System Requirements and Account Security Notification

OS detection is easy.

Go to a command prompt and type SET for an example.

If they use installshield install system for example, they just need to not allow the install or they will let you use at your own risk with a warning and if you ask them for help, they will tell you to upgrade os before any other support given.

Refusing install is the more appropriate choice.

OS detection is easy.

Go to a command prompt and type SET for an example.

Practically, instead of checking the OS version, they could use a version of DirectX that's only availible on let's say Windows 7 (and up).

Doesn't matter the details how it's done or how easy it is. The point was whether it's done deliberately, active denial implemented or not. Haruto's experiment seems to indicate it is, although I'm not sure it's the same thing since server operating systems typically lack advanced graphics support anyway.

Supporting an OS which is no longer maintained by its manufacturer (the patch for WannaCry was an exception) is indeed unreasonable, sad as it is to leave the only decent product MS has made behind. It's like giving a trusty old Mercedes in perfect working condition to the scrap yard, and that while knowing the new ones contain all kinds of black boxes you don't really trust. But this is a business entity and has to make decisions on a different background than a private person.

wanna cry was supposed to infiltrate the network...since we are not in the same network or have "open cifs
shares through SMB" from ma servers..this is not really necessary on the client side..

but its better to not support xp anymore....most xp versions only have 32 bit...and eu only runs smoothly on 64 bit (adressing range etc...)

so its better to move on also for the future of Entropia...

Eddie

I don't have a 'smart' phone.

Please make the program available for windows and linux, I'll be happy to use it.
Naomi

Please make the program available for windows and linux, I'll be happy to use it.
Naomi

or at least 'fix' the type in the code thing so that you don't have to use the qr code if you are using an android emulator or device that doesn't have a camera, etc.

would also be nice if you allowed it to work on more than one device since some folks may have more than one phone, or just want to do webshop junk from time to time on a device that they don't have pocket installed on. (although maybe I should thank you for that since it keeps me from depositing more regularly throughout the week when I'm not near the device I usually use. :) )

Last edited:

Naomi

it might work with bluestacks android emulator, but generally you shouldnt have authenticators on the same machine as your game incase its hijacked. Any device that can download Google or Microsoft Authenticators can work, you dont need Entropia Pocket

however it would be nice if MA added an sms option for non smartphone users, when you log in you get an sms with your one time code

Back