Info: Dissolution of Age of Enlightenment

Status

Alainax

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Bonnie
Good afternoon,

It is with a heavy heart that I annouce here today the dissolution of the society Age of Enlightenment. The society has been active since 2011, with the simple ethos of treating members fairly and enjoying the game.

Our motto was "An Enlightened Society recognizes the individuals as the source from which all its own power and authority are derived, and treats them accordingly."

In light of this, I believe in recent times I have not been able to do the society and more important the members, my friends, justice. I have not had the extra time required to be a true society leader. It has taken me a long time to come to this conclusion, but with my young son, running a company and currently 6 months pregnant I do not see that I will be able to commit the required time in the forseeable future.

For me the game is all about good friends and enjoying each others company, and I am forever optimistic that this will continue regardless. I feel stepping down as a leader will allow me to find more relaxed enjoyment in the game, whilst not harbouring the guilt of letting my soc down.

I have spoken my decision through with our society colonels but we do have a few inactive members. I am posting this today in order that if any who was inactive wishes to know what happened, the information is accesible.

If anyone wishes to discuss this with me, I am still online in game and active on PCF.

Several members have already been welcomed to an affiliated society, in which I am sure they will continue both friendships and activities.

Last edited:
Wish you all the best with the new baby!!!

It's hard to let go the reins, but sometimes it is the only sensible thing, it cannot have been easy. But good luck to you and all those who were in your soc in your new ventures.
Gratz on all you have achieved so far, and especially on your news of another little one on the way.

Good luck to all of you. One question, couldn't you have stepped down instead of dissolving the society?

Status
Back