Small Stacks on Auction House?

LordDracher

Mature
I'm a little bit confused, on the auction house I will see people place small stacks of items with a tt value +1 ped buy out. Here is an example, a player puts a stack on 100 animal muscle oil on the auction, which has a tt value of 3 ped and the listing has a buyout of 4 ped.

The listing fee is .54 ped, so if we subtract the listing fee from the buyout price we get 3.46. So the player spends .54 ped to get .46 ped, which is a net loss of .08 ped. Am I missing something or do players not realize they are actually losing ped by putting up small stacks of items on the auction house?

They just don't know about fees. And reading instructions is for nerds!!

He gets 1 ped minus the listing fee of .54 ped that is still a net GAIN of .46 ped

I'm a little bit confused, on the auction house I will see people place small stacks of items with a tt value +1 ped buy out. Here is an example, a player puts a stack on 100 animal muscle oil on the auction, which has a tt value of 3 ped and the listing has a buyout of 4 ped.

The listing fee is .54 ped, so if we subtract the listing fee from the buyout price we get 3.46. So the player spends .54 ped to get .46 ped, which is a net loss of .08 ped. Am I missing something or do players not realize they are actually losing ped by putting up small stacks of items on the auction house?

you calc wrong, the gain 1 ped and they have costs of 0.54 so after costs they still gain 0.46 ped --> at the end they sell muscle oil for more then 115 % which is great

but ofc they loose money if it dont sell

Standards based education and the new math.
No one must be allowed to fail or feel poorly about themselves.

I have no proof but I suspect that a lot of times when you see that type of activity on the auction alts or society member friends, etc. help bump prices up a bit... just seems like it when you look at enough auctions... I bet if Mindark actively was looking for 'trends' in auction house they would find a lot of market manipulation going on that they need to clean up.

so alt A lists at low price. Alt B bids +1 where the +1 is barely below the auction market history value... So next bid will force the auction market history to go up if anyone bids. No one bids, no biggie, they'll just try again next week... perhaps by having alt B sell to Alt A or alt C next time so it isn't as easy to see what's going on.

you calc wrong, the gain 1 ped and they have costs of 0.54 so after costs they still gain 0.46 ped --> at the end they sell muscle oil for more then 115 % which is great

but ofc they loose money if it dont sell

Ok, thank you for clearing that up for me. For some reason I was overthinking it I guess, lol :dunce:

Back