[Price Check] Shop at Omegaton Gamma Complex

tobeyrowe

Old
Hi, how much are shops worth at Omegaton DELTA complex? I am looking to buy one and I was wondering how much they normally go for? Please comment and let me know as soon as possible before I buy. Thank you.

Sorry I put Gamma but I meant Delta.

Last edited:
If it's in a good location on the TP or service center side, going rate is probably 7k - 12k... If it's on the opposite side of the building, it's probably a hell of a lot lower.... Probably in the 3-4k range.

The going rate is probably at least twice higher than what the actual price should be imho...

My advice is DON'T DO IT!

I used to own a shop in Omegaton Delta as well as a booth behind it and a few apartments upstairs. Foot traffic there is mighty low... it may have improved since that time, but I highly doubt it... Also, the shops there are a bit of a pain to stock since the display area is outside of the building, so you have to run around in circles to restock everything... (unless invisible wall bug hits and you can ghost through the wall)

The graphic quality on Omegaton has actually gone down in my humble opinion since Mindark's let the weeds start growing bigger in the basements... (that's an indication that Mindark isn't paying much attention to the level of detail here when dropping the 3d models of the buildings down, so you may eventually end up with another 'sand trap' or upside down booth or a booth or shop that is nonfunctional as has happened in the past since history often repeats itself with Mindark)

(below are images from the past and Mindark did fix some of them already but it took me months and months and many support tickets to get them to even do that...)
beta-boothupside.jpg
omegaton-beta1.jpg
beta.jpg

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-item-points&p=3479065&viewfull=1#post3479065 - 2016 thread about shops/booths not working

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ems-in-booth&p=3449284&viewfull=1#post3449284 - another 2016 thread about same issue

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ers-forgoten&p=2140311&viewfull=1#post2140311 - 2009 thread about the issue the first time it happened that I was aware of (actually I think it happened before then too but wasn't posted about much way back in those ancient days)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Mega-Shop!-)&p=2625393&viewfull=1#post2625393 - thread about when Mindark made a boo boo and actually went opposite direction and let booths and shops have nearly unlimited item slots for a few months since they don't know how the hell to code things behind the scenes when it comes to estates...

There's still at least one or two buildings there that Mindark's never sold the shops to, so you are buying yourself in to a ghost town that Mindark has purposefully created imho if you buy in there... and you are buying yourself in to a spot that market will get flooded with later if Mindark ever does decide to throw all of the other shop deeds for in the town on the auction at the same time down the road...

I wish I'd known that going in way back in... but I foolishly believed the huge ass sign there at the time "Build your future here" my A$$...

Instead, keep saving your peds and buy a 'real' shop like one in Twin, or on another planet in a better location,
or do as I've started doing and start buying apartments to throw shopkeepers on every planet in til you can afford a big upgrade like that.

I really wish I had the peds a few months back when the booth in front of CND on RT was for sale... What's nice about Rocktropia, even though it's a fairly low populated planet, is that the item points there are insanely high... My two apartments on RT give me 410 item points each, and if I'd kept that bidding war up on the auction for the penthouse a few months back that one apartment has over 600 item points in one deed alone... The shops downstairs in Tangerine are similar with insanely high item points vs shops on Calypso and elsewhere... I could be wrong but if you are looking to build big eventually, Omegaton ain't the place to be... at least not for another decade or so until Mindark creates the shop directory and releases ALL of the estates on Omegaton that they've been holding on to preciously for some dumb reason for over a decade now (even though it was promised that they would release more shops a very long time ago)

P.S. If you buy the 'corner' shop 'A1' it's the one I used to own... Mindark kindly upgraded the item points in there for 'free' before the deed left my hands... I was talking to them about an upgrade in the future potentially, but we never actually 'cut the deal' and a few months after that they did it for free without me ever spending a ped, so just throwing that out there in case current owner tries to throw that at you as a reason to buy that particular spot saying he or she paid to have it upgraded...

(I should have kept the place for that sole reason as it's more in value than Mindark will likely ever give me back in loot returns, but I sold off all of the deeds in that building for a lot lower than I ever should have for a quick sale because I had a hell of a lot of taxes to pay off irl that year... I do regret it a bit, but not really since making another avatar feel like they got the 'deal of the century' beats fighting the irs any damn day. Luckily, Karma can be nice to those that help out others since my recent acquisition on Arkadia landed me a lot of really nice furniture including a few animal carpets and a fireplace as a free housewarming gift from the previous owner - Thanks if you are reading this! :) :))

(also, call me biased as a planet hopping apartment owner, but the wall paper and flooring on Omegaton are horrible, as is the quality of the lighting there... go do a time lapse video over the course of a day and night cycle on both the inside and outside of a shop there and you'll start seeing what I mean... the 5:00 shadows are horrible since they impact the inside of the building, even though there's no actual 'windows' there to make that happen, so it makes lighting the place a major hassle if you do buy it. The 1960s or 1970s style look to it is insanely outdated vs building looks on other planets or other locations on Calypso and the brown carpeting clashes with just about every carpet or rug item in game)

Last edited:
I don't have any opinion on Omegaton specifically but I want loudly reinforce the importance of location on shop viability and therefore value.

If you don't have passing traffic you need to find some way to drive customers to your shop and keep them coming back. The ingame advertising system is kinda crap and not everyone uses the forums so how are you going to build up your market?

My suggestion is that you spend some time (or pay a bunch of noobies) to hang around the vicinity of your shop, and of the nearest tp and monitor avatar activity. If there is bugger all visitors to the area then you better have plan to get people to your shop or you are throwing peds away. Also pick a high profile shop area (eg twins mall, PA Mall) and do some equivalent monitoring there - these things are relative after all.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Back