Suggestion 1: Storage and containers update

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Storage and Personal Inventory has not changed in the 8 years I have been playing.

With Planet Storage at 500 items and Personal Inventory capped at 200 items I end up packing more and more inside containers. The big issue is when I have 50 or more different containers of different shapes and sizes I quickly forget where things are. I have tried colouring some of the old smaller boxes, but they don't hold much.

Suggestions for MindArk

1. Increase Planet Storage to 1000 items.

2. Allow a special feature where you can access your Storage on another planet for a small fee. Call it an Interplanetary Storage Retrieval (ISR). But you can check your storage on another planet for free.

3. Allow containers to be labelled. If we can label them it would be a huge help.

4. Make the screen view for the container/storage bigger. If say a Resettlement Container can store 100 items, cramming all those items in that small on screen square is messy. A bigger window would be appreciated to organise stuff better.

5. Anti-gravity effects. Maybe a new crafted item which increases the anti-gravity effect on a container so it weighs less by attaching it like an amp.

6. Space PVP proof containers. These will be highly sort after. If you put stackables inside these containers, they can't be looted. Options either to limit the number of UL containers to say 20 in total to keep their value.

7. Ingame inventory of every thing you own. Instead of having to log into the My Items EU page, we can see an account list and PED value of all items we own.

Cheers
Bjorn

There is no storage limit. No need to increase it. The problem is display and access of items in storage once you pass 500 items. So you have to
  • Look for the item you want. and if you dont see it then...
  • Drag and drop all visible items to your inventory
  • Close storage
  • Reopen storage
  • Go back to step one
Then once you have the item you want then put everything else back. Obviously this is a pain in the arse.
Visually spotting the item is also difficult cos all those whatevers look quite similar.

This would be fixed by the option to switch to a list based interface with
  • Separate Tabs for each section
  • x items displayed per page (eg similar to AH)
  • ability to drill down into containers
  • Select items check box
  • Ability to move selected items to inventory
  • Ability to open info box for a selected item
  • Search facility including option to search containers

That would make things very easy. Performance issues would be alleviated by:
  • Tabs for each section
  • x items per page
  • potentially no need to render icons for each item.

And it would be soooo much easier to use. As a crafter it would be easier for me to work out my ingredient stock levels so I could proactively purchase instead of waiting till I run out. As a hunter I can find the armour or gun I need without opening 20 containers.

I actually dont think there are any problems with inventory. I've never had any issues accessing items in inventory no matter how many are there. There is the issue of encumbrance that includes item count thresholds. I don't really have a problem with that. But a list based interface there could still be useful.

I think it would be counter to current space policy to allow retrieval of items in remote storage but I like the idea of being able to search them.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Back