Something that might help newer players some.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have been playing for some time and I am a hunter almost all of the time and I have hunted in first person all of the time. The last couple of days I have been hunting in third person and notice that I have got fruit and stones 3 day in a row( just one stone and 2 fruit one of them each day). I usually get fruit every 2 or 3 weeks in first person but I have notice that in third person I see these things to one side or the other of me that I might not have noticed them in first person. I know its not much but every little bit helps.

Yes, depending on what I'm hunting and what hunting equipment I use, I can find fruit relatively easily or none for weeks.

Some fruit is hard to miss. :)

Yes, depending on what I'm hunting and what hunting equipment I use, I can find fruit relatively easily or none for weeks.

That is almost identical to one I had but I noticed when I went back to 1st person it was out of my sight and now we do not have the flies to get our attention.

I have been playing for some time and I am a hunter almost all of the time and I have hunted in first person all of the time. The last couple of days I have been hunting in third person and notice that I have got fruit and stones 3 day in a row( just one stone and 2 fruit one of them each day). I usually get fruit every 2 or 3 weeks in first person but I have notice that in third person I see these things to one side or the other of me that I might not have noticed them in first person. I know its not much but every little bit helps.

:eureka: :scratch2:

...and this took you 9 years to notice??

:monkey:

:lolup:

Thx for the tip. I'm not very fond of playing in 3rd person view but since it gives me a bigger chance to see the fruit I am trying to get used to it. :)

Great Discovery...! :monkey::banana::monkey:

Now go to action library -> Search "OTS" -> And press "Switch OTS Camera".

No need to thank me :^)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

great picture mega!

Fruit takes a few moments to appear, while in 1st person view, fruit would likely appear at your feet or behind you, this would be noticed in 3rd person

scenery makes a big difference... on some planets fruit is much easier to see because the weeds aren't in the way or the color of the ground is just such that it is contrast to the color of the fruit...

as for third person view, some are against it but it's about the only way I play. I love pulling the mob's name bars out so you can get an idea of what you are dealing with before you just start going on em... if you've ever had lousy internet connection this is always helpful since you can just aim at the name bar instead of the mob itself... helps you aim the right way in laggy situations even if you are taking a small penalty for it.

Well, to add another tip then for those who this appearantly is all new, walking backwards while shooting increases the chance of finding fruit even more.

Whereas running wont let you find fruit, walking backwards does.
So instead of standing still and shooting, just walk backwards shooting and you will see fruit popping up as you pass by.

Well, to add another tip then for those who this appearantly is all new, walking backwards while shooting increases the chance of finding fruit even more.

Whereas running wont let you find fruit, walking backwards does.
So instead of standing still and shooting, just walk backwards shooting and you will see fruit popping up as you pass by.

I've found fruit while running (mining). I usually just get a glimpse as it spawns, stop and back up to find it again. Also had it pop up while I'm digging a claim. The easiest way of finding fruit and stones is to continually click "select next target" while walking along. If something pops up, the first click will select it and the next one, pick it up. You can't do this if there are mobs in range, or if you have a pet spawned as you'll be selecting them rather that any fruit/stones.

I've found fruit while running (mining). I usually just get a glimpse as it spawns, stop and back up to find it again.

is that really?
Didnt you just stop for a second?
I doubt that you can find it while running. :scratch2:

Can anybody else confirm that you can find fruit while running (without stopping)?

I found 1 time while running but probably was just a bug

is that really?

Can anybody else confirm that you can find fruit while running (without stopping)?

Happens often on Arkadia. I guess it isn't supposed to be that way but it is.

is that really?

depends on how fast you are running... I believe it has a small area of visibility and if you do cross those coords in that range of visibility you can see it, but if you have a speed ring buff or whatever, it's very easy to miss.

hud settings have a bit of an impact too... wider range of vision increases your chances to see things further away a bit, not much, but a bit.

As for the newer players, if you want to do well... well, there's this thing called depositing...

Last edited:
I've found fruit, stones, dung, while walking, running, driving or flying. Your graphics settings and card affect it, but I think the big thing is, fruit draws when you get 5m from it and undraws when you get 7m from it. Also note that I only play in third person (because I've played RTS games the majority of my gaming career).

Backing up while shooting does sound to me like it would help find fruit more often, because you're changing your location more of the time. The difference should be small, but pleasant. But note that after your mob hits you, and possibly before, backing up affects the hit/miss/damage and movement mechanics of your mob in ways that can make the combat experience slightly more frustrating.

is that really?

For sure but for me it was open ground like desert.

I've found fruit, stones, dung, while walking, running, driving or flying. Your graphics settings and card affect it, but I think the big thing is, fruit draws when you get 5m from it and undraws when you get 7m from it. Also note that I only play in third person (because I've played RTS games the majority of my gaming career).

Backing up while shooting does sound to me like it would help find fruit more often, because you're changing your location more of the time. The difference should be small, but pleasant. But note that after your mob hits you, and possibly before, backing up affects the hit/miss/damage and movement mechanics of your mob in ways that can make the combat experience slightly more frustrating.

I am very glad you said driving because before the change at the cape I would drive the sea side road and have 5 or 6 fruits in a single run. High 3rd person view ofc. I did not say anything in my post above about running because of the naysayers I have been getting lately. Thanks for the post.

Great Discovery...! :monkey::banana::monkey:

Now go to action library -> Search "OTS" -> And press "Switch OTS Camera".

No need to thank me :^)

Enjoy!

I tried that but it appears to me that you still have to be in 3rd for it to work so what's the use. Hehe you are right No need to thank you :).

is that really?

Let return the favor to you. Really it took you 12 years to find this our :scratch2:.

Just a little update. Since this post it has been 12 days and I have found fruit every day except for 2 days in a row but found 3 fruit on the 3rd and found 3 yesterday so I am 2 days ahead :laugh: It is fun though:). And yes I found one today also but I am not done playing.

Back