HoG -> Hypocrisy or Greed or Riga Team 2017? :)

Status
So earlier this week I got kicked out of the nice soc of HoGs

{DELETED}

Thanks for sharing. Confirms what many must have known for a long while now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is. If you're judging the moral fiber of others and how they carry themselves in a video game then by all means continue because it's sort of irrelevant.

I've met some HoG/WSS members that are complete dicks and others that are really nice and I consider them to be friends.

This isn't any different from EU generally or members of any other soc. There will always be people I don't like and people I do like.

As for the members of said soc pooling their knowledge and resources to their own advantage I see nothing wrong with that.

The claims against Linzie are unfounded or purely coincidental at best. If there was any collusion between a player and MA that would be fraud and MA would cease to exist. I doubt they're that stupid. Being friends with MA employees means nothing. He's heavily invested in the game and if MA wants to take a player's opinion on certain decisions or ideas then why not him?

Further... the one problem I do see with soc's like HoG is resources hoarding and market manipulation. I contributed to some of it, but simply stockpiling a resource isn't a EULA or ToU violation and MA needs to find a creative solution regarding resource caps to fix this.

Best of luck to you girts.. my advice is to simply play the game and enjoy it.. that's what EU is here for

Last edited:

Last edited:
[...[/QUOTE]

sorry bro

ps. love u man

Last edited:
ok.... how many pink rabbits really exist?

Laughing away.

Chill folks, it's Friday. I'm going to walk out of work now and hit the pub for some beers.

Laters

Rick

Well, you know how they work and what they do, why not start your own soc and compete against them?

Does anyone who plays this game ever consider self reflection?

I was talking to a friend last night about an unrelated topic, the more I talked with him the more frustrated I got with the hypocrisy and double standards demonstrated. (great guy btw, but nothing I said could induce self-reflection)

I'm sure I have the same issues so, no claim to purity here....... however,

1. Nothing Girts posted in the first post is news to anyone with 1/2 a brain, or has been around for more than a year or two.

2. (sorry to 'call' you out) Girts, you knew all this before you joined them. You had no problem being one of them, being associated with them as long as the advantage was yours.

3. I think it is great when people 'come clean' and share the hidden secrets we all whisper about, however...... does that absolve you of participating in the first place?

4. There are a few 'powerful' societies in Entropia, they all have one thing in common. Power over ethics. (this goes for both sides of most every high profile argument on this forum)

The two biggest problem with this game,
1. High end cheating
2. Accusations of high end cheating
Bonus: 1 and 2 don't always overlap :/

How great a game would this be if high end players like Girts took the ethical high road every chance and did not associate with thugs?
How great a game would this be if MA spent less time crucifying the innocent and took care of the actual problems in the game?
How great a game would this be if MA approached the game and its development ethically?

All of those exist, and as a player we have to decide;
Do we get involved?
Do we walk away?
Do we ignore?
Do we accept that this is life and do everything we can to enjoy our time ethically as an example to those around us?

There are thugs in this game.
MA will continue to allow the thugs to exist.
MA will continue to manage and develop unethically.

There is nothing we can do to prevent this.
We can however still play the game, have fun, and play ethically if we choose to.

Sorry to accuse you directly Girts, nothing personal. This is something I see in nearly every player at one level or another.

Perhaps we should all take a step back in self reflection?

for anyone not speaking Latvian, the reason I was kicked according to duncis was that I supposedly revealed financial info of others from soc in my post, which best guess refers to this part:
Also it is ridiculous knowing people are withdrawing tens of thousands of $ just to deposit it back in boxes immediately. Guess it still improves the financial reports on presentations.
These issues are breaking the game.
Which is a bunch of nonsense since I had heard people are withdrawing tens of k$ and depositing them back in before I joined the hogs. Also not even that, there was no reference to hogs whatsoever. So my assumption the real kick reason was either for openly posting eggs dropping in waves (which doesn't need a genius to figure out as every special loot has become part of a wave) or a formal reason was needed but Smilgs was out already :) Will chose to believe the later, though it does not matter. It was the way how it was done that pissed me off and which reveals quite a lot on some of the hogs.

{DELETED}

Last edited by a moderator:
My post was also on the way Smilgs got kicked out which was something very new. Did not know some people from the soc at all - might not be news how they are to a lot of others but to me it was. Also had no idea about the coffee shop and proximity of MA office before joining the soc. It popped up on forum where I read it like a lot of others. It should be no news that I am quite an anti-social character.
Also considering these:
* not buying cld's as consider it is a loan with crazy interest rate
* not strafing away from slow running mobs when possible as consider it exploit
* not using the L UL armor as consider it a mistake that should have been removed
* not riding the waves as consider it an exploit
* stopping to buy the boxes as soon as they switch to wave drops and I consider it an exploit
* not reselling as consider it morally wrong
* not willing to do other things if considering them morally wrong
call out accepted
2. (sorry to 'call' you out) Girts, you knew all this before you joined them. You had no problem being one of them, being associated with them as long as the advantage was yours.

Every top level soc in every game I have played has always had some thugs in them.
That's not really a problem, it only gets problematic if the thugs will take over and set the overall tone in the group.
If it goes the other way, the reasonable people have the power, then those few thugs are like spice in your taco - they make life interesting. :)

There's been times in EU history where high level societies got pretty "thuggy" indeed. Could be a RCE thing? Money talks...

ups. i'm drunken. i will post this again when i'm cleared.

* not using the L UL armor as consider it a mistake that should have been removed

sorry for offtopic....

I dont play as much as I used to and usually not on Calypso so I havent heard about this.
What is L UL armor?

sorry for offtopic....

I dont play as much as I used to and usually not on Calypso so I havent heard about this.
What is L UL armor?

Its the Earth Shock Armour....its a limited armor but used properly it doesn't decay and gives +60% crit damage

Every time reality gets closer to Girts, he is shocked so hard that he bursts into a tantrum, demanding everything around him to change in order for him to function. Quite usual to a 2 years old. :yup:

Everyone knows how bad the wave system is set up at the moment. If only the rare drops would have a much lower chance of dropping, instead of having 20 ELMs drop in 2 minutes, have them drop over 2 hours, even if the next hour 20 more are added. No more idle players in their sleipnirs for 45-50 minutes next to a bunch of predamaged eomons or some other mobs. Can we please have this?

As for hypocrisy, I personally think Girts is full of it!
He had a rough start, as we all had, then he made a smart investment and things went well. Some would say amazing. He worked on a more accurate eco formula, which he told everyone he got, and that the one on Wiki was wrong, but gave no one - yeah I can agree, his work... but to put on the shiny knight armor and come here and demand items to be removed from the game because mainly things haven't been as in the past - ?

What he asks?
* EST to be removed from NPC because he can't use, because osse lazy style of shooters ✔️
* Delete easter 2016 ebcause too expensive for him to have. ⏳ - even if he sold his crit rate buff for an exorbitant amount of ped... wasn't it RESELLING dude? You sold for 3 or 4 times the amount you initially bought for.. oh, you have an excuse, the market & blabla...
* Delete EST entirely from the game because, well, people still use it ⏳
* Delete boxes because he was too late to even think of such a heresy, even if those are good for both players and the game ⏳

What's next Smilgs? How should the game accommodate you better?

Full xploiters here...

Clueless and completely offtopic. Nice combo. Or you are trying to sidetrack this for your friends?
Guess you succeeded.
On eco calc
* published my excel with the calculations comparing buffs on forum
* also https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-open-source-Hunt-Stats-Tracker-mod-by-Smilgs is out there for everyone to use and its open source so no secrets there

All of your "because of" are wrong, was already stated in this thread and others.
The L UL armor was a mis-balance before introducing the other buffs and MA admitted it by removing it from the terminal when found out it is used as UL. Yes it should be removed / decayed for the same reason. Unpopular opinion? Sure, yet I stand by it.

I never asked to delete the Easter ring - instead to release alternatives. But most agree that MA screwed up for the left vs. right hand in easter 2016. Which is I guess why they could not understand how this years easter ring did not get the expected sales of boxes. Different hand, guys. Makes all the difference.

Nice reselling, item which is critical on eco for the amount Smilgs hunts for. The only reason I sold it was because needed IRL money quickly and thats it. I have not done reselling and hopefully never will. What a lame attempt.

And yea boxes are excellent for a RCE since they basically de-valuate the in-game money as not-so-real, worse than the actual real money as they cannot buy boxes. RCE ftw!

Quite usual to a 2 years old.
He worked on a more accurate eco formula, which he told everyone he got, and that the one on Wiki was wrong, but gave no one - yeah I can agree, his work...
* EST to be removed from NPC because he can't use, because osse lazy style of shooters
* Delete easter 2016 ebcause too expensive for him to have. - even if he sold his crit rate buff for an exorbitant amount of ped... wasn't it RESELLING dude? You sold for 3 or 4 times the amount you initially bought for.. oh, you have an excuse, the market & blabla...
* Delete EST entirely from the game because, well, people still use it
* Delete boxes because he was too late to even think of such a heresy, even if those are good for both players and the game

there was a time when MA changed proteron speed because of this, guess they felt it is an explit as well. there was some weird sidemovement that allowed to move away from mob with (almost) full speed.
almost got killed on forum for reporting it as exploit :) good times

there was a time when MA changed proteron speed because of this, guess they felt it is an explit as well. there was some weird sidemovement that allowed to move away from mob with (almost) full speed.
almost got killed on forum for reporting it as exploit :) good times

Actually you've convinced me, also I think you should stop using Auto-Use Tool since its very similar to a BOT, it plays for you and destroys the feeling of shooting a real gun, now be a man and click da mouse! ..

I have nothing to say about the soc / ppl but imo some aspects of your opinion about morality are a bit excessive :/

Last edited:
My post was also on the way Smilgs got kicked out which was something very new. Did not know some people from the soc at all - might not be news how they are to a lot of others but to me it was. Also had no idea about the coffee shop and proximity of MA office before joining the soc. It popped up on forum where I read it like a lot of others. It should be no news that I am quite an anti-social character.
Also considering these:
* not buying cld's as consider it is a loan with crazy interest rate
* not riding the waves as consider it an exploit
* stopping to buy the boxes as soon as they switch to wave drops and I consider it an exploit
* not reselling as consider it morally wrong
* not willing to do other things if considering them morally wrong
call out accepted

You funny! Why you bought Crit scope and crit damage sight and had huge eco advantage against all others for few years, making lot of profit? That was fair, but buying CLD is unfair... Who did you bought Mod SGA fap and skilled Smilg and "wife" avatars to sky high paramedic while rest of people could not do anything like that? Why you consider huger HP as normal thing, but running from mob to be able to kill it is unfair?
"not willing to do other things if considering them morally wrong" - so if you moral say its wrong to buy CLD - dont buy. If yours moral say its unfair to use EST - dont use. If yours moral say its worth to buy 10 pec of shit unusefull skill for 150 ped - buy it. If yours moral say its ok to hire 2 shooters so you dont need to play by yourself - do it. But please stop crying about every!

Every time reality gets closer to Girts, he is shocked so hard that he bursts into a tantrum, demanding everything around him to change in order for him to function. Quite usual to a 2 years old. :yup:

Everyone knows how bad the wave system is set up at the moment. If only the rare drops would have a much lower chance of dropping, instead of having 20 ELMs drop in 2 minutes, have them drop over 2 hours, even if the next hour 20 more are added. No more idle players in their sleipnirs for 45-50 minutes next to a bunch of predamaged eomons or some other mobs. Can we please have this?

As for hypocrisy, I personally think Girts is full of it!
He had a rough start, as we all had, then he made a smart investment and things went well. Some would say amazing. He worked on a more accurate eco formula, which he told everyone he got, and that the one on Wiki was wrong, but gave no one - yeah I can agree, his work... but to put on the shiny knight armor and come here and demand items to be removed from the game because mainly things haven't been as in the past - ?

What he asks?
* EST to be removed from NPC because he can't use, because osse lazy style of shooters ✔️
* Delete easter 2016 ebcause too expensive for him to have. ⏳ - even if he sold his crit rate buff for an exorbitant amount of ped... wasn't it RESELLING dude? You sold for 3 or 4 times the amount you initially bought for.. oh, you have an excuse, the market & blabla...
* Delete EST entirely from the game because, well, people still use it ⏳
* Delete boxes because he was too late to even think of such a heresy, even if those are good for both players and the game ⏳

What's next Smilgs? How should the game accommodate you better?

What about making small EU for him only? Smilg and one Osseocollum. No CLD, EST, WSS, HoG. Nothing unfair just he and his mob!

the alt with suspiciously jod-uanian grammar is back :)

Well, you telling I am alt of someone. Not just someone, but each time you guessing - each time its one of top playing. Honor for me.
Other question is if yours wife even know her log in and password of medic avatar. I would say uber turbo medic. Especially when runing on full auto bot mode. Very nice bot I would say... Tell us what he can do except reading smilgs hp, spawning vtol if one die. It can jump back too, right? :eyecrazy:

P.S. I am very sorry for all mistakes i make. If you can tell when i make grammar mistakes, ill try to improve.

P.S.2 jod-uanian sounds like racism :(

Reactions: GGG
:twocents:You just got to smell the turd from the inside for a bit, but the pile has been stinking from the outside for a while.

Last edited:
Status
Back