrones
Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
Walking Dead (pretty good early seasons.. last few started to get a bit lame :p)
The Expanse (excellent new show!)
Breaking Bad
FireFly
FarScape
Cosmos (both)

Only one person mentioned Battlestar Galactica!? :eyecrazy:
For a moment there I wasn't certain if it's really a forum for a sci-fi themed game (or a planet, at least)... :scratch2:

I did say "Red Dwarf" :tongue2: My earlier picks were all comedy, sometimes 'binge watcher's' want cheering up.

Sci-Fi

• Dr Who
  • Lost
  • Torchwood
  • The Man in the High Castle
  • Humans

Non Sci-Fi

• Peaky Blinders
  • Sherlock
  • Utopia

:duh: Forgot to add that one on my list. Good show. (The BBC version, of course)

Also a strange but enjoyable show that only got 1 season: Limitless.

Yes Sherlock another one I never miss along with Luther.

Must mention this surreal comedy, The League of Gentlemen, that was a 'must see'.

I did say "Red Dwarf" :tongue2: My earlier picks were all comedy, sometimes 'binge watcher's' want cheering up.

Sci-Fi

• Dr Who
  • Lost
  • Torchwood
  • The Man in the High Castle
  • Humans

Non Sci-Fi

• Peaky Blinders
  • Sherlock
  • Utopia

Sherlock !!!! Love that1, a shame its so short on episodes!!

:duh: Forgot to add that one on my list. Good show. (The BBC version, of course)

Sherlock !!!! Love that1, a shame its so short on episodes!!

Tell me about it, waiting 2 years for 3 episodes each time makes me envious of those who have yet to see this superior production and can watch all of them in a week. :)

PS: I still dont know how *spoiler* Sherlock survived that fall *spoiler*

--------

As Oracle was a fan of "The League of Gentlemen", I additionally submit this:

Helps if you liked the "Shaun of the Dead" film but has nothing in common with it apart from the actors. Doesn't that one guy look a lot like Mycroft Holmes. ;)

Last edited:

And Green Wing is even better. :yup:

Never watched Green Wing for some reason Mega but love the Spaced series.

Some occasional good sketches on the Armando Iannucci show:

<aside to Mega in reply to his reputation comment: "heh, I'll marry anyone for peds" :D>

Wow now I have to quit this game again!!!

Because....

NONE OF YOU FUCKING SAID MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...how can no one bring this up. There is even a reboot of it that just came out on Netflix and its great too!

God I hate you guys.

Seriously.

download.jpg

Because....

I don't think this was ever shown in the UK.

yea never heard of it before, but i saw it was added and seemed to create some excitement on Reddit

No probably not...

Its an old show from the 90's ending around 2000.

Basically a dude get shot to space and forced to watch cheesy movies, so he builds some friends and makes fun of the movies with his new robot pals.

The first half of its run, the dude was Joel...the second half of the series was Mike...and now there is a 3rd guy with the reboot. I like em all for different reasons.

For over 20 years now, everyday in the shower I sing the opening song from the show. This new reboot changed the words a bit tho...I will have to get used to it. It even has Felicia Day from The Guild in it :D

Last edited:

There is a difference between knowing a show exists and liking it enough to recommend it. :nana:

Seriously though, if you are amused by hearing your friends rip into horrible D-list movies that's on the telly, then you will find this hilarious, they do a fantastic job on that level. Otherwise, it's a miss.

Thank you all posters in this thread!

From the shows recommended I've started watching Billions and really like it! :wtg:

Now up-to-date with The Expanse, The 100, Better Call Saul and Genius (the adventures of a young Albert Einstein).

Thank you all posters in this thread!

From the shows recommended I've started watching Billions and really like it! :wtg:

Now up-to-date with The Expanse, The 100, Better Call Saul and Genius (the adventures of a young Albert Einstein).

You may want to watch that Mystery Science thingy as well before someone has an aneurysm.

You may want to watch that Mystery Science thingy as well before someone has an aneurysm.

Found 11 series on Kodi but of the half dozen episodes I tried no streams were available.

Same with Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return.

And with Mystery Science Theatre 3000: The Movie I got 'unplayable stream' message.

Not wanting to admit defeat nor to be responsible for a fellow citizen's painful demise via a ruptured aorta I finally stumbled upon this little beauty! <enjoy>

Found 11 series on Kodi but of the half dozen episodes I tried no streams were available.

Same with Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return.

And with Mystery Science Theatre 3000: The Movie I got 'unplayable stream' message.

Not wanting to admit defeat nor to be responsible for a fellow citizen's painful demise via a ruptured aorta I finally stumbled upon this little beauty! <enjoy>

Most episodes here in better quality http://www.club-mst3k.com/

Fans rate them too there...If you are new to it skip the first season or two...they got way better by season 3 and on

Also, it is way better when you get really high.

Try "Space Mutiny" (Season 8 episode 20) It was a movie that came out right after Star Wars trying to capture some of the hype at the time. It was one of the worst movies ever made...making the skewering of it even better. The acting and sets are so bad you won't stop laughing.

Last edited:

Because....

That's because I'm in the UK and don't remember seeing the originals although thinking about it I remember seeing something like it.

I have seen the trailer for new series on Netflix with Felicia Day.

Hmmmmm Felicia Day.

Ok, my list but in no particular order.

1. Lexx (last show I bought on vhs and then again on DVD)
2. Kolchark the night stalker.
3. Ghost Hunt (anime but I've watched it 5-6 times)
4. Ghost in the shell stand alone complex series 1 & 2 (yep another anime)
5. Black Lagoon (guess what another anime)

lots of others but those five are the ones I've watched several times over the years.

Last edited:
Just finishing episode 3 of Goliath... might not get much sleep.

started watching Legion. It's on Hulu now. ;)

Mr Robot (surprised that this has not been mentioned yet) :eyecrazy:
The Leftovers
Outcast
Walking Dead
Fear The Walking Dead
Wayward Pines
12 Monkeys
Westworld

Mr Robot (surprised that this has not been mentioned yet) :eyecrazy:

Yes Mr Robot should appeal to EU community I reckon...I liked it too but forgot about it. :)

Had heard good things about Travelers and I agree, quite enjoyable...
Was kind of a good thing my internet went out about 3:30am last night or I might not have gone to bed at all. Should be on Netflix everywhere.

The excellent and topical BBC Television six-part series “Bodyguard” starring Richard Madden (Robb Stark in Game of Thrones) has been bought by Netflix (rights excluding U.K. & Ireland) and debuts on Netflix October 24th.

Final episode being shown on BBC 1 this Sunday at 9pm.

Worth a watch.

You have seen most of the other films made on his books.

Enjoy these that didn't get made into a full movie. Yet. :yup:

We will always be together in electric dreams...

Back