Entropia Universe 15.14.0 Release Notes

I imagine the people that like this change are the same people that want more stop signs and stop lights on their commute so they have more time to text.

If I want to fight a big mob to test my abilities, and I die a few times in the process, that is my business, I don't need big brothers help to discourage me from doing something to save me from myself with a stupid death timer. GTFO of my business and let me play the way I want to play and quit adding more and more restrictions and controls!

The beauty of PE was the wide open spaces of virtual reality sandbox where I could do what I want when I want to do it. Every time I turn around someone is requesting more controls and restrictions limiting me from doing what I want to do "for my own good" or whatever the stupid excuse is. FFS leave me alone and let me play! :mad:

I second that :wise:

Reactions: Mac
Well after thinking about it for some time its clear to me: The revival timer has nothing to do with bots!
Bots don't mind if waiting for revival. Just takes a bit longer for the bots, they can still bot.
A bit less efficient but still no problem for a bot.
For players, this revival timer is very annoying.
The question now is: How do you avoid this annoying "feature"?

HDNA, divine chip?... and ?
i am sure that we will see buffs, or new items soon that let you avoid the revival timer. That costs PED and are not free for sure ,) So more income for MA.
The simplest way would be, to just add a button when the revival timer starts "pay 1PED for instant revival" LOL

Well after thinking about it for some time its clear to me: The revival timer has nothing to do with bots!
Bots don't mind if waiting for revival. Just takes a bit longer for the bots, they can still bot.

i am sure that we will see buffs, or new items soon that let you avoid the revival timer. That costs PED and are not free for sure ,) So more income for MA.
The simplest way would be, to just add a button when the revival timer starts "pay 1PED for instant revival" LOL

If they made H-DNA / revival workarounds into blueprints I would be fine with this. We need boosts to the economy and this would be a decent start.

You maybe right, it would seem like a good new avenue for MA, however i wouldn't dismiss the bot idea until MA says otherwise. Bots are all about efficiency. If it costs more to bot than you are getting in return, then there is no point in botting. If you want to run multiple bots on a computer, you will need to use VM's. A decent machine that costs around $2000 will only run around 7-8 vm's without problems...it would also make the computer most likely unusable for normal tasks. If the bots are now cut down to 1/4 efficiency of what they once were, the cost for electricity to run that machine maybe more than what they are getting in return and therefore would not be a point to bot.

Again, we don't know why it was implemented, it maybe that MA got sick of people complaining that they are loosing money because they are shooting beyond their ability. Maybe they wanted to make death meaningful in the game like it is in many other games or like it use to be where you had to walk to nearest revive? Maybe they want people teaming up more to tackle big mobs? Maybe they will be bringing in new revive chips for mindforce?
Or maybe they want you to actual consider what you are going up against, make sure your ready for it, or just want more decay from armor.

I think that yes the timer is a bit long, i would say up to 60 secs max would be okay, anything over that and its a bit long. Other games have had timers like that. Maybe also have the timer start new with different mobs?
And increase the time you are safe when you tp into a spawn of mobs...a few extra seconds to make sure you have taken that pill or switched to that gun?

I tried out the new battle simulator yesterday. I very much like the improvements, it is much easier to complete now. I don't stand a chance of scoring in a paid position, but it's nice to be able to at least complete the course and have a shot at the bonus pool.

I tried out the new battle simulator yesterday. I very much like the improvements, it is much easier to complete now. I don't stand a chance of scoring in a paid position, but it's nice to be able to at least complete the course and have a shot at the bonus pool.

the bonus pool is nice, and might be worth the occassional go, but i still don't like it as the hit boxes are a pain, the random damage as you can perfect hit for 50 damage and then hit the floor for 200 but since the updates the turrets are now harder to tell if destroyed or not meaning you need to look the radar just to tell if its dead.

its like it wants to be a fps but doesn't play like one

Adjusted Necro Ring from Strongboxes anyone?
+12% faster time to revival
People in local chat can read your deathspeak
-50% HP regeneration

Adjusted Necro Ring from Strongboxes anyone?
+12% faster time to revival
People in local chat can read your deathspeak
-50% HP regeneration

or Soul Ring
Every 100 monster kills -1 second respawn
Every PVP kill - 10 seconds respawn

Please also consider the vast majority of players who are happy with the change and haven't come to the forum to whine about it, not just the very small number of people who have made dozens of complaining posts.

By "Vast Majority" you mean 10-20 people that are concerned only about their personal gaming experience and not the well being of the Game :D

Not sure who is as you say whining. However many people are bringing up very solid facts about how this was done poorly and isn't a good change or help Entropia become a better game.

I get it some players want this game to stay small and even want the population to go down because if they profit that is all that matters. Which is your Vast Majority that you speak of.

However I rather see the population on each planet grow by a couple 1,000 and more go into development and gameplay.

The problem is with a RCE when a player is given the chance to make the game better or their wallet better most of the time they will always take the side that benefits them. However the bottom line is we should all try and make the game better and more popular and have more exciting gameplay.

Please also consider the vast majority of players who are happy with the change and haven't come to the forum to whine about it, not just the very small number of people who have made dozens of complaining posts.

Where do you get your info that the "Vast Majority" of players are happy with this change? Only a few from the 16 pages before your post have said their ok with it. And, many, many ppl don't even bother to post on forum. I find you statement hard to believe, where's the proof. IMO, if someone created a poll on this issue, you'd probably find that the majority disapprove of it. Just my opinion, I have no proof, but in so many ways, this is a set-back to EU game play

Where do you get your info that the "Vast Majority" of players are happy with this change? Only a few from the 16 pages before your post have said their ok with it. And, many, many ppl don't even bother to post on forum. I find you statement hard to believe, where's the proof. IMO, if someone created a poll on this issue, you'd probably find that the majority disapprove of it. Just my opinion, I have no proof, but in so many ways, this is a set-back to EU game play

Furthermore the problem with Poles is there aren't many people that are on the forums to begin with. I started on May 1st but didn't even sign up for the forums till October after I was an established player and decided to stick around. That's 5 months of playing everyday before my first post on the forums. People checking out Entropia that quit the first week aren't going to comment on a pole in a forum. They just are going to say wow this gameplay isn't fun and move onto something that is.

I imagine the people that like this change are the same people that want more stop signs and stop lights on their commute so they have more time to text.

If I want to fight a big mob to test my abilities, and I die a few times in the process, that is my business, I don't need big brothers help to discourage me from doing something to save me from myself with a stupid death timer. GTFO of my business and let me play the way I want to play and quit adding more and more restrictions and controls!

The beauty of PE was the wide open spaces of virtual reality sandbox where I could do what I want when I want to do it. Every time I turn around someone is requesting more controls and restrictions limiting me from doing what I want to do "for my own good" or whatever the stupid excuse is. FFS leave me alone and let me play! :mad:

This: What he said

I started on May 1st but didn't even sign up for the forums till October after I was an established player and decided to stick around. That's 5 months of playing everyday before my first post on the forums.

Indeed :)

My ava was born in 2008, I did not even know about forum also, because I also just did checkout the game back then. Forum account created somewhere in 2009, Think almost 9 months later.
And as you can see I have atm only 400 post, it's just recently that I have posted again some.

And indeed those polls are not reliable, I also would rather see a poll ingame, like the voting boxes back then.
I think even when I started they were allready disabled.

If MA realy want a true opinion on things, they should do something like the voting boxes ingame, and then also at least give a notification thru the message system that there would be a topic in the voting system.
I'm to lazy to walk to a voting box everyday to check it out. And ofc the voting system could go thru the message system that we have, at least that way they would reach to all players when they login. Same as this stupid president election, you could only vote thru FB, I don't care about socialmedia, (I love my privacy, I don't want everbody to know who i'm, and yes even for me it's getting harder and harder to keep my privacy) it was all just a publicity stunt. Yes it's good to get exposure out in the world. I understand it.

They rely way to much on this forum here and about the opinions talked about, even stupid bugs seem to be fixed earlier if you report them here on the forum then thru the real support cases, even suggestions can be given thru the support case if you look thru the options in there.

Yes it's eassier thru the forum for them, but indeed not all players care about this forum.
And actually I still don't care about the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
And indeed those polls are not reliable, I also would rather see a poll ingame, like the voting boxes back then.
I think even when I started they were allready disabled.

If MA realy want a true opinion on things, they should do something like the voting boxes ingame, and then also at least give a notification thru the message system that there would be a topic in the voting system.
I'm to lazy to walk to a voting box everyday to check it out. And ofc the voting system could go thru the message system that we have, at least that way they would reach to all players when they login.

Voting system announced with introdaction of Calypso Land Deeds.

Still not implemented!

Even if they would have implemented what was anounced back that days, it wouldn´t be a real representive voting as it is limited to CLD owners.

Anyway better than nothing, and surely better than forum votings.

Voting system announced with introdaction of Calypso Land Deeds.

Still not implemented!

Even if they would have implemented what was anounced back that days, it wouldn´t be a real representive voting as it is limited to CLD owners.

Anyway better than nothing, and surely better than forum votings.

Yeah I remember, but somehow it would still not be realistic voting ofc

It's a forum. That's what happens on forums.

Very few people have posted their opinion in this thread, either for or against. It's just that the ones who are complaining about it have posted 20+ times.

Yeah, that is problem with a lot changes, it's easy to hear just the ones that are complaining. I think it a good move they did.

If more clicking can make someone happy... may I suggest Minesweeper? :cool:

If more clicking can make someone happy... may I suggest Minesweeper? :cool:

Hmmm... eventually instead of just ok button they could do a pop up like they do with the lock box and add at least one round of compet there you have to do before u get back to main game... pay to remove popup with payment split by compet deed owners... popup would only hit after 2 of the 160 second ones

Hmmm... eventually instead of just ok button they could do a pop up like they do with the lock box and add at least one round of compet there you have to do before u get back to main game... pay to remove popup with payment split by compet deed owners... popup would only hit after 2 of the 160 second ones

:yay: do I detect a bit of tongue-in-cheek there?
I mean, c'mon, it would normally take a couple of years of slowly making the game worse to get to something like you suggest. ;)

Am I being unfair? Well, there have been improvements to the game in the last ten years that I have been around, but I'd say it's a close call to say if the game has actually improved overall.

On the other hand, I do have some deeds... but I'd prefer better player retention if given a choice of objectives.

Please also consider Oleg can't count. :laugh:

Against: 20
(Trifle, The Jetman, krazykat, Alina, Mac, The Abomb, Carn, StarGlider, soLO 3000, the-unknown, Xen, atomicstorm, Piotr, Hero, GoNi, Lange Tobias, Goldenboy24, Hero, Avery Howell, sighlentz)

For: 16
(TheOne, Killahbee, Rocket192, Jina Nemi Fox, SpikeBlack, Atomicstorm, krogfan, Oleg, Darth Revan, San, Evey,
Grave Digger, mace9, theProphet, Mega, duncis)

Neutral or "yes" and "no" in the same post: 9
(Xen, georg3, JSeven, Mega, narfi, Post_History, Dan59, sawachika, Jan Universe)

Few people appear in both Neutral and Against, one in both Neutral and For.

4 people have more posts than Oleg. None of them reached 10 posts.

I personally prefer hardcore gaming, so I don't mind if there's a reason to avoid dying. I liked the old Next Island also, while most ppl hated the harsh restrictions.
If I have to use bigger armor, everyone else does also, nothing changes in the zero-sum game.

Anyway, if majority hates something it's not good for the game. Also, it's very likely it will scare away newcomers.

Please also consider Oleg can't count. :laugh:

Against: 20
(Trifle, The Jetman, krazykat, Alina, Mac, The Abomb, Carn, StarGlider, soLO 3000, the-unknown, Xen, atomicstorm, Piotr, Hero, GoNi, Lange Tobias, Goldenboy24, Hero, Avery Howell, sighlentz)

For: 16
(TheOne, Killahbee, Rocket192, Jina Nemi Fox, SpikeBlack, Atomicstorm, krogfan, Oleg, Darth Revan, San, Evey,
Grave Digger, mace9, theProphet, Mega, duncis)

Neutral or "yes" and "no" in the same post: 9
(Xen, georg3, JSeven, Mega, narfi, Post_History, Dan59, sawachika, Jan Universe)

Few people appear in both Neutral and Against, one in both Neutral and For.

4 people have more posts than Oleg. None of them reached 10 posts.

I personally prefer hardcore gaming, so I don't mind if there's a reason to avoid dying. I liked the old Next Island also, while most ppl hated the harsh restrictions.
If I have to use bigger armor, everyone else does also, nothing changes in the zero-sum game.

Anyway, if majority hates something it's not good for the game. Also, it's very likely it will scare away newcomers.

Nice post and thanks for the stats :yay:

Yea there is nothing wrong with Hardcore gaming which is why in Diablo it was fun to do HC mode sometimes where you die once your character is finished. It was a true challenge to never die and build up a character that would survive lag spikes and hope when everything cleared all your time and character was still there.

However usually after you died you then raged and uninstalled. Do something else for awhile when you die. :laugh:

As you say it is very likely to scare away the newcomers and I am grateful I don't have to deal with it and have the advantage of starting before this happened. I think the new players matter most right now and it would be cool if this game grows. Think Entropia has a very cool concept just would be great if there was more players, game development and people on Twitch streaming Entropia. Would be nice if Entropia becomes popular.

The trend in this thread of people that seem to not mind the change all happen to have Big Ped cards and 250+ HP.

By all means, I'm a newbie player (0 PED on my PED card, about 1,000 PED total in-game assets, and about 100 hp) still I love the new change and I think it makes the game more interesting and it somehow forces you to consider your option not blindly march forward. If you ask me, it is even too less; if it would be up to me to decide, I would love to see skill losses on death, like in many other games (but since this is an RCE and people would revolt with torches and pitchforks if this would be implemented, I doubt it will ever happen).

I always hated dying and I avoided it as much as I could, and I was frustrated when I saw that the other people had higher evade or other stats than me just because they were careless running into big mobs to be killed over and over again (and I don't even talk here about bots, but real players doing it deliberately)... I don't think this kind of behavior should be encouraged, but instead, I think that careful planning and paying attention should be the playstyle that is rewarded.

Now, sure, there may be other ways this could be implemented, some of which were mentioned even in this thread (like maybe no evading skill ticks if mob was not damaged at least 10% of his hp) so not saying this is the ideal situation, but comparing with what we had before I say is a big step forward, hurting botters and death farmers and encouraging smart, calculated playstyle.

... just my 2 cents ...

By all means, I'm a newbie player (0 PED on my PED card, about 1,000 PED total in-game assets, and about 100 hp) still I love the new change and I think it makes the game more interesting and it somehow forces you to consider your option not blindly march forward. If you ask me, it is even too less; if it would be up to me to decide, I would love to see skill losses on death, like in many other games (but since this is an RCE and people would revolt with torches and pitchforks if this would be implemented, I doubt it will ever happen).

I always hated dying and I avoided it as much as I could, and I was frustrated when I saw that the other people had higher evade or other stats than me just because they were careless running into big mobs to be killed over and over again (and I don't even talk here about bots, but real players doing it deliberately)... I don't think this kind of behavior should be encouraged, but instead, I think that careful planning and paying attention should be the playstyle that is rewarded.

Now, sure, there may be other ways this could be implemented, some of which were mentioned even in this thread (like maybe no evading skill ticks if mob was not damaged at least 10% of his hp) so not saying this is the ideal situation, but comparing with what we had before I say is a big step forward, hurting botters and death farmers and encouraging smart, calculated playstyle.

... just my 2 cents ...

Your 2 cents appreciated. I remember you saying once to me you hate dying and my response was its part of Entropia and it makes you stronger. Being stuck somewhere and dying over and over trying to escape and jumping right back into action.

While you don't fit into the first group I mentioned you do fit into the other. The one I said about not wanting the game to grow and want it just the way it is cause of personal preferences.

Correct me if im wrong but in RT chat I said i hope this planet gets busier and its population grows some day. You commented -" I hope not i like it just the way it is. I prefer it empty."

Like i said I would love for the game to become popular and have 1,000s of more players on each planet so the game and economy can thrive. However this isn't something that interests you. Which is also why this change is perfect for you.

Its possible I misunderstood you. Although you seemed clear in not wanting new player growth.

Although I guess my personal preference is having a more fun and popular game but not everyone is on that page.

Last edited:
While you don't fit into the first group I mentioned you do fit into the other. The one I said about not wanting the game to grow and want it just the way it is cause of personal preferences.

Correct me if im wrong but in RT chat I said i hope this planet gets busier and its population grows some day. You commented -" I hope not i like it just the way it is. I prefer it empty."

Like i said I would love for the game to become popular and have 1,000s of more players on each planet so the game and economy can thrive. However this isn't something that interests you. Which is also why this change is perfect for you.

Its possible I misunderstood you. Although you seemed clear in not wanting new player growth.

Partially right; I don't want it empty, but I don't want it crowded either; I just like it cozy. :)

So, in my book:
- Calypso is too crowded
- Arkadia is too crowded
- RT is just fine
- Cyrene is just fine
- NI is too empty
- Don't know anything about Toulan, Foma, Crystal Palace
- don't want to talk about the moon since I couldn't be objective

Partially right; I don't want it empty, but I don't want it crowded either; I just like it cozy. :)

So, in my book:
- Calypso is too crowded
- Arkadia is too crowded
- RT is just fine
- Cyrene is just fine
- NI is too empty
- Don't know anything about Toulan, Foma, Crystal Palace
- don't want to talk about the moon since I couldn't be objective

You ain't seen empty til you visit Toulan. I think my whole time there I saw one avatar in radar and that was it... (stayed about a couple of weeks to get the rifi armor when I approached graduation (should have graduated long ago, but changed mentors since George never was online when I was so we couldn't do the hunting part - had him as my original mentor in part just as a symbolic gesture as his mentality is somewhat similar to mine in game)

(unless they 'fixed' it since my graduation, the rifi is great to get there since you get full set of that armor + 2 adjusted pixi parts too. :) )

You ain't seen empty til you visit Toulan. I think my whole time there I saw one avatar in radar and that was it... (stayed about a couple of weeks to get the rifi armor when I approached graduation (should have graduated long ago, but changed mentors since George never was online when I was so we couldn't do the hunting part - had him as my original mentor in part just as a symbolic gesture as his mentality is somewhat similar to mine in game)

(unless they 'fixed' it since my graduation, the rifi is great to get there since you get full set of that armor + 2 adjusted pixi parts too. :) )

Empty planet? Sounds perfect for me. In your lists of lists, do you have a list of missions/rewards?

For some reason I can't find Toulan in the free TP drop down destination list :scratch2:

Sooo, I think I heard that relogging eliminates the wait time, anyone try it? If so, MA may have just inspired a bunch of relogging bots. :laugh:

Empty planet? Sounds perfect for me. In your lists of lists, do you have a list of missions/rewards?

For some reason I can't find Toulan in the free TP drop down destination list :scratch2:
Not empty planet as in deserted empty, but close. This month it's about 3-4 ppl in the main village at the "rush hour" and when you jump out to the mob spawn you can see another green dot or 2. Much less than Rock, suppose it's about the same as Cyrene right now. For a perfectly empty planet have to try NI.

The most beautiful planet is the most deserted, looks like a monument for the CryEngine... :tongue2:

( Toulan missions: http://toulan.wikia.com/wiki/Missions )

Back