New Players Should Get +8 Stamina

Lactavius

Young
Lawrence Lactavius Limburger
As a new player, I feel sad, that I have to pay thousands and thousands of PEDs, to get to lvl 9 stamina.

I have to do missions, that take hundreds of hours, only to get ~25 stamina tokens.

People who have played for a longer time have 9 stamina as default.

Discuss.

i run more years without vehicules and teleport chip :ahh: :laugh::laugh:
:nana:

As a new player, I feel sad, that I have to pay thousands and thousands of PEDs, to get to lvl 9 stamina.

I have to do missions, that take hundreds of hours, only to get ~25 stamina tokens.

People who have played for a longer time have 9 stamina as default.

Discuss.

it's a useless attribute.

What else do you have to do?

People always want to get more, I am getting tired of it

I started 12 years ago, no guides, no missions, no freebies, sweating capped, no vehicles, dieing hundreds of times to find a new city, and so on and on

When will we get some thankful people of how much this game actually progressed and not wanting wanting wanting more and more and more (AND FOR FREE!)

Are we back at it over 10 years later? Sure, people who started after 2006 can have +8 stamina if those who started after 2003 get to enjoy the way faster, less logarithmic skilling rate that was in place back then. Applied retroactively, of course. I'm sure that my peers will agree to overlook the issue of "ancient modified loot" - just to have our professional levels doubled overnight would be good enough.

Every next generation of players have some benefits and disadvantages compared to previous ones. How about we all learn to live with that and stop looking back?

Remember those times, years years ago.... being stuck at a Outpost.... for 2 weeks :laugh:

Reactions: das

I started 12 years ago, no guides, no missions, no freebies, sweating capped, no vehicles, dieing hundreds of times to find a new city, and so on and on

When will we get some thankful people of how much this game actually progressed and not wanting wanting wanting more and more and more (AND FOR FREE!)

Well, we assume this player is new and not a forum alt. Of all the things a new player is concerned with, this isnt one of them

Remember those times, years years ago.... being stuck at a Outpost.... for 2 weeks :laugh:

Back then I thought escaping remote outposts was the purpose of the game? :laugh:

While your asking, please ask to be able to outrun mobs again.
and
remove regen
and
remove crits
and
slide around on your butt
and
drop bps on the ground
and
be able to trap mobs
and
skill in acid pools
and
bring back OJs
and

Last edited:
Accidentally press t and you are fucked... no way to cancel teleportation. You have 60 seconds before you're out, cya!

I vote against this, you have alot of things now that we didn't back in the days

Quit bitching and get to skilling.... and all the stuff triff said

Still possible to build stamina through missions...I started in 2012 and now have 17 stamina...that much stamina hasn't made as much difference as skilling in other areas for HP and the only reason I did get this much is the thought that one day stamina might be actually used for something.:yup:

i missed the stamina and started with 1 (now 3) but honestly it doesn't bother me that im a tiny 1hp less.

however i still forsee MA opening stamina up as a normal but very slow to gain skill

This...

And this

Back then I thought escaping remote outposts was the purpose of the game? :laugh:

and
remove regen
and
remove crits
and
and
drop bps on the ground
and
be able to trap mobs
and
skill in acid pools
and
bring back OJs
and

and
remove regen
and
remove crits
and
and
drop bps on the ground
and
be able to trap mobs
and
skill in acid pools
and
bring back OJs
and

You forgot a lot on that list!

remove sync ME, go back to comon ME
remove vehicles as we have had TP chips already
remove Uni Amo
remove shrapnels
bring back sweat cap
bring back ped in loot

aso aso, list still isn´t complete :D

BUT

be careful with your wishes, if they really listen a lot of players will be very pissed (including me, although far away from UBER and started with 1 stamina aswell) and maybe leave, making it worsse for MA, as some of them are heavy depositors, or do you think all those UBERs became UBERs by non-depositing, colecting sweats and doing fruitwalks?

Played since 2001 and I have 12 stamina, I feel sort of noobish :D

Allthough when we startred and had that stamina we had no missions to up it and it doesnt improve naturally

Are we back at it over 10 years later? Sure, people who started after 2006 can have +8 stamina if those who started after 2003 get to enjoy the way faster, less logarithmic skilling rate that was in place back then.

The stamina is a special case as you can't skill it naturally. At least not now.

I woulnd't mind if also the "new" people got 9 stamina.

Imho setting stamina to +1 I consider a "rebalance bug", as the reason for stamina=9 was that you begun with 90 HP. After attribute rebalance it's someting like 87, but it's Close enough to warrant stamina 9. Or stamina 8 if rounded down.

bah, screw it, just put a package of 20 stamina in the webshop. :)

Everything is easier now so don't cry over the missing 8 points, there are quests you can do for free that can give you more than 8 points...

What would change if you had 8 more points? Unfortunately next to nothing :)

Everything is easier now so don't cry over the missing 8 points, there are quests you can do for free that can give you more than 8 points...

Can you give any hint about which missions Award stamina easily nowdays? Nowdays, as after the big mission reward rebalance...

(I don't mean missions like 10000 spiders or 5000 daspletors)

It's worse than that.

People who started after auto-use tool was introduced have much lower chance of having carpal tunnel syndrome, they have to spend thousands and thousands of hours to contract it. Something needs to be done, in the name of 'fairness'.

//Handicapper General

It's worse than that.

People who started after auto-use tool was introduced have much lower chance of having carpal tunnel syndrome, they have to spend thousands and thousands of hours to contract it. Something needs to be done, in the name of 'fairness'.

//Handicapper General

and misses in 1st person costing ammo

and misses in 1st person costing ammo

Well, "autoaim" worked better Before vu10 .)

And misses ("swings in thin air" that is) didn't cost peds if you were using melee (which was an advantage of melee).

Since then (well relatively) aiming with area chips has been nerfed. (Even though those chips probably doesn't even drop nowdays).

As for "carpal tunnel syndrome": The mobs weren't regen back then .) You didn't have to click like a maniac to kill an ambulimax.

Can you give any hint about which missions Award stamina easily nowdays? Nowdays, as after the big mission reward rebalance...

Right, he can't. There's 1 mission (Patrol the Swamp Camp) on 1 Planet and that's it.

Well but there's actually a pretty good idea in what Vagrant says. 8 STA = 1 HP, that's nothing for people who have like 100 HP and up. The only moment where this means anything is right at the very beginning.
So why not make a generous gesture and give newcomers those 8 points back?

Not directly, way better idea is to design a few easy newcomer missions that show the ropes and have 1 point of STA as a reward in the end.

I don't think anybody would have anything against it? It's not like MA would lose anything there either.

Got alot of stamina from the Mang Chang missions on Cyrene (9 I think) for a total kill of 15600, in 5 stages.

Right, he can't. There's 1 mission (Patrol the Swamp Camp) on 1 Planet and that's it.

Removed years ago along with the Swamp Camp. But you can get dozens of points of stamina from missions now, and not only from big mobs or high stages. Also, before the missions rebalance in late 2012 there was more than 15 points available from easy (like 100 fouls, 100 werewolves, 100 sharks; some even were repeatable but were quickly fixed) missions on RT. I missed that all, so if we are going to revise the history, can I have those +15 please? :)

Back