Info: Leeloo's Mining Guide

I really cant decide for you, I prefer UNL finders for the lower decay and breaking enhancers is a lot less.
Best take a look at auction to all dif finders I think and whats best for your lvl. The Z25 is hard to get since it needs zanderium for crafting so that 1 will not come cheap ^^

MU seems to be around 105%.

At the time I bought it, many years ago I mainly looked at search depth. I think at that time tiers didnt even exist yet.
And the z25 came out better.
Both Z25 and F105 have " good" decay.

Guess I will just stick with the Z25 then.

I was also wondering something else.

Finders have a 50mtr range.
I think with all theories this 50 meter is worked out as a flat search circle from the drop point on surface lvl.

But shouldnt this be a 50 meter sphere?

Also, is it possible to find claims at the same position but at different depths?
So for example, I get a lyst find at 600mtr depth using the Z25. Is it then possible to also get a lyst find at the same coordinates but with a rookie finder which only goes like 200 meter deep?

In other words, is mining seen as a 3D thing or is the world just flat?

MU seems to be around 105%.

At the time I bought it, many years ago I mainly looked at search depth. I think at that time tiers didnt even exist yet.
And the z25 came out better.
Both Z25 and F105 have " good" decay.

Guess I will just stick with the Z25 then.

I was also wondering something else.

Finders have a 50mtr range.
I think with all theories this 50 meter is worked out as a flat search circle from the drop point on surface lvl.

But shouldnt this be a 50 meter sphere?

Also, is it possible to find claims at the same position but at different depths?
So for example, I get a lyst find at 600mtr depth using the Z25. Is it then possible to also get a lyst find at the same coordinates but with a rookie finder which only goes like 200 meter deep?

In other words, is mining seen as a 3D thing or is the world just flat?

Still testing out dif depths with dif finders.

If you use a rookie and another finder that goes 1K deep it should be possible yes, as long as both do not overlap to much. Try to see a probe more as a bubble (that bubble has about a +200 and -200 finder depth range from the actual depth)

Still testing out dif depths with dif finders.

If you use a rookie and another finder that goes 1K deep it should be possible yes, as long as both do not overlap to much. Try to see a probe more as a bubble (that bubble has about a +200 and -200 finder depth range from the actual depth)

the search radius is definitely NOT a bubble. reason for this is there is a place on cyrene where when you mine you might get a claim not where you mined but rather on a sphere 1000m above ground. i got a few big claims up there while mining the surface. had to contact support to retrieve the resources in the claims as there is a shield around the sphere which wont let you enter.
anyway, tl,dr: while mining on z=20m i got a claim on z>1000m

the search radius is definitely NOT a bubble. reason for this is there is a place on cyrene where when you mine you might get a claim not where you mined but rather on a sphere 1000m above ground. i got a few big claims up there while mining the surface. had to contact support to retrieve the resources in the claims as there is a shield around the sphere which wont let you enter.
anyway, tl,dr: while mining on z=20m i got a claim on z>1000m

but what did the claim coordinates say?
Was the depth +1000m then?

Or are you just referring to a bug and base that's "its definitely not a bubble" on that bug?

Maybe the claim marker was just positioned wrongly?

I've seen some cases were this also happened to loots which flew up in the air.

Or are you just referring to a bug and base that's "its definitely not a bubble" on that bug?

i think the depth was normal so the resource would actually be floating in the air xD would have to check if i find the screens of them tho. i may edit this post if i do

edit: found it: https://imgur.com/yzdPHct
z coords is 1018m (so roughly 1km above my head) and the resources are in the 180m depth range, as i cant actually see the claim marker (because it is 1km above my head) i cant check if the resource would be floating in the air or would have been inside the sphere. but nevertheless if it wouldve been a bubble (3D) and not just 2D i wouldnt have gotten the claims

Its also possible if you drop a second probe on the same place that you get another finding but that is extremely rare and I wouldn't recommend it

The bubble/ball will give you the closest claim to the center first, IF there should be a second claim, you will find it on second drop
Let's say you drop a probe with a rookie finder (I didn't check depths or anything here) and the average depth is 200 depth, this means you can find something within a range of 0-400 depth (approcimated)
Take a higher lvl finder who has average depth of lets say 600 depth, that means you can find stuff between 400-800 depth so yes you can find another claim there.
I did tested this this morning, it worked but hit rating on 2nd drop was a lot lower

BUT

For the moment I'm mining at an average depth of 841,8 with a F-106 with 6 enhancers and my findings are between 524 and 1205 depth ^^

So wouldn't it be better to drop another probe with the same finder cause the finding range is a lot bigger now.

But my hit rating is staying normal, even with that huge depth dif

Last edited:
Its also possible if you drop a second probe on the same place that you get another finding but that is extremely rare and I wouldn't recommend it

The bubble/ball will give you the closest claim to the center first, IF there should be a second claim, you will find it on second drop
Let's say you drop a probe with a rookie finder (I didn't check depths or anything here) and the average depth is 200 depth, this means you can find something within a range of 0-400 depth (approcimated)
Take a higher lvl finder who has average depth of lets say 600 depth, that means you can find stuff between 400-800 depth so yes you can find another claim there.
I did tested this this morning, it worked but hit rating on 2nd drop was a lot lower

i dont think that is true either. imo the game searches for a claim and if you get one it assigns it random inside the search radius. now when you go barely out of the search radius (or in that case behind the claim when looking at it from the point of drop of the previous attempt, so when looking at lbml right outside the circle) then you just get the same chance for a claim than usual. just need to be outside of the search radius and it will be the same. there seems to be some clustering but i need to do a lot more testing on that to be able to make any assumption

i dont think that is true either. imo the game searches for a claim and if you get one it assigns it random inside the search radius. now when you go barely out of the search radius (or in that case behind the claim when looking at it from the point of drop of the previous attempt, so when looking at lbml right outside the circle) then you just get the same chance for a claim than usual. just need to be outside of the search radius and it will be the same. there seems to be some clustering but i need to do a lot more testing on that to be able to make any assumption

Perhaps it takes the nearest, perhaps it takes the biggest ... never know. EU is dynamic. allready found 3 claims with 3 drops at same place.
LeelooM speaks about depth, not radius i think. and that she says seems true because saw same on severals mining sessions.
But is not true for all ressources. if you find lysterium at 800m depth you are sure that you will find same ressource at 200m.
But, if you find some redulite with a terramaster 6 at 900+m, you never find some with a F-105, because some resources needs a minimum depth to find it. then the depth is not random

But is not true for all ressources. if you find lysterium at 800m depth you are sure that you will find same ressource at 200m.

Is that true?

That means, if you get a lyst find with at 800, you should ALWAYS drop a second bomb with undeep finder.
Did you try this yourself?

So far I've played around a bit trying some stuff, but I find mining to hard for my nerves since I got the feeling I'm only "enriching" the ground instead of my ped card :tongue2:

Is that true?

That means, if you get a lyst find with at 800, you should ALWAYS drop a second bomb with undeep finder.
Did you try this yourself?

So far I've played around a bit trying some stuff, but I find mining to hard for my nerves since I got the feeling I'm only "enriching" the ground instead of my ped card :tongue2:

sorry, perhaps my english is too bad for a clear explanation ...
i said "you always find same ressource" but not at the same time at te same place :D (not always). So you can find one at the same place but foe me is just Lotery. I do not believe in the "rebombing"
just want to say that you can find some resources at 800m or 200m with different finder but don't work far all resources

I apologize if I made you believe in a way to be rich :)

sorry, perhaps my english is too bad for a clear explanation ...
i said "you always find same ressource" but not at the same time at te same place :D (not always). So you can find one at the same place but foe me is just Lotery. I do not believe in the "rebombing"
just want to say that you can find some resources at 800m or 200m with different finder but don't work far all resources

I apologize if I made you believe in a way to be rich :)

Lol, well, dont worry about that. I was far from counting myself rich by an occasional double bomb ;)

Lol, well, dont worry about that. I was far from counting myself rich by an occasional double bomb ;)

You never know Wizz !!! Keep mining and maebe a nice suprice awaits you :)

But thank you for the question, gonna update the guide ^^

Last edited:
Addes a section Traders

Using amps

Some have been asking me why I do not use amps (or rarely use them), so this is why

If I do use them its mostly the D-class or lvl 8 so let's calculate with that 1 but you can use the same calculation with any other amps off course.

Each drop (ores only) will cost you 4 ped so + 1 ped drop from probes gives us a drop of 5 ped
On a hit you will get (mostly) an ample, this is between 12-18 ped (TT value) so an average of 15 ped ^^
This means you need a Hit Rate of 33,33% to break even (again TT value)

33,33% Hit Rating is not very rare but also not very common and i call it the magic number, again it's all about the zone you are in and how HR is. Knowing the zone very good gives you a high advantage.
So you need a hit every 3th drop (average), if not you are loosing (hard)

Using this in a zone where there are mostly high MU ores (and I mean over 150%) will give you more certainty of your return and yes those zones exist but are very rare :wise:

Last edited:
lately i have seen ppl getting over 34% hit rate and tt return of 80-89%

New excell started this year so far
Runs are seperated in zones, but not revealing them :p
Mining with F-106 + between 1-8 enhancers
Data from 2 planets but since this year I mine on 4 different planets and mined for 7-8 day's only

screenshot_-_13-jan-18_6_50_25_am.jpg

Last edited:
So for example, I get a lyst find at 600mtr depth using the Z25. Is it then possible to also get a lyst find at the same coordinates but with a rookie finder which only goes like 200 meter deep?...

:yup:

Great job Wizz :)

How many tries did you need to get those?

first try.

I came back from a droka daily.

Decided to drop 1 bomb, at a totally random location.

first did 1 enmatter drop on the MD1. NRF.
then dropped 1 enmatter with the Z25. NRF.

Then did 1 ore drop with MD1. Found lyst.
Then 1 orde drop with z25. found lyst.

All drops on the same location. all within 1 minute.

Into first post you say that if you left lootable pvp, that you can get shot within 5 minuts. I tought it is 30 seconds. Is that changed?

Been about 10 years I was in there, is it 30 sec?

Same here lol, i never go in there, just mine at the border of it. But would be cool to know this exactly.

Good or bad returns !!!

Think most have noticed the bad returns in mining for about a week now.

This is where your knowing the zone (server) will help and EL (Entropia Life)

Before I go mining what I need, I check what's also in that zone, then check EL.
On my page I can see average loots / globals on those resources that I'm going to get while mining there.
For the moment about 75% of all those numbers are in red (read loosing)
Just wait till all is normal again (read green numbers) then go back to mining.
The good part is that most resources are harder to find so MU will go up, hope you have a decent stock to sell :yay:

We all know that MA can adjust resources what is good for economics and MU's, and who knows ..... there might be an ATH coming for some 1 :eyecrazy:

Last edited:
Good or bad returns !!!

Before I go mining what I need, I check what's also in that zone, then check EL.
On my page I can see average loots / globals on those resources that I'm going to get while mining there.
The good part is that most resources are harder to find so MU will go up, hope you have a decent stock to sell :yay:

We all know that MA can adjust resources what is good for economics and MU's, and who knows ..... there might be an ATH coming for some 1 :eyecrazy:

So after 14 years of active development, EU still does not have a balanced economic system...
It still has this time based BS which really upsets me as a player. I want the same chance to get claims no matter when I log into the game !!

So after 14 years of active development, EU still does not have a balanced economic system...
It still has this time based BS which really upsets me as a player. I want the same chance to get claims no matter when I log into the game !!

Seems you are forgetting that there are a lot of different bp's dropping or new 1's + several more planets + more different amps.......

Economics always change see RL ^^

Miners will stack up resources cause those are to cheap (in mu) to sell = less will be available to mine
Crafters will stack up resources cause those are really cheap at some point to craft with them = less will be available again also
And yes, MA will change claims also to get a real economy going.
Or ... some 1 just mined where you are now ....

Mining isn't just dropping probes, its also selling at the right %, zones and depth also keep your costs as low as possible

Last edited:
Great thread Leeloo. Good to see the old names of the game kicking on. Its something you cannot find in almost any MMO.

Just getting back into the game after a couple years sort of break.
Had a bit of a play with amps. But back into unamped mining again.
Still have some kit to build up again. So just have the F105 to start with. Seems to still be the trusty miners partner.

Seems to me that a ridiculous TT crafting activity called explosives has ruined MU on most of the common Or/En. The sooner MA adjusts that stupidity away the better for all. Gee imagine hunters only hunted Feffs or miners only mined Lyst.

I definitely agree with the grid mining. But i've always enjoyed going for a run and taking in the scenery. So I tend to have about 2 dozen pathways i follow and I find they haven't really changed much and I still know what is in those area's. Though the find rates for things like gazz are very different now. So i'm still adjusting.

Great thread Leeloo. Good to see the old names of the game kicking on. Its something you cannot find in almost any MMO.

Still have some kit to build up again. So just have the F105 to start with. Seems to still be the trusty miners partner.

Seems to me that a ridiculous TT crafting activity called explosives has ruined MU on most of the common Or/En. The sooner MA adjusts that stupidity away the better for all. Gee imagine hunters only hunted Feffs or miners only mined Lyst.

I definitely agree with the grid mining. But i've always enjoyed going for a run and taking in the scenery. So I tend to have about 2 dozen pathways i follow and I find they haven't really changed much and I still know what is in those area's. Though the find rates for things like gazz are very different now. So i'm still adjusting.

Having any raw resources available in any mmo via npc / trade terminals tells me that the mmo in question has a problem with its ingame economy.

Welcome Back and gl mining:)

Dont worry to much on EP crafters. As you might know crafting for TT = loosing peds if your not very lucky ^^ In my opinion they are even filling the lootpool :laugh:

As for mining, for the moment returns are a bit less (enm is only around 65% TT return) than usuall but the last 2 months have been great, for me that is and also soc members. But then again there are always bad and great times not only with mining :D

Last edited:
Good or bad returns !!!

I understand what you are saying about not all servers being allocated the same RNG at the same time. It takes a bit of prodding to find a decent server. But you only have a limited amount of time (I would say to max an hour currently) to extract from that server before goes pear shaped again.

Perhaps you could make a post showing how you go about "seeing" which areas are hot or not by using Entropia Life ?

Last edited:
Back