Map-map-map !

bigPaul

Dominant
Paul Ray Spinn
Hi All :) ,

having been ingame since 2004, there is one aspect of the game that i have found as quite constant :
the map and its appearence, and even its dimension.

It is more or less the same it was in 2005-2006.

This game has improved a lot through years : graphics, sounds, concepts, missions. But the map no.
The map never changes.

So i have thought some changes/improvements that i guess many of you will appreciate :

1) Maximum Dimension of the map :

as i wrote, nowadays it is the same it was in 2005-2006.
I would suggest/appreciate the possibility to extend the map to the Full Screen :

In this way the player would admire/consult the map in all its beauty-magnificence, possibly also with a more powerful zoom for such a giant map :
as result, a great overall graphic impact, making also a first real significant advance from the old 2006-fashion map.

Also Mind Ark would get a nice hidden "profit" from that, because when a player decides to consult the map in maximum dimension, a Full Screen map, he/she cannot see what happens in the surroundings (including the case when mobs suddenly attack, while the player is busy consulting the full screen map).

2) Adding Permanent Waypoints on the map , and/or Permanent Marks (meaning in this last case just "drawings" on the map, not real "waypoints" as intended currently) :
imagine that i am a hunter with my favourite hunting spots, or a miner with my beloved mining sites. It would be great to add in my map some permanent waypoints and/or marks
("permanent" because they are meant to stay even when you log-off the game, until you modify or delete them).

With the possibility to give them a Name/Description (example : "My favourite Trox place", "My best mining spot").
And also choosing the graphic appearance/color/dimension of each permanent waypoint/mark so to customize them as much as possible...

There is also another "Chapter" of my MAP-Proposals, but that will be a true revolution...
...and i will post that only in a 2nd time, after these 2 initial proposals are discussed :) .

Enjoy,
Paul

Last edited:
+1

I would love to be able to have a bigger in game map. In some games you can get it fullscreen, that would certainly be nice.
I would also love to have permanent waypoints/pins that don't give a distance like a current one, but ones you can attach a small note to.
Zooming in would be nice too, I do feel like it needs one extra zoom.

Also, save map settings in regards to teleporters. When I use the teleporter I always zoom out and click where I need to go (on Arkadia). I'd like to see the map always zoomed out, and always at the same size I last used it. (speaking of, it would be nice for the game to save the chat window resolution/size. I always have to resize the chat window to my liking when I log in.

+1

Especially for pinpoint TP jumps when you're hunting and have a mob half dead.

I agree with both suggestions. It is kind of ancient as it is and shouldnt be to hard to make suggested changes to.
I can't see any economical implications. Just a more user friendly map interface. It would be a time saver not having to zoom in and out so much. And saving my own coords and naming of the coords in the map would be awesome.

For tp jumps typing out actual coordinates would be nice..

As for economics well paid ads for shops with a directory logo and inventory list popup might be interesting... don't want the ads ? Done option for that but ads pay u more loot like old McDonald's ad system

+1

I would love to be able to have a bigger in game map.
In some games you can get it fullscreen, that would certainly be nice.

Yes, a more powerful zoom for the Full Screen Map was somehow implicit in my idea,
but instead it should be explicited like you do, so i will add it in my original post.

Mastermesh :

"typing out actual coordinates would be nice"

"Typing the coordinates" is another theme that I had already considered, and yesterday forgot to mention it in my original proposals.

Currently when we players search for some coordinates on the map we have to move the cursor on the map in a really tedious trial-and-error process, until we find the exact coordinates ; instead there could be a simple Coordinate-Search-Engine :

you write the 2 coordinates , for example 75000,86000 , and this new "Map Search Engine" shows the requested point on the map, without further need to surf or zoom the map.

Time required : 1 second instead of many seconds of disappointing trial-and-error attempts.

Enjoy,

Paul

Last edited:
proposal for a New TT Item : the Full Teleporter List Pack .

OK, as anticipated, here i present my last proposal to improve the current in-game map.

In the 1st message of this thread we have seen my 2 proposals :
one proposal is about the maximum dimension of the map,
and the second proposal is about the introduction of permanent waypoints and/or permanent marks in the map.

In the following messages of this thread, I have added a minor feature, yet interesting and very easy to implement :
a Map Search Engine, where you type the coordinates of interest and the result is clearly shown in the map, without further need to navigate or zoom the map.
A bit like what happens in Google Maps, to provide a comparison.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW I introduce my last proposal, at least as important as the previous ones :
a new TT item, so an item sold by TT (Trade Terminals) : the "Full Teleporter List Pack" ;

that is the Full List of all the teleporters of the planet, in our case Calypso,
automatically added to the Player's map, and automatically updated in case of new teleporters appearing in the future .

Why I imagined this item buyable by the Players :

Because I discovered that even many long term Players have not collected all teleporters of the planet/planets, and very probably they will never do it.
I myself completed the teleporter list of Calypso only recently, after many years after the creation of my account.

And if this happens to many experienced Players, logically the situation is far worse for recent Players.

Collecting all the teleporters available opens many possibilities for the Players, and also for the economy of the planet :
a Player stuck in a limited zone of the planet enjoys less the game (and thus probably will spend less money).
A Player that can travel throughout the entire planet by current teleporters, can get the best from that planet in terms of Gameplay and possibilities.

Currently the only way to complete the teleporter list of the planet is to spend a lot of time, and probably a bit of money, to travel through the planet and get each teleporter one by one :
as we have seen, this is a long and uncertain process, that many players will NEVER complete.

With my proposed new TT item , the "Full Teleporter List Pack", the Game will offer to any Player the possibility to purchase, and add to the map, the Full List of the Teleporters of one planet, automatically updated in case of new teleporters added ,
thus saving a lot of time and at an interesting, reasonable cost (I imagined a fair price of 50-100 ped, like the old Gold Cards).

If Implemented, this new feature will open many new possibilities to the Players, and expand greatly their experience within the game.

I am sure that Mind Ark will consider this subject :)

Paul

Last edited:
Pack idea is interesting but what about when they add more t.p. later... does pack cover that? To make it interesting add unlimited t.p. chip level 3 to the pack... user bound of course.

Pack idea is interesting but what about when they add more t.p. later... does pack cover that?

Hi Mastermesh, glad that you like my idea.

About the question you make on the updates of the Teleporter List Pack, the answer is "Yes" as already stated :

"NOW I introduce my last proposal, at least as important as the previous ones :
a new TT item, the "Full Teleporter List Pack" ;

that is the full list of all the teleporters of the planet, in our case Calypso,
automatically added to the players's map, and automatically updated in case of new teleporters appearing in the future."

"With my proposed new TT item , the "Full Teleporter List Pack", the game will offer to the player the possibility to purchase, and add to the map, the Full List of the Teleporters of one planet, automatically updated in case of new teleporters added, saving a lot of time, at an interesting reasonable cost
(I imagined a fair price of 50-100 ped, like the old Gold Cards)."

I hope my proposals help MindArK in their quest for success :
as player and also owner of Calypso Land Deeds I am with them 100%

Paul

Dude, do you even VU 9.x vs VU 10.x?

Hi All :) ,

having been ingame since 2004, there is one aspect of the game that i have found as quite constant :
the map and its appearence, and even its dimension.

It is more or less the same it was in 2005-2006.

This game has improved a lot through years : graphics, sounds, concepts, missions. But the map no.
The map never changes.

So i have thought some changes/improvements that i guess many of you will appreciate :

1) Maximum Dimension of the map :

as i wrote, nowadays it is the same it was in 2005-2006.
I would suggest/appreciate the possibility to extend the map to the Full Screen :

In this way the player would admire/consult the map in all its beauty-magnificence, possibly also with a more powerful zoom for such a giant map :
as result, a great overall graphic impact, making also a first real significant advance from the old 2006-fashion map.

Also Mind Ark would get a nice hidden "profit" from that, because when a player decides to consult the map in maximum dimension, a Full Screen map, he/she cannot see what happens in the surroundings (including the case when mobs suddenly attack, while the player is busy consulting the full screen map).

2) Adding Permanent Waypoints on the map , and/or Permanent Marks (meaning in this last case just "drawings" on the map, not real "waypoints" as intended currently) :
imagine that i am a hunter with my favourite hunting spots, or a miner with my beloved mining sites. It would be great to add in my map some permanent waypoints and/or marks
("permanent" because they are meant to stay even when you log-off the game, until you modify or delete them).

With the possibility to give them a Name/Description (example : "My favourite Trox place", "My best mining spot").
And also choosing the graphic appearance/color/dimension of each permanent waypoint/mark so to customize them as much as possible...

There is also another "Chapter" of my MAP-Proposals, but that will be a true revolution...
...and i will post that only in a 2nd time, after these 2 initial proposals are discussed :) .

Enjoy,
Paul

Pack idea is interesting but what about when they add more t.p. later... does pack cover that? To make it interesting add unlimited t.p. chip level 3 to the pack... user bound of course.

Here's a crazy suggestion, how about instead of shitting on the economy with unnecessary loot packs that we add it to the loot instead of the usual shrapnel? I know, everyone just *loves* getting shrapnel in loot instead of items. :rolleyes:

Back