Question: Confused

NPV

Alpha
Banned
Naming Policy Violation
Hi

well I'm bit confused now and I crafted my fair bit.

Today got Success on item that was a lot lower than near success.

http://imgur.com/a/eYqTr

Was it because of blueprint drop?

Usualy this one gives Success on 13PED+ as listed above.

yea, was Vivo T10.

I got plenty "boosted" prints before, but this I noticed first time.

Entropia is Dynamic.

Forgive for late response...

I agree with Haruto Rat. I guess too that markups are fairly used to balance output.

Below I have brought more of thoughts on meanings of “success”, “fail” and “near success”. Yeah, “near success” is one of most complex ones to read meaning.

Meaning of "Success" is simple: you have succeeded to craft item. I'm sure no other meanings are set to this term used to define craft results. It could be wrong to attach to it meaning of "you have succeeded to profit" - some prints bring to fail on profits even after "success" (I count markups).

Little bit of complexity added to meaning of "Fail": it means really "double fail", 1) fail to produce an item and 2) fail to have any remnants, I think I never had other than 0.00, even no blueprints.

High complexity is with "Near success", though it always means major fail, i.e. that you have failed to produce blueprint title item. On near success cases you will always have something but besides an item of title of blueprint you picked; you will have at least 0.01PED of metal/enmatter/oil or other residue as the result in worst case, but frequently it will be some part of input materials returned with or without residue in pack. Surprising cases of near success are when you are getting more of materials than your input. It happens to have several times more of initial input materials on output if you pick to click on condition, etc 100 Ignisium ingots returned after click compared to 20 Ignisium ingots on recipe. EU technologies are shocking and bring to materialize "dark matter" or "dark energy" :D. These are good technologies allowing crafter to have not so hard negative impact while trying to have better condition of manufactured item (=higher TT on it etc, or item designed in gemstones :D). Near success is used as fair balancing factor of your craft. Though rates/ratios of "Success", "Fail" and "Near success" are also used on balancing. It not much matters for me what are numbers at "Near success" or "Success", but matters final result - count of items crafted, TT on these and all other remainings of input materials (at markups). If you will craft dyneras on condition you probably will see even more shocking results on TT(or at market!) showing better results of “near success” than “success” :D. I guess. My advice not to test it. On condition you will have high rate of 0.00.

Last edited:
Surprising cases of near success are when you are getting more of materials than your input. It happens to have several times more of initial input materials on output if you pick to click on condition

I spent many days thinking at this. I noticed it firs in 2008 or so when clicking on condition oa 101 I had a near succes of 100 ped tt. Also fails seems to be of two kinds, similar to "missed" vs. "mob evade". But is very hard to pinpoint, especially given influence of CoS, skills, QR and quality-cond.

Back