Has anyone been able to geta full suit of Earth Shock armor

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I was just wondering if I understand it correctly. The way I read it when you get a critical hit it is increased by 60% with a full set, it does not increase the hit chance. So if I get a 100 crit-hit that would get another 60 hit points for a total of 160. I know, I know that is how it reads but sometimes MA's English does not translate and I mis-understand.

I have checked a few times at the desk and have not found any for sale but only checked a few times. I suppose it is like the amps that everyone seems to want :).

Yes i have a full set (M) that is close to full tt. It does increase your Crit Damage by 60%, it does not affect your chance to hit as you have said

Basically when you do a crit, it doesn't mean you do full damage. Your normal shot in that attack will do damage in that weapons range, ie weapon has 50-100 damage...it happens to do 70...but your crit damage on top will be the full amount so 100 plus the extra 60% from the armor, so around 160. In total this attack would be around 230 damage. So you would do anywhere from 210-260 damage on a crit from a weapon that does 50-100 damage.

However I'm sure there is some technical formula around where it wont quite be an extra 60%, etc.
I will leave that up to the experts at those formulas who will most likely post soon and call me a noob :laugh:

I have checked a few times at the desk and have not found any for sale but only checked a few times. I suppose it is like the amps that everyone seems to want :).

These sets will not be stocked anymore in the vendor. Its the reason they are being sold at +2000% for full sets.

SpikE

These sets will not be stocked anymore in the vendor. Its the reason they are being sold at +2000% for full sets.

SpikE

Why would you say that ? It that hearsay or is there an MA thread where it says so ? Just wondering.

Why would you say that ? It that hearsay or is there an MA thread where it says so ? Just wondering.

Not hearsay, it is correct. MA said they wont be restocking the armor. At one point there was still around 100 sets remaining then all of a sudden it was 0. Either someone brought them all or MA removed the remaining sets.
It was around the time that thread came up about hunting on specific LA's with this armor allowed you to profit as those mobs did electric only damage so would not decay the armor. Then a few other threads were made about how its an exploit and shouldn't be allowed, etc. Then the armor disappeared from the vendor and now the sets are worth a fair amount.

They will be worth even more once people decay their sets and there only becomes a few around.
Will be worth a lot less if MA decides to do something about them other than just stop them from being restocked.

Not hearsay, it is correct. MA said they wont be restocking the armor. At one point there was still around 100 sets remaining then all of a sudden it was 0. Either someone brought them all or MA removed the remaining sets.
It was around the time that thread came up about hunting on specific LA's with this armor allowed you to profit as those mobs did electric only damage so would not decay the armor. Then a few other threads were made about how its an exploit and shouldn't be allowed, etc. Then the armor disappeared from the vendor and now the sets are worth a fair amount.

They will be worth even more once people decay their sets and there only becomes a few around.
Will be worth a lot less if MA decides to do something about them other than just stop them from being restocked.

Thanks for the info. It would seem that MA should have thought about this sort of thing before the release of the armor. Actually there is not protection for acid or cold either. I don't remember if any mobs do either of those only either. Heavens help us if we could make a profit from time to time.

Anyway too bad about the armor.

BTW I just checked and there are several mobs that do the cold and acid only.

Back