Entropia Universe 15.14.0 Release Notes

People can hunt very eco and get a 60% return so you aren't stopping those threads.

Agreed 99.5%

You Can get such return (when u are really unlucky) when hunting 0-2 hrs.. add some time and you will get much better return %.

Of Course.. In a 2 hr hunt you also get 200%+ return..

entropia is somewhat of a sandbox mmo, which means players are free to do what they like, including hunt uneco and having the freedom of making their own mistakes

That hasn't changed. People can still hunt big mobs in uneco fashion if they want to. They just have to factor in the longer revive times when making, of their own free will, the decision whether or not to do so.

I didn't spot this in the notes, but as it's resolved thats good enough for me!

16 February 2017

30 May 2017

Thanks for fixing it! :thumbup:

Known Issues
  • Heal over time tools are missing the heal over time effect and displaying incorrect intervals.

This may noticeably impact market values on the entire UL healing tool category unless corrected soon.

This may noticeably impact market values on the entire UL healing tool category unless corrected soon.

I'd imagine they'll fix that before the weekend TBH, it affects a lot of people.

good and bad

Good:

- Grinding for skills and improving avatars survival abilities finally get some more purpose and goals.
- No more naked newbies with opalo on big shared event mobs in hope on chance to get item while skilled ones are tanking those mobs and paying armor and fap decay.
- No more revival terminal killing, I hope that Vtol hunting and mining will become ban able offense too.
- More karma for activity in PVP zones. Nov death cost something for miners, hunters, oil rig time wasters and pkers in pvp. Its true that you don't loose professional level or few hundred skills upon death but additional time as punishment is good start.
- Land grab will be earned more realistically.

Bad:

- Just additional reason to hate space pvp witch you cant avoid.
- Its question of time when MA will start to sell timer reset potions in web shop.

I didn't spot this in the notes, but as it's resolved thats good enough for me!

Thanks for fixing it! :thumbup:

They could have easily fixed that by removing those stupid night cycles. :rolleyes:

I'd imagine they'll fix that before the weekend TBH, it affects a lot of people.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...97836-Entropia-Universe-15-14-1-Release-Notes

Good:

- Grinding for skills and improving avatars survival abilities finally get some more purpose and goals.
- No more naked newbies with opalo on big shared event mobs in hope on chance to get item while skilled ones are tanking those mobs and paying armor and fap decay.
- No more revival terminal killing, I hope that Vtol hunting and mining will become ban able offense too.
- More karma for activity in PVP zones. Nov death cost something for miners, hunters, oil rig time wasters and pkers in pvp. Its true that you don't loose professional level or few hundred skills upon death but additional time as punishment is good start.
- Land grab will be earned more realistically.

Bad:

- Its question of time when MA will start to sell timer reset potions in web shop.

Acquiring HP and Defense skills have always had a purpose, this doesn't really solve anything, all this does is add one more thing to annoy players.

Good:
... agreed!

Bad:

If folks are penalized for getting shot by pirates, there is the next shitstorm coming with absolute certainty. For planet-side hunting, I think it's finally a reason to use up all the H-DNA pills collected as free bonus with webshop purchases, which I haven't had much luck selling anyway. As said above, I also find this a good idea in principle, while rules may need some refining to avoid hurting where it shouldn't.

Agree with GoNi and LangeTobias totaly

don't they already, in a roundabout way with hdna, etc.

Lol whats wrong with newbies hunting naked with TT weapon at high lvl shared events? They don't get any good loot anyway.

Most high lvl players don't seem to understand that you need content for newbies in a game like EU, because they are the foundation and you always need new players, the more the better.
Cut another big piece of fun content off for them, whats good about that?
On a egoistic way for high lvl players to stop newbies from participating seems good yes.

EU turns more and more to a elite only game in my opinion, so you want that?

This reviving sucks, I just tested by dieing 4 times

1. 10 seconds
2. 20 seconds
3. 40 seconds
4. 80 seconds!!!!

This is really bad on hunts, especially if the mobs regens a lot

Also do we need more clicking? Carpel tunnel syndrome everywhere

I am not a happy participant

Agree with you there - totally sucks!
Sad its taken so long for them to reimplement the chat and that its bugged - quality job MA
How long has it been since vu10 now? wow! - guess we can expect umbranoids by 2024?
Wondering how; if it takes years for them to address issues reported in support tickets how they can manage to have time to implement new content - that people don't want or ask for and hate from the beginning?
Really wondering whats next; losing interest as it never seems to improve
SAD

Team hunts are going to suck, especially if mentor / disciple lvl / gear differences.

Whoever dies more will pretty much be out of action for substantial amounts of time during the team hunt.

So either all team hunt participants have similar gear / lvls / health, or the "lesser" players are pretty much not able to team with the "higher" players.

Not sure if that's what MA wants .....

it's simple .. skill up, gear up, team up, choose the right mob and stop dying ffs. take care of your team members too, if you don't want your team to suck balls, or make use of a medic if you can't stand it alone. divine your ass up, get some HDNA, still need any more options?

so wth are you discussing here peeps? stop arguing like you joined the game yesterday! :scratch2:

it's simple .. skill up, gear up, team up, choose the right mob and stop dying ffs. take care of your team members too, if you don't want your team to suck balls, or make use of a medic if you can't stand it alone. divine your ass up, get some HDNA, still need any more options?

so wth are you discussing here peeps? stop arguing like you joined the game yesterday! :scratch2:

No we didn't join yesterday but obviously you don't care about anyone joining today. Which is the point I will keep bringing up because it is the only point that really in the end matters.

How can we make this game amazing? Adding a revive timer to drive away new people joining checking out the game for the first time today isn't going to do that. We need VU's that work on more fun and exciting gameplay.

How do we increase the new player population? This game has an extremely high turnover rate and it's nearly impossible to get people to join and actually stay. Death penalties while some players will be like suck it up don't realize that it's the new players we need to actually increase the overall Entropia Experience.

How can we make this game more fun? Literally the most important thing we have here although some will debate it's the PEDs on their cards. This is a game. Games that are fun get talked about streamed and attract new players. Obviously this change is a move in the wrong direction. I would like to see the population increase and to have more players out there starting their Entropia journey.

So let's start having meaningful discussions on changes to make this game better. Not just chuck out something in a VU see if it works and lose money in the process. MA likes money and this change will not make that happen. So this is bad for the players and overall Entropia as a whole. If we only have a game with Ubers left it's hardly a game at that point and you aren't Uber anymore :laugh:

Thanks

The Abomb

No we didn't join yesterday but obviously you don't care about anyone joining today. Which is the point I will keep bringing up because it is the only point that really in the end matters.

How can we make this game amazing? Adding a revive timer to drive away new people joining checking out the game for the first time today isn't going to do that. We need VU's that work on more fun and exciting gameplay.

How do we increase the new player population? This game has an extremely high turnover rate and it's nearly impossible to get people to join and actually stay. Death penalties while some players will be like suck it up don't realize that it's the new players we need to actually increase the overall Entropia Experience.

How can we make this game more fun? Literally the most important thing we have here although some will debate it's the PEDs on their cards. This is a game. Games that are fun get talked about streamed and attract new players. Obviously this change is a move in the wrong direction. I would like to see the population increase and to have more players out there starting their Entropia journey.

So let's start having meaningful discussions on changes to make this game better. Not just chuck out something in a VU see if it works and lose money in the process. MA likes money and this change will not make that happen. So this is bad for the players and overall Entropia as a whole. If we only have a game with Ubers left it's hardly a game at that point and you aren't Uber anymore :laugh:

Thanks

The Abomb

while i think the death counter needs tweaking and is a little quick to lock you for over 1 minute, the new players won't know any difference so won't leave because of it as its all they know and its not a unique feature to EU.

prehaps getting hit by a shared loot mob doesn't increase timer, this would help the waves

perhaps getting hit by a shared loot mob doesn't increase timer, this would help the waves

Botters would then just flock to shared mobs....guess we could use them as riot shields.
Maybe have a maximum revive counter on being killed by a shared mobs, say 30 secs. That way its not too long but there is still a delay. Or better yet, bring out some new mindforce revive chips (L) that can be used to revive one person or even a whole "team" at once, new tactic for shared mobs???

don't they already, in a roundabout way with hdna, etc.

The cool down timer in hdna makes it worthless imo. Go try and kill the big marcimex deep in the cave and see how fast hdna becomes useless.

Botters would then just flock to shared mobs....guess we could use them as riot shields.
Maybe have a maximum revive counter on being killed by a shared mobs, say 30 secs. That way its not too long but there is still a delay. Or better yet, bring out some new mindforce revive chips (L) that can be used to revive one person or even a whole "team" at once, new tactic for shared mobs???

shared revive would be useful, maybe a devine chip with AoE could help teams

while i think the death counter needs tweaking and is a little quick to lock you for over 1 minute, the new players won't know any difference so won't leave because of it as its all they know and its not a unique feature to EU.

prehaps getting hit by a shared loot mob doesn't increase timer, this would help the waves

Sure, new players will not know the difference. They will just wonder why this game got this weird "extended timer" compared to other games they play. And maybe since there does not seem to be any good rational for such a timer, maybe this game just has other weirdness as well and may as well decide it's not worth trying it out for an extended time.

Can you imagine a newbie, logs in, gets some newbie gear, runs around, trying out stuff by going around shooting stuff. Very very soon the newbie will notice that he/she is waiting for alot of time to revive, compared to the amount of time actually spent shooting stuff, exploring stuff. And guess what, if he msgs in global chat asking about why this is the case, most people will see OooOoOo and will not know what is he asking. And the newbie may decide people dont want to answer simple questions .....

You see how it can go?

So assuming the rational for extended timer is bots, lets make normal players pay for more gear so that they can play like "normal"? What does a bot care if it takes 10 secs or 10 minutes to revive? All that the bot coder has to do is set the timer for revive (depending on how often / soon death happens) and do actions after that. I don't see the revive timer as a hinderance for any half decent coder.

shared revive would be useful, maybe a devine chip with AoE could help teams

Yeap, again, pay more to get more gear to get the same level of game play.

Anyway, they will have to fix one other thing.

I was hunting huons, at Storm's Keep, in Arkadia. Was killed, run out of the revive, and got killed instantly again. The turrets only start to shoot mobs if there is a green dot in radar range. Sometimes the TP can be surrounded by 5-10 mobs and you running out gets you instakilled. While waiting for the 20 secs timer (got killed 2nd time within secs after all), I saw the turret killing the mobs in the revive outpost area.

So, ended up spending 30 secs for revive (10 secs for first revive), run out, instant death (20 secs for 2nd revive) while the mob was regenerating.
:mad:

Clear the area around revives from mobs - either have turrets always active, or have revive / TP area set as a no spawn zone / no mob for a range of 20m (or more, if mobs in that area have ranged attacks) or something.

On another note, I recall some shared mob events where the mob is actually at the revive area (at twin peaks for example), and people get killed, revive, and die instantly within secs of reviving. So, next time, such events, if you die, revive, and die again, after a couple of this revives happening, you are going to end up waiting a loooong time to revive.

Those events will be great in the future. NOT.

Sure, new players will not know the difference. They will just wonder why this game got this weird "extended timer" compared to other games they play. And maybe since there does not seem to be any good rational for such a timer, maybe this game just has other weirdness as well and may as well decide it's not worth trying it out for an extended time.

Can you imagine a newbie, logs in, gets some newbie gear, runs around, trying out stuff by going around shooting stuff. Very very soon the newbie will notice that he/she is waiting for alot of time to revive, compared to the amount of time actually spent shooting stuff, exploring stuff. And guess what, if he msgs in global chat asking about why this is the case, most people will see OooOoOo and will not know what is he asking. And the newbie may decide people dont want to answer simple questions .....

You see how it can go?

I was thinking about my beginnings in the game where I got this "Mentor" who was not much of a mentor said, ok, first thing you need to do is go to Entropia Pioneers, download the map, and go collect all the TPs. I died over and over and over again trying to get through areas populated by mobs to get to the TPs. I didn't have a tp chip, I didn't have a vehicle, no help, nothing, I figured out I could pull mobs and die to make a path before the mobs respawned or wandered back in the path. I can't imagine trying to do that with this stupid rez timer, I would have said fuck this and left and never looked back :laugh:

Long time players will remember it was 60 seconds to revive after death back in 2006-2008 ish in any case, and we just accepted it.

Long time players will remember it was 60 seconds to revive after death back in 2006-2008 ish in any case, and we just accepted it.

I have been here since 2005-11-10 and I don't recall a 1 minute after death to revive.

Maybe there was a one minute wait prior to that. But there was also lesser competition in terms of mmorpg games.

Now with so many monthly pay / free to play online games, I doubt you can compare current game to something 10-15 years ago anyway. With the extra competition, expectation has gone up as well.

Totally agree , but do you recall there was no regen like today either ? :confused:

I have been here since 2005-11-10 and I don't recall a 1 minute after death to revive.

Maybe there was a one minute wait prior to that. But there was also lesser competition in terms of mmorpg games.

Now with so many monthly pay / free to play online games, I doubt you can compare current game to something 10-15 years ago anyway. With the extra competition, expectation has gone up as well.

It was 60 second counter after death, but many people knew you could press T after dying which changed the counter from 60 seconds to 10 seconds - until someone told you that, you waited a full minute. ;)

Totally agree , but do you recall there was no regen like today either ? :confused:

Yes, and I was (still am, really) opposed to regen on mobs when it was introduced, but the majority of mobs now have it.

Yes but times change. Eventually things and ways that games were played become extinct like the 8 track. What was accepted in 2006 might not be accepted today in 2017. It's as much a business as a game it has to be successful, fun and most importantly change with the times. So I don't believe that an archaic death timer fits in this game. That doesn't seem like progress. If we aren't moving forward we are moving backward.

Yes but times change. Eventually things and ways that games were played become extinct like the 8 track. What was accepted in 2006 might not be accepted today in 2017. It's as much a business as a game it has to be successful, fun and most importantly change with the times. So I don't believe that an archaic death timer fits in this game. That doesn't seem like progress. If we aren't moving forward we are moving backward.

As others have mentioned, it's primarily an anti-botting measure.

Some have complained for years about Mindark seemingly taking no measures to combat it, this is a measure that discourages it and probably will eliminate it. Unfortunately, sometimes in order to combat such botting / macros etc there is an impact on everyone else. It's not an elegant solution and may need tweaking, but it does the job it was intended to do (presumably - I've not been to Zychion to check)

As others have mentioned, it's primarily an anti-botting measure.

Some have complained for years about Mindark seemingly taking no measures to combat it, this is a measure that discourages it and probably will eliminate it. Unfortunately, sometimes in order to combat such botting / macros etc there is an impact on everyone else. It's not an elegant solution and may need tweaking, but it does the job it was intended to do (presumably - I've not been to Zychion to check)

As I have mentioned any measure against Bots that makes Gameplay worse is a poor measure to take and shouldn't be done. Compared to other games this game has hardly any Bots. I have never seen a Bot at Zychion or in this game and if there was one there then we should have a better ingame Bot reporting feature to have them removed. This way there is no impact to the players and how the game is being played. Eliminating players and their deposits to supposedly combat some Bots isn't a win in anyone's book.

This is also an assumption. We had no discussion about it. MA didn't make an official statement about the change or say they planned on implementing this change to fight Bots. We actually have no idea why this change was done till MA actually states it. They just made a significant change willy nilly on a Tues that irritated a significant amount of the player base. Which is wrong.

So this change should be reverted until we actually have some transparency on the situation cause at the end of the day it just looks like MA doesn't care and it's being viewed that way by many. I hardly think this is an Anti Bot measure as much as a Anti fun measure.

Pretty sure we want to increase the Fun factor and keep Entropia growing.

As I have mentioned any measure against Bots that makes Gameplay worse is a poor measure to take and shouldn't be done. Compared to other games this game has hardly any Bots. I have never seen a Bot at Zychion or in this game and if there was one there then we should have a better ingame Bot reporting feature to have them removed. This way there is no impact to the players and how the game is being played. Eliminating players and their deposits to supposedly combat some Bots isn't a win in anyone's book.

This is also an assumption. We had no discussion about it. MA didn't make an official statement about the change or say they planned on implementing this change to fight Bots. We actually have no idea why this change was done till MA actually states it. They just made a significant change willy nilly on a Tues that irritated a significant amount of the player base. Which is wrong.

So this change should be reverted until we actually have some transparency on the situation cause at the end of the day it just looks like MA doesn't care and it's being viewed that way by many. I hardly think this is an Anti Bot measure as much as a Anti fun measure.

Pretty sure we want to increase the Fun factor and keep Entropia growing.

You clearly have no idea how bad the botting actually is. I wont go into details on this thread because everything is always removed but feel free to check my blog post about botting (link below in my sig).

I think this is welcoming attempt to combat the issue. It can be frustrating of-course. And I myself hate that I have to click revive after 10sec timer (loved the first version where there was no timer at all) but in general it is a nice attempt. Hopefully it can be improved to keep the function, but minimise impact on fair players.

/Soko

You clearly have no idea how bad the botting actually is. I wont go into details on this thread because everything is always removed but feel free to check my blog post about botting (link below in my sig).

I think this is welcoming attempt to combat the issue. It can be frustrating of-course. And I myself hate that I have to click revive after 10sec timer (loved the first version where there was no timer at all) but in general it is a nice attempt. Hopefully it can be improved to keep the function, but minimise impact on fair players.

/Soko

Don't we have "live support" ingame now?

Why not they be given the authority to "kick out" a bot if someone points one out. The "live support" people can receive complains, check on the suspected bot, if identified as a bot, they can flag the account for further investigation from MA / kick / ban the account.

In the year 2017, there are many avenues available for entertainment. Gaming, which used to be mostly done in consoles and PCs about 10 years or further back, is not the only thing possible nowadays. Now there is convenience of Steam, mobile entertainment choices, many more indie and studio developed games and other forms of entertainment. Even stuff like facebook games, etc.

I myself have 3 games in my laptop. Only one of them is EU, obviously. Not to mention my various mobile devices which have their own entertainment / games.

Out of all the games I have played, I don't recall such an "anti mod" feature currently being deployed in any other game. Even games like Doom / Quake from over 10 years ago used other features / technologies for bot checking (Punk buster anyone?).

Seriously, extended revive is NOT an anti bot feature. All that a bot coder has to know is wait for the "revive" button to appear after count down, and send a left mouse button click to that button location. And the revive button is very very very easy to identify programmatically (fixed location, fixed colour, has specific defined time before it appears).

If they think this is an anti bot feature, MA "engineers" / "coders" are dumber then I thought.

:scratch2:

Back