Maria's Apartment Rental Program

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
We all know that 'all trades are final' yadda, yadda yadda...
and we all know that tons of folks are doing crazy 'rental services.'...

so uhm... everything listed here is 'at your own risk'...
(i.e. trust based (with collateral)...)

I've recently purchased Apartments on most of the planets. Over time I'll probably add more estates to the program.

I like re-arranging and displaying things in apartments and maintaining shopkeepers in them. However, since my avatar can only be on one planet at a time, (and it's a bit of a hassle travelling between the planets since space is 'dead') I've decided to 'rent' out the apartments that I'm not on in exchange for Calypso Land Deeds (CLD) collateral during the rental period.

Starting out the collateral is going to usually be 3 CLD per estate except for on Rocktropia or Arkadia, which will be 4 CLD per estate since the Rock Apartments a slightly higher number of item points than anywhere else and are next to one another, and the Arkadia Apartment was 'upgraded' to have more item points inside of it (so the 4 cld cost is actually closer to what I actually paid for the place if you are assessing the CLD at a bit over 1K each - low eval on cld, I know, but this is for collateral evaluations only).... That is a pretty high valuation on some apartments (and arguably somewhat low on others), especially with the crazy high markup on CLD lately... However, keep in mind that this is just collateral. You WILL get your CLDs back after the rental period, and the CLD roi is the ONLY income I'll be making from this deal. Since ROI is the only thing I'm really interested in I'm ok taking CLD(x) as well as CLD with this program as the collateral.

The minimum monthly rental time is going to be at least long enough for one CLD Roi payout in the Ped Flow Center (i.e. minimum one week). The only 'fee' for the service is the roi on the CLD that I collect while I'm holding the CLD (or CLD(x)) until we exchange your CLDs back for my apartment deed.

I'm working on pulling the items that are currently in the estates out except for Arkadia since that'll be my home base for a while as I complete some of the missions there that I've been meaning to do a few years... Within the next week or so all of the estates other than the Arkadia one will have all items currently in them removed and estate terminals set to restricted so that they are tradeable...

Why am I even thinking about doing this since 'all trades are final'? Quite simply - I love owning the apartments but can only be on one planet at a time... It just makes sense. Honestly, to tell the truth, it's also because my total net deposits in game are mostly now invested in these assets... Over time that will change since I do plan on depositing regularly so as years progress my net value will be tied in to other things, but as things stand now, here, at the beginning of this thread in 2017 that's where things are... Also, I think holding deeds gets people motivated to 'play the game' in different ways than if they don't, so it's a good incentive to get those that do rent from me to start thinking about the game in different ways than if they just continue to grind forever or sit around doing nothing but trying to survive off of itty bitty weekly roi the Calypso Land Deeds are currently giving them.
----------------------------------------------
Maria's estates in game are currently:

NOT FOR RENT!
Rocktropia: Tangerine - The U : 1st Floor Suite G
Current Deed Holder: Maria (me - i.e. not rented at this time)
(1st floor is one floor above the lobby. Take the Televator up to 1.)

---------​

NOT FOR RENT!
Rocktropia: Tangerine - The U : 1st Floor Suite H:
(1st floor is one floor above the lobby. Take the Televator up to 1.)

A few Advantages Regarding the U:
- close proximity to Rocktropia's main shopping district
- Steam Punks (the mobs that you have to kill to get the robot pets to spawn) are literally right outside the building
- Terminals on the same floor as the apartments
- Revive Terminal right outside the building
- You can spawn vehicles in the grass right outside of the area
- The grassy area right outside of the apartment is a location you can drop probes (half of the times I've tried the claim actually ends up inside of the turret's range)
- If you want to run for a political minister position in the Rocktropia Government you need to hold the deed to an estate on RT.
- Teleporter is right outside of the building

---------​

NOT FOR RENT (yet):
(not for rent since shopkeeper will be here when on Calypso)
Calypso: Sakura City - Chikara Yuujou Condos 17H
The Yuujou building is right in front of the TP. Go inside and take the Televator up to Floor 17.

A few advantages regarding Chikara Yuujou Condos:
- This is an estate on Calypso, the main population hub for Entropia Universe at this point in time.
- Close proximity to TP
- This TP is pretty far away from the most populated N00b zones, so most folks you see at the service center or in the area are usually mid-level or higher level avatars (i.e. less n00b Noize).

---------​

NOT FOR RENT (yet):
(not for rent since shopkeeper will be here when on Arkadia)
Arkadia: Celeste South: Building 8, Floor 5
From the Celeste Harbour South TP go to the first building you see (Enhancer Street is downstairs) and take the televator on up to level 5.
------------------------------------

Last edited:
Rules...

We have to do the trade and tradebacks near the Estate Terminal where the estate is located so that whichever of us holds the apartment deed can utilize the estate terminal.

You must 'claim' the estate you are renting during the rental period.

You must remove ALL items from the estate at the end of the rental period before you get your CLDs back.

You must set the estate terminal to Restricted:Yes before the tradeback is done.

The length of the rental can vary depending on our deal. Basically you get to hold the apartment deed and I get to hold your CLD as long as you want until such time that I need the apartment back or you want your CLD back. This could be one week, or many months, potentially years...

I DON'T plan to sell your CLD or leave this game any time soon... Please don't try to sell the apartment deed while it's in your possession. The collateral level is fairly high, and I don't want to end up keeping your CLD forever if you do something silly...

More rules may be added later.

ALL APARTMENTS ARE NO LONGER 'FOR RENT' AT THIS TIME.
Recently freed up some ped by selling off one of the estates, so no need to rent em out any longer.

May Lootius be with you and Loot I Cus stay far away from ye. Good Luck in your endeavors!

Back