FYI: Remove Select Next Target & Move to target

SirAzzah

Old Alpha
Society
Payn-Inc.
Sir Azzah Neu
Hello Dear Developers,

Please remove select next target & Move to target so that people cannot make bots using simple macros. Botting is a huge problem in this game and needs to be addressed. I've also watched several streams which consisted of someone standing still and clicking select next target every ~minute or so which was not very appealing for new players coming into the game. I think that removing these functions would get rid of bot users or at least force them to actually play the game.

Hope my input helps

Cheers
Azzah :wise:

Hello Dear Developers,

Please remove select next target & Move to target so that people cannot make bots using simple macros. Botting is a huge problem in this game and needs to be addressed. I've also watched several streams which consisted of someone standing still and clicking select next target every ~minute or so which was not very appealing for new players coming into the game. I think that removing these functions would get rid of bot users or at least force them to actually play the game.

Hope my input helps

Cheers

I totally agree that its an issue that has to be combatted, not sure if removing move to target is the best option thou.
However thumbs up for this!

Cheers
/Soko

P.S.
If someone thinks this is not an issue, then click link in my signature and see an article about botting in EU.

Hello Dear Developers,

Hope my input helps

Cheers

Think of a better way. This would kill the game for me. I play with a controller because of my wrist - simple mapped keypresses.

It's bad enough strongboxes is wayyyy too many mouse presses.

I'm all for gettin' rid of bots and all, but I been shooting directly in first person for years and only recently tried out this next target thing in third person, and I have to say I am enjoying it for the normal grind.

Good idea if u wanna kill the game!

I'd hate to lose next target, when hunting big mobs it's fine, but smaller mobs like foul with tiny hit boxes, fast moving , & noob mobs where u kill 400+/hr.

These would all be a pain to hunt

GL have fun grinding those puny missions with selective targeting and no auto shoot.

This would kill the game for me, im not doing punys but I use next target and auto shoot during all my hunts.. I simply can not grind for 7 hours when I log in and play, i used to do this when I was about 15 (with my parents permission to play the game :p ) but now when I am 27 and have suffered problems with my wrist, I simply can't. This would make me quit the game...

Find naother way to crack down on the bots. Get a in game report bot function, and if used properly by people they get + reputation or something that only MA can see, and when these players report a bot a ping will be given to a representative who TPs to the coordinates where it was reported / chat opens with the person who reported and details are shared, and then it is investigated by a "invisible" avatar from MA follows the person for a while, tries to contact, see their behaviour. Bots are macros, macros uses simple code, this code can be spotted from a mile long.

Please think of something else than removing two of the most used features in game and spare those who suffers from a broken wrist or finger.

Thank you...

Without Move to Target it would be playable only for those who aim manually, fps style. Not everyone in EU is fps player.

Hmmm i grind puny mobs with auto attack and next target.
Would be a terrible change for me lol

do bots make a better profit if no ma make more money of them not worst than players sharing there ava 24/7 also the same as crafting

Leave it alone. Major help for us that had carpel tunnel in past

Leave it alone. Major help for us that had carpel tunnel in past

Yes, indeed. :wise:

Still remember the times without auto fire. Really unhealthy times those were

You can start by banning the guy on cyrene botting basic target chips (but wasnt looting the mobs)... then when GMs go to monitor the situation and see it.. they dont do anything and just "monitor" it.

Ban them insteading of further ruining the game by removing key features.

As long as I waste decay + ammo missing in pvp I want my select target.
Mobs Like Kingfisher really need that untill they are fully fixed (hitbox/animation)

One thing that could be tried to slow down botters, would be if there is a dangerous creature (say 300 HP, 1000 dmg, but non aggro) creature in the spawns where it's a suspected botter. That mob wouldn't attack anyone except if you aggro it by hitting it or trying to sweat it.

it could look like the normal creatures, but be a "mutated" version. It could either be permanently spawned, spawned in intervals or spawned manyally by, for instance, planet partner or MA.

One thing that could be tried to slow down botters, would be if there is a dangerous creature (say 300 HP, 1000 dmg, but non aggro) creature in the spawns where it's a suspected botter. That mob wouldn't attack anyone except if you aggro it by hitting it or trying to sweat it.

I have a small tagger but it would be dead before it could reach me.
For all i care it could be 30k HP.

it could look like the normal creatures, but be a "mutated" version. It could either be permanently spawned, spawned in intervals or spawned manyally by, for instance, planet partner or MA.

That'd be easy to explain to all the newcomers,

"Don't attack that mob, it is only spawned because we have problems with bots in game"

:scratch2:

Or what happens if you attack it and you ain't a bot? (if its perma spawned)

People are curious in this game, if a mob looks different - they will try to take it down... If I were a beginner and had a gun dealing 30 damage, I notice that 10%ish of the hp falls off the mob in one hit I'll keep hitting it, until it reaches me and then it hits me for a HUGE amount of damage... So I go back... Will the loot be just as normal then? So all of a sudden regular players - mostly newcomers - will have those mobs as a bad experience unless they were taught what it is.

I mean.. having additional mobs spawn to stop botters ain't the way to go I think...

Better make it easier to report some one for it, and a much quicker response from MA and actual actions taken against the avatar, get some volunteers to help MA, like the guides you see around calypso, that can TP to said location when some one reports another for botting by right clicking on the avatar -> report.

have them come investigate, it is quite easy... if they do nothing but auto move to target and auto shoot, dont walk in any other fashion, doesn't communicate - investigate further.. certain patterns must be used by those using bots.. like we have seen all over youtube ... fly a vehicle in front of them, or stand in front of them.. they don't react, but the avatar simply keeps moving to target. If some one blocked you, or some one landed a quad between you and your mob - what would your reaction be?

I would certainly communicate and ask what in the F are you doing?

These "bots" ain't sofisticated.. It is just macros on keyboards set to repeat, or a simple .bat file that runs commands over and over again in the top window.. Some bots even fail to loot and just run around shooting then don't even loot because they messed up their own script...

Don't add additional mobs, that will only frustrate new players and add a "WTF" reaction to those encountering the mob..

Don't remove it when I am in my shops/house and want to remove some items that are not highlighted.

Untill a couple of days ago I weren't using select next target, but I am on Cyrene now. Try hunt birds, fish, imperiums there without select target and auto-aim... is a damn pain .....
Fix all mobs and can remove the select target....
Auto-shoot = auto-craft. MA want us to spend faster :) They can add instances for each mob to make grinding easier.... or make a hunting terminal where u choose mob and click and game do the shooting-decay and put some loot :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))) can even do that for mining.... select finder, amp and click.... game put ore or not....
Wtf.... that's all happening anyway why bother to move?

erm... brillian ideea: wtf play anyway? Just hit deposit and game return: You lost it or you remain with xxx amount you may gamble again. Simple wtf we need a game anyway ?

Last edited:
Find and punish the bot users but don't do it by removing such a great feature.

I know some of the old timers are stuck in their ways and think manual aim and dragging out boxes and clicking on the ground or whatever is the way it is best done but...most entropia hunting sessions is thousands of repetitive actions which honestly wears you down and are extremely boring, so having next target and those commands makes it at least bearable for long sessions :)

Last edited:

This sounds like a good idea, without removing a feature thats used by many actual players.

Maybe have this super stalker / mutated version be a shared mob. So if a bunch of regular hunters are in the area, they can all get together and kill it. Few minutes later, spawn another one.

This sounds like a good idea, without removing a feature thats used by many actual players.

Maybe have this super stalker / mutated version be a shared mob. So if a bunch of regular hunters are in the area, they can all get together and kill it. Few minutes later, spawn another one.

it can be annoying if its anything like cyrene direweeds, ppl kill the weeds but leaving the boss spawns, after a few hours its like 50% bosses

You've awakened the gazebo.

The concept has been around since before internet, just that the game industry tries hard to forget everything.

it can be annoying if its anything like cyrene direweeds, ppl kill the weeds but leaving the boss spawns, after a few hours its like 50% bosses

Well, if MA fixed the algo so that only one boss could exist at a time (that's the definition of 'boss', isn't it?), then Cyrene could benefit from it, too.

Bots is a huge problem ofc, and ppl dont like that, but select target is a good thing when i do mining or hunting? So need to find out how to solve the problem and make ppl happy.

Bots is a huge problem ofc, and ppl dont like that, but select target is a good thing when i do mining or hunting? So need to find out how to solve the problem and make ppl happy.

MA should give them warnings for start if they continue ban 1 month or perma, what's so hard ?

Do you know how many people turn on move to target, pop an autoloot pill, hit auto use tool and sit there and occassionally hit select next target while watching tv? A lot, I am sure, myself included. MA would take a big hit in income if they removed those things.

Do you know how many people turn on move to target, pop an autoloot pill, hit auto use tool and sit there and occassionally hit select next target while watching tv? A lot, I am sure, myself included. MA would take a big hit in income if they removed those things.

:lolup:
I wanna expand that program, instead of next target there could be a next 5 targets line.

If something needs to be removed, or at least made optional, is the movement by clicking on the ground. The damn thing accounts for half of my deaths in game, when I accidentally run into the spawn instead of selecting a mob.

If something needs to be removed, or at least made optional, is the movement by clicking on the ground. The damn thing accounts for half of my deaths in game, when I accidentally run into the spawn instead of selecting a mob.

Or when selecting next target it selects the one in the middle of the spawn instead of the other one right next to you banging on you already :D

(I need a macro for select self, then next target. I really liked the ability to do keybinds and macros in another game I played.)

Back