Info: Leeloo's Mining Guide

Very nice guide LeelooM. Most important is that you manage to inspire people to become miners.

(Epic post coming up but your thread inspired me and deserves the credit)

One advice I would like to add is buy crap loads of blueprints, no matter how useless they seem to be. Visit the crafting machine after each run, and specially after you have gathered more and more enmatters and ores in your storage. If you are lucky you will be able to craft something from what you gathered that pays much better than selling the mineral finds for a low markup. And some crafted components sells very well in low quantities.

I can't remember his name back in the early PE days but he ran mining classes ingame. For a small fee we gathered at a spot and he ran the basics. We listened big eyed and impressed at this mining gurus advice and tips. I get all :love: when I remember my first mining school. And this is probably a reason why I fell in love with mining from day 1. Maybe take that up again LeeLooM?

I left PE/EU and came back in 2013 and decided to play more disciplined. And ofc I went back to mining.
I have never used LBML, only spreadsheets. For anyone doing it "manually" like me this is how I did it

Locos Manual Mining Method (LMMM)

1. Deposit so you have at least 1000 ped :D (if you can)
  2. Chose a planet to chart (ofc I would start with Caly)
  3. Make a planet charting spreadsheet showing latitude and longitude. Run along a latitude and longitude with 200 m apart of droppings. Print it out. Save all finds and write down any comments regarding the location of the finds. Can be info about mobs, terrain or whatever that makes it hard or easy to mine in that area. Mine for all mineral finds, enmatter, ores and possibly treasures on Arkadia.
    Sell of when you got ok stacks and repeat this until you are out of peds.
  4. Depo some more :eyecrazy:
  5. Analyze your planet charting spreadsheet and select areas where you got finds and areas which is suitable for mining. (I would advice you to avoid areas with to much mobs and mountains)
  6. Make a grid spreadsheet and print it out where you add finds.

mininggrid.jpg

In the example you can add the grid resolution to whatever you want (cell E4).
    In cells F6 and A12 you add the X- and Y-coords at the center of the location you want to investigate further. The rest of the cells in column A and row 6 you add calculations to add or subtract the grid resolution.
  7. Tweak the grid after one run. You can tweak the resolution and the coordinates to better cover the finds in that area.
  8. Save the center location of your tweaked grid spreadsheet as an area to mine in.
  9. Repeat this so you have 5-10 areas. (I had 10 on each planet.)
  10. After this you can go as nuts as you want in Excel. The spreadsheets I added after finding areas was:
    • Mining run stock sheet: Here you add all your finds during a run + find types and their markups.
      miningstocks.jpg
  11. A result spreadsheet where you for each row adds the results of the runs with every cost and income added.
  12. Diagrams plotting the tt and markup results after each run.
    miningdiagram.jpg
  13. A universe info spreadsheet: Here I added all the resource types in the universe and added in which locations there where plentyful finds of a particular resource.
  14. Mining depth spreadsheet: Just make a copy of LBML's depth chart. Very conventient to have in Excel to.
  15. Spawnchanges spreadsheet: Yea, as I painfully experienced the planet partners and MA sometimes shuffles and change the spawns. I therefore added this to see the areas resource history.

An example from one of my areas and it's spawn change history. It more and more developed into some sort of Captain's Log :D

(There is a little gold stone in here for the one bothering to read it)

No change but #1 and #2 had same of most, iron, igni, lyta. #3 Nice run on my revisit after 1,5 years away from NI. New nice finds was Maganite, Terrudite, Typonolic and Magerian. The find of Terrudite could be because of the depth enhancers on my F 105. Got enhancers to IV and a depth of 677 m. #4 By far my best run ever with two hofs. 432 ped plentiful binary fluid and a 267 ped significant iron hof. The peculiar thing was that this run didnt contain any lyst or oil at all. Also no copper and maganite as in run #3. #5 Nothing to write home about … #6 Maybe the system is taking back stuff. My average MU before markup is now 95% which is good. Let's see if it has to climb down to 90% before I break even again. #7 Still down. 74% back before MU. No oil this time. #8 Had alic, megan, maganite and oil this time compared to #7. #9 Almost identical results as in #8. No alic this time as in #8 but lyst. #10 OMG! What a run!!!! A Plentiful Iron HOF (235 ped) and I found some Tridenite (1400% MU). Thank you Next island so much :))))) #11 A peculiar loss run. Only 8 res types this run. #12 Nice run again with a great hit rate. A significant melchi and the rets of the run had like 6-7 hits each 10 drops. 110% tt back :) Time to head back to Caly after 10 runs in same spot. #13 After a return trip to Caly to tier my OF-105 to lvl 5 and my RE-104 to lvl 2 I went back. Merry Mayhem still keeps people busy. Thought it would be better but just 75% tt back. No big hits. #14 Christmas eve morning was nice. 70 drops and got a 153 pedder Iron. After 100 drops I gladly see 130% tt back. December has been really nice on NI with 180% tt back after 12 runs. #15 Took a chance and deposited. Bought 10 lvl 5 amps. First run not very good. 78% tt back. Not much MU resources. Just some igni but no maganite or typo. #16 Another crap run. Found tons of Alic compared to #15. But not enough mu resources to bring up the losses. Only 80% return after mu. But I have three more runs with lvl 5 amps. Usually something good hit within 5 runs. #17 Third lvl 5 run and down to 77% tt back this run. Also the drop rate for igni is way down compared to earlier. Got only 10 ped of it. #18 4th lvl 5 run. Same result tt wise. #19 Almost broke even after mu thx to a 134 ped lyta HOF. But the conclusion of using lvl 5 amps is shitty. In my naivity I thought that 5 runs totalling 500 drops would even out things a bit better. Not minus 670 ped tt. So, low level mining for me (planet side at least) #20 Did a lvl 2 run instead with no depth enhancers. Got a 132 ped Iron global. 6,77% + tt this run. Got no deeper resources like binary energy and terrudite. Both are hard to sell so that doesnt matter much. #21 A little tt loss but some tt+mu profit. Got two minis. Same this run. No deeper resources found. Also without depth enhancers. #22 First run 2016. With MU I almost broke even :). Same results with depths. Only found a little Terrudite but no binary and maganite. No depth enhancers on the F-105. Depth seems to matter. Very interesting :). I have started doing various correlations to see if I can see at the start of a mining run if the run will be good or bad. #23 Back after a sale trip to Caly. Only 67% tt back. Worst run out of 21 runs in same area. Still 285 ped + after MU in these 21 runs. #24 67,68% tt back. No minis. Quite a lot more Igni but it didnt manage to save the run. Just three runs but as it looks now by the correlations I can predict the tt% outcome from the first 10-20 runs. #25 Another little loss run but not as much. Put the depth anhancers back and started finding maganite, binary and terrudite. #25 Shit! 80% tt return since start of december now. #27 Plentiful garc hof. #28 Worst run in 26 runs. 59 % tt return. #31 Just 1,40 ped igni this run. Feels like they have balanced and lowered the drop rate. 86% tt return. I feel almost happy about it. Merry Mayhem is over and MA took down the servers today. Probablly to remove some MM stuff. Will be interesting to see if there are any changes in returns or drops over here on Next Island :)

Thats it! If you like me want to find out for yourself, then this is one way of doing it.
And the profit hungry reader might of course ask himself by now:
OMFG! You gotta be rich as a troll by now Loco?

I am sad to disappoint you. After 18425 logged drops over a three year period I made 908 ped :yay:

That is why YOU have to do what LeelooM teaches you in this excellent thread. Because I sure didnt :(.

But anyway. Making peds isnt all. These years of my mining explorations in EU has been the biggest online adventure of all time for me and mega fun and stimulating. Seeing all great planets, meeting all the wierd mobs, meeting all the wonderful people. So go miners go where no man has gone before. There is a sweet spot for everyone. :yup:

I use something very similar Loco, only difference is that I use a hex grid that changes it's "resolution" on the fly depending on the % hitrate.

I use something very similar Loco, only difference is that I use a hex grid that changes it's "resolution" on the fly depending on the % hitrate.

How does the hitrate correlate to the resolution, if you by resolution mean the distance between drops?

I think this is very good post for anyone interested in mining. I don't agree with everything, but i believe that each player finds their own way to play. Its up to each individual to find what works for them.

(I would advice you to avoid areas with to much mobs and mountains)

Exacly there i get often my best claims :) at least, my last 2 hof was in mountains.

Very nice guide LeelooM. Most important is that you manage to inspire people to become miners.

(Epic post coming up but your thread inspired me and deserves the credit)

One advice I would like to add is buy crap loads of blueprints, no matter how useless they seem to be. Visit the crafting machine after each run, and specially after you have gathered more and more enmatters and ores in your storage. If you are lucky you will be able to craft something from what you gathered that pays much better than selling the mineral finds for a low markup. And some crafted components sells very well in low quantities.

I can't remember his name back in the early PE days but he ran mining classes ingame. For a small fee we gathered at a spot and he ran the basics. We listened big eyed and impressed at this mining gurus advice and tips. I get all :love: when I remember my first mining school. And this is probably a reason why I fell in love with mining from day 1. Maybe take that up again LeeLooM?

I left PE/EU and came back in 2013 and decided to play more disciplined. And ofc I went back to mining.
I have never used LBML, only spreadsheets. For anyone doing it "manually" like me this is how I did it

Locos Manual Mining Method (LMMM)

1. Deposit so you have at least 1000 ped :D (if you can)
  2. Chose a planet to chart (ofc I would start with Caly)
  3. Make a planet charting spreadsheet showing latitude and longitude. Run along a latitude and longitude with 200 m apart of droppings. Print it out. Save all finds and write down any comments regarding the location of the finds. Can be info about mobs, terrain or whatever that makes it hard or easy to mine in that area. Mine for all mineral finds, enmatter, ores and possibly treasures on Arkadia.
    Sell of when you got ok stacks and repeat this until you are out of peds.
  4. Depo some more :eyecrazy:
  5. Analyze your planet charting spreadsheet and select areas where you got finds and areas which is suitable for mining. (I would advice you to avoid areas with to much mobs and mountains)
  6. Make a grid spreadsheet and print it out where you add finds.

mininggrid.jpg

In the example you can add the grid resolution to whatever you want (cell E4).
    In cells F6 and A12 you add the X- and Y-coords at the center of the location you want to investigate further. The rest of the cells in column A and row 6 you add calculations to add or subtract the grid resolution.
  7. Tweak the grid after one run. You can tweak the resolution and the coordinates to better cover the finds in that area.
  8. Save the center location of your tweaked grid spreadsheet as an area to mine in.
  9. Repeat this so you have 5-10 areas. (I had 10 on each planet.)
  10. After this you can go as nuts as you want in Excel. The spreadsheets I added after finding areas was:
    • Mining run stock sheet: Here you add all your finds during a run + find types and their markups.
      miningstocks.jpg
  11. A result spreadsheet where you for each row adds the results of the runs with every cost and income added.
  12. Diagrams plotting the tt and markup results after each run.
    miningdiagram.jpg
  13. A universe info spreadsheet: Here I added all the resource types in the universe and added in which locations there where plentyful finds of a particular resource.
  14. Mining depth spreadsheet: Just make a copy of LBML's depth chart. Very conventient to have in Excel to.
  15. Spawnchanges spreadsheet: Yea, as I painfully experienced the planet partners and MA sometimes shuffles and change the spawns. I therefore added this to see the areas resource history.

An example from one of my areas and it's spawn change history. It more and more developed into some sort of Captain's Log :D

(There is a little gold stone in here for the one bothering to read it)

Thats it! If you like me want to find out for yourself, then this is one way of doing it.
And the profit hungry reader might of course ask himself by now:

I am sad to disappoint you. After 18425 logged drops over a three year period I made 908 ped :yay:

That is why YOU have to do what LeelooM teaches you in this excellent thread. Because I sure didnt :(.

But anyway. Making peds isnt all. These years of my mining explorations in EU has been the biggest online adventure of all time for me and mega fun and stimulating. Seeing all great planets, meeting all the wierd mobs, meeting all the wonderful people. So go miners go where no man has gone before. There is a sweet spot for everyone. :yup:

Hiya Loco and thank you, also for the great contribution on this thread :)

Hope I inspired lots of people and they should do ok (I hope) if they follow the guide but its very interesting reading yours also :yay:

But I see you also analyse anything so I'm pretty sure you are doing ok also

We all mine in a different way prolly also as said here above, but the main think is that you need to have FUN.

Last edited:
Hiya Loco and thank you, also for the great contribution on this thread :)

Hope I inspired lots of people and they should do ok (I hope) if they follow the guide but its very interesting reading yours also :yay:

But I see you also analyse anything so I'm pretty sure you are doing ok also

We all mine in a different way prolly also as said here above, but the main think is that you need to have FUN.

I don't mine for fun, I have other games for that :)

I think this is very good post for anyone interested in mining. I don't agree with everything, but i believe that each player finds their own way to play. Its up to each individual to find what works for them.

Hiya Bigdaddy :)

Please feel free to say what you cant agree on.

I'ts always good to get more opinions or how to from other miners :ahh:

What I also do is make a excel sheet / zone where I mine

This is to remind me how deep I need to go, how much % I find things, % I want to sell for and off course also the outcome of a run.

Here a short run cause I needed to complete a stack of 500 megan ingots to put on transport

The number behind the resource is the average depth and in my opinion it works cause I got 51% megan out of that run :)
This is why I think UNL finders have a big advantage once upgraded.

This is how I try to optimize a zone

Why I didn't get redulite.... I was here before lol

% Sales are the prices in my shop, on auction I add fee off course.

Why I need so many car 1 - car 2 .... I use them to put resources in without refining, and i try to refine only when I get a stack of 999-1K (with some resources even 3K) cause that costs me 0,21 ped to refine with the T-105

Hope this helps you also Loco :)

sheet_per_zone.jpg

Last edited:
What I also do is make a excel sheet / zone where I mine

This is to remind me how deep I need to go, how much % I find things, % I want to sell for and off course also the outcome of a run.

Here a short run cause I needed to complete a stack of 500 megan ingots to put on transport

The number behind the resource is the average depth and in my opinion it works cause I got 51% megan out of that run :)
This is why I think UNL finders have a big advantage once upgraded.

This is how I try to optimize a zone

Why I didn't get redulite.... I was here before lol

% Sales are the prices in my shop, on auction I add fee off course.

Why I need so many car 1 - car 2 .... I use them to put resources in without refining, and i try to refine only when I get a stack of 999-1K (with some resources even 3K) cause that costs me 0,21 ped to refine with the T-105

Hope this helps you also Loco :)

sheet_per_zone.jpg

Our motives for mining are a bit differant. You seem to target specific resources to refill your shop, or if you have customers. I am more blunt and pick best areas according to current markups. And I always do 100 drop grid runs. Sometimes only for enmatter and sometimes only for ores or both.

I also have to admit that I never really tested the accuracy of the depth info. And isnt that skewed if you look at LMBL? People use many differant finders and with differant max and average depths. If someone runs LBLM and logs the depths using an Ziplex A33 (L) compared to someone using an F102 and they both log their depths at where they found Megan wouldnt that skew the LBML depth statistics? The Ziplex guys maybe logged 100 finds and the F102 guys logged 1000 finds. But they would show quite differant depth data of the finds.

Maybe I just have been lazy, I should have tested it and try to correlate depth ability of finders vs actual depths of the finds switching between finders. Are you aware of any such test that has been publically posted?

What I'm aiming for is MU in the first place and second what I need for my shop or want to sell on auc (again cause MU is good)

Indeed depth is screwed on LMBL since its the average depth of many different miners with different finders at many different places.
As you already have guessed, some 1 with for instance the F102 can find megan with some luck, but only the top findings while some 1 with a ROCTEC M1-LF (average depth 900,5) will find a lot more megan.

Best to know the depth for a certain ore/enm/trea is to mine that area over and over again, and list the outcomes. Even mining for the same resource in different places can give different results in best depth.

Most of the time I do not go for ores and enmatter at the same time neither, all depends what is there to find at the the same depth. In this case it was the binary (average depth 839) that is going up in MU and for the megan (average depth 826) in that zone (for me)

Most of my runs are between 500-1K peds, I just did a few more drops to get a full stack here.

I never seen those test , so can only rely on my own.

Last edited:

Windswept Winds Tundra used to do them. Still have the chat log from it. Its quite funny as he says nobody drops probes/bombs while he demonstrates, then one idiot does. lol. And he's still going according to globals in chat. And yes he did get an Ath or two.

Windswept Winds Tundra used to do them. Still have the chat log from it. Its quite funny as he says nobody drops probes/bombs while he demonstrates, then one idiot does. lol. And he's still going according to globals in chat. And yes he did get an Ath or two.

Very nice to hear that. Maybe he should take up classes again. I think I never really got the hang of this mining thing :rolleyes:

Welcome Back and gl mining:)

Dont worry to much on EP crafters. As you might know crafting for TT = loosing peds if your not very lucky ^^ In my opinion they are even filling the lootpool :laugh:

As for mining, for the moment returns are a bit less (enm is only around 65% TT return) than usuall but the last 2 months have been great, for me that is and also soc members. But then again there are always bad and great times not only with mining :D

Thanks LeeLoo must have worked. Next 3 runs after that (and after telling Biggest Global that i'm up to about 2k drops must be soon?) got an XX, XIV and XVI. Which are pleasing when your not using amps.

When i'm not getting something starting with an X in a run i'm still going around 86% tt. That's only over 2500 drops though so not a reliable number but better than a kick in the nuts.

I've tiered my 105 to 2.9 and using depth finders. So at 600m currently. I won't do Tier 3 for a while as I can't afford it yet and would take away my ped flow at this time.

Very nice to hear that. Maybe he should take up classes again. I think I never really got the hang of this mining thing :rolleyes:

Like any methodology you don't have to take it all. Even one or two things will make your ped balance better or deposit less.

I try to focus only on a few things.
1. If I am NRF stop and smell the roses. Kill a few nearby mobs. Count your loot so far. Refine. Move away a bit and try again.
2. Ensure your spacing appropriately. Whether you grid or run don't waste your drops. Maximise your chances by not overlapping.
3. Mine efficiently by using appropriate tools. You need an efficient extractor for big loots and for smalls. Little costs add up over time to hundred or thousands of ped.
4. Don't tt your finds. Everything has some value. LeeLoo has explained that very well. And little cost add up over time yada yada.
5. Don't craft if your impulsive like me. You will lose.
6. Get to know your area's.
7. Try to explore and do something different occasionally. It seems to be when the big ones pop. How many times did a hard on his luck miner use a TT tool on CND and HoF or Tower.
8. Do the missions. Its free skills. I don't mine for them specifically. It just accumulates over your runs.

Mining is first a thing of passion. If the activity itself (objectively boring as f_) doesn't appeal to you, you will not get the hang. If it does, you will. Then, there is not ONE style of doing it. unamped, amped, indoors, outdoors etc Important is to like it.

Mining is first a thing of passion. If the activity itself (objectively boring as f_) doesn't appeal to you, you will not get the hang. If it does, you will. Then, there is not ONE style of doing it. unamped, amped, indoors, outdoors etc Important is to like it.

I do. Compared to loot a mob or look at the result of the next crafting attempt I always found it more thrilling to wait for what claim I will get after dropping a probe. But the digging part is kind of unfair. I think MA should change it so hunters have to carve (excavate) out the loots out of the mob and the crafters have to empty (excavate) the crafted materials out of the crafting machine. We miners are the only ones who have to pay decay to get the loot out of the object for the profession. And also wait a fair amount of time before it is all dug up.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh my god I would so wish to see vodka and messi tinkering inside a dead big bulk ahahaha thanks for the laugh lol.

I do. Compared to loot a mob or look at the result of the next crafting attempt I always found it more thrilling to wait for what claim I will get after dropping a probe. But the digging part is kind of unfair. I think MA should change it so hunters have to carve (excavate) out the loots out of the mob and the crafters have to empty (excavate) the crafted materials out of the crafting machine. We miners are the only ones who have to pay decay to get the loot out of the object for the profession. And also wait a fair amount of time before it is all dug up.

It give skills, ofc, but agree, is not realy fair, compared with craft or hunt.
Why not give us extracting pets, let's say it maybe needs an extractor for pets. This would increase crafting, and miners don't wast time for extracting, and run back to the claims. Just give the extracting job to the pet. Now you could choose it increase pet skills, or mining skills at player.

Added more info about depth enhancers in the guide.

Another way to use depth enhancers is :
If I'm in a zone with lots of high mu resources, that mostly have a deeper average depth, I use a lot more enhancers.
Now let's check this for megan with an average depth of 920 and was found (so far) at even 1518 depth
In this case I use my F-106 with 8 depth enhancers. This makes me find anything between 600-1350 depth ^^
When using more depth enhancers you do not only go deeper BUT you are also making your search "bubble" bigger.

Let's count the costs for mining like this.
Costs are counted with the amp 2 since the Roctec uses 30 probes.

And I'm sure some will ask what about the roctec finder, the terramaster 7 or the GR3 finder :)

So I'll be testing that next time I need megan but so far ..... price for ores only

With the Terramaster 7 (L) (average 125,20%) + amp 2 a drop would cost 7,199 pec
Average depth 924,4 Claims found between 724,4 - 1124,4

With the Roctec M1-LF (L) (average 262,22%) a drop would cost 6,29328 pec
Average depth 900 Claims found between 700-1100

With the Terramaster 3 GR (UNL) + amp 2 + 6 enhancers (bought @ 210%) a drop would cost 4,725 pec + average cost for enhancers a drop would cost 4,773235 pec
Average depth 631,8 Claims found between 600 - 1350

With the F-106 (UNL) + amp 2 + 8 depth enhancers (bought @ 210%) a drop would cost 3,229 pec + average cost for enhancers a drop would cost 3,277235 pec
Average depth 582,1 Claims found between 600 - 1350

If your not using depth enhancers you will find claims out of the -200 / +200 range of the finder but a lot less.

So here it all depends how many depth enhancers would break.

So far after counting peds used (12126.5 ped) in probes and costs of depth enhancers each drop would cost (for the F-106) 0,048235 ped / drop

Huge thanks to Geronimo to provide the correct data for the Terramaster 3 GR :)

Last edited:

Its similar, but in reverse order.

Mining: 1 click to drop bomb (kill). Then auto click to "loot".

Hunting: auto click to kill. Then 1 click to loot.

Thanks LeeLoo must have worked. Next 3 runs after that (and after telling Biggest Global that i'm up to about 2k drops must be soon?) got an XX, XIV and XVI. Which are pleasing when your not using amps.

When i'm not getting something starting with an X in a run i'm still going around 86% tt. That's only over 2500 drops though so not a reliable number but better than a kick in the nuts.

I've tiered my 105 to 2.9 and using depth finders. So at 600m currently. I won't do Tier 3 for a while as I can't afford it yet and would take away my ped flow at this time.

Huge gz on those :) let's hope they keep coming.

Mining is still down, lower Hit Rating and you find most of the time tiny, very poor and poor so that can make up hard on losses if you dont get something bigger in between.

If you have some stock, time to sell
Some resources are finally getting a decent % again so I think MA is changing things on that (let's hope so) or is it because of the lower returns .....

I'm at T 8.6 on my F-106 and will not tier it up for a while neither, costs a lot (even in TT value over 1K) and I dont see the point of going deeper than 1350 for the moment. If I get a tower on the other hand I might change my mind or expand my shop (or both lol) :ahh:

Last edited:
Huge gz on those :) let's hope they keep coming.

Mining is still down, lower Hit Rating and you find most of the time tiny, very poor and poor so that can make up hard on losses if you dont get something bigger in between.

If you have some stock, time to sell
Some resources are finally getting a decent % again so I think MA is changing things on that (let's hope so) or is it because of the lower returns .....

I'm at T 8.6 on my F-106 and will not tier it up for a while neither, costs a lot (even in TT value over 1K) and I dont see the point of going deeper than 1350 for the moment. If I get a tower on the other hand I might change my mind or expand my shop (or both lol) :ahh:

Yea, find out same,the last days. The claims get more rare, and more small. But it just cause, that my breaks going longer. I do a run of 150 ped probes, if that is bad, i still make again a break. If the run was ok, i do more. But the last view runs just was bad. I mean realy bad, below 75%. Hopefully it change soon.

Grid search

This is a stupid question. But how can you calculate the distance between drops.

Also I would really like to try dropping in the hex search, I get the basic theory of how the space is divided - but how can I actually do it?

Hope my question is clear, I cannot understand the picture with grid dropping, can you please stupid proof it for me :)

Thank you.

Last edited:
This is a stupid question. But how can you calculate the distance between drops.

Also I would really like to try dropping in the hex search, I get the basic theory of how the space is divided - but how can I actually do it?

Hope my question is clear, I cannot understand the picture with grid dropping, can you please stupid proof it for me :)

Thank you.

No question is stupid.

I always use the honeycomb and run lines every XX100 lon and XX100lat or at XXX50 lon and XXX50 lat

The lon and lat are above your radar.

LBML helps you with that if you put your drops on the map with the P, that way you can see where you dropped and move on, you can also push the F11 for ores and/or F12 for enm so LBML calculates how much you dropped so far.

If this is still unclear to you, contact me ingame and I'll try to help there.

For the moment I'm on caly but dunno for how long, depends a bit on sales.

No question is stupid.

Leeloo sweety :)

I remember back in times when u hitted that copper ath near Echidna and i was nearby. I was like why was that not me. Didn't understand much of the game. Newly started and remember i asked u for 1 or 10 ped haha. Such pure good times. Time changed. Keep up the good work. I could help with some data if needed :)

got a question...amping preamped finders

Hi Leeloo and company. :). In your first post Leeloo, you mentioned you were going to discuss more about preamped finders but alot of people jumped on the bandwagon and I didn't find any additional mention of them besides they use more probes which works as if the finder is "amped". My question is if you are using a preamped finder, is it beneficial to use an additional amp on it to mine? Does MA cap the preamped finders from increasing their efficency with another amp? Like if you mine with the ore setting on a P-85, you are using 170 probes per drop for an ore. That would be about the equivalent of a lvl 5 amp on an f-105. Does it work to increase the efficency to add another amp to a preamped finder like this..like a lvl 5 amp in addition to the 170 probes per drop? Or are the preamped finders set to only operate "as is" and additional amps on them contribute nothing towards increasing their efficency? I'm open to your or anyone else's experience and imput. I have tried out using a lvl 3 and lvl 5 on the DSEC-30 since the P series can only be gained from lucky chance from mining strongbox.(I'm hoping they change that or that some of the mining strongboxes I find in the future have the p-30 or p-85 in them..haven't been lucky yet with them).

Please share your thoughts and experiences..:)

PZ

Hi Leeloo and company. :). In your first post Leeloo, you mentioned you were going to discuss more about preamped finders but alot of people jumped on the bandwagon and I didn't find any additional mention of them besides they use more probes which works as if the finder is "amped". My question is if you are using a preamped finder, is it beneficial to use an additional amp on it to mine? Does MA cap the preamped finders from increasing their efficency with another amp? Like if you mine with the ore setting on a P-85, you are using 170 probes per drop for an ore. That would be about the equivalent of a lvl 5 amp on an f-105. Does it work to increase the efficency to add another amp to a preamped finder like this..like a lvl 5 amp in addition to the 170 probes per drop? Or are the preamped finders set to only operate "as is" and additional amps on them contribute nothing towards increasing their efficency? I'm open to your or anyone else's experience and imput. I have tried out using a lvl 3 and lvl 5 on the DSEC-30 since the P series can only be gained from lucky chance from mining strongbox.(I'm hoping they change that or that some of the mining strongboxes I find in the future have the p-30 or p-85 in them..haven't been lucky yet with them).

Please share your thoughts and experiences..:)PZ

As far i know there is not cap when adding a amp to pre-amp finder. I do have little experience using a combo thou, but i do know a few high end miners who do.

but if you pick lvl5 - 103% or d-class 105/106% put in pre amped finders reduce even more
is called increase cycle , spend less time in game , get more skills per hour , generate if you are good more profit and plus more mission point

The main reason why i dont like finders in strongboxs, is that i rather see them crafted to give miners to mine that for them to be crafted and buy them.

Thank you for the question Zarnia :)

As far as I know pre-amped finders are not capped and need to agree with Bigdaddy.

I do not use them myself and have hardly used them in the past, but I'm sure some 1 will reply to your question with more experience for those finders.

As for the mining help ... I wrote this to help miners and/or newbies to have less losses and/or have profits.
This is my way of mining also, I do not cycle that much as I hardly use amps nor pre-amped cause that is the same outcome mostly loosing.
Seen it, tried it and lost to much (as most miners I know have stopped that way of mining)
I do not chase swirls, towers nor ATH's.
Al I do is simple mining and sell in small stacks.

Why I do not use amps is because most of the time you loose a lot.
When using amps, I only use D-class when my hitrating is over 33.33%.

How you mine and what you use is up to you off course.

Last edited:
When you think about that, mining loot has been cost-based since times immemorial; or perhaps, 2.0 since inception. (disclaimer: I don't know about the very first years of EU :))

So yes, it's ok to use an amp on a 'preamped' finder. I myself use DSEC L30+lvl 3 at times.

The usual caveat however applies - don't amp too big if you see it's affecting your MU negatively.

Back