Help: Sound through monitor speakers

Trifle

CND Trader
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Suzanne Trifle Gizmos
I use win 7 64 bit. I have a samsung monitor with speakers build in. Up till now I didnt use those but I used my headphones. Now I want to be afk more but I still like to hear pm's coming in. Thus I want my entropia sounds through the monitor speakers. In the volume mixer from windows 7 I ticker the speakers, but it doesnt show entropia in appications, system sounds / windows desltop gadgets / firefox work perfectly fine with sounds and they show up as applications.

Does anyone know how to get the sound from EU through the speakers? And no after appointing the right speakers no more eu sound through my headphones anymore

Oh and I can;t relog right now to try again cause the launch button is gray and I dont wanna leave EU yet for the day :p

Haven't used win7 for years, but it should be similar to win10. Go to control panel and then sounds, you will have a list of outputs. Right click and default the one you want to use, you can test if you aren't sure which output.

Note some sound software won't use rear outputs if you have headphones in the front ports

AFAIK, Entropia will only play sounds through the "default audio device" -- media players such as VLC and Kodi have their own audio output settings.

To change the default audio device, right-click the speaker/volume icon on the taskbar and select Playback Devices. The current default device will have a green checkmark on the icon.

Haven't used win7 for years, but it should be similar to win10. Go to control panel and then sounds, you will have a list of outputs. Right click and default the one you want to use, you can test if you aren't sure which output.

Note some sound software won't use rear outputs if you have headphones in the front ports

That is exactly what I have done.

I have removed my headphones, they were plugged in in the back through usb. Doesn;t make a difference, still no sound from EU through the speakers and still doesnt show up in volume mixer

AFAIK, Entropia will only play sounds through the "default audio device" -- media players such as VLC and Kodi have their own audio output settings.

To change the default audio device, right-click the speaker/volume icon on the taskbar and select Playback Devices. The current default device will have a green checkmark on the icon.

The default device is the monitor speaker and works perfectly for everything except eu.

Well I am one step further, in Options window in EU, under voice chat I changed the speakers to the right one. Now it shows up in windows volume mixer. But still no sound :confused::confused:

I'm sure you know, but EU doesn't show in the Volume Mixer unless it is running.
Only thing I think that might be causing issue might be bad combination of volume settings...? Maybe in-game settings or volume mixer settings too low for EU compared to other programs?

I'm sure you know, but EU doesn't show in the Volume Mixer unless it is running.
Only thing I think that might be causing issue might be bad combination of volume settings...? Maybe in-game settings or volume mixer settings too low for EU compared to other programs?

Ye I know that but I am trying to figure this out while EU is running :) I cant relog though cause the launch button is grey so that would mean I can;t get back into the game anymore today.

And yes EU is on 67 in the volume mixer whilst the other programs are at 30.

There has to be a solution in EU regarding to this I think since everything else works mighty fine :confused:

EDIT: thank you snow leopard, I just rebooted the whole comp. I pressed launch and than I had sound! But than an error logging in. I guess the security code with the mobile app has problems again :(

Last edited:
not sure if it's possible with entropia... but with vlc I can set up tv as a second monitor to play movies and the hdmi connection ports the sounds over to the tv... haven't tried it with Entropia but suspect it'd do likewise if you have the right settings set up.

not sure if it's possible with entropia... but with vlc I can set up tv as a second monitor to play movies and the hdmi connection ports the sounds over to the tv... haven't tried it with Entropia but suspect it'd do likewise if you have the right settings set up.

I got two computers running, no room for another monitor on the desk:D But I got it working now. Seemed under voicechat I had to put the right speakers

What you can do... is open entropia with sound set on speakers. Then turn on headphones and change playback to headphones. EU will still come through speakers. But anything else, like teamspeak, will come through headphones.

This is how I play currently.

What you can do... is open entropia with sound set on speakers. Then turn on headphones and change playback to headphones. EU will still come through speakers. But anything else, like teamspeak, will come through headphones.

This is how I play currently.

Ah smart thinking :)

Back