How to determine the right weapon for a mob?

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
Obviously you want to kill a mob as fast as possible, but the trade-off is overkill. How do you match up the right DPS (or weapon in general) with the mob? Is there a formula for this? Or do you just go as big as possible and use a finisher?

Obviously you want to kill a mob as fast as possible, but the trade-off is overkill. How do you match up the right DPS (or weapon in general) with the mob? Is there a formula for this? Or do you just go as big as possible and use a finisher?

I go big + finisher. Can't see how it can be more efficient :)

It's a tough question to answer, especially since mob hp regeneration and movement speed vary quite a bit. I would say to use the highest eco weapon you can use with appropriate dps, then use your highest eco finisher.

Now as far as what is appropriate, i think the rule of thumb is if you can kill it (assuming you use range weapons) before the mob can hit you, then that is optimal. However, that isn't always possible so I would say if you can't kill it in <30 shots for big mobs, or <15 shots for small mobs, then the mob is too big for your gun.

In the end there is no magic formula or ideal gun set up per mob that exists today. It's more of a trial/error thing for you to test with your set up and hunting desires, and going from there. Keep in mind that rings/buffs/enhancers also come to play when deciding weapons vs mobs, so that adds to the complexity to answer this question.

I am by no means an uber hunter so take my response with a grain of salt, and I'm curious to see what other responses end up here as well.

for most mobs you can apply the rule 7/25 shots to kill it

In crowded spots use one shot does 60 percent health damage to avoid kill stealers

Most high health mobs takes me around 20 shots on avg?

This is with multiple setups using different dmg outputs.

Urban legend: "Regen = lost peds" (unless you go to extremes with it, ofc)
Not an urban legend: "Overkill = lost peds".

It seems there's something funny going on with your relative dps, but I doubt we can ever figure what exactly - too many unknown factors changing too fast...

In the end there's one simple rule that's always true - if something works, it works.

In crowded spots use one shot does 60 percent health damage to avoid kill stealers

Please do not give hunting advise. Pretty please, you are just screwing people who, I have no idea why, would listen to you.

For new players, disciples, following:

HP/10. Don't hunt puny with Bukins, period.

They will figure it out in time. It's not hard to calculate how much you lose over time if you kill 7 hp on a mob with 30 damage hit over period of Iron Mission.

Back