Mindark, make us happy NOW!

A hybrid way to show how my loot is displayed on my screen would make me happy. The list for normal loots and the good old fashioned loot windows pop up on globals or items that trigger a "rare" message. Would help so much to make more awesome screenshoots of epic loots

A hybrid way to show how my loot is displayed on my screen would make me happy. The list for normal loots and the good old fashioned loot windows pop up on globals or items that trigger a "rare" message. Would help so much to make more awesome screenshoots of epic loots

Would be nice since the swirly animation happens so quickly and is usually missed by some. Easier to screen print if there's something static on screen you have to click on, similar to what happens when you graduate, finish missions, etc... Might even be cool if they automated the system to do a screen print for you every time you global so it's all 'built in' and folks aren't relying on outside apps (which MA doesn't support or encourage really)...

Hell maybe even put a 'freebie' copy in to PC server side for everyone so it'd give you something to put in to the various signs, etc. instead of the regular boring backgrounds that are typical options for backgrounds on signs, etc. Just don't make using it cost as much as uploading regular pc...perhaps even look in to lowering that cost if possible???

As it is right now if you wanted to add some nicely designed signs to a shop or apartment, it costs a pretty penny...

(some are afraid to even try since there's little guarantee the stuff will be there in a few years if they do upload pc)

and if you wanted to do something like add music via that upgrade option it's a crazy insanely high cost... There's at least 2 or more 'radio' stations that don't even stream in game since that cost is so high... and I don't know of one shop or any estate (other than perhaps the bank on PA) that utilizes that upgrade option yet since it does cost so much... give us interesting places to shop with nice, cheap upgrades, and the community may make the shopping places in game and apartments have some use to the community for visiting... just don't charge us an arm and a leg for it as it is now.

and about that shop directory... which was Ludvig's idea after all... ;) )

Last edited:
Would be nice since the swirly animation happens so quickly and is usually missed by some. Easier to screen print if there's something static on screen you have to click on, similar to what happens when you graduate, finish missions, etc... Might even be cool if they automated the system to do a screen print for you every time you global so it's all 'built in' and folks aren't relying on outside apps (which MA doesn't support or encourage really)...

:scratch2:

uhhhh

entropialife already does this for you. Makes auto screenshots upon globalling.
And MA does not have any problem with that.
So what would be the added value if MA would do that?

Makes auto screenshots upon globalling.

Personally, I don't do "screenshot events" just because of the screenshot beaucraticy.

(Screenshot events: Where you need to take a screenshot at each global, screenshots need to contain information such as date/time, and you need to upload and make a forum post with the screenshot image.)

I Think more casual people (who aren't in for events harcore) if that kind of recordkeeping was automatic.

Personally, I don't do "screenshot events" just because of the screenshot beaucraticy.

(Screenshot events: Where you need to take a screenshot at each global, screenshots need to contain information such as date/time, and you need to upload and make a forum post with the screenshot image.)

I Think more casual people (who aren't in for events harcore) if that kind of recordkeeping was automatic.

huh?

screenshot events?

That had nothing to do with my post.
I just wanted to point to the fact that entropialife makes auto screenshots upon globaling.
It's just a nice thing to know. Has nothing to do with events. :D

uhhhh

entropialife already does this for you. Makes auto screenshots upon globalling.
And MA does not have any problem with that.
So what would be the added value if MA would do that?
Doesn't have any problem with it - perhaps, but first time that that thing give you a virus support is going to tell you 'well don't use outside apps since we don't support em'... etc.

Kinda similar idea/extension of the idea...

Mindark can put an 'overlay' on the game already as demonstrated with stuff like the lock box animations, which also works in the web page after you buy lock boxes in webshop... expand that idea/concept... perhaps working with this screenie thing... make it so system will put a waypoint on map for you automatically with screen print of that global swirl, etc. so you can 'go back' there using in game systems instead of out of game recording devices or apps like tracker mining tracker apps, etc. Maybe even add an option to open up compets as an overlay for times you are in game waiting to heal up or waiting for the death timer thing to count down so you can throw a pet in the gym there if his time is up and he's ready for another round... maybe even add more games over time... hell maybe even bring back the old mcdonalds type ads with an option to turn it off if you don't want it, but having the ads will get you 'better loot' as the system was intended to do with the in game ads in ancient days.... lots of paid video sites out there... a small 20 second ad while waiting for an 80 second death timer might be an interesting option to have if it gives you something in return for allowing that option.

Last edited:
entropialife already does this for you.
This has been brought up numerous times. EL needs the chat message as trigger, and this can be quite out of sync with what happens on your screen. Apart from that there are forever a few for whom it doesn't work, and this is really hard to debug. It is great to have the screenshot feature finally in-game, ideas to expand on it follow naturally.

Please bring back these components essential for crafting of many classic, some iconic items (e.g. Apis):

Basic/Advanced/Enhanced Target Assessment Unit
Basic/Advanced/Enhanced Electronic Fluid Memory
Basic/Advanced/Enhanced Scanning Sensor
Basic/Advanced/Enhanced Strategic Combat Processor
... (in case I missed any)

I understand the end products are outmoded and superceded by better ones. But ending their production should be decided by the market, not "from above", which I'm sure at least is agreed upon by (former) owners of the relevant blueprints. While it doesn't happen so often anymore, the now useless blueprints are traded on auction and, drawing on previous market data, attract unaware buyers who only find out later that their investment was wasted. One may accuse people of not doing homework, but it has to occur to you to ask a specific question. Permitting such situations is not desirable.

I also understand if these components are no longer wanted in the loot, as the game has moved on in the meantime. I.m.o. the ideal solution would be to issue blueprints and make the components craftable, which turns it into a choice. Relating to latest announcements, I don't think this would cause much effort at all.

A further idea would be to offer new upgrade paths. I could imagine e.g. an Adjusted Apis (L), Rutic Slo (L) etc. similar to what Arkadia has created with their ANUBIS upgrades would be popular especially with old players holding fond memories of the originals.

This!

Expanding, MA could also try to make ALL old BP's be the start of chains of manufacture to come up with the new items and armours. So Basic Filters etc would be useful again.

This would create a market for crafted components and as such MU on items. Yes, the end items or armour will be more expensive, but a manufacturing chain is needed in this game.

Keep doing what ya been doing lately, and ya will make me happy.

Great communication, not too vague and misleading as in the past.

Be upfront and have an continuous open dialogue with the community about the future of EU. Keep reading the forums and answering/taking good suggestions. Keep being awesome, and ya will succeed.

Keep doing what ya been doing lately, and ya will make me happy.

Great communication, not too vague and misleading as in the past.

Be upfront and have an continuous open dialogue with the community about the future of EU. Keep reading the forums and answering/taking good suggestions. Keep being awesome, and ya will succeed.

Not too sure about that bolded part. I still have many questions where MA has been pretty vague.

But, with that said, I'm trying to skill this up :whistle:

If I had to choose only one thing from all these ideas to get for the next round, it would be the mission point sharing in team. Epic events like below would be commonplace, sans the quagmire over the credits. (Never mind what happened to that particular group afterwards, still love the video.)

The algorithm is so simple: If 1 kill = 1 point, chance to get it is your share of damage done (not fixed award to highest as is now). If 1 kill = n points, you get your share to the closest smaller integer (floor function), the remaining fraction is awarded by chance distribution again. Decisions have to be made about healers and if team members have mixed combinations of activated missions, e.g. dailies on top of irons etc. I'm sure it is solvable.

Last edited:
If I had to choose only one thing from all these ideas to get for the next round, it would be the mission point sharing in team. Epic events like below would be commonplace, sans the quagmire over the credits. (Never mind what happened to that particular group afterwards, still love the video.)

The algorithm is so simple: If 1 kill = 1 point, chance to get it is your share of damage done (not fixed award to highest as is now). If 1 kill = n points, you get your share to the closest smaller integer (floor function), the remaining fraction is awarded by chance distribution again. Decisions have to be made about healers and if team members have mixed combinations of activated missions, e.g. dailies on top of irons etc. I'm sure it is solvable.
Yes mission point sharing would be nice.

One step further, this Chopper ride looks like a perfect opening act for [instanced] team missions. Think something like those Caly robot invasion events at Medusa, etc--but developed further. IMO this is a huge unused resource, team action with entertaining content.

First of all we should be able to trigger those events on our own (i.e. enough avatars gathered in the starting area and off it goes).

Another unused resource is mounted weapons. Cannons and rocket launchers on jeeps, choppers, sleips. To bypass any balancing/exploiting issues, the vehicles should be provided by the mission and work only inside the mission instance. Great opportunity for some nice cinematic fireworks. Everything needed is already in-game, no additional development costs involved. Server load issues shouldn't be a problem--the instance controls max team size.

Variety of missions, safari style, military operation style (attack, defense, black ops), etc. Pure entertainment at it's best!

I can't figure out why MA still stumbles around trying to figure out which way to go with the game development while the most obvious choice stares us in the face? :dunno:

Reactions: San
Variety of missions, safari style, military operation style (attack, defense, black ops), etc. Pure entertainment at it's best!
Arkadia seems to be leading the way there. The Dropships are supposed to play a role in it. Hope the A-Team doesn't meet with any unforeseen roadblocks.

Against the accidental tt-ing of valuable items:

Disable the trade terminal for (the selling of) unlimited, unstackable items altogether. Big or small or rare or common, no matter. Just no way, to play it safe. Of course there are legitimate reasons to get rid of such items, e.g. useless crafts (although most of these should be caught by the automatic sell function in the crafting terminal, but one isn't forced to use it). Instead, on every planet, or the main world of a planet partner's system, place exactly one NPC who could be called a scrapyard operator. Like with scrapyards in the real world, they are some distance to go from central marketplaces or any kind of hub. This and nowhere else is where you turn to for the recycling of your unlimited scrap metal.

I was at that point twice -- almost. Dazed after grinding, I almost dropped something in the TT which I was meaning to repair. Both require a click to confirm with a clear text message. Clear to the conscious mind, but not the unconscious. It doesn't matter what the text says, you are so trained to perform the pattern that it's easily happening faster than you can stop yourself. Therefore it is not and will never be sufficient to point out "You should always check blah blah blah" when people make mistakes. It is hypocritical and a slap in the face. The reason is in human psychology and what this game does to, or more precisely with it. You get trained to perform patterns to utmost excess. These patterns get burned into your system until they are performed subconsciously. The subconscious is always more powerful than the conscious. I learned in the meantime that there was a history of misuse for obtaining temporary credit behind the introduction of the punitive charge of 1000 ped for getting support to undo such a mistake. I mean, it just doesn't have to be this way if we make it a priority to remove such traps as soon as they are identified. This one has been identified a long time ago. Thank you.

Last edited:
Against the accidental tt-ing of valuable items:

Disable the trade terminal for unlimited, unstackable items altogether.
Interesting idea, but why stop there? Just remove the TT all together. You got stackable items, your gonna have to use em or sell em. That would hurt, but it might help markup.

Been saying for a long time ammo and explosives should not be TTable if they want to 'fix ep crafting', perhaps shrapnel should not be either? It would slow down cycling a lot, but might ultimately be what's needed to raise the markup on every damn thing that everyone keeps begging for?

Interesting idea, but why stop there? Just remove the TT all together. You got stackable items, your gonna have to use em or sell em. That would hurt, but it might help markup.

Been saying for a long time ammo and explosives should not be TTable if they want to 'fix ep crafting', perhaps shrapnel should not be either? It would slow down cycling a lot, but might ultimately be what's needed to raise the markup on every damn thing that everyone keeps begging for?

you mean u want to increase the supply to save the markup? that is kinda contradicting its purpose... the more people tt stuff the higher the markup gets...

you mean u want to increase the supply to save the markup? that is kinda contradicting its purpose... the more people tt stuff the higher the markup gets...
yeah, that's why muscle oil is at 101%...

bah, nevermind...

guess what I'm saying is that the more that people tt stuff, the more they think of it as something to just tt... or cycle... if Mindark slowed down cycling by making fewer things TTable that would create a different type of supply/demand than things are at right now, where every muscle oil, eye oil, and lots of explosives get dumped as soon as they appear in the loot window. forcing people to actually use what they get would change the dynamics of the game a bit.... you want to craft explosives, go for it but you better have a gun to use em or you are just stockpiling for no reason.

Last edited:
yeah, that's why muscle oil is at 101%...

bah, nevermind...

guess what I'm saying is that the more that people tt stuff, the more they think of it as something to just tt... or cycle... if Mindark slowed down cycling by making fewer things TTable that would create a different type of supply/demand than things are at right now, where every muscle oil, eye oil, and lots of explosives get dumped as soon as they appear in the loot window. forcing people to actually use what they get would change the dynamics of the game a bit.... you want to craft explosives, go for it but you better have a gun to use em or you are just stockpiling for no reason.

that downsizing would kill the game in less than 3 months.

The droprate of ESIs needs to improve. Drastically. Or to be precise, to the point where it was in the "good old times". Some even suggested ESIs should be available from the TT, but maybe there are some issues with this.

While chipping in/out is not my thing personally, and based on this I claim neutrality in this matter, I got to gather various sentiments from a number of people, some on the way out, some on the way in. Or they would if they could for reasonable conditions.

Skills are touted as part of the values you can monetize in this RCE, but in actuality their trade has been choked to near death. Small amounts still work, but it's become exceedingly difficult to sell out a big avatar. People who leave and are unable to get their value back from the market, as was promised to them at the beginning, are not going to speak well of this VR. The consequences cannot be what was desired.

If I understand things correctly, there is a possible exploit with easily tradable skills, that is farming with alt avatars or whatever schemes people come up with to run armies of freshmen, since skills are gained easier by young avatars. If this is the reason behind the nerfing of ESI drops, then there should be more intelligent solutions.

First thing I would like to suggest introducing a "Natural" rating in form of a percentage, which shows the portion of this avatar's total skills gained naturally. This rating is visible to others by scanning. It should very quickly become a matter of pride and honour to be closer to 100% than others. Past "damage" can be undone by chipping out and skilling up yourself again.

Further ideas are possible what to do with this number. What if it had an influence on the new loot quality feature? Probably controversial and not well thought out yet. However, if a balance is found between the value of bought skills vs. naturally gained skills, it should be achievable to discourage alt/noob farming while at the same time enabling a fluid market again.

The latter does not fall under the "small things" category requested by OP because it requires more thought, but the ESI drops could.

As an interim solution if this is not possible for good reasons, MA could make ESIs available upon request through support ticket to avatars of significant value who wish to sell out completely, let's say who have a minimum of 100,000 skill points. For ensuring that their end of such an agreement is kept and not just the ESIs taken and sold for gains, the complete skillset could be extracted and the filled ESIs delivered by MindArk staff upon signing a contract that the customer really wishes this to be done, possibly under observing a cooldown period. The PR and reputation gains should be worth more than the effort this would cause.

The droprate of ESIs needs to improve. Drastically. Or to be precise, to the point where it was in the "good old times". Some even suggested ESIs should be available from the TT, but maybe there are some issues with this.

Make it crafted using tons of resources, would be very nice :D

Make it crafted using tons of resources, would be very nice :D
Make it use one of each component that has no use currently. There are several of those in game at the moment. Also make it an unlimited bp since esis are always needed.

First i'm sorry if someone still purpose this, i did'nt read all post ;)

Would be great and fun if we can have a Bestiary book for each planet. When we scan a mob, an entry on the Bestiary book will be added with all mobs informations like hp, max damage, damage type etc :)
1 entry for each mob for each maturity :)

Last edited:
First i'm sorry if someone still purpose this, i did'nt read all post ;)

Would be great and fun if we can have a Bestiary book for each planet. When we scan a mob, an enty on the Bestiary book will be added with all mobs informations like hp, max damage, damage type etc :)
1 entry for each mob for each maturity :)

I like this idea a lot. Not just for mobs, but for items/locations/etc. Add rewards/missions and you have an big incentive for exploration and discovering the universe.

Make laser sights more useful:
- Sight attached to a weapon shows a little indicator in the crosshairs when target is in the weapon's range.
- Sight attached to a scope shows a distance meter to any target or surface it is pointed at.

There are two yellow warning messages given when your equipped tool is about to expire or needs repair. You can go a bit still after the first, but after the second warning, very few uses are left and you can run out if you still attack another mob. Upon changing weapons/tools you're getting the warning every time you re-equip it, however, the wording is exactly the same in both warning levels. This makes it difficult to keep track whether the first or the second threshold has been passed, esp. when you're getting two messages e.g. for weapon and amp.

Therefore I would like a tiny addition to distinguish the second warning level, e.g.: "Your ... is very close to ..."

i still would love to see the ability to set auction prices to a single pec, even tho i realize the problems on auction orders, especially deeds and alike. maybe you can fix the deeds auction thingy too? please! :rolleyes:

edit: to make it clear, when you set SB/BO ... i didn't mean bidding in 1 pec steps!

Allow me to name my storage boxes

Higher levels in pet handler profession could unlock the ability to spawn more than one pet. E.g., level 20 allows you the first additional one, and then one more every 10 levels. I.o.w., number of pets you can spawn at the same time = max(1, floor(pet handler level / 10)). Of course, stacked buffs remain subject to cumulative limits.

The feed interface from the nutrio bar context menu would need upgrading. It would feel more natural if this function was accessed from the context menu of the pet itself, where it says dismiss/trick etc. Put a slider there that works like the repair terminal to allow for partial filling. Or alternatively, use the same dialog as for trading with mission NPCs. Excess is simply returned.

Last edited:
Back