Elite
Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
Dear MA

We love the game, we love playing, we love trying to make money

But you are loosing TONS of money because:

You pay developers who:
– design useless infrastructure such as the new oil rig, Port Atlantis,…
In fact, the old rig was fun to play at, plain and simple. The new one must have been so much work to make, and what for?
And Port Atlantis is just a pain in the ass if you need to be there. You kind’a need a gps to find your way. KEEP IT SHORT and SIMPLE please.
There are many more examples like the above.
– design useless new stuff that does not add value to the game, such as, compet, battle simulator,...
– ...

I do understand that from time to time you hire new developers, and that they want to prove their worth within your company, but they appear to not be assets, but burdens to the player community.

However, we would really appreciate:
– a modern auction, with up to date functions;
– a modern 3D radar, that is actually usable in space;
– shops that are actually usable, and not bugged in such a way that no-one wants to visit them;
– PVP area that is usable, without people being able to be invisible, under ground;
– Shop items that are for sale, should be visible in auction;
Also, as in hunting/mining, pvp needs to be a CHOICE, this should apply to space as well;
– A modern society terminal, please check the according threads on PCF;
– In-game Statistics, for instance when you equip a weapon, you have a configurable HUD with the stats of your weapon + your buffs, including dps, eco, … this all skill-related. This we we could stop GUESSING with Entropedia math;
– a change in the mob miss/evade messages. Why do we ‘miss’ a mob when standing 1 meter from it? How can a big ass proteron ‘evade’ a shot when it is 5x as wide as me? These should be skill-related as well. If there is another reason for the 10% miss shots, then remove them and lower the avg dps a bit
- …

How about a small affiliate program, that for instance, gives 10 boxes if you bring a new player, who actually makes it through graduation?

You allow items to be shared

The top items are being shared for events. This equals lower item market values, less competition, and less money in game.

This can be solved easily:
- Before you can use UL items that you bought to equip, you need to ‘lock’ them. (as with appartments) After they have been locked, they are locked for 20 days or so. This way they can be sold, they can be traded, but, they can’t be used by multiple players for the same event.

You allow avatars to be shared
This equals less money in game. People sharing avatar buildup costs.
This can easily be solved by checking login locations (IP) etc. If they change systematically back and forth every day, there is something fishy going on.
An occasional change however is normal, people go on holidays, visit friends etc.
Long log-in times from the same location are normal as well.

You allow game/loot-dynamics to be predictable
Plenty of threads about loot-waves, predictions, abuse, unfair advantages,...

You allow friends with benefits
Imo it is ok, if people you are friends with, can have some fun getting a tower, or shooting down the gold spaceship. As long as it is sub-1k ped, it is harmless and won’t have much effect on the playing community.
However larger benefits should be considered with though, instead of with friends.

– People who have too much inside info can play on an account, however can never trade for their own benefit, or friends’ benefits, or withdraw.

As it is now, people have the impression, that profits in game can be made mainly by:
1 – being friends with someone who works at MA HQ
2 – scamming people in trades
3 – cheating by using extra software on top of EU
4 – reselling

This can be fixed by setting clear rules.
- about people and MA involvement
- about fixing the lootwave problem
- about making gaming statistics transparent
- about the influence of eco on results
- about the regular guy or girl vs the multiple people avatar
- about multi-avatar items

I understand that fixing important little things isn’t as impressive in the next board of directors or shareholders’ meeting, however better figures would be, as a result of the above.

YOU can make EU great again :p
Please do so, we’ll love you for it.

some people love Compet, i'm not one of them, but i know its getting some play. if crossplay is added in the future it could be a good move.

i'd not add shops to the auction, but i would add a terminal outside each mall or shop. People pay for location, this would make them all equal and probably cause some upset

I'd say no to Avatar sharing too, creates unfair advantages in events. Item sharing is an issue, but a 20-30day lock might a pain when you lend a friend a Xent x2 or something tiny.

regardin the radar, i'd like to see the selected mob become highlighted on the radar, its a pain when you hit select next target and its not in field of view

Item sharing is an issue, but a 20-30day lock might a pain when you lend a friend a Xent x2 or something tiny.

How about we use current banking system. You go invest in bank, let's say deposit you Terminator, get a loan paper on it. Bank should always have fixed assets, required by MA, maybe bound to MA, that they can refund cost of Terminator for example.

Now item is in bank and you can go and lend it. Say Terminator has ~500K PED value, that is what you need to deposit to bank to get the gun. You have interest on item, say 100PED/day you will pay upfront how long you would like to lend it for. Item becomes account bound and you can't do shit with it, but trade back to bank or...you could pew pew like crazy.

It would create so much opportunities for us. Going afk for a month? Go deposit your gear in bank, maybe someone is interested it lending it. Set your price, timeframe etc, get bunch of paperwork in return.

It's currently done from player to player. Having such a system in place could do much more.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
I'd be okay if they just restored hunting and mining resource demand to pre-ep4 levels

I'd be okay if they just restored hunting and mining resource demand to pre-ep4 levels

Same here, it's great EP4 exists for the junkies to get their fix.

But there needs to be other BPs with significance to the game.

The crafting BPs on Calypso need a massive over due haul now.

How about we use current banking system. You go invest in bank, let's say deposit you Terminator, get a loan paper on it. Bank should always have fixed assets, required by MA, maybe bound to MA, that they can refund cost of Terminator for example.

Now item is in bank and you can go and lend it. Say Terminator has ~500K PED value, that is what you need to deposit to bank to get the gun. You have interest on item, say 100PED/day you will pay upfront how long you would like to lend it for. Item becomes account bound and you can't do shit with it, but trade back to bank or...you could pew pew like crazy.

It would create so much opportunities for us. Going afk for a month? Go deposit your gear in bank, maybe someone is interested it lending it. Set your price, timeframe etc, get bunch of paperwork in return.

It's currently done from player to player. Having such a system in place could do much more.

They not going to make loaning out stuff easier.

If it becomes easier / official, suddenly all the good stuff will never be sold / sold for (even more) absurd values.

Everyone will hoard whatever they have so that they can collect rental on the gear. Eventually all the good stuff will be in the hands of a handful of people (compared to slightly more people having most of the good stuff now).

Good gear will become another version of CLD / AUD.

i got a good idea.

we should just make a gofundme page to gather money to just hire a really good group of hackers, that just hack MA, steal the code, optimize the game like MA should have done it looong ago and then reimplement it onto their servers. give them an ultimatum: either accept the change, or the hacker lay open the real source code.

i got a good idea.

we should just make a gofundme page to gather money to just hire a really good group of hackers, that just hack MA, steal the code, optimize the game like MA should have done it looong ago and then reimplement it onto their servers. give them an ultimatum: either accept the change, or the hacker lay open the real source code.

an then they make a few tweaks, charge the hackers and all gofunders with digital theft and sue them for lost earnings and MA is loaded again

an then they make a few tweaks, charge the hackers and all gofunders with digital theft and sue them for lost earnings and MA is loaded again

u can't charge russians u silly :laugh:

Not offering a road map to investors.

Back in the day we used to have nice road maps and plenty of communication with MA which boosted investor confidence. Now a days MA seems to pursue their own agenda and for me they lack clear vision and goals.

MA needs to be clear the direction of EU in the next year, three years, 5, 10 etc.

For example I thought MA were pursuing pets and space and then suddenly they introduce battle sim out of nowhere for no apparent reason.

I assume MA must have decided "helping" / giving advantages to a few players and not responding to the negative news must be more profitable compared to the players who are publicly stating that as a reason to sell out / privately doing the same due to same reason.

Well, we always learn something new about running a business .... be it a good way to run a business or a bad way to run a business .....

:rolleyes:

i got a good idea.

ha or just do it without telling - they wouldn't even notice
but if we are willing to go so far - why not just start a kickstarter to reprogram this game from scratch and then just buy the database from MA for a few million. i think we are exhausting the ideas pool to save EU. It's over LOL...

ha or just do it without telling - they wouldn't even notice
but if we are willing to go so far - why not just start a kickstarter to reprogram this game from scratch and then just buy the database from MA for a few million. i think we are exhausting the ideas pool to save EU. It's over LOL...

OR just gather a bunch of money and offer MA a couple million to buy the game from them and get someone that knows what they're doing to develop it.

Not offering a road map to investors.

Back in the day we used to have nice road maps and plenty of communication with MA which boosted investor confidence. Now a days MA seems to pursue their own agenda and for me they lack clear vision and goals.

MA needs to be clear the direction of EU in the next year, three years, 5, 10 etc.

For example I thought MA were pursuing pets and space and then suddenly they introduce battle sim out of nowhere for no apparent reason.

I can't fault this comment.

There is a new Oil Rig at Port Atlantis?

Excellent \o/

I can't fault this comment.

Sorry I don't buy it. Lack of / poor / inacurate / false communication has been an issue for 12 years that I've around :rolleyes:

Wow, seams the salary of CEOs and devs at MA are astronomic high. Thats $ 7.5 M per year / = 625 000 per month.
Where is the content, that cost so much?

Just wondering where do you get 7.5m?

Just wondering where do you get 7.5m?

60 million since 1999 = 8 years to now. 60 000 000 / 8 =7 500 000 / 12 = 625 000

60 million since 1999 = 8 years to now. 60 000 000 / 8 =7 500 000 / 12 = 625 000

Sweet! I knew my calendar is lying to me about the year! ;)

Sweet! I knew my calendar is lying to me about the year! ;)

Lol ok, seems i be a bit tired.. is ofc 18 years, so all ok.. except i be tired LOL sry!

so it looks more like 60 000 000 / 18 = 3 333 333 / 12 = 277 777 month

sry for wrong calculating the years :)

Just wondering, is this only developing or everything they invested, payd for all the cost, like server cost, energy, and so on.

Last edited:

Also, even if you devided by 18, it would still not be correct as such costs as servers, engine licenses, software licenses and even real estate is there before salaries. Speaking about salaries i doubt that is investment unless emplyees are being sent to schools, conferences and so on for company money to improve their skills. So salaries should not be included in investment.

Just what i think, could be totally wrong.

Wow, seams the salary of CEOs and devs at MA are astronomic high. Thats $ 7.5 M per year / = 625 000 per month.
Where is the content, that cost so much?

Divided by how many people? How much overhead (employer's share on salary taxes etc)? And salaries aren't the only cost. With all justified criticism, you guys are going off the rails now, ridden by the green-eyed monster. This isn't the company to get rich in. I've seen a few.

Back