Info: Leeloo's Mining Guide

It's more likely that the set hitrate in the area you are in is higher than average.

Nope, its when its going good and less good and I got pm's from more miners that see it also.

Quote TimofeKJE in Low TT return on mining? thread also : I agree with u about the groups, claims used to be more randomly and evenly spread, now its like waves, and yes if u hit several bad waves amped that hurts.

Me again :p
The long NRF drops are made (me guessing) because some resources can be found a lot less now (mostly those with better mu's) and I do see some MU's going up very nice ^^ Those using amps all the time will not see this because they mostly get lower MU resources.

Run on Devil's tail ..... Normal average TT return is 8,74% and it dropped to 3,05% now .... all the rest in those runs where normal

Last edited:
Added more info

Go with the flow (My way of mining and imo most profitable)
Another way of mining but you will need a bigger bankroll to stock up.
As already mentioned MA does changes economics from time to time so also what will be more or less available when mining.
You can see that in auction or when your mining yourself since that recourse you will get more. You might get some swirls also ^^
Since not only you are finding more but other miners also, there will be more available on auction, more pages, more undercutting.....
So keep it stocked up, in a few days/weeks MA will alter it again, wait till % is up again, then start selling or calculate prices for smaller stacks and sell those for a higher %.

Example :
While mining you need to sell your iron for at least 108% to break even or make some profit.
You normally sell your 100 stack iron for 110,26% = netto 108,49%
Miners find a lot of it so % will go down
So now you sell your 30 stack iron for 128,21% = netto 119,99%

Edit : If you go mining at several places this should work for even between 500-1K mining peds / day. Use your 30 slots well on auction
Selling like this will slow down your sales (because of the smaller stacks) but still gives you a turnover so you can keep mining while your stock grows or till % is back to normal.
This is a win/win situation.

Last edited:
Did any 1 else noticed also that finding a claim is getting very predictable?

I see them a lot more grouped or in vains ^^

Outdoor only

Hi LeelooM great post on overall mining info. It's been a little over a year now and have been stating this the whole time in accordance to my link here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/album.php?albumid=6990

But, still to this day, yes, these groups or "veins" you call 'em (I call 'em clusters and/or 'line/curve patterns'). Also, to add to your OP, refining stones/enmats efficiently is another area to help save costs overall as well (if this was not covered in your posts yet).

BONUS: another neat combo or interesting past from mining and discovering the use of refining various mining resources is making/using "The Mcgrangus recipes": https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?236404-Cracking-the-Mcgrangus-recipes!

Cheerz,
Vi

Hi LeelooM great post on overall mining info. It's been a little over a year now and have been stating this the whole time in accordance to my link here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/album.php?albumid=6990

But, still to this day, yes, these groups or "veins" you call 'em (I call 'em clusters and/or 'line/curve patterns'). Also, to add to your OP, refining stones/enmats efficiently is another area to help save costs overall as well (if this was not covered in your posts yet).

BONUS: another neat combo or interesting past from mining and discovering the use of refining various mining resources is making/using "The Mcgrangus recipes": https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?236404-Cracking-the-Mcgrangus-recipes!

Cheerz,
Vi

I really don't see how there can be veins anymore. Anything with a discernible pattern can be reverse-engineered and give a massive advantage to the player that "cracks" it.

Anyone with LBML or any sort of tracking sheet should therefore also be able to "see" a pattern.

Such patterns, if they exist would be either what I would call absolute or relative. Absolute veins / patterns would be a set pattern that respawns at the same coordinates at the same time / met conditions. Relative patterns would spawn around the avatar when a set condition is met.

Examples of both were found in the previous iteration of the game ie Project Entropia. There were set absolute veins that spawned sse to nnw at set coordinates at set times like clockwork. There were also relative veins that spawned around the coordinate of a missed probe / bomb, with a starting distance of the square root of the current minute multiplied by the range of the finder. These veins ran for a distance of the square root of 60 multiplied by the range of the finder.

The above vein systems were removed from the game due to them either it being an apparent "bug" or just highly abusive.

Cheerz,
Vi

Hiya and thank you very much VI, especially for the Bonus McGrangus-recipes :yay:

I have been making them myself with some bits and pieces and was trying to make a list of them all but that list is great :) I'll change the guide and make a link to it.

It seems more people start to see the veins/clusters/lines again now (as long as MA doesn't change it). Great pics also :)
For now I'm testing the HR with the DSEC30 in a small area (HR around 37% and TT return 94,51 - 101,96% ), once that is done, I think I'll keep doing the same area again with a new DSEC30 but then with an amp5 if the HR keeps up that high but I also see the "groups" clearly there, so will be a calculated risk :p
But as soon as MA drops out 1 or more ores in that zone (so MU goes up again or players stock up to much cause of low MU) I'll be screwed, so need to keep an eye on those ores.

Last edited:
F-106 versus Terramaster 6

Been mining at a depth of 885 with these 2 finders and wanted to share the results of dropcosts here (enmatter only).

Terramaster 6

TT 260 ped @ 125% = 325 ped / 5769 uses = 0,0563 ped per drop so 56.30 ped for 1000 drops

F-106

TT 79,95 with unlimited uses = 0,01799 ped / drop so 17,99 ped for 1000 drops

I needed to use T1 to T7 depth enhancers to go to 885 depth also and .... I used 20 depth enhancers in totall.

Depth enhancers

TT 0,80 * 20 = 16 ped @ 210% = 33,60 ped

So the total costs for 1000 drops with the F-106 = 17,99 + 33,60 ped = 53,59 ped

After spending a totall of TT value + MU + 2887,62 ped TT to get this finder to T7 the F-106 is saving me 2,71 ped / 1000 drops

Is it worth it? For me it is since I go mine daily but if you're an occasional miner, best go for the Terramaster 6

Last edited:
Personally I do not like what MA has done to mining. In the past it was a very strategic affair where each move was carefully considered and thought out. Now it's basically cover as much area as quick and as efficiently as possible and hope that you catch a "wave".

This new setup quickly becomes boring and saps all the thought out of it. What is the point of mining if a BOT can do it ?

Personally I do not like what MA has done to mining. In the past it was a very strategic affair where each move was carefully considered and thought out. Now it's basically cover as much area as quick and as efficiently as possible and hope that you catch a "wave".

This new setup quickly becomes boring and saps all the thought out of it. What is the point of mining if a BOT can do it ?

That's how most think about mining.

But mining what you want or with a high MU and not getting a shitload of lyst, oil, belk etc ... (I call it TT mining) is another thing

Edit : Most of your post are so negative about mining so why you keep doing it? If I dont like it, I would do something else.

That's how most think about mining.

But mining what you want or with a high MU and not getting a shitload of lyst, oil, belk etc ... (I call it TT mining) is another thing

Edit : Most of your post are so negative about mining so why you keep doing it? If I dont like it, I would do something else.

I'm not negative just stubborn and perhaps having trouble adapting. Right now I have a hex grid setup 110m point to point, 8192m in size all set in Excel. The sheet records the size and location of an attempt and filters show the points close by to the current point. It also shows the average loot based on the claim sizes so I get an up to the probe graph of how I am doing and it's bad for most runs.

So how do you find resources with juicy MU ?

I'm not negative just stubborn and perhaps having trouble adapting. Right now I have a hex grid setup 110m point to point, 8192m in size all set in Excel. The sheet records the size and location of an attempt and filters show the points close by to the current point. It also shows the average loot based on the claim sizes so I get an up to the probe graph of how I am doing and it's bad for most runs.

So how do you find resources with juicy MU ?

The answer is in the mining help at the first page

As already mentioned MA does changes economics from time to time so also what will be more or less available when mining.
You can see that in auction or when your mining yourself since that recourse you will get more. You might get some swirls also ^^
Since not only you are finding more but other miners also, there will be more available on auction, more pages, more undercutting.....
So keep it stocked up, in a few days/weeks MA will alter it again, wait till % is up again, then start selling or calculate prices for smaller stacks and sell those for a higher %.
Example :
While mining you need to sell your iron for at least 108% to break even or make some profit.

And for High MU resources ...... keep looking ^^

If to many mine the same % will go down
If to many stock up % will go up
In the good times, keep mining.
In the bad times, keep selling and stop mining

Everything can be sold, it only takes time and patience.

Last edited:
I got a question on depth enhancers....

Does it change the average search depth exclusively or does it also increase the girth of the "underground band" that you are wanting to try and utilize ?

Lets take the 105 - average depth 522.4
Mining band would be between 322.4 and 722.4

Enhancer 1 - 7.43 %

So the new depth would be 561.2

Does the mining band expand to 215m (ie a 7.43% increase) or does it stay the same at 200m ?

The answer is in the mining help at the first page

Example :

And for High MU resources ...... keep looking ^^

If to many mine the same % will go down
If to many stock up % will go up
In the good times, keep mining.
In the bad times, keep selling and stop mining

Everything can be sold, it only takes time and patience.

Gotcha. Lol figures that it all has to do with timing .....

In my experience (and I write it down all :p ) ...... I mostly use the 106 but I'm sure it works te same on other finders.

This is what I wrote about depth enhancers at the first page ....

Depth Enhancers
Adding enhancers to your finder(s) will let you find deeper stuff.
Every level you unlocked on your finder will allow you to go 7,43% deeper, so this is different on every finder
For the F-105, with a average depth of 522,4 putting a enhancer into (any slot) will give you another 38,2 depth, enhancers in any 2 different slots will give you 38,2 * 2 = 74,4 depth more
For the F-106, with a average depth of 582,1 putting a enhancer into (any slot) will give you another 43,3 depth, enhancers in any 2 different slots will give you 43,3 * 2 = 86,6 depth more

You can check the depth of all enm/ores/trea at LBMB but when checking this with your own statistics it might be different.
This is because you might be mining on a different planet and/or different server.
Remember the squares on the LMBM map? Those are the different servers you are mining on.

Enhancers do play a big role in your return.
Example :
When I go mining for zinc in "my" spot ... my best return for zinc and average is F-106 + lvl 1+2 enhancers.
A friend, also equipped with the F-106 on "his" spot for zinc, but on another server, is having a better return and average with lvl 1+2+3 enhancers.

Another way to use depth enhancers is :
If I'm in a zone with lots of high mu resources, that mostly have a deeper average depth, I use a lot more enhancers.
Now let's check this for megan with an average depth of 920 and was found (so far) at even at 1518 depth
In this case I use my F-106 with 8 depth enhancers. This makes me find anything between 600-1350 depth ^^
With using more depth enhancers you don not only go deeper BUT you are also making your search "bubble" bigger.

With the F106 the average depth is 582,1 so without enhancers I would find stuff between around 382,10-782,1 (from time to time you will get an exception of a claim that is much higher of deeper)
Now when I use depth enhancers I see that (I call it my bubble) is getting bigger BUT only going down more so I find stuff between 580-1186 depth with 7 enhancers so I loose depth above the average.(I mean the normal average of the finder cause with the enhancers you are shifing it downwards) My "bubble is around 400 without the enhancers like with all finders but now with the enhancers its around 600)

So for High end ores with high mu, first you need to find them, then go deeper and deeper to get your finding % up. This is harder than the normal ores cause respawn time might be slower ^^ I also believe those are still capped and you can find only a few / day or even /week. Need to ask a friend miner for that cause he is going for those ores only on a daily base.

Last edited:
"With the F106 the average depth is 582,1 so without enhancers I would find stuff between around 382,10-782,1 (from time to time you will get an exception of a claim that is much higher of deeper)
Now when I use depth enhancers I see that (I call it my bubble) is getting bigger BUT only going down more so I find stuff between 580-1186 depth with 7 enhancers so I loose depth above the average."

Now that is interesting

Pre-enhancer 400m band / bubble

Post enhancer 606m band / bubble

Difference of 206m (206/7 = 29.5 m increase per enhancer.

So ye it's well worth it to use depth enhancers en mass in an area has resources at an average depth of 883m. If my math is right ...

Is it then safe to suppose then that the resource band is also important. The larger the band, the more enhancers you would need. But as you suggested this is also a double edged sword as you will be opening yourself to more of the "TT" resources that you do not want.

Last edited:
"With the F106 the average depth is 582,1 so without enhancers I would find stuff between around 382,10-782,1 (from time to time you will get an exception of a claim that is much higher of deeper)
Now when I use depth enhancers I see that (I call it my bubble) is getting bigger BUT only going down more so I find stuff between 580-1186 depth with 7 enhancers so I loose depth above the average."

Now that is interesting

Pre-enhancer 400m band

Post enhancer 606m band

So ye it's well worth it to use depth enhancers en mass in an area has resources at an average depth of 883m. If my math is right ...

Yes, you starting to get it :)

If I visit a new zone I always start without depth enhancers and built up with enhancers run after run to see average returns losses/profits and in the end use amps or not all depending those outcomes.
I know it takes time ... and not everybody has that.

The only question now is, is it worth buying/upgrading a UL finder or not and that depends from person to person I think cause its also a huge investment but then the Tiers are always available.

I know miners that have every L finder that is available and mine daily using a different finder on different zones. In trade they showed me finders for several K's of peds :)

Last edited:

Now that is interesting

Pre-enhancer 400m band / bubble

Post enhancer 606m band / bubble

Is it then safe to suppose then that the resource band is also important. The larger the band, the more enhancers you would need. But as you suggested this is also a double edged sword as you will be opening yourself to more of the "TT" resources that you do not want.

I found "TT resources" at any depth so those are everywhere.
But finding those is different in any zone at any depth.

By testing those zones and trying to get more of other resources than the TT stuff you will minimize those

I tested this on a megan spot :

Megan can be found between 190 depth and 1581 depth with an average of 907 depth (according to LBML)
Some results for megan in a zone I use :
When using the F-101 (depth 20-592) I get 11,98% megan
When using the F-102 I get 16,56% megan
When using the F-103 (depth 153-597) I get 17,32% megan
When using the F-104 (depth 233-801) I get 18,40 % megan
When using the F-105 I get 19,38% megan
When using the F-106 (depth 312-935) I get 20,70% megan

Now from here I can go deeper using depth enhancers and get more megan (and other) and offcourse less TT resources cause I'm getting more of decent MU resources.

Also here timing is important, if MA decides not to release lots of megan (or to much is stocked by miners).... you will not find any or a lot less and more TT stuff.
Knowing the zone is very important combined with what's on auction.

Last edited:
Yes, you starting to get it :)

If I visit a new zone I always start without depth enhancers and built up with enhancers run after run to see average returns losses/profits and in the end use amps or not all depending those outcomes.
I know it takes time ... and not everybody has that.

The only question now is, is it worth buying/upgrading a UL finder or not and that depends from person to person I think cause its also a huge investment but then the Tiers are always available.

I know miners that have every L finder that is available and mine daily using a different finder on different zones. In trade they showed me finders for several K's of peds :)

You would have to make / invest the initial peds in order to afford all the pretty toys.

If that is the case then one would have to look for an area with resources in it that is close to the tools ave search depth...

I have some research to do then for my little unamped, unenhanced, tier 1 105 :p in order to find the optimal server to mine on.

Added more info on the SELLING your enm / ores / treasure first post

SELLING your enm / ores / treasure
I know this can be a pain, but with patience you will get there.
My first rule is, NEVER TT ANYTHING (and no I do not have 100k peds to stock up).
I NEVER sell under 110% MU, this only doesn't count for oil.
Even when you mostly find low MU ores/enm/trea you can sell them.
The good part is that many need small amounts for tiering up or daily crafting, so its worth putting stacks on auc like 100 lysterium ingots.
Do I hear you say and pay fee every time? Yes ^^
Assuming you have 300 ped lyst and usuall you TT it ... so you can go mining again .... to TT more since the market is already flooded.... and loose peds, then go mining again ... TT more .... loose more
Put 100 lyst on auction = 3 ped @ 133,33% = 4 ped, you pay 0,54 ped fee so after sales (and it will sell) you get 3,44. You made 0,44 ped profit.
Not really much you think now?
True BUT 300 ped lyst = 100 times 0,44 ped = 44 ped profit in total, so that is what you'll loose every time you TT 300 ped lyst.
Don't start putting up 10 x 100 lyst on auction, then the risk of not selling and paying fee is high, just try to sell 1 or 2 stacks of 100.

Do not start undercutting other miners ... some do count there return and selling for less will get you bankrupt (seen it happening a lot) unless you love to deposit a lot, and mostly it ends with selling there mining skills so they can go do something else.

If MU is to low to sell, keep it in storage and DO NOT SELL.
The only thing a miner needs is a finder and bombs, look at the gear a hunter needs.... so you should be able to stock up and have patience, MU will go up again at some point.
I even helped miners that only had 500 ped to start

Study auction for % on resources or try sweating to make ME with all the force nexus you have mined while you await sales

New part added

At some point the same ores will be stocking up depending where you mine and your stack will be getting bigger and bigger .....
Once you see you are making progress and you are making profits, try to sell those stacks when they reached 5-10-15-20K, Auction fee is a lot lower when selling huge stacks and you still can make some profit on them so always better than TT them.
Doing this will free up some peds and you get the repair costs back

Last edited:
the thing is that if more and more players stop tting lyst and start selling 100 piece stacks of it more and more of em will start to not sell at all. and if one stack doesnt sell you already lost money on one stack and the profit of the second one as you need to recover ur losses. so for every stack you dont sell you need 2 stacks to sell

the thing is that if more and more players stop tting lyst and start selling 100 piece stacks of it more and more of em will start to not sell at all. and if one stack doesnt sell you already lost money on one stack and the profit of the second one as you need to recover ur losses. so for every stack you dont sell you need 2 stacks to sell

Exactly this is a problem with the auction, the fee, and maybe not selling.
So, the TT is at least fast :)

Ok, if i get tired to TT lyst and such, i do some crafting of weapons with it. In longterm you get near same back as if you TT the stuff's. Some times you get also nice BP's and at least you get some skills.

Not that this is a recipte, but it maybe is an idea, what we could do, instead of TT the stuffs.

Exactly this is a problem with the auction, the fee, and maybe not selling.
So, the TT is at least fast :)

Ok, if i get tired to TT lyst and such, i do some crafting of weapons with it. In longterm you get near same back as if you TT the stuff's. Some times you get also nice BP's and at least you get some skills.

Not that this is a recipte, but it maybe is an idea, what we could do, instead of TT the stuffs.

Pity the game does not continue in the background when running in full screen and resizes terribly when in windowed mode.... MA should really fix that !!!

Added a section in the guide that might help you understand why some runs give less TT return at certain day's

Economics and TT return
MA changes economics in mining almost daily (imo)
This is great to see MU's go up and down BUT this is what makes you give a good or bad run.
Let's assume you have a nice place to mine some narcanisum, when mining you see that you are getting more other resources and also that your return is lower than usual. When you finish your run and check auction you will see that narcanisum has less pages than normal .....
That's because economics on narcanisum have been altered, less findings so you will have less TT return on that run, but dont cry, less findings, less on auction and MU will go up, just give it a few days.
Time to sell your stock if you have some :)

Added a section in the guide that might help you understand why some runs give less TT return at certain day's

Economics and TT return
MA changes economics in mining almost daily (imo)
This is great to see MU's go up and down BUT this is what makes you give a good or bad run.
Let's assume you have a nice place to mine some narcanisum, when mining you see that you are getting more other resources and also that your return is lower than usual. When you finish your run and check auction you will see that narcanisum has less pages than normal .....
That's because economics on narcanisum have been altered, less findings so you will have less TT return on that run, but dont cry, less findings, less on auction and MU will go up, just give it a few days.
Time to sell your stock if you have some :)

for example there is a spot on ark where you usually find lots of wenrex, and some other medium good MU resources. when i mine it like 2 or 3 times the resources are completely empty. normally there is no lyst at all but then after its "dry" theres is ONLY lyst to find. nothing else. i have to try again on another day (didnt check the timer) and then it might work again for a slight bit

for example there is a spot on ark where you usually find lots of wenrex, and some other medium good MU resources. when i mine it like 2 or 3 times the resources are completely empty. normally there is no lyst at all but then after its "dry" theres is ONLY lyst to find. nothing else. i have to try again on another day (didnt check the timer) and then it might work again for a slight bit

Yes for some resources it take a while to "repop" and you get TT stuff instead, that will make a huge difference on the outcome of that run, but that is for the higher MU's mostly.

I was on ark in the last days cause some 1 needed lots of aakas and I had a normal return, then yesterday almost none on auc and ... when mining I had a lot more TT stuff + heeps of Khorum :p and off course MU was rising.

Had the same thing on a few other resources

For those interested in the cost/drop when using depth enhancers on UL finders, I'm writing down when they break (drops/peds spend) seperated now for enm/ores/trea and as you can see there is a differents.

Will be updated on regular times

I took 210% to buy depth enhancers

F-106 + using 8 enhancers on Enmatter
Drops 540
Costs 270
Broken 3
Cost / drop : 0,0093333

F-106 + using 8 enhancer on Ores
Drops 710
Costs 710
Broken 22
Cost / drop : 0,0520563

F-106 + using 8 enhancers on Treasure
Drops 157
Cost 235,50
Broken 6
Cost / drop : 0,0642038

For those interested in the cost/drop when using depth enhancers on UL finders, I'm writing down when they break (drops/peds spend) seperated now for enm/ores/trea and as you can see there is a differents.

Will be updated on regular times

I took 210% to buy depth enhancers

F-106 + using 8 enhancers on Enmatter
Drops 540
Costs 270
Broken 3
Cost / drop : 0,0093333

F-106 + using 8 enhancer on Ores
Drops 710
Costs 710
Broken 22
Cost / drop : 0,0520563

F-106 + using 8 enhancers on Treasure
Drops 157
Cost 235,50
Broken 6
Cost / drop : 0,0642038

The last days, my enhancers last not so long. I only have 2 tiers on my 106. But it hapen often, if i put in some more enhancers, that i break 3 enhancer with a 150 ped run, some times also more break. Last run i broke 2 enhancer with the first 6 drops (new enhancers).

I realy would like, if they last for a minimum of drops, before they start to break. If this continue, then i will stop to use enhancers.

Best write it down and see it in the long run cause yes, sometimes they break fast, other times they do not break at all

Using them is still a lot cheaper than the L finders even when they break :p

Using them is still a lot cheaper than the L finders even when they break :p

Do you mean cheaper than using an L finder without enhancers? Usually an L finder's decay + MU is still cheaper than the decay on an UL finder of similar depth, search radius, etc. The only reason you'd want to use an UL finder is if the enhancers really do pay off for a specific use (aside from not having to check the auctions for an L finder).

Do you mean cheaper than using an L finder without enhancers? Usually an L finder's decay + MU is still cheaper than the decay on an UL finder of similar depth, search radius, etc. The only reason you'd want to use an UL finder is if the enhancers really do pay off for a specific use (aside from not having to check the auctions for an L finder).

L finders whithout enhancers cost a lot more than a UL finder with enhancers.

I use 8 depth enh on a F-106 mostly and I made the comparisation with the terra6, Dsec 30 and MF1 and I tossed them in the TT because of the decay on those L finders.

Dunno if it was coincidence or not, but my average TT returns with the F+106 + enh was a lot better also because off the enhancers my depth bubble is a lot bigger (mostly it's +200/-200 so around 400, slightly bigger) but by using depth enhancers the bubble gets 600-700 from time to time even more, so my TT return is better.

I also dont like amped/pre-amped cause I mostly loose with them.
Mining without amps might be boring, my pedcard loves it

The only good thing on L finders is that people do not need a big investment to buy them (so perfect for the casual miner) nor in upgrading. Compare it with a decent economic weapon, those do not come cheap neither

Last edited:
My results after a few K peds of drops with 8 enh on my F-106 all the time so if you want to calculate the price with 1 enh slot in use, devide it by 8.
Not 1 L finder will come even close to that price / drop.
Decay of the F-106 = 0.01799 ped / drop

I calculated prices / drop @210%

Enmatters : 0,009333 ped / drop

Ores : 0,0382398 ped / drop

Trea : 0,0642038 ped / drop

Enm + ore : 0,0594462 ped / drop

So as long as you dont go for treasures or dual for enm/ore its a lot cheaper.

I use it for dual also now and that's how I got my hofs (unamped offc)

Last edited:
Back