Mindark, make us happy NOW!

Not nessessary more laggy :)

If separated like the make-up system, but each limb a different "mask", will be a work on one area at a time :)
EG ~ Left Arm "mask" (L)

Simply body divided as,
Left Arm
Right Arm
Torso
Back
Left leg
Right Leg

Cant see torso front and back on same piece as would be a ton of work on each, as for the widest areas.

More crafting, and more fun :)

Possible new items looted, and more items to be crafted.
E~

Erm... do you know about game networking and that such things causing more network traveling of datas?
Just to say, i know about this all, since i be a video game developer.

There are a lot nice ideas, ppl have here, but from a game dev/tech site, is to say, that not everything is easy to implement. Also the idea about the blue dot into buildings. If you stay into a such building, then you just be at an other server, and there is no radar dedection to other servers outside this. Thats why you cant see the teleporters from outsite. The other methode they may are using, it just cut the scene out, if you stay into a building, but also that way, it cut out the teleporter. OFC, if they realy want, they could show you the blue dot in any way, but this is some not so easy work to do, and maybe inpact also networking.

So how i told, some really nice ideas here, but not so easy to do, if you know what is behind to make this working.

Erm... do you know about game networking and that such things causing more network traveling of datas?

There are a lot nice ideas, ppl have here, but from a game dev/tech site, is to say, that not everything is easy to implement. Also the idea about the blue dot into buildings. If you stay into a such building, then you just be at an other server, and there is no radar dedection to other servers outside this. Thats why you cant see the teleporters from outsite. The other methode they may are using, it just cut the scene out, if you stay into a building, but also that way, it cut out the teleporter. OFC, if they realy want, they could show you the blue dot in any way, but this is some not so easy work to do, and maybe inpact also networking.

So how i told, some really nice ideas here, but not so easy to do, if you know what is behind to make this working.

As far as I can tell, the buildings in EU are just landscape, they don't change servers or load a different scene. They do change the AOE for the player though, and that's why the radar changes. They most likely do this to reduce event packets when players are inside buildings. I don't believe it would require much effort to keep the TP in the player's event list in this situation.

You are on another server when you enter an instance, but not in a simple service building. It would be easy to exempt the tp radar locations from visibility culling. (To another comment I received -- no, it would not put all tps on your radar and create a mess, only the one or few blue dots within range.)

On the network issues through increased avatar customizations like body painting etc.: Traditionally in this game, all custom appearances like color and texture can be transmitted with only a few bytes of data, i.e. a reference to the components used and a single number for each of their proportions. The rest is stored on everybody's computer already and recreated algorithmically in the client. Custom face masks are already an exception, since they need to transfer the entire bitmap to every client coming within visible distance. To which extent they get cached, I don't know. Extending this will increase the amount of data that needs to be transferred with every move. Ever tried Second Life? This is where the principle is taken to the other extreme: All content is user created and gets downloaded on the fly. Therefore it is (so far) technically impossible to build really fast-reacting games on its platform.

Bring Marco back to run the lore and story lines for Planet Calypso, and resume Project Entropia.

You are on another server when you enter an instance, but not in a simple service building. It would be easy to exempt the tp radar locations from visibility culling. (To another comment I received -- no, it would not put all tps on your radar and create a mess, only the one or few blue dots within range.)

On the network issues through increased avatar customizations like body painting etc.: Traditionally in this game, all custom appearances like color and texture can be transmitted with only a few bytes of data, i.e. a reference to the components used and a single number for each of their proportions. The rest is stored on everybody's computer already and recreated algorithmically in the client. Custom face masks are already an exception, since they need to transfer the entire bitmap to every client coming within visible distance. To which extent they get cached, I don't know. Extending this will increase the amount of data that needs to be transferred with every move. Ever tried Second Life? This is where the principle is taken to the other extreme: All content is user created and gets downloaded on the fly. Therefore it is (so far) technically impossible to build really fast-reacting games on its platform.

Yea, may the blue dot is not a big problem, all depending how they handle things.

The makup, or even body textures are a real problem, thats why the make up mask only have a very small resolution. So if you need to have for each body part one mask like makup, the lag wil be high. Content saved on client's is never a big problem, how you told, needs only a few bits. But things like a make up mask need to run on server, and get replicated to the clients, like download would hapen. So this is not the only thing into EU, working that way. You also get some short lags, if you need more data from the server. Example, if a ava occure on radar, then most you get a short lag.

At least, what i want say, not every wish of this thread is technicaly easy to do, into a networked world.

Bring Marco back to run the lore and story lines for Planet Calypso, and resume Project Entropia.

Now there's a thought. Bring him into the office, pour some chocolate on him and off we go. :spam:

Please let us export skills. For all intents and purposes, it should be sufficient to just make them available via the website in the same fashion as the inventory. (I am aware of the available 3rd party tool and the effort put into it is laudible. Alas it shouldn't be necessary to take such pains for such a simple feat.)

Fix Hitboxes

Can´t be to hard to do that !

Oh and maybe make fruits, stones and dung more visible than tripping distance.
We all don't have the vision of Mr Magoo.

mindark please if you don't let us TT all those (L) rings, at least make them tradeable, so i can give them away. i have a few dozens (L) rings of each kind, and i bet my bony ass i'm not the only one.

for example, my beloved girlfriend has every ring but an ares and athenic, and didn't manage to loot one out of the many many boxes i bought for her... doesn't make sense i got hundreds in my storage, does it?

:girl:

mindark please if you don't let us TT all those (L) rings, at least make them tradeable, so i can give them away. i have a few dozens (L) rings of each kind, and i bet my bony ass i'm not the only one.

for example, my beloved girlfriend has every ring but an ares and athenic, and didn't manage to loot one out of the many many boxes i bought for her... doesn't make sense i got hundreds in my storage, does it?

:girl:

yes.-..make all box things tradeable or at least--possible to get the tt-value..

-->BTW if you have FULL L rings you can also refine them to Universal Ammo..if that helps...

Eddie

i guess everyone who bought a few boxes did that already. :laugh:

and no, it doesn't really help. those L rings don't drop anymore, do they? people who got some, probably also got the UL versions already. buying an imp ares is probably no option for a noob, so why can't we also trade the L ones? makes no sense at all, and the announced ring combine thingy probably won't be delivered before 2024. just sayin...

Loot (lotto) boxes should be lootable, instead they automagically appear.
Just like crafting explosives, they are unrelated to the sandbox.

I stopped playing due to cutthroat economy but nowdays...

99% of the best loot and the biggest loot is had outside the sandbox. It stops being a game.

No big deal, just more mild UI annoyances which have been reported since long but never found their way into the bug tracker:

After a swirlie, your viewpoint setting is not always restored. You are returned to first person mode if that was your setting, but in OTS the camera distance is not preserved. Only a default value is assumed every time.

When switching maps (e.g. moving from Arkadia to Underground or vice versa), the arrow showing your own position vanishes. Closing and re-opening the map brings it back.

In OTS camera mode and with auto-move-to-target on, and using a melee weapon, it can sometimes happen that the vertical viewing angle gets stuck off the center and target contact cannot be reached. (It can also happen with a ranged weapon on a mob with off-centered hitbox, but is rare.) This can be remedied during battle by zooming in all the way to first-person mode. Upon zooming out again, the viewing angle is suddenly near vertical and cannot be restored, i.e. makes your avatar look straight up or down and using auto impossible. Spawning a vehicle, entering and leaving again fixes it.

Last edited:
i guess everyone who bought a few boxes did that already. :laugh:

and no, it doesn't really help. those L rings don't drop anymore, do they? people who got some, probably also got the UL versions already. buying an imp ares is probably no option for a noob, so why can't we also trade the L ones? makes no sense at all, and the announced ring combine thingy probably won't be delivered before 2024. just sayin...

The L Rings probably dont drop anymore cos they arn't decaying or are been left in storage waiting for the combine thing MA mentioned. This means virtually zero rings return to the box's loot pool

Me thinks a big update is on the way for the 15th anniversary...

just a thought though.

Maybe if i owned a coffee shop i would know for sure. :silly2:

What is the Caly team response to focus blow on arkadia armor? When can we expect Focus Blow armor upgrades for Caly items, or do they have something better up their sleeve? Maybe a Focus Blow upgrade/enchant for any armor?

I refuse to buy account bound items like the Arkadia armor because it is a bastardization of the RCE concept, we should be able to buy/sell/trade everything we have via any of the normal methods in game p2p/auction/etc. :wise:

Last edited:
Reactions: San
A tiny detail that has been bugging me for quite some time:

In EU, everyone shoots from the right shoulder.

I shoot from my left shoulder IRL.
(Yes, I know this is considered wrong in some armies but then, I have no intention of joining those armies :silly2:)

What MA could do to make me happy

1. Get rid of ep blueprints...they wreck the gameplay loot balance and everyone pays for it except for a handful of people who spend thousands of dollars til the get their "big hit"

2. Better loot for all hunting mobs. Obviously, the higher the mob, ideally more and better loot. But be reasonable, if you are putting out a fortune in ped, it's only fair to be compensated enough to be able to benefit for the money deposited.

3. Mining be more balanced across the board for all miners...50+ and the noob. Understand, im not insulting the 50+ miners in regards to all the time and effort they put in to get where they are and deserve the rewards for all that. My personal issue is when one person who is 50+ can get 3 towers within one week when everyone else mining is getting "tiny" or "very poor" finds despite having the skills to be considered "capable" or experienced" or better. These towers are not reported on the hof list or entropialife.com in their profiles. No one knows unless they visit the same areas and see the same name of the same people getting all the higher level finds and anyone under 50+ is lucky to get finds over 20ped. Since everyone is putting their money deposits into the game at least until you are over lvl 30+ in mining, it would be fair that everyone who is actively daily mining should be able to get a tower at least once a year if you have put in the time for the the higher mining skills for your avatar.

1. Get rid of ep blueprints...they wreck the gameplay loot balance and everyone pays for it except for a handful of people who spend thousands of dollars til the get their "big hit"

2. Better loot for all hunting mobs. Obviously, the higher the mob, ideally more and better loot. But be reasonable, if you are putting out a fortune in ped, it's only fair to be compensated enough to be able to benefit for the money deposited.

3. Mining be more balanced across the board for all miners...50+ and the noob. Understand, im not insulting the 50+ miners in regards to all the time and effort they put in to get where they are and deserve the rewards for all that. My personal issue is when one person who is 50+ can get 3 towers within one week when everyone else mining is getting "tiny" or "very poor" finds despite having the skills to be considered "capable" or experienced" or better. These towers are not reported on the hof list or entropialife.com in their profiles. No one knows unless they visit the same areas and see the same name of the same people getting all the higher level finds and anyone under 50+ is lucky to get finds over 20ped. Since everyone is putting their money deposits into the game at least until you are over lvl 30+ in mining, it would be fair that everyone who is actively daily mining should be able to get a tower at least once a year if you have put in the time for the the higher mining skills for your avatar.

You are wrong with all your points:

1. EP BP not wrecking anything. In before EP BP era all were moaning how gamblers thrash MU on some items expensive to click. They not even influence residue market anymore. It was brilliant MA move to separate gamblers from regular MU crafters. EP BP crafters pays for their own HoF. Try some expensive crafting runs then you experience taht yourself.

2. MA is not charity organisation. What you asking for is basicaly unreal as loot will never exceed players input to obtain it. Cut of that part is however whole different discusion and MA definitively lost clue here. They forgot what micropayments are.

3. Everyone can get a tower. Even lvl 1 newbie with TT finder. What skils affet is quality of ores ( increasing with depth ). You just not informed well here, informed wrong or this matter or observing to short.

And many people still waiting for the avatars in game to be able to sitt and talk like before and put in all the old citys like they was once time long ago.

1. EP BP not wrecking anything. In before EP BP era all were moaning how gamblers thrash MU on some items expensive to click. They not even influence residue market anymore. It was brilliant MA move to separate gamblers from regular MU crafters. EP BP crafters pays for their own HoF. Try some expensive crafting runs then you experience taht yourself.

2. MA is not charity organisation. What you asking for is basicaly unreal as loot will never exceed players input to obtain it. Cut of that part is however whole different discusion and MA definitively lost clue here. They forgot what micropayments are.

3. Everyone can get a tower. Even lvl 1 newbie with TT finder. What skils affet is quality of ores ( increasing with depth ). You just not informed well here, informed wrong or this matter or observing to short.

They forgot what micropayments are.....

No they did not... The system with micropayments as the same as with the microloans who we have in India if you read what happend with the microloans in India then you will know whay MA put this system in here in the game.

this is simply not true anymore. since the loot change in jan 2013 it is not possible anymore to hit a planetside tower with normal ped per click finders unamped. that has been discussed so many times and there even is a reward of 1000 ped iirc from someone (not sure if its gewitter) for a screenshot that proves that a certain multiplier thresshold has been broken. it hasnt been claimed in years because its impossible nowadays. for a tower you either need to amp or go indoors which basically is like amping.

Still unamped lvl 1 newbie with TT finder can do it, as you said. I didn;t say it's hapening everyday.

Still unamped lvl 1 newbie with TT finder can do it, as you said. I didn;t say it's hapening everyday.

only on indoor mining though. and the new tt finder dont use the 1 ped ore probes anymore. so no. with the actual nowadays tt finder that newbies would buy it is completely impossible.
with the old school tt finders indoors yes. but what lvl 1 mining noob buys an old school tt finder to go indoor mining? none. so it is impossible.

only on indoor mining though. and the new tt finder dont use the 1 ped ore probes anymore. so no. with the actual nowadays tt finder that newbies would buy it is completely impossible.
with the old school tt finders indoors yes. but what lvl 1 mining noob buys an old school tt finder to go indoor mining? none. so it is impossible.

I can´t even hit normal globals anymore with unamped low finders, LOL !
Well thats maybe just my own bad luck, some still hit globals.

Back