Toulan is not working

L7Productions

Dominant
Society
Skillin' Villains
Lews Therin The Dragon Telamon
Entropia Life does not seem to recognize Toulan. I am on it, running EL, and it says my location is "unknown". Also, it says that there are zero users running it when checking Toulan planet on website.

We don't have permission to record things coming from Toulan. This is all the information I have about the subject.

We don't have permission to record things coming from Toulan. This is all the information I have about the subject.

ahh, i always wondered what was up with it. i see HoFs still log

I thought Toulan stopped working years back? Development stalled and they are now in the same graveyard as Next Island and Cyrene.

I thought Toulan stopped working years back? Development stalled and they are now in the same graveyard as Next Island and Cyrene.

Neither cyrene or toulan are in graveyards.

Neither cyrene or toulan are in graveyards.

True, they are in the ICU awaiting life support to be switched off, then to the morgue awaiting burial, sorry getting ahead of myself.

True, they are in the ICU awaiting life support to be switched off, then to the morgue awaiting burial, sorry getting ahead of myself.

Toulan is struggling only because they are in alpha state, but cyrene is doing okay.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Ever?

Fishy, very fishy!
Can you tell who gave you that order?

Years back? Like less than 2 years back when you completed a stage or two of the Wahesh mission on Toulan?

Well I can't ofc make you post only when you're sober, and actually have any facts supporting your strange ideas. So whatever, it sure has some entertainment value, I guess...

Fishy, very fishy!
Can you tell who gave you that order?

Nothing "fishy" about it, there is no "order" it is just information that I got. Incase you want you can contact Mike Freyr Perry.

Nothing "fishy" about it, there is no "order" it is just information that I got.
You have been told you have to exclude one PP from the EL without any clarification and you consider it "nothing fishy"?

This whole thing just got a whole lot more fishy.

OK, no hurry. I'll give Freyr a fair chance to explain what's happening.
Not in PM, it has to be a public announcement, ofc.

Many thanx in advance!

You have been told you have to exclude one PP from the EL without any clarification and you consider it "nothing fishy"?

This whole thing just got a whole lot more fishy.

OK, no hurry. I'll give Freyr a fair chance to explain what's happening.
Not in PM, it has to be a public announcement, ofc.

Many thanx in advance!

Go right ahead, I would recommend leaving the "conspiracy theory" glasses off and perhaps read actually what has been written. Also in your conversation with Mike Freyr

Go right ahead, I would recommend leaving the "conspiracy theory" glasses off and perhaps read actually what has been written. Also in your conversation with Mike Freyr
Our whole conversation is out in the open. I have no doubt people are smart enough to make up their own mind.

I have no plans to have private conversations about any of this. To have it all out in the open is the whole point.
If there's a good reason, we all want to hear it.

Quite a simple explanation for why there is no data logged from Toulan.
Not enough people are running the tracker client while they are on Toulan.

No need for tinfoil hats or public discussions, since there is nothing to discuss.
If you want more data, help and run a the client. Especially on less populated planets!

Seems I was the one who had the wrong information. I thought we did have the information but weren't allowed to publish it. Seems we don't have enough of it. Little bit of miscommunication, apologies for the confusion.

Quite a simple explanation for why there is no data logged from Toulan.
Not enough people are running the tracker client while they are on Toulan.

No need for tinfoil hats or public discussions, since there is nothing to discuss.
If you want more data, help and run a the client. Especially on less populated planets!
No need to take offense, we have a question and a pretty good reason to ask it.

So there's nothing out of ordinary, info from Toulan is accepted just like from every other PP?

Entropia Life does not seem to recognize Toulan. I am on it, running EL, and it says my location is "unknown". Also, it says that there are zero users running it when checking Toulan planet on website.
Nobody bothered to explain that one. Is it because nobody knows the answer or 'cuz nobody cares?

How about that one:
We don't have permission to record things coming from Toulan.
It's obvious those two stories don't add up. But why clarify. Best defense is offense.

Well, it's pretty obvious one of you fucked up there. Or maybe both. I don't really care.
Suppose Freyr is right, Wauspaus is wrong and this strange glitch is just that, a glitch. In absence of a better explanation, lets go with that.

You guys really need to work on your social skills... :)

Edit: OK, Wauspaus confirmed my theory. Thanx! Am I good or what? :p

Last edited:
Last time I was on RT my client showed "unknown" for what planet i was on.. and if i restarted it would show I was on Arkadia instead of RT. At the time RT showed it had 3 people running tracker so I would have been forth. Since the op stated it showed him on "unknown" as well might be something that needs to be looked into.

SpikE

Wow, didn't realize I was going to kick over a can of worms on this one. This post was merely intended as a bug report for the team on EL, not a commentary on the viability or sustainability of various planet partners... :tongue2:

Last time I was on RT my client showed "unknown" for what planet i was on.. and if i restarted it would show I was on Arkadia instead of RT. At the time RT showed it had 3 people running tracker so I would have been forth. Since the op stated it showed him on "unknown" as well might be something that needs to be looked into.

SpikE

This was the main issue - Toulan is listed as a planet on EL.com, I'm aware of the 5 person minimum requirement, I assumed since I was running it on Toulan, a "1" should have appeared on EL.com. Also, "unknown" was listed as my planet on the app running on my desktop.

If it's a known issue, cool. Glad to help report another occurence.

If it's not a known issue, glad I could help report it.

If it's not an issue, sorry to distract the team at EL.com.

A few comments - :wise: I am most certainly NOT entitled to any explanation or justification. I am a user of a free software product who greatly appreciates the work put into it by the team at EL. I am appreciative of any information you wish to share. The end. :wise:

Thanks! - The Dragon

I am most certainly NOT entitled to any explanation or justification.
Sure, I agree and neither am I.
It's a free software and we should all be thankful for the people who keep it up and running.
If something fishy is happening with a free software, what to do?
Saying out loud there's something fishy going on isn't prolly the best thing to do. Then they might call you tinfoil hat and things could get little out of hand.

Lessons learned, better luck next time. :girl:

If people think that Cyrene and Toulan are graveyards and prefer to choke on tt food loot on Caly, let em :)

What is a Toulan? :confused:

Toulan is struggling only because they are in alpha state, but cyrene is doing okay.

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Ever?

Simple fix is to turn on free interplanetary teleporters. Problem solved :D

Interesting. I was unsure as to where you stood on this issue. Thanks for clarifying ;) :tongue2::laugh:

Actually Entropia Life uses data from Entropia Tracker applications, you will need 3-5 people on the planet running Entropia Tracker on their machines for Entropia Life to confirm a message is valid an worth tracking on Entropia Life. Last I actually heard you need 3 valid Entropia Tracker reports but they could have upped it who knows. It doesn't matter what planet your on as the data comes form your chat.log file and the data is posted to Entropia Life with your consent in Entropia Tracker.

So just because your on a planet running Entropia Tracker does not mean your data will even log as it requires multiple others to validate your data. This is to ensure accuracy in the data and not someone just messing with the data to muck up the tracking info on the website.

Toulan is a low population planet and I am sure most there don't even know what Entropia Life is or how to get Entropia Tracker running and supporting the Entropia Life website. I actually have data tracked from Toulan but I go there with many society mates and we all mostly run Entropia Tracker.

Just my 2 cents....

Edit:
Went back into Entropia Life and wow they did delete our soc hunt global data. That is messed up one would think they would love to advertise their planet and get more activity over there showing off the globals and hofs that can be gotten. Oh well who knows how some people think, apparently some have bad business sense....

Last edited:
K-max is exactly on point about how the tracker and the display of recorded data works.

About the unkown planet problem, this currently happens on low population planets (Toulan, Cyrene) or planets that spawn the exact same mobs (RockTropia and Next Island)

Low population - Not enough globals are tracked for the client to figure out your avatars location.
Same Mobs - Client needs more unique mob globals to know where your avatar is currently located.

Without unique globals the default is unknown, HoF's don't help in pinpointing location since they are seen on all planets.

I also would like to know what K-max means by deleted, since we never delete anything that is recorded and verified. We only add, You do need to provide a global screenshot though, which you should have if you are running the client ;)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

Free interplanetary TPs ftw! :wtg:

Back