Entropia Universe 15.14.0 Release Notes

Broken!!!!

Dying too frequently will increase an avatar’s revival countdown timer. Staying alive for an extended period will reduce the revival countdown timer.

Has anyone reported how broken this is?

All you have to do to reset it back to 10 seconds is re-log!

This is totally broken, I was wondering why nubs were coming back to the rig so fast with no cool-down timer and realized they figured out a bug!

MA fix this please!!!! Makes the timer utterly pointless! :mad:

This is totally broken, I was wondering why nubs were coming back to the rig so fast with no cool-down timer and realized they figured out a bug!

Seriously, when has MA ever implemented a feature that is well thought out? Regardless if it is a wanted feature or unwanted feature.:scratch2:

Reactions: jak

You are correct it is broken there shouldn't be a timer at all. It's good that relogging gives us temporary relief until this revive timer is removed so we can get back to fighting instead of waiting.

For what it's worth...I don't like this collective arrest approach on this revive timer at all.

Assuming this is an anti-bot feature I'd really appreciate if it's only targeting bots and not everybody.

Not sure i'll be finally giving Eomons a shot this year. Might stick to LT if there's another mission upgrade. If not I might have to skip migration altogether.

Edit: Try to play out in your mind what a super crowded, super laggy server is gonna do. Gun not firing but keep getting hit. Dead. Now to top it all off we get hit with this.

Just my 2 pec

My last hunt, i died about 8 times in an hour, crits / lag / multiple big hits / sudden new spawn beside me.

At one time I died 3x in a row, multiple fast big hits, once was crit and last was when another mob spawned on me.

Ended up with extended timer, I think 3rd death was 40 secs? So I had 10 secs + 20 secs + 40 secs of timers to run before I finally got to kill that one mob.

Goodie!

For reference, I normally die anything from 0 to 2 times an hour on huons. it's starting to be irritating.......

For what it's worth...I don't like this collective arrest approach on this revive timer at all.

Assuming this is an anti-bot feature I'd really appreciate if it's only targeting bots and not everybody.

Not sure i'll be finally giving Eomons a shot this year. Might stick to LT if there's another mission upgrade. If not I might have to skip migration altogether.

Edit: Try to play out in your mind what a super crowded, super laggy server is gonna do. Gun not firing but keep getting hit. Dead. Now to top it all off we get hit with this.

Just my 2 pec

You could start the timer if you die say 10x in an hour. That will get the bots and not most people.

NOw that is a good idea!

Yes that is a good suggestion however I still want to know how this effects Bots, will stop any if not increase Bot activity. This is a player change by MA and not a Bot change. They wanted to change gameplay of players. This is what I am going with until there is some sort of Official statement.

Yes that is a good suggestion however I still want to know how this effects Bots, will stop any if not increase Bot activity. This is a player change by MA and not a Bot change. They wanted to change gameplay of players. This is what I am going with until there is some sort of Official statement.

I see that aswell, no more naked hunting, they want to force you to wear big armors, to increase decay.

If you refuse doing that, well then wait at the revieve.

Thats all I can see here, as it can´t stop bots that run in the background, while bot user does something else.

i don't think this is directly aimed at bots, its a penalty for dying. EU is fairly unique in that death isn't a penalty in any way and it gains you skills, a free teleport and allows virtually zero risk play. There are other games with penalties such as losing like 5% of your experience and skills on each death, dropping your loot (even used gear if unlucky) meaning you need to retrieve your body before someone else does or a penalty timer dependant on your level.

while i hope its tweaked, it ain't going anywhere so we'll just have to "adapt"

I said it before, but will repeat it.
I personally am not affected by this change at all, so I realy could care less about it, but I still hate it.
In my opinion it's just poorly thought over by MA how to implement this change.
My question to MA is: why does the whole playerbase have to be affected by this change again?
This has happend before with a change that I also hate, we all are affected about this change also.
My suggestion to MA, apply this change (maybe the other one that I have in my mind also) only to the areas that would benefit from this change.

they want to force you to wear big armors, to increase decay.

And if this would be the case, which imo is not the reason.
why would MA supply us first with some nice toys that decrease the cost to play (finally, TY MA), to go back and increase the cost again?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a good way of a uber to clean the map of poeple to hunt a certain spot mob train and get them all kill and they have to wait

timer should reset after one kill or 5 hits or even like posted 10 death before started start but if relog restarts its botters will still do it

hoo getting hurt in this the players the botters dont realy care it just take more time what time they dont event play there have the bot on

and other players that it hurts

the big ego ubers that dont want you to hunt bigger mobs alone or in team hey were sam and peter and others
i want to kill this mob your waiting 2 min for them to come back that going to be fun in team hunt

they invetent a nother way of waitting like the disconect waiting for poeple to relog back on

@caly devs...

Did you guys stealth amp Aurli Majestic dmg?

I been hunting these for sometime now. No problem with my armor setup for the last couple of months. I finally get a chance to get back on them after update and these Aruli Majestics are beating the hell out of me! I think they are doing more damage than queens??? None of the other ones seem any different. I had to check my armor to see if it was missing a peice or dropped a plate or something. Nope, all repaired and set up as it has been for some time.

Anyone else notice this? Is it my imagination? :scratch2:

Upon death it is now necessary to confirm teleport to the nearest revival terminal.

I'm interested to know if this means that those autoclicking nude to gain dodge evade running from revives past decade or so will see a ban? At least those reported for doing so?

Due to no action taken, I stopped reporting this around 2006. I guess all those were lost to the mists of time. I certainly have no such screenies saved from the days of yore :) The dodge/evaders out there who had a decade or so of free skilling - bully for you, sitting in the blind spot really works.

Anecdote - now long gone guy who had done this and accidentally left his full boar M on. Was in Twin Peaks trade chat I think. That was quite the repair bill, back in the day!

I see that aswell, no more naked hunting, they want to force you to wear big armors, to increase decay.

If you refuse doing that, well then wait at the revieve.

Thats all I can see here, as it can´t stop bots that run in the background, while bot user does something else.

This!

And this: Cympatech's patented Hyper DNA Nano Assembler has the unique ability to instantaneously store and clone DNA within a fraction of a second. Each single-use consumable enables one automated revival of your avatar.

Available on a Entropia Web Shop near you!!!

They are screwing the game just to make sure that the entropia Web Shop keep making money. They try to copy other games but they forget that this game is unique, or was unique, i don't know anymore.

Not sure where to put this, in the wishlist thread it seems futile. Was just prompted to follow a link to an old post. Eleven years later, after having traded eyecandy for a much dumbed-down game, seems not much could be salvaged. Thanks for chatterbox (without the visuals). Cry me an engine...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?34099-Back!&p=391968&viewfull=1#post391968
The next VU will include a massive AI enhancement, which will make hunting more entertaining, as creatures will have sneaky behavior as well as herd mentality. The Berycled feels like Velociraptors from Jurassic Park, storming a house, climbing stairs, etc.

Not sure where to put this, in the wishlist thread it seems futile. Was just prompted to follow a link to an old post. Eleven years later, after having traded eyecandy for a much dumbed-down game, seems not much could be salvaged. Thanks for chatterbox (without the visuals). Cry me an engine...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?34099-Back!&p=391968&viewfull=1#post391968
The next VU will include a massive AI enhancement, which will make hunting more entertaining, as creatures will have sneaky behavior as well as herd mentality. The Berycled feels like Velociraptors from Jurassic Park, storming a house, climbing stairs, etc.

Is that one of infamous VU witch was remembered by community for years as adding mobs HP (almost doubling) together with introducing high regen rate and crits in same time with some drastic avatars skill nerfs what was called improved mobs AI enhancements?
It was that before mobs lost ability to fight each other or latter?

Is that one of infamous VU witch was remembered by community for years as adding mobs HP (almost doubling) together with introducing high regen rate and crits in same time with some drastic avatars skill nerfs what was called improved mobs AI enhancements?
It was that before mobs lost ability to fight each other or latter?

Sorry I don't remember, this was just a bit before my time. I joined in '07 and was in hibernation from '08-11, i.e. across the transition. Otherwise I probably would have quit over the loss of so many features. Just catching up piece by piece with all the things lost and thinking, wow, what a game this actually could be. But I don't have a bright idea how to make it so against the platform limitations, the decision for it was made for a reason as well and can't be undone. So I'm not sure, just part happy and part sad.

Features

• The item info panel for vehicles now displays fuel type.
  • It is now possible to extract fuel from motherships.
  • Upon death it is now necessary to confirm teleport to the nearest revival terminal.
  • Dying too frequently will increase an avatar’s revival countdown timer. Staying alive for an extended period will reduce the revival countdown timer.
  • Map rotation now updates more quickly.
  • The old Project Entropia avatar chatter feature is back, go to Sound in the Options menu and tick the Avatar Chat Chatter box to activate.
  • Glow on creatures will disappear when killed.

VU 2003-04-04
Ghost Jumping
The restless soul of a dead Avatar can now jump.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?43-VU-4-4-Listing&p=82&viewfull=1#post82

In old system pressing "T" was not existed - was implemented latter as kind of "unstuck" tool.
Normally you had to walk very slow in form of ghost with blur visibility and find nearest unknown outpost with revival terminal witch in most cases you didn't have on map. Ofc no wiki or forums in that time.

120 seconds now is nothing in confront of old way and ppl still played and loved EU.

Reactions: San
Back