Help: Fresh start?

cenwyn

Guardian
Cenwyn Casparian
Hey, all!

I'm considering coming back to the game. You can say many things about Entropia, but... I love it. I just love it. Sometimes it makes me feel very angry, but no other game has had quite the same impact on me as this.

I've been gone quite some time. Maybe 7 months.

I post in the noob section, because in many ways I am a noob. I have medium or something HP, and so far reached about level 63 laser pistoleer and perhaps level 33 evader. I hate drones and pvp and usually try to stay out of getting dodge points.

I have a budget of around 100 USD a month. I usually go on long breaks when I play out of my budget and it lasts me a few days instead of a month. Many of you know the drill...

I have a gremlin armor (borrowed) and 5b plates. I think I have a SK-50 fap but try to use my herb box to heal between mobs instead, whenever possible.

Does anyone have any tips about what to hunt, how to play, what to do, to be able to play much but still make the 100 USD last a month? Maybe there are new stuff that I have not tried yet...

I saw there was a Kerb bronze mission... Yummy. I have finished the iron.

Thanks for any tips!

I've been playing this game since Dec of 2003 and I will tell you this.

RUN!

jk. If you really want to come back, I would recommend a fresh start on another planet. Particularly depending on what your skill levels are.

150K or less, hit up Arkadia. 150-200k Hit up Calypso. 200k+ Hit up RockTropia.

Do the missions, dailies, etc etc and more or less have fun with it.

I can tell you right now after coming back from a 8 month hiatus that moving to Arkadia has been the best move I have ever made. I've spent 3 days here and I've already globalled like 9 times w/ 3 HOF's and numerous minis on specific mobs just by simply grinding out the missions.

$100/month is doable, but if you're dependant on having to deposit every single month then you probably want to find a better way to play a bit more eco (no offense) so that you don't have to deposit so much monthly.

Best of luck out there,
Fiona

Thanks for good advice.

Current skill level is around 190K.

Yes, maybe it's time to go to Arkadia again... I love it there, but last time the mobs where very angry with me and did not at all want to share their wealth.

I am trying to lay off my WoW-type kind of playing, since that is definitely not eco. Trying my best :D But it's sooo boring.

Thanks for good advice.

Current skill level is around 190K.

Yes, maybe it's time to go to Arkadia again... I love it there, but last time the mobs where very angry with me and did not at all want to share their wealth.

I am trying to lay off my WoW-type kind of playing, since that is definitely not eco. Trying my best :D But it's sooo boring.

In the past recent months there has been many new additions of weapons that are eco for a rather good buck,

I used the new Adjusted Justifier MK.II for a period of time in arkadia underground, together with an expensive Improved A105 amp.

With the nanites that dropped in there it really made me able to profit after selling the nanites for current MU, (at the time.. about 2-3 months ago AFAIR), although that set up costs around 2k-2.5k depending on tier of the MK.II adjusted, and the amp I used costed +1.7k alone. That's a few months saving, but I had fun using them.

Now I have decided to upgrade and go for BLP to increase my total skill count so I bought the Dante amp and some long range blp rifles (SIB maxed, ALWAYS). Do not try to persuit the hofs, that way you will lose. What you should do is hunt mobs that are known to drop certain MU items which can turn a negative TT return into a profit hunt, that's why I found Arkadia underground very good. Nanites drops, as well as more (L) weapons compared to Calypso from my experience, and they sell faster on Arkadia.

Hunt for MU, don't hunt for HoF entries.

The HOFs will come in time ;)

I've been playing this game since Dec of 2003 and I will tell you this.

RUN!

jk. If you really want to come back, I would recommend a fresh start on another planet. Particularly depending on what your skill levels are.

150K or less, hit up Arkadia. 150-200k Hit up Calypso. 200k+ Hit up RockTropia.

Do the missions, dailies, etc etc and more or less have fun with it.

I can tell you right now after coming back from a 8 month hiatus that moving to Arkadia has been the best move I have ever made. I've spent 3 days here and I've already globalled like 9 times w/ 3 HOF's and numerous minis on specific mobs just by simply grinding out the missions.

$100/month is doable, but if you're dependant on having to deposit every single month then you probably want to find a better way to play a bit more eco (no offense) so that you don't have to deposit so much monthly.

Best of luck out there,
Fiona

havent heard such a bullshit advice in a long time. why should someone go to caly with 200k skills+? theres enough mobs everywhere on each planet (dont count NI in here) apart from toulan, that offers a wide variety of mobs for each skill set. and the best MU is certainly not on caly. and RT is on boycott by a lot of people as well, which makes it hard to sell most of the stuff.

havent heard such a bullshit advice in a long time. why should someone go to caly with 200k skills+? theres enough mobs everywhere on each planet (dont count NI in here) apart from toulan, that offers a wide variety of mobs for each skill set. and the best MU is certainly not on caly. and RT is on boycott by a lot of people as well, which makes it hard to sell most of the stuff.

So what would your advice be? Since someone elses advice is bullshit? Give us your advice oww allmighty bullshitcaller...

Well, the skill levels are quite inadequate for choosing which planet to stay on, but other than that, I found Fiona's advice quite good.

More input needed! I need to check out these new weapons... Any updated guides somewhere?

I have been known to chase the HoFs... It rarely works :D I think my strategy this time will be different.

Back