Returning to "echanted status" can it be done?

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
Hey all,

just your average Joe here, who started playing Entropia a while ago. Must be 2007 or something, not sure (I'll see when I post, I think it is in my sig). I soooo loved this game. But somewhere I fell out of it. I lost the sense of being dazzled.

And RL became more important.

But still, Entropia keeps calling me, the sound resembling the Singing of the Lorelei.

And I wonder... can it actually happen? Can I fall back in love with this game?

Last attempts kind of failed, because I am just doing the missions, and grinding Bery just doesn't seem to do it anymore. But I also don't have the money to play BIG. I mean, $10 a month, that's not much, is it?

I am still in a soc (suprised I wasn't kicked), and they are fun people (well, those who didn't join during my absence). But still... there's something missing. I dunno...

What do you recommend?

Happens so much quicker these days than in years past, especially when a 100USD depo can disappear so quickly. I used to play for a month on 50 bucks, now it is usually measured in hours.

Not sure how to get the 'love of the game' back again. There have been so many 'cool factors' removed as in old minopolis, the double hump mountains out in the middle of the ocean after a long swim :) etc.

For that kind of budget, check out my thread over at noob corner or signature.

You can even join our society, as we are in recruitment mode at the moment.

Hey all,

just your average Joe here, who started playing Entropia a while ago. Must be 2007 or something, not sure (I'll see when I post, I think it is in my sig). I soooo loved this game. But somewhere I fell out of it. I lost the sense of being dazzled.

But still, Entropia keeps calling me, the sound resembling the Singing of the Lorelei.

Sure you can. I did. Exploring was the key to renewing that enchantment for me.

Last attempts kind of failed, because I am just doing the missions, and grinding Bery just doesn't seem to do it anymore. But I also don't have the money to play BIG. I mean, $10 a month, that's not much, is it?
It's small, but I've found there's a sweet spot somewhere between $10 and $20. Not the only such sweet spot in cash flow rate, but it's a very enjoyable one. Sweating is junk now, so my suggestion is to eke out your deposits by taking breaks. A lot of us do. And of course there are still tons of activities that don't cost anything and don't give any reward (other than social rewards).

Find a hobby or niche in game. This planet got boring so go to that planet. Tired of Las try instance. Try mining. Try crafting. Try to find something new.

Play some of those old EU soundtracks, that brings me back every time!
They are on youtube on a MA or EU channel.

Do one of the new robot attacks at Fort Lahar

Go to a new planet, Toulan and Monria have been getting more updates and changes.

Other than that, I need a few ideas myself.

I've been playing on/off for years, but lately I'm also in the same boat as OP...

I really miss the day of PE when the avatars talked while you were typing, but I can't seem to find a clip of that anywhere!

see which missions you have not done yet... go do em... recently I've 'moved' back to Calypso from other planets, partly because of boredom, but also and primarily because Calypso has a bunch of little 'newbie' type missions now that were recently introduced... Lahar, Sisyphus (upgrade the bukins, etc.), all the little cdf armor missions, etc. Just wish they'd give more of these little tweaks to the other planets as well instead of Caly first for everything as usual. Just tonight I had to re-obtain camp phoenix, which used to be my old 'home' back in 2007 when I first started and got my first global ever... They are slowly bringing back the old school stuff over time... doesn't look exactly the same, but a lot of the terrain is being worked on to be similar to what it was back then, only in higher detail.

..., who started playing Entropia a while ago. Must be 2007 or something, not sure (I'll see when I post, I think it is in my sig). ?

Yo Homer, lay of the Duff Beers!! :beerchug:

lol

it says in your sig 2006 and also in your profile date 2006! :wise:

What do you recommend?

I recommend you go to Ark.
I felt the same as you. Had a few years of minimal activity (enoug to keep the account alive and count the CLD retuns :silly2:)
I had seen it all on calypso. Always the same mobs. So I went to Ark for a change. A nice place with mobs for a small budget.
With 10$ per month plus your CLD returns you should be able to shoot quite a lot there. And nice to see something else for a change.

Back