Entropia Universe 15.14.0 Release Notes

I am excited they brought back the old voices :yay:

The FAP changes are a bug, and the team is working on fixing it.

While youre on it, if they missed out on the supportcases and happen to read here the omegaton ranger scopes and sights are broken and has lost their buffs.

//Linzey

While youre on it, if they missed out on the supportcases and happen to read here the omegaton ranger scopes and sights are broken and has lost their buffs.

//Linzey

Oh. Missing crit from Heliotrope too!

Yes can confirm that scope nor laser is giving any effect.

This reviving sucks, I just tested by dieing 4 times

1. 10 seconds
2. 20 seconds
3. 40 seconds
4. 80 seconds!!!!

This is really bad on hunts, especially if the mobs regens a lot

Also do we need more clicking? Carpel tunnel syndrome everywhere

I am not a happy participant

Indeed this is the worst change the game has seen at least while i been here the past year. As this change isn't good for anyone except MA. The rest that I type might be perceived as negative however I am only stating what I feel are the facts.

This hurts first Hunters and as Trifle has said mob regen and as others have pointed out participating in events like Sand King are near impossible but further more just plain and simple not fun. I mean we do play for fun and entertainment still right?

This really hurts noobs too as dying is part of the game and dying often especially in events like the Fort Lahar robot event. That is a great event and they wanted to encourage noobs to join in but now will be on the sidelines realizing they can't participate.

This hurts sweaters as most new players have no PED and of course no PED to heal so with each death there is an increasing penalty? How does that help new players get a feel for the game when they are waiting to revive? How many new players in Rookie will be asking for help to kill a starving Atrax now as they wait 160 seconds now to get back at it to try and kill it? Maybe they don't ask. Maybe they just quit instead and play another game.

While most don't play this game free to play it should still remain first and foremost an option. Trying to eliminate that or make it tremendously difficult for a game that needs to grow it's population is overall a bad move on MA's part. I do want this game to grow and get better or I wouldn't be typing this.

I have always encouraged people to die and die often as it makes you stronger in Entropia and it's part of the game. Whether you are sweating, suicide revive skilling, or hunting it didn't matter to much. It was something that was great about Entropia. You were right back in the action! Now however changes like this just make me feel better about me not depositing anymore or investing any money in the game selling my Christmas ring and withdrawing my money. I have no plans to deposit and honestly if i can't survive and more importantly competitively skill for FREE then that will just be a very sad day.

Does this change mean that will happen? NO. However it concerns me greatly at what will come next. This is a drastic change that effects everyone. I will continue to skill for FREE everyday and guess what I love the challenge. Maybe it's cause i feel like i beat the house by doing so. However it's changes like this that I thought could happen which is why I decided to withdraw in March. I needed to take money off the table because well I can say that I have profited in my time here.

So hope no one see what I said as negative as The Abomb will still be skilling cause I am a big boy and I will get my skills without depositing. However why choke hold the entire community from new player to Uber because MA wants more money and to give out less skills?

Pretty disappointing and frustrating change. Totally not thought out at all. Good luck to all.

The Abomb

//Linzey

Well, if support cases have been sent about it, I'm sure it's already being looked into. I'll send the dev team an extra mention of it to make sure it's seen though.

The fuel type addition suggests to me that other types of fuel will be introduced in the future maybe for new vehicles? or perhaps a different type of fuel giving more speed than oil for MS and privateers? The ability to take oil out of MS now might suggest that's a possibility. There's also a fuel gauge which is useful.

The revive increase time will also badly affect group sweating for new players.

Fuel BP :yay:

The revive is understandable if you consider people using bots to skill evade. It could also be the lead up to the release of a new range of high speed - high regen - high cost faps.

Fuel BP :yay:

The revive is understandable if you consider people using bots to skill evade. It could also be the lead up to the release of a new range of high speed - high regen - high cost faps.

It is clearly an anti-bot tactic change and also a small penalty for hunting naked... after all PPs and MA get paid for by decay. Songkra is a hot bed at times for evade skill bots. I see a couple every so often go from terminal and run face first into a load of mobs... naked. It is without a doubt, a bot as this same person just does the same thing over and over again 24 hours a day for days. I am sure you could find similar folks near the citadel in caly. I haven't tried since i do not die often but I wonder if you could just relog and reset the timer...

Also, mod viceroy has the crit buff still. Really don't understand how programmatically they could make these mistakes with the buffs unless there is 1) bad quality control and 2) the item database/design system is terribly assembled and designed.

Making it difficult in sweating.. well, sweat has drastically dropped in price because it is easy to get and not so much demand (although these changes would increase usage with divine chip, etc). Sweating should have some more difficulty with it.. which should reduce supply some and allow the price to go up. Might make activities like swunting beneficial for the player. Instead of circle jerking on ambu or nusul.

This patch has a lot of anti-bot measures in them, of which breaks some OCR detection. I think some people are missing the silver lining and I give them +1 for taking these steps.

Last edited:
This patch has a lot of anti-bot measures in them, of which breaks some OCR detection. I think some people are missing the silver lining and I give them +1 for taking these steps.

Well you and I share a different opinion on silver linings and what makes them. In my 20+ years of gaming some games have more Bots then others and measures are taken to fight them. Some good and some bad. This is a bad attempt at Bot correction if you say that is the sole purpose of the changes because these efforts effect so many players. If the action and steps taken to fight bots makes the gameplay worse then that itself is a failure on a major level and then the Botters are winning.

You talk about Bots running into a field and if you are sure that is a Bot there should be better Bot reporting features in game so they are eliminated. Harmless and get's the job done.

However you shouldn't change the way that new players to high level players play because they failed to come up with an acceptable more efficient way to stop Bots.

Which is why this change was poorly thought out and furthermore poorly executed. I felt like I logged into WoW today where they just makes changes they feel is best without a discussion about it. Thought we played Entropia where changes were more thought out because of people's investments and time here. Bad ideas that people have like Teleporting fees were stopped fast in their tracks from happening because they were discussed. If MA just starts changing the way the game is played on a Tues then this is a slippery slope we are about to walk down.

This change is not only bad but alarming how it was implemented. What is changing next?

Which is why this change was poorly thought out and furthermore poorly executed. I felt like I logged into WoW today where they just makes changes they feel is best without a discussion about it. Thought we played Entropia where changes were more thought out because of people's investments and time here. Bad ideas that people have like Teleporting fees were stopped fast in their tracks from happening because they were discussed. If MA just starts changing the way the game is played on a Tues then this is a slippery slope we are about to walk down.

This change is not only bad but alarming how it was implemented. What is changing next?

Sorry, I hate to say it, but you were sadly mistaken. This is SOP for MA and crew. They just throw spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks. It's been this way for the 12 years I have been playing. You either accept what they dish out and learn to live with it, or you bail out. Some bail and come back later. I think most never come back. Your choice.

//Linzey

Maybe just a new "feature"

:dunce:

Radar refresh rate has been increased considerably (for both pic and coords). Good for olschool grid miners. :)

I as a low lvl noob really liked to participate in the robot attack events.
Not just at Fort Lahar, but also at the higher fort attacks. There i die with 1, sometimes 2 hits, even if i wear my low lvl armor.
The good thing was, i could just run to action again and shoot at the mobs. Now i need to wait over a minute to run into action again? Sometimes if i died and ran to the action again, i instantly died because i got aggro.
Why would anyone like me participate in such events anymore? Makes no sense. Only those high lvl players with Uber armor and uber fap can participate in the wave events now i think.
This kills alot of content for so many players.

Maybe it's a tactic to fight botting players... but really a bad one. Seems MA isn't able to find another solution against botters and now they do this shit?
I won't stop playing but this small little update just kills another part of the game for me, and i think also for alot more players.
To me it seems that there is less and less content for low level players.

And in july eomon upon us, now who will kill OA or stalkers as an extra challenge for their strength, I guess only a select few! Welcome to another ruined event

I am still mad as hell

This is where the so called Voting Rights should have been used.

Still, as I don't die much, probably wont affect me to much, but the principal kinda sucks.

And in july eomon upon us, now who will kill OA or stalkers as an extra challenge for their strength, I guess only a select few! Welcome to another ruined event

I am still mad as hell

There is many ways to prevent from dying, skills, armor, divinechips. You dont even hunt afaik how can this trouble you so much ??

The revive time thing is proper annoying...so is the Ready to Revive button crap :(

There is many ways to prevent from dying, skills, armor, divinechips. You dont even hunt afaik how can this trouble you so much ??

So I got commando by doing nothing? And killing mulmuns all the time with shitloot
And than there are ofcourse fapjobs, no hunters on big mobs means no fapjobs

Omegaton ranger scopes and sights are broken and have lost their buffs!
Please fix it!!!

So I got commando by doing nothing? And killing mulmuns all the time with shitloot
And than there are ofcourse fapjobs, no hunters on big mobs means no fapjobs

You got commando by going commando obviously! I have pics of proof! :dunce:

This will make it way more fun to get that crit on first hit after jumping back after beeing killed. I can imagine tacorage when eomon comes :smoke:

Reactions: das
Changing the definition of efficient play could bring value to learning the new definitions and emerge from a stagnant economy as a new victor or new looser.

Yes, skill requirement for adj/imp/mod faps is too low. It should be 80/90/100 param level.
Are they fixing it?

after they made imp fap req lvl 120 & mod lvl 180

Reactions: jak
Land grab events should be interesting.

If you die a couple of times, you gonna be out for a while.

All it takes is some heavy guns to take you out a couple of times, and you are going to be out over a minute on every death. Can see that similar issues will happen for alot of people on big mob / big shared mob events.

After that, may as well don't bother about such events anymore.

I wonder how many people will seat out the migration / hunt smaller maturities cos of this change.

Even very skilled avatars can die frequently from the Sand King, it's going to take a lot more people now I think.

If their goal was to stop defense skill and/or sweat botting, they could make it so no skills or sweat can be obtained from a mob until it has been damaged.

Even very skilled avatars can die frequently from the Sand King, it's going to take a lot more people now I think.

If their goal was to stop defense skill and/or sweat botting, they could make it so no skills or sweat can be obtained from a mob until it has been damaged.

Fair proposal.

I haven't logged in yet but it sounds like the revive timer change is something that will make skills more meaningful, as well as helping to stop the bots. If so, I'm all for it.

Obviously some people might have to adjust the way they play, but I don't see that as a bad thing (especially when it comes to level 20 hunters revive killing Osseo Stalkers, and the like).

I haven't logged in yet but it sounds like the revive timer change is something that will make skills more meaningful, as well as helping to stop the bots. If so, I'm all for it.

The only thing I can see it making more meaningful is, for any particular mob, having significantly greater HP than any potential killing crit. Some people like me like to have fun pushing it to the limit on bigger mobs, this reduces my ability to do that, short of having significantly higher hp for some of those mobs that have a mob level above my evade level, obviously I am not talking about revive killing, but sometimes you get those few mobs in the dmg cycle that just hits you max every time, or you get an add or whatever reason you have a string of deaths.

I will see how it goes with migration this year, I have a lot more hp than I did a year ago just from skilling, but I am hoping this doesn't nerf killing Eomon Stalkers, etc. for me until I get 500 HP or whatever its going to take.

Back