Space Opera - Coming to a Galaxy Near You!!

Ranavolana

Old Alpha
Society
Team Varyag
Louise Ranavolana Brooks
Having been hunting since I started playing, I generally keep my loot. It mostly has been building up (except for costs of chugging through Mission Galactica, and acquiring all those cool new colours in Jump Suits)

I am still clinging on to the idea of making a killing with selling Composite Planks - I have a lumber Yard full of the raw materials. But as a manufacturer I truly suck
To overcome this suckyness I have set out to acquire the necessary skills & attributes.
Blueprint Comprehension seems a good target to aim for.

Now My BP Comprehension is Adept 1976points. VSE >L24 \o/
I got these by signing on as a crewmember to a MS, and repairing like mad.

The ship I chose to apply to is Varyag. I don't know why, all MS were the same to me then.
On my very first time aboard & repairing, I was chatting to a friend. "Oh Noes!!" he said, don't join them, they have a Baaad reputation". "Let me get you a berth in a Good ship"
I declined, I just prefer to find out things for myself - but I did take the time to try to wade through all the stuff posted here.

If I could quote an example to those interested. I am Australian and one of our National Sports is cricket.
Played as it should be, it is a very Zen sport. Those who know and appreciate - what could be an afternoon of high drama & excitement to those watching, to others not in the know, its an afternoon of soul destroying boredom :(

So its like that with all the posts around it & about. Please people don't post long chat logs - I just don't read their boringness. All the fake news & alternative facts - I reckon I will find out stuff for myself.

And what I have found, is that unless when I log off and then everyone else puts on the wooden legs & parrots on their shoulders, crew on Varyag were decent, interesting & helpful people.

A problem with these types of games is that its not just yourself, its others & the group can set the narrative even if it is nothing you want.
My role here, seems to be set in stone, that of "Evil Minion", helping the cause of evil pirates.

Varyag seems to be the evil pirate MS working Hand in Glove with the evil pirates of NVE (despite the fact that NVE is fighting us? ) and because of this association other MS like Kronan treat us as enemies & make a point of targeting crew members.

I watched yesterday a "vigilante" from Kronan attacked a low level player who recently joined Varyag crew & was attempting to fly from MS to Arkadia - he did that twice & looted the player.
The reason for this given by another Kronan crew member (I hope to God he is not a spokesman for them) was that.
"All people who have joined Varyag's crew allow the pilots to skill up and so be more skilful & dangerous in doing their evil work (whatever TF that is - I have never seen any examples since I have been with Varyag). So such crew members must be stopped and Such players will ALWAYS be targeted and NEVER be allowed to join other MS as they may be spies"

Sense Reason & Logic are missing here - I would be interesting in hearing what some responsible player from Kronan thinks, that this is a successful strategy, or even that the player was suffering a mental breakdown & had no idea what he was saying.

Funny thing is that if all MS actually cooperated & got over these ridiculous hostilities - they could reduce the depredations of real pirates greatly .

Your opening a can of worms here, from all the stuff I have read on the forums regarding the space drama, seems to be a select few seem to think that they own space and if you don't do what they say, your a pirate and will go on their KOS list. They then claim to shoot innocent "pirate friendly" avatars and loot them all in the name of teaching them that they should not join or help known pirates....but they themselves are not pirates of course...you know cause they are allowed to loot others all in the name of "justice".
There was a thing about mothership owners putting the past behind them to work things out, but that just resulted in one side being stuck up and saying they demand to be reimbursed for all the times they had to shoot the other down.....not going to say how bad that sounds...considering its unlikely a log was kept of every shot fired and against who....without proof as well your just taking their word....and no doubt they would put an inflated number just so they know it would never happen.

So short version, a couple of people who own motherships had a disagreement and like to hold grudges, but instead of taking it out on each other, they just take it out on anyone they feel like and come up with shitty excuses.

What would be interesting to know is if someone sold their "pirate" mothership as they wanted to sell out of the game, would that new owner then be doomed to having to deal with that crap as well...you know since they are "helping to fund a pirate"? If so, then that would be wrong as well.

Anyway this should be a fun thread to watch :dance:

Whilst I joined Varyag for different reasons to yourself, I too would be interested in hearing what Kronan has to say on this matter. However..... I believe it will only be more childish Slander - or to continue with the cricket reference - "Sledging".

I don't spend much time on board the mother-ship, however I do watch that chats, and all I see lately is announcements that NVE has formed an alliance with Kronan, after Kronan were turning away potential Varyag Clients preaching Pirate Alliances (Hypocritical?).

As for this so called "Vigilante". Well, what can I say - my own son was shot down by him, never set foot on Varyag, First time in Arkadia space. No association with Pirates / Varyag, other than his relationship to myself - which is not known to any relevant people in game.

I think the divide has been explained before:

Robert A. Heinlein said:
The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.

Reactions: San
Varyag seems to be the evil pirate MS working Hand in Glove with the evil pirates of NVE (despite the fact that NVE is fighting us? ) and because of this association other MS like Kronan treat us as enemies & make a point of targeting crew members.

My latest issue I had with our friendly Varyag was when I had a pirates waiting for me to go to deep space. Since I was not wanting to go and waited for him to leave I guess he thought I had something. Anyway, as we waited the Varyag showed up with the owner piloting to have all waiting. I didn't have anything and really didn't want to go back to Arkadia that day anyway, so I just TP back down to planet. But still to see this MS backing up a pirate kind of sums up what so many are saying about the ship. So I'm not really sure what it is you are trying to do, but sorry, I must ask, please don't try and get noobs to join in on a future con.

I am not prepared to get into yet another pointless 'he said, she said' about the political situation in space.
I would however point out that Kronan has never helped pirates, and while in my ownership never will.

Yes, there have been many statements in space chats linking Kronan name to NVE in a supposed alliance, written by bored pirates trying to have a little fun and provoke us. We simply have a wry smile and continue with whatever we are doing.

As for a few people wanting dominance, please stop falling for the silly story telling of others. Personally I have no intention to dominate anything in this game, tho at least some minor control over my ped card would be sweet.

Reactions: cc.
as much as I have a dislike for krona n I would like to correct people on their views on varyag. varyag declared themselves a pirate ship in November and yoshii herself was pirating through another account in nve. she likes yo play innocent but she is guilty if things she has accused others of. She uses alts and plays victim to garner sympathy from unsuspecting players.

She also leaves dry mobs in the training grounds and harrasses kronan and then cries like a little bitch when we have her a taste of her own medicine (within the tou) i fell for it myself and donated 300 ped worth of supplies during our alliance.

She did not like being called out for her blatant hypocrisy and has since been spreading the rumour that I was
r*ped by my dad / I have daddy issues and that is why I'm a cheap prostitute. which she knew full well i am a !!!! victim. For the record it was a client and not my dad. She has also declared war on nve because I exposed her.

Bas also accused me of "garnering sympathy points" for saying that I have been r*ped at work.

the difference between nve and yoshii at least you know we are assholes. she's the asshole that hides and stabs you in the back when you least expect it. better the enemy you know than the enemy you don't.

I will probably be banned for this post but the community needs to know the truth about her toxicity

a representative from nve will be supplying evidence of my accusations. i am at work and can't currently do it myself.

Last edited:
The ship I chose to apply to is Varyag. I don't know why, all MS were the same to me then.
On my very first time aboard & repairing, I was chatting to a friend. "Oh Noes!!" he said, don't join them, they have a Baaad reputation"

"Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it"

Please people don't post long chat logs - I just don't read their boringness. All the fake news & alternative facts - I reckon I will find out stuff for myself.
Unfortunately most types of evidence are boring, but they are in the end which leads one to the correct conclusion. Of course evidence should be scrutinised for validity, but ignore it at your own peril.

I was about to comment on this but Aztec rose has filled in the gaps much quicker than I could with her post above.
Funny thing is that if all MS actually cooperated & got over these ridiculous hostilities - they could reduce the depredations of real pirates greatly .

There was a time, just over 6 months ago. MS's got along amicably, albeit competitively. That changed when Varyag became pirate. It would be unreasonable to suggest that the ships whom the Varyag then went on to attack, would treat them in the same regard as prior to the attack, dont you think?

Definition of vigilante. : a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate); broadly : a self-appointed doer of justice.

I like that word.

:popcorn:

i've said this before, this MS conflict is down to the lack of passengers and tight profits. This has caused serious friction trying to get those small number of passengers, and turned into attacks, slander and bullying, no side is the good guy in this, of course there is varying degree of villianary.

Space needs attention from MA, it needs a reason to go into space other than transport as this would give the MS something worthwhile instead of fighting over 10 passengers a day

xjxlrdk.jpg

sry but you can clearly see the alterations in that picture changing what was said

That's a picture of text (supposedly chat.log) in Notepad anyway.

On the other hand, that's a public channel, so anyone who has logs for that period can check.

sry but you can clearly see the alterations in that picture changing what was said

only alterations i have done is changed it from png to jpg lol as they are not supported by this forum...

its like a picture of notepad, which was later altered, take the 2nd line for example, Pirate ship is clean edged while other parts the text has a soft edging

only alterations i have done is changed it from png to jpg lol as they are not supported by this forum...

weird lol, its like the compression wasn't evenly applied, ive just looked at your earlier Imgur file and it does look better

Anyone with log's enabled with #Teamvaryag enabled, can go back to the time stamps supplied and view it themselves.........

don't trust whats written there get it yourself :)

Anyone with log's enabled with #Teamvaryag enabled, can go back to the time stamps supplied and view it themselves.........

don't trust whats written there get it yourself :)

anny thundergirl was the original creator of the image and if you are in #teamvaryag you can go back and search the logs. I was online when that happened and so were many others. There should be no doubt in anyones mind that yoshii declare varyag a pirate ship. She may not be pirating now but she WAS a pirate.

You can also clearly see us pirates shooting from varyag in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDIQjBsuGz4

The only mothership we have had access to in the last 12 months is VARYAG.

She has repeatedly denied being a pirate so its time people know the truth.
Yoshii was a pirate. She joined NVE on her ex-boyfriends account Albert Einstein SpecialRelativity. She also declared varyag a pirate ship of her own free will after anny thundergirl released a series of videos revealing chat logs of stuff she said.

Here is bas admitting yoshii used Alberts account.
WgM11kc.png

Mitsuwa is not her alt. It is Mitsou.

Last edited:
weird lol, its like the compression wasn't evenly applied, ive just looked at your earlier Imgur file and it does look better

I would have left it at the imgur link but i know some people don't like viewing external links, and the nature of the image i felt it important that it was easily accessed hence the change.

There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that yoshii declare varyag a pirate ship.
Indeed.

This is a more recent one for anyone wanting to scroll back on their own chat logs.

2017-05-08 07:04:22 [Space travel] [Cognitive Bas Dissident] Varyag did ally with NVE at one point to take out Kronan and Normandie and NVE looted

2017-05-08 07:11:56 [Space travel] [Cognitive Bas Dissident] OK then we are a pirate ship

I would have thought by now everyone was aware of this, which is why I am quite surprised at the OP bringing it up?

Indeed.

This is a more recent one for anyone wanting to scroll back on their own chat logs.

2017-05-08 07:04:22 [Space travel] [Cognitive Bas Dissident] Varyag did ally with NVE at one point to take out Kronan and Normandie and NVE looted

2017-05-08 07:11:56 [Space travel] [Cognitive Bas Dissident] OK then we are a pirate ship

I would have thought by now everyone was aware of this, which is why I am quite surprised at the OP bringing it up?

rofllll bas doing quality work as always xD :laugh:

Luna once ones attention has been drawn to the changes, they cannot be unseen.
And the substitutions just make the postings now seem silly. Yoshii does not "talk" like that.

You do realise that your dishonest action has weakened any case against Varyag and underlines what I have said in my opening post.
All the volumes of "he said she said" on & on ad nauseum. That in the end it is too irritating to dig through the dirt.
It is more straightforward to rely on what one observes of the actions of the parties.

I have observed & I am satisfied, and other than seeing Aztec Roses post, which I feel must be based on misunderstandings, I stand by what I originally said.

It is all an overblown Space Drama, and when an unpleasant situation keeps on persisting, it is a good idea to consider those who benefit from the situation and so have a incentive to keep the situation happening.

Oh and Morgoth - A Vigilante is someone who chooses to operate outside of the law. They talk justice they act the opposite

And the substitutions just make the postings now seem silly. Yoshii does not "talk" like that.

You do realise that your dishonest action has weakened any case against Varyag and underlines what I have said in my opening post.
All the volumes of "he said she said" on & on ad nauseum. That in the end it is too irritating to dig through the dirt.
It is more straightforward to rely on what one observes of the actions of the parties.

I have observed & I am satisfied, and other than seeing Aztec Roses post, which I feel must be based on misunderstandings, I stand by what I originally said.

It is all an overblown Space Drama, and when an unpleasant situation keeps on persisting, it is a good idea to consider those who benefit from the situation and so have a incentive to keep the situation happening.

Oh and Morgoth - A Vigilante is someone who chooses to operate outside of the law. They talk justice they act the opposite

Like I have said.... don't read the text you see just read the time stamps and look at the logs yourself if you have them,,,,,,,

OR

Get the logs from someone you trust ! :)

saying "you were R*ped by your daddy" is hardly a misunderstanding. It was a vicious attack because she knew I had been R*ped in the industry and she knew it would hurt me very deeply. It is also a "stereotype" about sex workers from all sections of the industry that we were all R*ped and molested as children or victims of incest. She intended to hurt me and she achieved it by using her knowledge of my !!!! and the fact I am a sex worker to make sure she hit me where it hurts.

There is no other way to misinterpret what she said. My soc members were reading it when she said those things and were equally appauled. Especially when I told them about what happened to me.

e

I am honestly baffled that any player who has been here longer than a few weeks would genuinely believe that the Varyag did not align with pirates, self declare as a pirate ship, and partake in pirate activities, in very recent times! The info is everywhere!

You turn a blind eye to any evidence which contrary to your belief, declaring it to be boring and too much to wade through. Open your eyes!

At the end of the day they can do whatever the hell they like, and anyone can join them. The issue arises when innocent people either end up inadvertently being involved with piracy by being on a pirate ship which they thought was not, or worse, like yourself, they think the hostility directed towards them from other ships is unfounded, based on the belief that their ship is not involved in piracy.

Its the cloak and daggers that's the issue, and its obviously still working if someone like your self has fallen for it. Kudos to them for the persuasion and propaganda they manage to get some to believe, I know they have put a tonne of effort into it. (as will everyone else who has had to put up with the utter drivel they speak for many months).

Last edited:
I am honestly baffled that any player who has been here longer than a few weeks would genuinely believed that the Varyag did not align with pirates, self declare as a pirate ship, and partake in pirate activities, in very recent times! The info is everywhere!

You turn a blind eye to any evidence which contrary to your belief, declaring it to be boring and too much to wade through. Open your eyes!

At the end of the day they can do whatever the hell they like, and anyone can join them. The issue arises when innocent people either end up inadvertently being involved with piracy by being on a pirate ship which they thought was not, or worse they think the hostility directed towards them from other ships is unfounded, based on the belief that their ship is not involved in piracy.

Its the cloak and daggers that's the issue, and its obviously still working if someone like your self has fallen for it. Kudos to them for the persuasion and propaganda they manage to get some to believe, I know they have put a tonne of effort into it.

Varyag is NOT a pirate ship currently. It was a pirate ship in Nov 2016 as we were actively pirating from it.

As evidenced by several youtube videos, chat logs (which people can find find for themselves) and from other player accounts.

Varyag is NOT a pirate ship currently. It was a pirate ship in Nov 2016 as we were actively pirating from it.

As evidenced by several youtube videos, chat logs (which people can find find for themselves) and from other player accounts.

"in very recent times" means the past 6 months or so to me :laugh: Seems to get longer the older I get!

The somewhat sad part of all of this mess is that actually more damage was done with words that followed in the several months after than the actions of piracy themselves. The battles of the bullets were relatively short lived and in somewhat miniscule in comparison to what ensued over the following months. The fractures that were created by the endless slander and shit talk caused such a deep divide I doubt much can be done to repair it. I am sorry to hear you ended up on the sharp end of the hate, I know your a tough chick but I can quite imagine the level it dropped to.

Please do correct me, the NVE & Team Varyag alliance seemed to continue on for a few months after the ship was physically used in piracy, I just remember some posts from pirates around March time indicating as such.

"in very recent times" means the past 6 months or so to me :laugh: Seems to get longer the older I get!

The somewhat sad part of all of this mess is that actually more damage was done with words that followed in the several months after than the actions of piracy themselves. The battles of the bullets were relatively short lived and in somewhat miniscule in comparison to what ensued over the following months. The fractures that were created by the endless slander and shit talk caused such a deep divide I doubt much can be done to repair it. I am sorry to hear you ended up on the sharp end of the hate, I know your a tough chick but I can quite imagine the level it dropped to.

Please do correct me, the NVE & Team Varyag alliance seemed to continue on for a few months after the ship was physically used in piracy, I just remember some posts from pirates around March time indicating as such.

I am a tough chick but what she said was low. Especially because it was so malicious.

Dont forget you were a pirate a long time ago too bonnie :D

The point is OP, whether you choose to ignore it or not, there are very good reasons as to why other ships are hostile to Varyag.

Varyag chose to put themselves in this position. They chose to become involved in piracy, to take down other ships. As I am sure you can agree, that's just not cricket.

Back