What do you think? Vehicle crafter makes the price drop to 100%

Stelgim

Mature
Society
Freelancer
Steffen Stelgim Josefsen
Over the years, I've seen people (noobs?) put items on 100% starting bid and no buyout, what is their mindset for this?

Just now, I took a look at the Cyrene Auction, and there is this one player who have put all his newly crafted full TT vehicles on sale, 100% no buyout and only a few hours left. No one really uses Cyrene that much that they need 2 pages of vehicles.

Now on closer inspection, he also uses Calypso to sell his vehicles, who knows how many planets.
Not going to write his name, but I would love to contact him to ask what his purpose is.

Vehicles I'm talking about:
- Sleipnir MK1
- Sandrunner MKI

What do you guys think about people who does this? It's a huge risk for the market value if the item only get a single bid, only the buyer profits.

What do you guys think about people who does this? It's a huge risk for the market value if the item only get a single bid, only the buyer profits.
It depends. Doing that on Cyrene, well, you are probably right. Listing this way on Calypso is a whole different story though.

It depends. Doing that on Cyrene, well, you are probably right. Listing this way on Calypso is a whole different story though.

True, I can see it work on Calypso. The market is much bigger there, personally I don't see the profit of risking the 100% starting bid.. but I know it saves PEC on the auction for the seller.

it's a free market, people can list or sell at whatever price they choose, even below the items TT value.

it's a free market, people can list or sell at whatever price they choose, even below the items TT value.

Sure, but that might have a domino effect on other sellers on the particular item(s) (check the sandrunner weekly market value, several 100%'s mixed in, which drops the overall price). I can understand misclicks, if you're trying to raise the starting price, but doesn't realize it goes from 9 to 0 in one of the brackets, making it undervalued.

For items not sold in a long while, I can somewhat understand checking the price by doing this method.

Lets just say, it's not worth making the sandrunner for the time being.

Sure, but that might have a domino effect on other sellers on the particular item(s) (check the sandrunner weekly market value, several 100%'s mixed in, which drops the overall price). I can understand misclicks, if you're trying to raise the starting price, but doesn't realize it goes from 9 to 0 in one of the brackets, making it undervalued.

For items not sold in a long while, I can somewhat understand checking the price by doing this method.

Lets just say, it's not worth making the sandrunner for the time being.

And then nobody makes sandrunners anymore, just this Guy...... And then when all other crafters forget about IT.. he starts adding some markup...

Here's his own explanation:

explained.jpg

(Disclaimer: I may have missed some text before and/or after this)

I can't quite follow it through but then, kids these days... :laugh:

Last edited:
I also Note that ND Obviously is Not the only Relative of Trespassers W in this Universe. :)

Players need ped to carry-on, especially crafters that really desire their next "hit". If it means dumping to auction at TT for sales, so be it, the next crafting run might be more important to them than the sales. They're not lootable though, so no reason that player couldn't fly them to Caly and put on auction here.

MA wanted a bigger turnover in vehicles a few years ago and suggested much higher decay, but it didn't go down well with the community. Mainly on the basis that vehicles at the start were colourable, players didn't want to lose ped invested in that.

I'm still running a VTOL (L) I must have had a good 5 years, maybe longer. So the demand doesn't meet supply, and the market will always be about demand and supply.

However; other uses for vehicles can create new markets. Take Pitbulls, they're brilliant for storage 100+ items or so, much better than most boxes that are over priced in comparison.

Lot of players use vehicles for searching the landscape, no reason MA cant fill that market better with a vehicles that has a better viewing screen or under-carriage camera. Provide what the market wants and the demand will come.

Rick

Back