Info: Mindark Annual Report 2016

cliff notes?

They are happy, got 8 million peds from terminated accounts, booked as income

Turnover and profit are up but also MAs running costs, atleast they hired more staff thats always a decent sign.
Deposits up 5.4% and ammount on our collective ped cards is down from 122 million too 110

Total profit 11 million sek, lets hope they put that into good use this year now when infrastructure is in place.

Last edited:
If only they would implement a simple affiliate system... income would skyrocket :D
Also the premium accounts they mentioned... years ago, with the more auc slots n stuffs
Anyhow nice to see green numbers

looks like Compet is costing a small fortune, good to hear about EU intigration with Compet as it needs it.

and Next Island Mobile? hmm

Very nice results, wish they would give up on the compets already though, reminds me of that castle in germany :dunce:

Thank you for posting,

good to see things going well and it is nice to have some idea what MA are working on.

Nice exercise to read it in Swedish. So far so good...

if i see my investissement in 15years and my account value :scratch2::scratch2::dunce:
i contribute :smoke:

Compet on the frontpage makes me scared for EU. Apart from that...still waiting for compet payments...

Compet on the frontpage makes me scared for EU. Apart from that...still waiting for compet payments...

isnt it like a year now since the first payout should have come and half a year after the delay notice where it really should have happened? that whole thing is a failure from start to finish and i said it all the time from start that it will fail. looks like i was right.

They are supposed to pay? I thought they were just decorations in my inventory. :broke:

I thought they did not had the peds as an liability, but if they got a revenue from terminated/old accounts they must have. I guess maybe it's the peds on the ped card that they have as an liability, but not the peds in unconsumed items.

isnt it like a year now since the first payout should have come and half a year after the delay notice where it really should have happened? that whole thing is a failure from start to finish and i said it all the time from start that it will fail. looks like i was right.

Maybe you get compet ped in compet.. and not in Eu...?

Have you actually tried Compet? It's pretty good fun and easily comparable to other mobile games which have had much more advertising. I've seen games like Hayday and Clash of Clans advertised heavily on TV for years.

Anyway I like it, and although it might start off as a 'Cat vs Dog battle game', later pets become more impressive and battles require different tactics to be successful. :)

Maybe you get compet ped in compet.. and not in Eu...?

#1: The deeds are sold in EU and are/were supposed to pay out in EU
#2: No, you don't get anything in compet from owning deeds in EU.

Have you actually tried Compet? It's pretty good fun and easily comparable to other mobile games which have had much more advertising. I've seen games like Hayday and Clash of Clans advertised heavily on TV for years.

Anyway I like it, and although it might start off as a 'Cat vs Dog battle game', later pets become more impressive and battles require different tactics to be successful. :)

yes. i did try it. and it is quite bad in comparison to most other mobile games. and ive played tons of those.
the progession is far too slow as this should be an endgame battle arena game, because thats where they would earn money. if people wanne risk real money there they should be on the same level as everyone else. thus reaching max level should be top priority to ensure fairness across the board. this is not given and thats the reason why it fails so heavily. many pointed that out during development and nothing happened.

They are happy, got 8 million peds from terminated accounts, booked as income

Could u plz tell me the place in report where they tell that they got 0.8 mln dollars from terminated accounts? I found that they received 9 million SEK (1 mln dollars) from inactive accounts, but inactive does not mean terminated i guess?

Yea its 9 million SEK, first post was bit quick.
But paragraf just after says clearly in swedish that their player liability been converted and booked into income.

Out of curiosity anyone know what happens to the skills on a terminated account?

also are the items on a terminated account TT'ed or auctioned?

Out of curiosity anyone know what happens to the skills on a terminated account?

also are the items on a terminated account TT'ed or auctioned?

Everything reverts back to Mindark (was in EULA somewhere - iirc was somewhere in the area about unclaimed account in event of death). Did find changes that I wasn't aware of previously - T&C changes in EULA at https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2016/11/02/1645/?ccode=efpl regarding inactivity period now has been reduced to 90 days and 275 days respectively.

Have been noticing more and more estates and land areas in Callendars name on Calypso; so my guess is nothing goes back into loot pool; probably holding until MA can sell it on Global when markets improve.

Did anyone actually see the changes to activity requirements as i'm pretty sure that change was made without formal notification?

Everything reverts back to Mindark (was in EULA somewhere - iirc was somewhere in the area about unclaimed account in event of death). Did find changes that I wasn't aware of previously - T&C changes in EULA at https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2016/11/02/1645/?ccode=efpl regarding inactivity period now has been reduced to 90 days and 275 days respectively.

Have been noticing more and more estates and land areas in Callendars name on Calypso; so my guess is nothing goes back into loot pool; probably holding until MA can sell it on Global when markets improve.

Did anyone actually see the changes to activity requirements as i'm pretty sure that change was made without formal notification?

there was a rather large thread about the changes a few months ago
EDIT here we go: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?289437-New-TOU&highlight=Account+Inactivity
i think we got emails too
with estates going to Calendars, that kinda is going back in the lootpool as they wasn't looted as such

So, this got me thinking. The terminated inactive accounts, and booked it as income. that means one of two things i think....

1) The trade terminal value of items on inactive accounts were equal to the 9m SEK, and the went ahead and just took the liberty of TT'ing those items, and transferring PED balance to themselves.

2) The held private auction for select players and were able to sell player items - not to the general public, but to those invited to private auction. No clarity on this, and it makes me feel kind of weird. I have seen other threads where MA would auction retired account items, but no mention of global auction for those type of things here.

I really hope the answer is #1, but no clarity on this. Not putting the tin foil hat on too tightly, but just wondering -- if they are going to retire accounts, why not sell for market value, instead of TT value. Provide others a chance at older loots, or rare weapons, or something of the sorts.

So, this got me thinking. The terminated inactive accounts, and booked it as income. that means one of two things i think....

1) The trade terminal value of items on inactive accounts were equal to the 9m SEK, and the went ahead and just took the liberty of TT'ing those items, and transferring PED balance to themselves.

2) The held private auction for select players and were able to sell player items - not to the general public, but to those invited to private auction. No clarity on this, and it makes me feel kind of weird. I have seen other threads where MA would auction retired account items, but no mention of global auction for those type of things here.

I really hope the answer is #1, but no clarity on this. Not putting the tin foil hat on too tightly, but just wondering -- if they are going to retire accounts, why not sell for market value, instead of TT value. Provide others a chance at older loots, or rare weapons, or something of the sorts.
Private auctions for the secret cabal... You got a fitting name indeed. :smoke:

It's 3) - they didn't anything to the accounts and items, just made an accounting entry of said sum, corresponding to an assumption they won't have to pay it. How that got past auditors is somewhat of a mystery to me but then, 'creative accounting' has grown a lot in recent years.

Once again, it's an accounting operation, not ingame operation. Swedish text clearly says "har bokats bort" (literally "have been booked away").

Back