PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

System Requirements and Account Security Notification

In light of the recent malware and ransomware attacks, including WannaCry, MindArk has performed a comprehensive review of its security policies and procedures.

In order to ensure an appropriate level of account security for our customers, MindArk has decided to discontinue support for Windows XP and older operating systems starting in Q4 of 2017.

We urge any Entropia Universe participants still using Windows XP or older versions of Windows to upgrade their operating systems within the next several months. MindArk will provide information and support once the upgrade deadline approaches later this year.

Account security is MindArk’s highest priority; we appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping to keep Entropia Universe safe and secure for all participants.

We also encourage all participants to secure their Entropia Universe accounts with the Entropia Pocket two-factor security system.

Klas Moreau
    CEO MindArk

Originally Posted Here

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Paul Jetman Masters
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In light of the recent malware and ransomware attacks, including WannaCry, MindArk has performed a comprehensive review of its security policies and procedures.
    In order to ensure an appropriate level of account security for our customers, MindArk has decided to discontinue support for Windows XP and older operating systems starting in Q4 of 2017.
    We urge any Entropia Universe participants still using Windows XP or older versions of Windows to upgrade their operating systems within the next several months. MindArk will provide information and support once the upgrade deadline approaches later this year.
    Account security is MindArkís highest priority; we appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping to keep Entropia Universe safe and secure for all participants.
    We also encourage all participants to secure their Entropia Universe accounts with the Entropia Pocket two-factor security system.

Klas Moreau
    CEO MindArk

Originally Posted Here
    fair enough, any chance DX11 will be implented as XP is gone?

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Orly?
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Suzanne Trifle Gizmos
    Society
    Soldiers of Fortune
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Orly?
    Ofcourse it is that good even we get locked out from logging in

Marauder
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max HardWrath Mayhem
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Account security is MindArkís highest priority; we appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping to keep Entropia Universe safe and secure for all participants.

Klas Moreau
    CEO MindArk

Originally Posted Here
    The link provided for Entropia Pocket says 404 Not Found

I've been away from the game for some time. How is Entropia Pocket better than my Gold Card?
    Player Register: Max HardWrath Mayhem

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Paul Jetman Masters
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HardWrath View Post
    The link provided for Entropia Pocket says 404 Not Found

I've been away from the game for some time. How is Entropia Pocket better than my Gold Card?
    more portable
    no hardware needs to be posted out, just need iPhone, Android (or google Authenicator on Windows Phone)
    no syncing issues due to codes going out of order, as long as your date and time are correct it should always be in sync
    plus they sent notifications when events start

downside, it makes a loud bloop noise when you open it or renew code, it can't be muted unless you mute the phone... i hate that noise

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max HardWrath Mayhem
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jetman View Post
    more portable
    no hardware needs to be posted out, just need Iphone, Android (or google Authenicator on Windows)
    no syncing issues due to codes going out of sync, as long as your date and time is correct it will always be in sync
    I don't know. If its not broken, I don't want to fix it. I've had the same Gold Card since 2005... literally the same piece of plastic and the words "Project Entropia" are almost completely worn off. It works fine.. no issues.
    Player Register: Max HardWrath Mayhem

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Paul Jetman Masters
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HardWrath View Post
    I don't know. If its not broken, I don't want to fix it. I've had the same Gold Card since 2005... literally the same piece of plastic and the words "Project Entropia" are almost completely worn off. It works fine.. no issues.
    while GC is supported, there is no reason to change really, i moved as there were times i wanted access to the web side at work, but card was at home

as GC is totally unconnected to the net, its much more secure. only way its gonna be compromised is if its stolen physically, your GC is cloned (afaik all readers are the same, its just the GC that is unique) or someone gets the formula/list of generated codes

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lazer"LAZZ" Nero
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    I stick to my GC so i can logg in...
    To keep Entropia safe is good but if that mean we cant logg in, it dont sound as a good solution

Hi, your account was created on the following date 2004-09-26.
    Regards,
    Entropia Support

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mannanan Mac y Lir
    Blog Entries
    Images

Klas Moreau
    CEO MindArk

Originally Posted Here
    I read the most machines that were affected were running Windows 7, are you going to stop supporting Windows 7 also?

According to data released today by Kaspersky Lab, roughly 98 percent of the computers affected by the ransomware were running some version of Windows 7, with less than one in a thousand running Windows XP. 2008 R2 Server clients were also hit hard, making up just over 1 percent of infections.

Windows 7 is still by far the most common version of Windows, running on roughly four times as many computers as Windows 10 worldwide. Since more recent versions of Windows arenít vulnerable to WannaCry, it makes sense that most of the infections would hit computers running 7. Still, the stark disparity emphasizes how small of a role Windows XP seems to have played in spreading the infection, despite early concerns about the outdated operating system.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/19/1...tim-statistics

When will you start supporting Linux and Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jetman View Post
    downside, it makes a loud bloop noise when you open it or renew code, it can't be muted unless you mute the phone... i hate that noise
    Another downside is when they fuck up after a patching event and don't have someone verify the App login to realize its broken your locked out of the game for an entire day until MA wakes up and goes to work and realizes they fucked up and fix it.
    > For Sale: Stuff <

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast