Help: no lnger able to login after update

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Hi there,

Hope some smart guy can help me out.
2 days ago after the update I could no longer login.
The client loader opens normally but as soon as I press launch I get the "Entropia Universe did not shut down normally" error.

Anybody got an idea about a fix?

I personally have no idea how to fix that but hope you already contacted support, if not I think you should

Hi there,

The client loader opens normally but as soon as I press launch I get the "Entropia Universe did not shut down normally" error.

game reinstall helped.

Reinstall..

Last edited:
first thing I did after the failed login ;)

yeah, this has helped me before, but I was hoping for a quicker fix :laugh:

there is quicker fix but you should go to regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MindArk\Entropia Universe

try to rename (backup before)

is there a way to reinstall without needing to download all the planet content again?

there is quicker fix but you should go to regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MindArk\Entropia Universe

try to rename (backup before)

not quite sure what to do with this as I'm a total PC nitwit.
I'm in regedit but what do I need to rename? :scratch2:

fix installation without full reinstallation

is there a way to reinstall without needing to download all the planet content again?

Try to delete all files in YOUR_ENTROPIA_INSTALLATION_FOLDER/out/*

if that failed, change entropia version to the previous version or older version in file YOUR_ENTROPIA_INSTALLTION_FOLDER/version.txt ( I think the previous version was 15.13.1.143669)

yes it is possible, just need to save dynamic content.,
than after installation, when it starts to download dynamic content, need to turn it off, and put dynamic content folder on top (mostly in ProgramData)

Hi there,

Play with compatibility mode -> if you're running Win7 set it to compatibility with XP SP3 :D

If you're running 8.1 or 10 set it to Win7.

If you run it this time and it happens again on the next run, set it back.

Try to delete all files in YOUR_ENTROPIA_INSTALLATION_FOLDER/out/*

hmmm

not sure what you suggested and what I did.
Deleted the 2 folders in the " out" folder.
Restarted client loader, but now it starting to download the required planet data :scratch2:

lol, maybe I'll just go for the long road. Uninstall and reinstall.

I might even get some rl work done while it's reinstalling. I think my boss will appreciate that as well :laugh:

Backup the Planet data folder (\users\public\entropia universe; check the path in the client loader > tools > folders, to be sure). Uninstall the game, run the installer, when it launches the client loader - close it, put the data folder back and relaunch the loader (check the path in the loader again).

Backup the Planet data folder (\users\public\entropia universe; check the path in the client loader > tools > folders, to be sure). Uninstall the game, run the installer, when it launches the client loader - close it, put the data folder back and relaunch the loader (check the path in the loader again).

thanks for the tip Svarog.
Maybe for next time because dandy already made me delete all my planet data :laugh:

Just reinstalled and it's now downloading for the rest of the day as my download speed is not that great.

I had exactly the same problem. Downloading all data for the other planets solved the issue for me, no need to uninstall and re-install everything.

Strange solution tbh, because I was on caly so no idea how downloading the other planet's data solved it...

I had exactly the same problem. Downloading all data for the other planets solved the issue for me, no need to uninstall and re-install everything.

Strange solution tbh, because I was on caly so no idea how downloading the other planet's data solved it...

that's because entropia is " Dynamic" :dance:

Out of curiosity, if I start Fraps up, then start Entropia, I get the same error message you get.

If I start EU up 1st, then fraps, EU loads up. This has only recently started to happen, in the last month or so.

Not entirely sure why fraps causes this error.

Your not using fraps are you?

Hi there,

In the last update I didn't run into this, but I did run into a blank screen. I have an idea what the bug was. Just after all planets were downloaded and it was in the compression mode, I saw that I could start game, so well I did to find that the compression aborted. I did try and play around with it a bit by deleting some data and having it download a bit. MA for some reason removed the option to manually click a button to compress? Anyway, after reinstall all was fine again.

I do hope MA adds that button back since a few times I have needed it in cases like these when the game just found itself not to want to work, and doing a fast re-compression of data seem to have fixed it. This was the very first time in 6 years that I had to reinstall -- with this being the first time I had a problem like this without the help of clicking a hopeful button.

Back