Info: Leeloo's Mining Guide

I've tested this... Range enhancers do not affect claims size..

They DO affect variance - you'll hof/global less because your hit rate will be higher as more range = more claims

unless of course you believe that more claims = more chances to hit multis.. which is wrong in mining... TT loss generates multis in mining.

The more you fail to get a claim when mining, the higher the chance of a global, if you can survive the constant stream of NRFs.

As a dedicated amped chicken miner all I can say is run, drop, repair, sell, restock, repeat.

It's worked for years but not always in the same spots. Sometimes I have a bad week or two. Sometimes I have a bad month or two. Sometimes I take a break until I get the "miss you" email.

When it's so bad I want to sell my gear, I will go do something else for a few months.

Overthinking mining is a big mistake IMO.

Being eco is one thing. Spending all your time plotting and documenting is another (been there, done that). If there was a single "system" that worked for everyone, MA would be broke in a week. It hasn't happened. When and if people find a magic system, all resources will will be tt food.

My personal belief is that each avatar has some sort of a sine wave which interacts with other sine waves and that determines loot. Being eco and using the appropriate gear helps in the long run.

CO

As a dedicated amped chicken miner all I can say is run, drop, repair, sell, restock, repeat.

It's worked for years but not always in the same spots. Sometimes I have a bad week or two. Sometimes I have a bad month or two. Sometimes I take a break until I get the "miss you" email.

When it's so bad I want to sell my gear, I will go do something else for a few months.

Being eco is one thing. Spending all your time plotting and documenting is another (been there, done that). If there was a single "system" that worked for everyone, MA would be broke in a week. It hasn't happened. When and if people find a magic system, all resources will will be tt food.

My personal belief is that each avatar has some sort of a sine wave which interacts with other sine waves and that determines loot. Being eco and using the appropriate gear helps in the long run.

CO

Agreed with the eco part.

Regarding the sine wave. I cannot deny that I do not "see" it, something like it seems to be there. It's like an adjuster that limits your hits / misses and keeps your avatar on the straight and narrow. But for me it's a real pain in the @$$ as, once a "sequence" that I have in excel gets going, it should not stop if it is correct, but it's effectiveness does depreciate over time and then comes back, just like a sin wave.

"free you mind" its my humble advice

Last edited:
The secret to mining is no secret

Good advice :wtg:

Some people like to analyze and attempt to "crack the code", this usually ends with conspiracy theories and frustration. There is a "need for control" in some players that they can't shake. The randomness of TT returns is unacceptable and they need to create some elaborate "system" to eliminate the feeling of "gambling".

I'll tell my disciples to focus on what they can control - markup. But even this is not completely within your control due to the "wave" distribution system currently in place. So I understand the frustration of newer miners. Mining can feel hopeless until you start seeing consistent success. Especially since new players tend to lack patience and/or bankroll (a miner's best friend).

Mining has a reputation for being complicated. It isn't. Map out the planets, keep an eye on the economy and you'll find opportunities. It can take a lot of experimenting with different depths and thousands of drops before you're completely confident in the profitability of an area. But there's no need for over-analysis beyond that. Find an area where you're consistently profiting and grind it.

tldr; There is no secret to mining :rolleyes:

.....I'll tell my disciples to focus on what they can control - markup. But even this is not completely within your control due to the "wave" distribution system currently in place. So I understand the frustration of newer miners. Mining can feel hopeless until you start seeing consistent success. Especially since new players tend to lack patience and/or bankroll (a miner's best friend).

tldr; There is no secret to mining :rolleyes:......

This didn´t work for me..... A few years Ago, i began Mining with over 3K Ped and after 2 Month, i had only a few ( under 100) peds...... and MU was in This time much better than now.... So Mining is an a absolutly NO GO for me.....

This didn´t work for me..... A few years Ago, i began Mining with over 3K Ped and after 2 Month, i had only a few ( under 100) peds...... and MU was in This time much better than now.... So Mining is an a absolutly NO GO for me.....

Which is how hunting is for me. I lost 40k ped back in the days when trox were paying out 10k - 20k hofs every weekend. I made it up and much more mining.

It's not that I don't hunt now and again for a change of pace, but it's rare. I can grind mining intuitively now.

CO

Some people like to analyze and attempt to "crack the code", this usually ends with conspiracy theories and frustration. There is a "need for control" in some players that they can't shake. The randomness of TT returns is unacceptable and they need to create some elaborate "system" to eliminate the feeling of "gambling".

I'll tell my disciples to focus on what they can control - markup. But even this is not completely within your control due to the "wave" distribution system currently in place. So I understand the frustration of newer miners. Mining can feel hopeless until you start seeing consistent success. Especially since new players tend to lack patience and/or bankroll (a miner's best friend).

Mining has a reputation for being complicated. It isn't. Map out the planets, keep an eye on the economy and you'll find opportunities. It can take a lot of experimenting with different depths and thousands of drops before you're completely confident in the profitability of an area. But there's no need for over-analysis beyond that. Find an area where you're consistently profiting and grind it.

Agreed.

I have done spreadsheets ad nauseum which, at different times, show a spot on tt profit trend line or tt losses with hofs to form the same profit trend line over time in the same area with the same gear. At other times, in different areas, I had different trend lines.

Sometimes VUs will alter the returns. Sometimes not.

My biggest frustration was when I was grinding two adjacent TPs daily with nice markup and profits and a soc mate spilled the beans to someone who had just purchased a UL Level 5 amp. That person would grind the TPs a few hours before I got off work every day. Needless to say, I had to find a new area. Turns out it was on a different planet. Not fun.

One thing never changes. When my auctions sit for days, mining usually sucks. When my auctions get hit quickly, mining is usually great. Must be supply vs. demand at work. Gear, complex rituals and conspiracy theories are not the dominant variables when supply vs. demand are at extremes.

CO

P.S. My avatar turns 13 in a few months.

You cannot create an accurate map for mining due to an inaccuracy bug in the GPS system, it rounds off coordinates to the nearest whole number yet your avatar moves less than that, this creates a significant inaccuracy when mining as you do not know where you are standing !!!.

You cannot create an accurate map for mining due to an inaccuracy bug in the GPS system, it rounds off coordinates to the nearest whole number yet your avatar moves less than that, this creates a significant inaccuracy when mining as you do not know where you are standing !!!.

Not that kind of map :)

Just mapping out the general resource distribution of the server. Unless you're on Calypso, this doesn't change based on coordinates.

Not that kind of map :)

Just mapping out the general resource distribution of the server. Unless you're on Calypso, this doesn't change based on coordinates.

True.

My OCD is kicking into overdrive however as the game's ui just is not accurate enough for the type of math that I need to perform.

I need the game' gps coordinate to be lengthened to include as many decimal places as possible.

The ui in my opinion is glitched as I can move less than 1 unit of movement but the game does not show it on the coordinate system thereby obfuscating critical information.

what a great thread for someone who trying to return and remind things!
Also very interesting comments from many known good ppl

My intention is to read all post one by one but from the first reading Leeloo's OP i have a question in this statement - "..Honeycomb methode leaves the least open spots so prefer to mine like this".
What about overlapping abit? (only planetside!) In many cases I found claims when I just overlapping my previous drops. Sometimes more than one claim.

Anyway I'm ready to put out of dust my gear again and lost in the wilds :)

ofc a +rep to Leeloo for this thread

PS. I also drop ore or enm at a time never both! Exception is only if I know the area very good

Last edited:

My intention is to read all post one by one but from the first reading Leeloo's OP i have a question in this statement - "..Honeycomb methode leaves the least open spots so prefer to mine like this".
What about overlapping abit? (only planetside!) In many cases I found claims when I just overlapping my previous drops. Sometimes more than one claim.

PS. I also drop ore or enm at a time never both! Exception is only if I know the area very good

As long as you do not probe the same exact location after getting a NRF, you are good to go.

I would say that the hex is the best "math friendly" predictive model a miner can use. as it covers 90.06 % of the available area.

But what is if I do in avg. like 20% overlapping in my mining.
For example I do an acceleration buff 25% and I hit auto use to drop. how would this affect my return on the long run?

For example I do an acceleration buff 25% and I hit auto use to drop. how would this affect my return on the long run?

Personally, now please this is personally so I may be incorrect, as long as you do not probe on the same physical coordinates each time, there is a chance to get a resource deposit (about 27%) But going full auto bomber may be inefficient.

Personally, now please this is personally so I may be incorrect, as long as you do not probe on the same physical coordinates each time, there is a chance to get a resource deposit (about 27%) But going full auto bomber may be inefficient.

Pretty simple to test this. Use LBML to track your hit rate.

Do a few hundred drops with the TT finder searching enmatter (0.05 PED/drop) overlapping your drops as much as possible and see what your hit rate ends up at. Of course luck is a factor, but if you end up with something ridiculous like a 15% hit rate over 200 drops that may answer your question ;)

The willingness to experiment with theories like this are what separate the casual miners from the hardcore IMO :smoke:

I must say thankyou to Leeloo for the brilliant auction house tip, Resources that I would have sent to the tt are now earning me a cool 5% mu. I am also cycling a lot more, at the time of this post, I have 200 peds of resources on the auction house, which for me is a lot...

Furthermore the hex grid seems to be very efficient if used in the correct area at the right time. From 43 probes I logged 5 peds of tt profit. Hit rate was about 43% which is well above average.

While mining, the game's "waveform" was clearly visible, right before a global or set of globals, my hitrate seemed to decrease then normalize (ie one hit, then one miss). Another observation was that as soon as my profit flipped to a loss, I got a hit.

Pretty simple to test this. Use LBML to track your hit rate.

Do a few hundred drops with the TT finder searching enmatter (0.05 PED/drop) overlapping your drops as much as possible and see what your hit rate ends up at. Of course luck is a factor, but if you end up with something ridiculous like a 15% hit rate over 200 drops that may answer your question ;)

The willingness to experiment with theories like this are what separate the casual miners from the hardcore IMO :smoke:

There is something else that most miners do not take into account and that is an alternate source of income besides actual mining..... Skills

A player's hitrate may be higher than expected if you take into account "skill hits". I have been looking at something, thinking about it, then looking at it again... Then by complete accident, I met one of the mining greats, in the form of Strakkan...

He told me "there's a HOF under your feet", of course I did not believe him as my current mining sheet does not show any deposit within 188m of my current location. He was adamant and probes right at my feet. He got a hit, entmatter, size VI (He was amped obviously), he carried on mining and I carried on thinking... Just for shits and giggles, I thought, what is the closest resource to my coordinates. Turns out it was a size 6 entmatter, 188m away.

Here is the point that I am going to make, first off, and completely off topic, this thread is a treasure trove of actual and verified mining techniques, one should expect, if you are using an optimal setup, either a skill gain or hit on I would say 90% of the time.

Second point. My skills are no where near Strakkans. But I did notice that while I was using my sheet, the skillgains that I received shot up, when I attempt to probe on a location that the sheet suggests contains a high class of loot (anything above class 5). Anything below class 5, I pretty much hit the correct class of loot +- 1 loot level. The sheet that I have is not perfect, I have still to find the correct configuration and packingmania does not have the one that I want hence the +- 1 loot variance.

But it really does not matter as long as you can afford it, and at least get some sort of reward for playing, in either skills or actual loot then you are playing optimally.

You can overlap offcourse, if you run 100 in a direction to drop you will only have a small overlap in the line and no overlapping in the corners (if you know what I mean, hard to explain lol) We tested it dropping on every 90 also so that might be working but think running in 100 lines is easier.

For indoor mining lines of 50 are ..... still risky, cause there is still a lot of space left, so I prefer going to lines of 40 here or even going to lines of 30.

I also drop ore/enm together in some area's that I know very well, but I only do it in a few places that are worth it :)

Best try it out :)

I must say thankyou to Leeloo for the brilliant auction house tip, Resources that I would have sent to the tt are now earning me a cool 5% mu. I am also cycling a lot more, at the time of this post, I have 200 peds of resources on the auction house, which for me is a lot...

Furthermore the hex grid seems to be very efficient if used in the correct area at the right time. From 43 probes I logged 5 peds of tt profit. Hit rate was about 43% which is well above average.

While mining, the game's "waveform" was clearly visible, right before a global or set of globals, my hitrate seemed to decrease then normalize (ie one hit, then one miss). Another observation was that as soon as my profit flipped to a loss, I got a hit.

Very happy you making more profit now :)

Keep it up ^^

Added some info about amps efficiency ^^

Since I was getting pm's about pre-amped finders, I tested 1 out and it was fun :)

First page of the mining guide was updated with Pre-amped finders

Before you tier your finder... check out the market.

The cost to bring F-105 from Tier 0.9 to 1.0 is about 60 PED, but the difference in price is about 10 PED. Hence, it's much cheaper to buy one.

Added types and costs for mining in the guide.

I use them all the time on the F-106 and they hardly break. I rarely need to craft them.

But let's assume they break every 50 drops, it still would only cost 2,927 pec / drop compared to the 4,125 pec decay of the Terramaster 5

on a 1000 clics session (ore + enmatter) with a Terramaster 3 GR + 5 enhancers, i "only" use around 28/32 enhancer
with my experience, a finder UL "eats" less enhancers than limited versions

on a 1000 clics session (ore + enmatter) with a Terramaster 3 GR + 5 enhancers, i "only" use around 28/32 enhancer

this is my experience as well.. never did the math behind it.

Love it that you tested that also Geronimo :)

Glad I'm not the only excel freak here :p

Also happy we exchanged more info in chat, more testing time on things now and will keep you (and the mining guide) informed ^^

Added the section Mining on other planets and transporting all recourses almost at the bottom of the page :p

hey leeloo,

I'm just wondering what finder to use.
atm I'm just lvl 11 surv/prosp and I have a (maxed) ziplex Z25 (L).
It's search depth with over 600 is more then the F105.

Should I just keep using the Z25 or would the f105 be better, since I see everybody talking about the f105. If so, why?

I'm just an occasional miner so I reckon that the remaining 115 ped on the z25 will last me long enough.

hey leeloo,

I'm just wondering what finder to use.
atm I'm just lvl 11 surv/prosp and I have a (maxed) ziplex Z25 (L).
It's search depth with over 600 is more then the F105.

Should I just keep using the Z25 or would the f105 be better, since I see everybody talking about the f105. If so, why?

I'm just an occasional miner so I reckon that the remaining 115 ped on the z25 will last me long enough.

I really cant decide for you, I prefer UNL finders for the lower decay and breaking enhancers is a lot less.
Best take a look at auction to all dif finders I think and whats best for your lvl. The Z25 is hard to get since it needs zanderium for crafting so that 1 will not come cheap ^^

Back