Entropia Universe 15.14.0 Release Notes

The only thing I can see it making more meaningful is, for any particular mob, having significantly greater HP than any potential killing crit.

Evade/dodge professions, and the ability to use higher level weapons, also contribute to reducing the likelihood and frequency of dying on a mob.

Evade/dodge professions, and the ability to use higher level weapons, also contribute to reducing the likelihood and frequency of dying on a mob.

I'm using a mod merc+hc204+arso ten+buffs, I think that used to be somewhere in the high level weapon category, but there are always bigger mobs for me to want to try, it takes as long as it takes to kill them, I'm not likely to upgrade my weapon any time soon. I know that it is not much but my hp is almost 250, my evade is almost lvl 60, some of the mobs I try are high enough level that they ignore my evade, and can crit kill me. The thought of having to wait for a not-well-thought-out revive cool down in the event I die a few more times than I would like for whatever reason is not going to encourage me to want to even try to do any big game hunting that makes the game exciting for me. I know I can hunt lower level mobs in my hp/crit death range and never die, but that gets boring.

I'm using a mod merc+hc204+arso ten+buffs, I think that used to be somewhere in the high level weapon category, but there are always bigger mobs for me to want to try, it takes as long as it takes to kill them, I'm not likely to upgrade my weapon any time soon. I know that it is not much but my hp is almost 250, my evade is almost lvl 60, some of the mobs I try are high enough level that they ignore my evade, and can crit kill me. The thought of having to wait for a not-well-thought-out revive cool down in the event I die a few more times than I would like for whatever reason is not going to encourage me to want to even try to do any big game hunting that makes the game exciting for me. I know I can hunt lower level mobs in my hp/crit death range and never die, but that gets boring.

There is decreased crit buffs, there are bigger armors, teaming is an option or ofc get insane amount of hp or ofc go for a mob that dont hit you as hard. I perfectly agree it doesnt make it easier but it adds a value to death at least that hasnt been around since ages in this game (we became spirits and had to walk to revive in the past I recall)

Anyway I perfectly agree but on the bright side mobs dont regen if theres nobody in radar so if youre gonna die make sure to do it alone if repeated alot I guess :D

Reactions: Mac
mobs dont regen if theres nobody in radar so if youre gonna die make sure to do it alone if repeated alot I guess :D

im assuming it will still regen while your laid there awaiting respawn

There is decreased crit buffs, there are bigger armors, teaming is an option or ofc get insane amount of hp or ofc go for a mob that dont hit you as hard. I perfectly agree it doesnt make it easier but it adds a value to death at least that hasnt been around since ages in this game (we became spirits and had to walk to revive in the past I recall)

Anyway I perfectly agree but on the bright side mobs dont regen if theres nobody in radar so if youre gonna die make sure to do it alone if repeated alot I guess :D

Maxing crit decrease buff with xmas '16 ring, with big mobs I use the stable HP buff on a pet. Not a fan of teams, like to hunt mobs that hit hard to my max ability to make it fun, doing my best to build HP but short of gobbling tons of chips to build HP, it takes time with normal skilling/missions. I am old enough to remember ghost travel, but I was just exploring and running around getting tp's back then, I hadn't invested a ton of money in my avatar to hunt big mobs, then so I didn't care. I understand people wanting to nerf bots, but not at the expense of my experience.

I understand people wanting to nerf bots, but not at the expense of my experience.

You can't please everyone......for them to nerf or stop bots, its going to effect everyone's gameplay at some stage.
Can't have one without the other....granted this may not have been the best solution, however it is a solution that will work fairly effectively. It's also possible for people to have a chance at changing their style of play. Instead of the "next target, auto tool, next target", etc which is quite boring, you now have to actually think about how you want to take something down or whether you should even attempt to anymore.

Big shared mobs like Sand King are a problem definitely, but general gameplay will be minimal inconvenience if your geared right and maybe use acceleration rings and chips to back pedal faster to allow more hits before they get you.

Start thinking outside the box.

Start thinking outside the box.

Yes MA, please think outside the box and come up with comprehensive well thought out solutions instead of implementing knee jerk solutions that affect everyone, especially paying customers, because of the actions of a few exploiters.

So I got commando by doing nothing? And killing mulmuns all the time with shitloot
And than there are ofcourse fapjobs, no hunters on big mobs means no fapjobs

Im sorry, was rude and childish of me. We disagree but that can happen and I was acting out too much.

Youre great and I know you know I think that.

Sorry!!!

Well by time we pulled the 2nd Zombie Kong I was up to a 80 sec Rez and just decided to stop. Bad RNG and got targeted right away again after a Rez. First Zombie Kong was ok but after the deaths add up it's a no go on events. Don't think every event is supposed to be only players with the very best gear, skills and buffs or am I missing something. There are players lower then myself that want to have fun too and that won't happen. The fact is players are just going to cycle less PED when they are dead waiting to revive.

Less fun as well, if you are waiting for revive longer then you get a chance to pew pew ....

I know it's already affected how I am playing now. Wonder if this will be permanent. Cycling less currently.

lol

I think it's a step in the anti-botting direction. Simple enough to make a couple of changes. Inputing a random 4-digit non-case sensitive alphanumeric code replaces the rez timer, even the 10 second one, and new blueprints for weapon attachments that initiate the stepped revive times in PvP combat.

It actually sounds like a good idea to me, apart from tackling botters it always struck me as illogical that there is no penalty for dying. But it seems to need some refinement, and accompanying measures like splitting mission killpoints/chance in team hunting. Hunting things like Navi and other heavy hitters will be different and some may become unattractive. I'll see how it goes (provided it becomes affordable again to do anything at all).

Like these "skillbotters" would have any real impact on the skills (prices). Instead now MA gets even less turnover, some lowers turnover, some stays on same, some stops playing alltogether, doesnt seem like gain for MA or players....

REady to revive?

This is not for boters this is again a rip of for free HP you have to pay if you want full hp and dont go toilete and maybe full after.

If tehy want no boters they can ban them but no we let everyone think thi sis against boting it is only to gain money from healing

Last edited:
People should chill a little.
Revive cooldown is a good idea but it needs to be further refined so it gets even better!
We did a Sand King last night and we called MA LiveSupport Official so they can observe the impact of this change on the large shared events. And it has a big impact (you can see on my twitch stream video, the ratio between green dots and white dots :D )

Maybe for the next few days and weeks hunters avoid jumping on the meanest and biggest mobs to die less? Skill more, be more careful etc.. there should be some penalty to this, otherwise, any level avatar can kill for example (as it happened recently) warlock level 10. You just die one gazillion times on it, but, you kill it. Is it ok? Nope...

Changes made to the wave-loot are insignificant, they change nothing so far. PLEASE, MA, there is little time left before migration, could you look into this and do things right before the migration? It would be amazing for all hunters! (except exploiters, ofc) - all you have to do is to remove the common materials from wave and increase the chance of rare materials to drop so they don't drop in the first mob, but a bit later (at least 15-30 minutes later), so there will not be a wave indicator anymore... THIS is all you have to do!

I think most of the changes are going in the right direction and this is a good VU. Good job!

Increase the times for reviving is a great Idea!
Maybe ppl hunt more mobs on their lvl, or starting to use real Armors to hunt mobs.
This could lead into less whining threads on PCF also :lolup:
This could lead into an increase of skillvalue.
This could lead into an increase of MU for looted Items.
This could lead into an increase of MU for Armors, Fap's..........

And so on....

But as i said "It could" and not "it will".
But i say it will reduce the killed Hunters that got killed by agro'd mobs from nonsense skilling noobs in some areas.

At the end i think this feature can be a good step for the Economy in this game.

With the revive changes, better remove the mobs that hit for 400+, as it is nearly impossible to kill these now.

What a bad move from MA, killing all higher level hunts.

It hurts UBERs aswell as midlevels.

I remember my first solo Falx kill, was with about 10 revives and always TP back, thats why we have TP chips !

With 2 min to wait to go back, such tactics is no longer possible for low and mid hunters, that want to kill something above their levels, or try some harder mobs they never done befor.

As already mentioned, sandking, THE Evi and Mulciber will be very hard, even for really high skilled players.

Hunters using FAP services to hunt at the upper edge of their levels, which still die from crits, will although have a much worse entertainment, as we all know there is a lot of crits, beside all the ninja spawns.

Obviously MA wants to drive away players from hunting the big mobs, well snablesnot time again.

I think it's a step in the anti-botting direction. Simple enough to make a couple of changes. Inputing a random 4-digit non-case sensitive alphanumeric code replaces the rez timer, even the 10 second one, and new blueprints for weapon attachments that initiate the stepped revive times in PvP combat.

4 digit code is a worthy suggestion .. nice idea.

You could start the timer if you die say 10x in an hour. That will get the bots and not most people.

And another possible solution.

Ludvig , could you please forward these ideas ?

Last edited:
Not every mob has to be killable for everyone in game. I think its a nice step to make skilling and survivability worth more again. Yes, it will change stuff some people hunt, but that has not to be bad, right?
A "bad" feature can be a good feature long term or once people got used to it! ;)

And healers that fear people wont hunt big anymore: Yes, maybe, but small players doing medium might hire a healer now more often! ;)

And hey, probably there will be a "skip timer" pill for 50pec in TT soon :D

any level avatar can kill for example (as it happened recently) warlock level 10. You just die one gazillion times on it, but, you kill it. Is it ok? Nope...

And why is this not OK ?

If UL armors like suprem, shadow and other nice gear would still drop, then maybe revive killing is not OK, but it doesn´t drop!

If MM, DOAs and other high end UL guns would still drop, it maybe not OK, but that doesn´t drop anymore.

Why give all advantage to the 10 year oldstylers, and make it impossible for newer players to hunt anything that has a chance for a nice item drop?

I still call that protectionisum and favorism for old stylers, like you!

Actually I liked it a lot to kill mobs above my level with a lots of death to defeat it.
Thats costs a lot of ME, beside armor and FAP decay, and surely a lot more cost to kill the regen of the mob, than you UBERs ever will have to pay. Well I pay that - other simply do VTOL exploit, what I never do!

It just makes it more attractive for the VTOL exploiters, and how many of them have been banned ? Very likely zero !
They are still around, and occationally you still see them doing VTOL hunting!

Another question:
Is revive killing and wasting tons of ME bad for the economy or MA? NO!

Is this eco ? NO way, its insane but fun.

Why make it impossible?

MA is really good in killing all the fun this game could offer.

Why make it impossible?

MA is really good in killing all the fun this game could offer.

Agreed

More restrictions = less fun

setting a timer to revival was... well i have no idea what that was all about... to keep us from hunting bigger mobs as mentioned above I suppose...

Putting reg on mobs was enough,

now its reg + revival counter if you are hunting something above your level (which already was uneco without the increasing rev timer) so... Bad move for MA? And possibly just more annoying for players... Not really win win...

I spoke with some other entropians about this new dynamic feature, they said it was because some people had bots running from revival into mulcibers etc to farm evade...

Wouldn't it be better for the players that if you keep dying over and over without any imput of damage or other skill gains, your skill gain of evade stops? There surely are ways to easily "catch" those who farm evade by revival-running into mobs over and over..

But the big long arm of MA once again hits us all with their hammer when they think something is wrong.

I wonder how this will affect "VTOL hunting" ... Yeah probably not the way they thought...

Also, having 172hp unbuffed and hunting different mobs I can at times be critical hit killed in one hit, these mobs have reg... and when I tp back to finish it, bam, another crit instantly, revival timer is now more than double from what it just was... That honestly made me stop for the whole evening - win win.

Last edited:
Cannot wait till the day they introduce the Skill Requirements to armour, as the armour pieces elude to......

then this whole revive timer thing will pale in comparison.

I spoke with some other entropians about this new dynamic feature, they said it was because some people had bots running from revival into mulcibers etc to farm evade...

Wouldn't it be better for the players that if you keep dying over and over without any imput of damage or other skill gains, your skill gain of evade stops? There surely are ways to easily "catch" those who farm evade by revival-running into mobs over and over..

But the big long arm of MA once again hits us all with their hammer when they think something is wrong.

I wonder how this will affect "VTOL hunting" ... Yeah probably not the way they thought...

best suggestion for bots has already been made, add some sort of capcha before you can respawn

Cannot wait till the day they introduce the Skill Requirements to armour, as the armour pieces elude to......

probably not, i think most common armors will be wearable early game, like maybe 30 hit skill. The one i await is ring decay

Oh this will be awesome :D I want all zeh big mobs for myself :smoke: Now they only need to put some unique items in them also to bump skill value some more.

"any level avatar can kill for example (as it happened recently) warlock level 10. You just die one gazillion times on it, but, you kill it. Is it ok? Nope..."

And why is this not OK ?

Hunting mobs way above your level also means hunting mobs way above your budget, in theory.
The game is about skiling and grinding, to get to a level where you gradually go for the bigger mob.
Hunting way above your budget leads to the so-popular threads of 40-60% tt return. And that's how the game is buit, you need to kill many mobs of the same species in order to get constant returns.

Hunting 3 warlock 10 per month then complaining on all forum sections about those 3 loots it may be fun for a few, but for the vast majority it's not. Or you can use large teams to bring down large mobs..

Adapt!

entropia is somewhat of a sandbox mmo, which means players are free to do what they like, including hunt uneco and having the freedom of making their own mistakes

out of this freedom new ideas can arrive where profit can be made, but most people trying to figure something out or just hunting big mobs will lose money, still i am on the side let them hunt the way they want, rather then adding more and more restrictions in how you can play the game

"any level avatar can kill for example (as it happened recently) warlock level 10. You just die one gazillion times on it, but, you kill it. Is it ok? Nope..."

Hunting mobs way above your level also means hunting mobs way above your budget, in theory.
The game is about skiling and grinding, to get to a level where you gradually go for the bigger mob.
Hunting way above your budget leads to the so-popular threads of 40-60% tt return. And that's how the game is buit, you need to kill many mobs of the same species in order to get constant returns.

Hunting 3 warlock 10 per month then complaining on all forum sections about those 3 loots it may be fun for a few, but for the vast majority it's not. Or you can use large teams to bring down large mobs..

Adapt!

People can hunt very eco and get a 60% return so you aren't stopping those threads.

Adapt is a way a saying deal with a bad change that doesn't make the game any better. The trend in this thread of people that seem to not mind the change all happen to have Big Ped cards and 250+ HP.

Let's for just one minute actually think about the players that start the game with 88 HP No PED and are checking out the game for the very first time. The players trying to decide whether to make their first Depo or move along. These are the important players because we need them to grow the game and economy. If this change happened when I first started it's unlikely that I would of stayed. Gratefully I don't have to deal with it as much now however every NEW player does and at the end of the day makes an already difficult game seem even more less fun.

When we have threads like - Why isn't Entropia more popular. Which is a pretty good read and of course there is a long list of things that I won't go into. We don't need changes like this to strangle the growth of new players.

Let's ask ourselves how this changes makes the game more fun? It doesn't
Let's ask ourselves does this change bring more players into Entropia? It doesn't

While this change won't effect some people and some people might not care. I think we should look at the broader picture. It's not about whether I can personally adapt to the change it's about overall The People and how much fun they are having and do they tell their friends about Entropia and they should join too.

Thanks

The Abomb

People can hunt very eco and get a 60% return so you aren't stopping those threads.

I just have to stop you there to call bullshit. Thats all.

Back