BatSim question regarding improved loot

Lizzy Storm

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Lizzy Demon Storm
I've been doing some BatSim farming, but I am a bit stuck with an issue. Since the server maintenance yesterday (wed, 31 May) I have done 42 runs in total, but not a single one with improved loot. And with my luck at the release I was sort of expecting it.

But with the current jackpot increasing, I would like to know if anyone is suffering from the same nerfs -not getting improved loot rewards- or that I am just out of luck and the game is waiting for the right person to claim it.

(Note: my last run before BatSim went down before the server maintenance was a run with improved loot.)

I was grinding it early on as well since I sensed that bonus pool would probably get distributed quickly, and I did manage to get a ~500 ped hof before it was gone (what did it take, 90 minutes tops?). But yeah, that was my one and only run with improved loot so far. I only did 16 runs with that first bonus pool still having peds in it, though, and I haven't tried it since. But seems they simply added more volatility to the distribution. Way less bonus drops, but bigger when they do occur.

Not sure I like it personally, bit too risky. But I've always had a careful, risk-averse style of play also. Dunno if higher volatility attracts more people to try it out or not. Could be they are tweaking to see what works best.

I figured something out that everyone should know, and I'm writing this because I did not yet receive a response to the ticket I opened on the matter.

First of all, you can still get improved loot. Out of my current 64 runs I got a single improved loot. Nice, you think. No.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...97502-Entropia-Universe-15-14-0-Release-Notes
"Each Battle Simulator run has a chance to award 5%, 25%, 50% or 90% of the current Bonus Pool upon successful completion of the instance."

With my improved loot I got 0,5%. 1/10th of the 5%. I noticed that two days ago someone did get a chunk of the loot pool with a hof, and after careful calculations this player would have gotten 9% of the bonus loot pool, which I suspect was 1/10th of what it is supposed to be.

The (un)intentional decrease in payout percentage plus the possibly 1 in 50 (or lower) chance on getting improved loot means it better be avoided.

To be fair, I think this change in percentages is unacceptable.

I've run it over 100 times in the last couple of days and only twice did I see anything over 2 PED. One was 40 PED and the other was maybe 10 at most.

Very few gun drops as well..if it wasn't for MU on the few I did get I'd be in a huge loss right now.

Back