Selling: Rowe's Space Fleet Investment

Meanwhile i change my plan . Now i want to beat the boss - looking for cash peds and some high end items .

Ps that guy cleary think all of you for potatoes :D

Why? I'm only filling my global free time here in threads :D

As a former Privateer warp taxi pilot of 3 or 4 years experience, I can tell you firstly, that its not easy to make a profit doing VIP warps. Charge 25 ped for a one warp trip, expenses first of all is your warp drive (150 ped tt and ~ 600 ped with MU the last time I checked) 3 ped TT decay per warp + MU = about 9 or 10 peds cost per warp. Plus other "incidentals" oil, repair tools, wire and planet fees to say nothing of the cost of upgrading the ships SI which I doubt you have considered at all.

secondly, this idea has been floated by others before and gone nowhere because basically, you are asking people to give you peds but offer no security for said peds and most people just won't do that.

As a former Privateer warp taxi pilot of 3 or 4 years experience, I can tell you firstly, that its not easy to make a profit doing VIP warps. Charge 25 ped for a one warp trip, expenses first of all is your warp drive (150 ped tt and ~ 600 ped with MU the last time I checked) 3 ped TT decay per warp + MU = about 9 or 10 peds cost per warp. Plus other "incidentals" oil, repair tools, wire and planet fees to say nothing of the cost of upgrading the ships SI which I doubt you have considered at all.

secondly, this idea has been floated by others before and gone nowhere because basically, you are asking people to give you peds but offer no security for said peds and most people just won't do that.

Okay well what would be the most profitable thing to do then? I am asking because I would like to learn since the more I know the better I can run the business.

Okay well what would be the most profitable thing to do then? I am asking because I would like to learn since the more I know the better I can run the business.

Warp taxi. Organizing space hunts, but I don't think that there is enough interest in that to generate constant profit though that may change if and when we get the "big space update" but since been waiting for the cargo missions for, what? 2 years now? so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Warp taxi. Organizing space hunts, but I don't think that there is enough interest in that to generate constant profit though that may change if and when we get the "big space update" but since been waiting for the cargo missions for, what? 2 years now? so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Okay thank you. Also like I mentioned before I know I am not offering any sort of security for the PEDs as far as having the investors know that I am not scamming but the best I can do to help is by giving my contact information out which I did. Unless you know of another way?

Okay thank you. Also like I mentioned before I know I am not offering any sort of security for the PEDs as far as having the investors know that I am not scamming but the best I can do to help is by giving my contact information out which I did. Unless you know of another way?

IRL a person starting a business is usually expected to start by investing his/her own money and only looking for investors when the business is proven to be profitable and money is required for expansion. Of course, there are exceptions where someone has a truly unique proposition, investors may put money in the hope of profits later. Thats HRHR (High risk high return) investing. What you are proposing is neither unique or particularly profitable, (though you CAN make a profit if you are careful) You should buy the ship with your own money and just run it without bothering with all this because this idea won't fly as is.

ofc I realise that you're only doing this because you don't have the $4 -5000 (40 - 50k peds) needed to buy a ship with halfway decent SI but you'll not get one this way either. But good luck with it - you'll need it. :)

Imagine the following Situation:

You invite all of your FRIENDS to a Party and ask them, to invest in your business idea. You want to buy a food truck for $10k with a potential profit of $5 for them (by day). You will do all the work and they will get a continious income from it. You have not analysed the market, but the current owner from the truck (who want to get it away) told you, how easy you will get a $10 a day, in a Business model what have failed here often.

Option 1: They give you the funds
Option 2: They don't because they dont trust in this business model

The good Point here is, that FRIENDS know you and you (hopefully) dont have the 3rd Option: No, cause they don't trust you.

Back to Topic.. When you still belive in your idea.. Why don't ask your Family/friends and make a depo?

Imagine the following Situation:

You invite all of your FRIENDS to a Party and ask them, to invest in your business idea. You want to buy a food truck for $10k with a potential profit of $5 for them (by day). You will do all the work and they will get a continious income from it. You have not analysed the market, but the current owner from the truck (who want to get it away) told you, how easy you will get a $10 a day, in a Business model what have failed here often.

Option 1: They give you the funds
Option 2: They don't because they dont trust in this business model

The good Point here is, that FRIENDS know you and you (hopefully) dont have the 3rd Option: No, cause they don't trust you.

Back to Topic.. When you still belive in your idea.. Why don't ask your Family/friends and make a depo?

I would ask friends or family but they are not gaming people and don't understand it so it would be pointless to ask them. And I will be making a deposit to help fund it as well like I already mentioned I'm going to be putting money into it too. I'm not expecting the investors to put in all the money into it.

Okay well what would be the most profitable thing to do then?

In the unlikely case such a piece of valuable information was posted on a public forum, it would soon stop being valuable.

The history of this universe has seen dozens of profitable niches crowded out.

best i can suggest at the moment is learn your market, get a placement on a mothership learn whats involved or buy a Equus/Firebird and run single warps

Also there is a minimum investment of 500 shares or 1,000 PEDs. The reason for this is to keep it at a small amount of people that own ownership in the company so that when dividends are paid out I'm not having to manually pay out a thousand different people each month that the dividends come out on.

maybe laziness is also not the best choice.

In the unlikely case such a piece of valuable information was posted on a public forum, it would soon stop being valuable.

The history of this universe has seen dozens of profitable niches crowded out.

No such valuable information exists :) Renting a ship to hunt space mobs is a good way for the hunter to go broke very fast :D Warp taxi is the only other option and there's nothing secret about that :) If and when we get that space update and/or the cargo missions, things will change though.

Never mind all the arguments against you doing this. You just need to pay attention to MY simple statement.

Warp trips are selling at 10 PEDS right now, and that goes to ANY planet. Some pilots are allowing 24 hours of travel anywhere (numerous trips) for 20 PEDS.

If someone told you he's getting 25 PEDS a trip from people, than I've got this nice, pretty bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you. Trust me - it'd make a good investment!

You need to learn to walk before you even think to run. A good idea is to buy a Equus and train/learn space with it.

best i can suggest at the moment is learn your market, get a placement on a mothership learn whats involved or buy a Equus/Firebird and run single warps

Exactly this. I would suggest working as crew for one of the MS / Priv operators so you have a better understanding of space, before you decide to start a business on that.

I notice that you have made a few threads on various investment plans. Problem is, it is hard for people to invest in someone who has a very low profile.

If more people "see you", the more chances that people MAY decide to trust you with peds (assuming they see you in a positive light).

It looks like someone has been reading about how to get rich investing with OPM (Other peoples money).

Good luck to you and your investors!

PS, You're not going to make a lot of money off a space taxi once they bring back free interplanetary TPs :wtg:

Last edited:
Never mind all the arguments against you doing this. You just need to pay attention to MY simple statement.

Warp trips are selling at 10 PEDS right now, and that goes to ANY planet. Some pilots are allowing 24 hours of travel anywhere (numerous trips) for 20 PEDS.

If someone told you he's getting 25 PEDS a trip from people, than I've got this nice, pretty bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you. Trust me - it'd make a good investment!

You need to learn to walk before you even think to run. A good idea is to buy a Equus and train/learn space with it.

I sold my ship last year, one reason, (but not the main one) being it was getting really difficult to find customers and if the above is correct, it was the right thing to do. But, for your information, 25 ped was and still is the standard VIP warp fee charged by the several ppl who are still in the business.Some charge 20, some, (at least one,) 30 ped. They still get customers partly because they have been doing it for years and people know and trust them.

Lotta good advice so far given. As for getting on a crew to learn the ropes don't do that if u are not actually interested in skilling... do however investigate how it all works. Monria has a mothership that gives free weekly warps to apartment dwellers there... number one reason I bought an apt there. Look in to it. Nice crew to learn things from since they are community oriented...

(p.s. info on my apartment rental program is here - may potentially be willing to sell the Monrian apartment for the right price. :) PM if interested )

Currently there's only one mothership for sale that I've seen in the forums lately... Perhaps best way to go forward would be to get a loan from the bank irl and buy that... then get your service up and running a few months... if it doesn't work out well, sell that puppy off and try something else. For the right price, maybe he'll let you test drive it a bit to try before you buy. One thing we don't have enough of in game is safe mothership travel available 24/7... Some ms pilots are always on, but whether they are on the planet you need them to be and going to the planet you want them to be is another issue...

Last edited:
Didn't read the whole thread but a few thoughts.

For 200k ped I could buy a mothership and a privateer and a decent stockpile of warp drives and with the remaining 50k ped I would be better setup for trading than I ever was when running one of the most profitable warp services at the time.

Profitable however is subjective.....
During that period of my life, my wife and I each put in more;

Time
Energy
Emotion
Commitment

into the project than any 1/2 time job would require, EACH.
We had dozzens of crew who also each put in enormous amounts of time and energy (and were paid well for it)

It was fun, it was a challenge, and I was happy with our success.
However, as profitable and successful as we were, its only value was as a fun hobby. We would have been much better off financially working part time jobs, or even a few hours of OT at our regular jobs a day.

A large part of our business model was doing everything we could to reduce prices in order to maximize profits. The main way of doing this is flying the 1.5hrs slow between planets when you dont have a paying warp customer and building huge networks of clients who appreciated our hard work in getting them VIP flights for the price of 1 warp instead of 2. We would often get tipped 1/2 the price of the warp we saved them, which cost us very very little in fuel to fly slow to get there.

Profit sharing was split between crew, the manager (me), and ship owners (I owned the mothership and a buddy owned the privateer). My wife and I were often the main crew onboard so during those flights we got all three sides of the cut. Our top crewman working for us often made 1000ped a week(month? i forget), but he was online around the clock.

Good luck with your endeavors if you are successful with your fundraising attempts. The thought of a 200k pedcard to plan a space business again almost makes me want to have another go at it :p

(disclaimer, I have been out of the space business a few years so apologies if any of my memories are off)

Hi, I am just letting you all know that I understand what you all are saying and I have decided that I will probably not do this anymore do to the fact that it would require employees and other costs and the profit margins are just not that good according to some of you. But I do have another idea but I will not post about it just yet until I can confirm something with someone in-game. I will make a post about it on here once I talk to the person in-game. Thank you all for your comments and I have learned a lot from this and I hope you all might be interested in my other idea which would be probably easier to run and have more money coming in.

The Warp taxi service is a tough one and you do have to work 24/7 to provide a service to keep customers, cover costs etc.
What you may want to do is invest in a Privateer/Equus or Firebird in preparation for the Galactic Transport missions which will offer rewards to those with the ships to complete them.

The only ones who can secure investments are well known players who are known to be able to back up their investments and those who can not afford to lose their rep. When say Star offers an investment, he can collect 100KPed within a week or so. Players know he is safe by his in game rep.

Join a reputable society that is well known. Get to know veteran players and build your reputation ingame and in PCF.

The Warp taxi service is a tough one and you do have to work 24/7 to provide a service to keep customers, cover costs etc.
What you may want to do is invest in a Privateer/Equus or Firebird in preparation for the Galactic Transport missions which will offer rewards to those with the ships to complete them.

The only ones who can secure investments are well known players who are known to be able to back up their investments and those who can not afford to lose their rep. When say Star offers an investment, he can collect 100KPed within a week or so. Players know he is safe by his in game rep.

Join a reputable society that is well known. Get to know veteran players and build your reputation ingame and in PCF.

Okay, thank you. What society do you think I should join?

Okay well what would be the most profitable thing to do then?

How about you actually play the game?

You have invested zero ped in EU, am I right? Done some sweating, got bored and now heard something here and there and decided to start a business. Do you own a business in real life? Are you even old enough to start a business RL?

Your posts look clueless. Sure, I don't mind that you had 0 globals, or you are trying to make peds by selling someone elses items etc. What I do mind is that you are completely clueless about game mechanics where you trying to start your business in (now canceled plan). How about you try start RL business manufacturing medicine/tools for gene theraphy. Oh you wount? Because you don't know shit about it? But doing same thing, knowing nothing about, in game (using real money too) is ok? :eyecrazy:

I think the best thing for you to do is to forget your plan to start a business here for the next few years. Without mentioning anything that was wrong with you previous plan without any knowledge and your haste to abandon it for your "new idea" I think you have a lot to learn if you don't know which societies ingame are considered reputable.

You have mentioned that you haven't concentrated on hunting or mining, these are basic requirements to build skills and meet other players out in the field. Basic requirements to get into any society of any standing. No society of any standing will accept you at this moment as you are unknown, inexperienced and very publicly looking for a platform to launch your business. No society will gamble its reputation on you even if you did meet their minimum skill requirements.

The best advice I can offer you is forget all this (as its doomed to failure no matter how good you think your idea is) and grab a gun and go have fun for a couple of years. Once you are more experienced in how things actually work here and have built up a personal reputation you might have a chance to start something, but right now that chance is zero.

Reactions: sbi

Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel, perhaps look in to investing your own funds in to other investment funds/scams/schemes in game... If you prefer to use the auction just go talk to Hard(w)rath. ;)

As far as investment scams go... it's always a risky thing... Just go invest in some AUD, CLD, and compet if you really want some type of 'guaranteed' return type of thing...

Clarification about Entropia Banking Operations
Since we released news about the virtual banking licenses, several questions regarding loan services and banking affairs within Entropia Universe have been raised. The main concern has been the lending of items for interest. We feel that we need to clarify our policy about this.
Recently MindArk PE AB issued official virtual banking licenses. These licenses comprise a secured bank system for processing loans and securities in the form of items. All transactions made via this official bank system, such as loans, defaults, securities, interest etc., are safe and as such guaranteed by MindArk.
By contrast, loan services offered outside this official bank system cannot be guaranteed by MindArk. If an item is exchanged between avatars, this transaction will be logged as a regular TRADE. And as all trades are final, MindArk will not investigate claims if a loan giving avatar refuses to return items or money.Many people do not fully understand the true value of their virtual items until they are lost. They will then contact MindArk PE AB for assistance and will realize that we cannot help them; this can cause a lot of unnecessary grief and frustration.
We do not wish to discourage entrepreneurship within Entropia Universe, but based on experiences from community feedback and support case history, unfortunately not all entrepreneurs offering loaning services are trustworthy members of the Entropia Universe and therefore we need to be strict in our policies in order to protect the community from scams and cheating.
Therefore, any loan services offered outside the approved bank system will be considered by MindArk as scam attempts and the avatar offering such services risk a permanent lockdown of his/her account.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...H-amp-R-Circle&p=681145&viewfull=1#post681145

'Fund Scams' As noted above, according to Mindark:
...If an item is exchanged between avatars, this transaction will be logged as a regular TRADE. And as all trades are final, MindArk will not investigate claims if a loan giving avatar refuses to return items or money.
...any loan services offered outside the approved bank system will be considered by MindArk as scam attempts and the avatar offering such services risk a permanent lockdown of his/her account.
so ALL 'funds' where one avatar holds stuff that other avatars are claiming they have ownership of should be considered a potential scam in process... Below are links to Funds that have been mentioned in forums, community websites, etc. (some did turn out to be major scams already, some haven't yet... Be cautious since Mindark considers these sort of setups as 'potential scams' and we, as a community should too unless Mindark's stance on this matter and ability to allow us to have multiple folks own one thing in game (outside of the deed system for Akradia Underground Deeds, Calypso Land Deeds, etc.) ever changes someday... (Honestly, I'm not sure why Mods don't delete every 'fund' thread since Mindark won't stand behind funds as they are scam-bait, unless maybe the Mods themselves are behind one or a few of them?)
*fund*
LA Collaboration Fund
Chiee's EU-FUND - Investment Opportunity
My Money Mint add PEDS to your account value every month!!!
Looking for co-investors in the Cyrene stable
JoshEdward’s Smart Trade Terminal Solution (STTS)
R&R Fund
Thread Related to R&R Fund
NDX
Pirate's Investment Fund
Hardwrath's NBK Fund Payback Post
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...nvert-L-to-PED&p=867769&viewfull=1#post867769

Entropia Investment Fund
Related Thread(s):Did EIFund scammed people?

Last edited:
Edited: Learned OP has rescinded his idea. I withdraw my advice and questions.

Last edited:
How about you actually play the game?

You have invested zero ped in EU, am I right? Done some sweating, got bored and now heard something here and there and decided to start a business. Do you own a business in real life? Are you even old enough to start a business RL?

Your posts look clueless. Sure, I don't mind that you had 0 globals, or you are trying to make peds by selling someone elses items etc. What I do mind is that you are completely clueless about game mechanics where you trying to start your business in (now canceled plan). How about you try start RL business manufacturing medicine/tools for gene theraphy. Oh you wount? Because you don't know shit about it? But doing same thing, knowing nothing about, in game (using real money too) is ok? :eyecrazy:

Hi, I have deposited before about $200 or $300. Also I actually have owned a business in real life before. I owned a small coin and collectables shop that I had for about a year before I shut down because I noticed that when I would get rushed by the customers i would either under or over pay them back in change and i knew I couldn't run a business that way so I shut down the shop. So I'm not that good at handling cash as far as giving change but I am very knowledgeable on business and I had a good running business except for that one issue which I know is a big one for a cash business but this is all virtual and I won't have to deal with cash. So that's one of the reasons why I want to start a business within a virtual world. I know it wont make tons of money at least not at first but I want to have a business of my own in some way shape or form. I am a hard worker and I know how to run a business but of course I am willing to learn different ways and methods if any of the investors wanted to share their ideas on how to make the business better. And by the way I am 18 years old and I owned my own shop when I was 15-16 years old. Of control parents were on the lease of the shop though since I wasn't old enough at the time to have my name on it. Also i decided not to pursue this business because i know that it will be tough to get investors since there won't be a way to legally protect the investors from loss if they felt this is a scam and also as a lot of you pointed out I really don't know enough about the space to actually do the business on my own. Even though I would like to do it and I know I will be able to learn on the go from the investors and employees of the business but that's not something I feel you guys wouldn't want to take a risk in because your already taking a risk of it being a scam (which its not) and also the fact that it may not make any money. So thank you all for your time and I have learned a lot from this experience and also if any of you would still like to communicate with me or add me in-game then please feel free to do so and we can talk and possibly do things with each other in-game. And maybe one day I can come back and try to get you guys to invest in me once you all know me better and I have a better reputation and stuff. And again thank you for your time and please add me if you want in-game.

It will probably help if you fill in more info about your account here, such as your avatar name, etc.

So people get more familiar with you, before you plan any other investment / business ideas for EU.

Back