NEW Battle Simulator Update Feedback Thread

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Hello all!

As you may have already seen, we recently introduced some changes and updates to the Battle Simulator. You can find a full list of the changes at the bottom of this post.

This thread is mainly intended for feedback regarding these changes. Are they good or bad, too big or too small, etc. Anything you can think of!

However, if you have any suggestions you feel are missing from the previous thread, you can post them here as well. If so, please add a bolded "Suggestion" to the top of the post so it is easily distinguishable from the other feedback.

Once again, please also follow these rules while posting:

- Feedback, ideas and suggestions only. Discussions should be conducted in other Battle Sim threads.
- Keep it on topic and fairly brief.
- No bug reports. These should be handled via support cases.

Thank you all in advance!

Battle Simulator Update
A new Bonus Pool has been added to the Battle Simulator, which increases in value with every Battle Simulator ticket purchased. Each Battle Simulator run has a chance to award 5%, 25%, 50% or 90% of the current Bonus Pool upon successful completion of the instance. The current value of the Bonus Pool is displayed on the Battle Simulator Leaderboard, and will be seeded with 10.000 PED at the start of the next season.

• Battle Simulator tickets now cost 6 PED, a portion of which is added to the Bonus Pool.
  • Implemented new graphical assets to improve looks and performance.
  • Optimized and tweaked many areas of the instance.
  • The number of leaderboard places paid has been extended.
  • Removed the possibility of evade from hit calculations.
  • Improved the hitbox for Eviscerators.
  • Unclaimed loot from uncompleted runs is now added to the Bonus Pool.
  • Removed snare weapon and added the slowing effect to the grenade launcher.
  • Reduced range of rocket launcher.
  • Health packs are now stationary and heal over time.
  • Two additional health packs have been added to the course.
  • A new elite turret has been introduced. (Note: The elite turret looks identical to the normal turret; be sure to check the creature name to distinguish.)
  • A rare melee boss has been introduced.
  • Destroyed Eviscerators now lie closer to the ground.
  • A ‘Replay Instance’ window will appear after exiting the instance.
  • The ‘Increased Reward’ message will now appear when entering the last area.
  • Glow on turrets and creatures will disappear when killed.
  • Moving outside of the perimeter will cause death (there is a 10 second warning).

Hello,

I made a thread yesterday about BatSim here;
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...97876-BatSim-question-regarding-improved-loot

BUT I do like the changes, it has increased difficulty. I do think that the increased difficulty might halter people with bad internet from doing it though.

SUGGESTION
Since we can't select target I would like an option of sorts to have healthbars shown automatically.

I would still love one of those mini bots as a pet drop from batsim.

Suggestion

Battle Simulator terminal

If you want more people to be aware of it and/or remember there is such a thing as Battle Simulator then maybe a terminal rather than the current Right Click / System / Events / Global / BattleSimulator we have now.

^ from memory as I am not currently in-game.

For a new feature, it was remarkably well hidden.

Only thing that would get me in there is if you gave me a gun instead of a rocket launcher.

Sadly the Batsim is too difficult for me...

SUGGESTION :

Maybe add some difficulty levels? with different entry fees ? so that slower/disabled ppl can also shoot some?

doesnt also have to be the same amount...only a % of all...

Eddie

Last edited:
Sugjestion

since there is a bonus loot pool now, perhaps the higher you are in ranks the higher odds you have of "youre lucky" popping up / getting to the final room with good time could also incrase "youre lucky"

im just missing the reason of playing risky for getting a good time other then the reward at the end of the week

As one of those people with bad internet now (hopefully not for long) it is a bit more difficult now, mainly because I usually did it by taking advantage of the extended range of that rocket launcher which allowed me to snipe things without worry...now it happens that a mob will hit me before the damage takes effect (hit lag) and that really wastes a lot of time :))

Keep working on it guys :)

Lag

Put Devs on normal Average machines
Put Devs and testers in network with ping like 150 ms

Both to get them in customer shoes

Reactions: San
It would be cool if Batsim was (de-)selectable for download like planet data in the client loader settings. (Not to criticize it, just to keep control over download size while it's a cost factor.)

Last week when you added the 10k to the bonus pool it went quickly, too quickly really and distribution was too uneven (big hofs or nothing), but after last VU I don't think there has been a single improved loot to anyone? So is the current chance of getting improved loot a feature or a bug?

Looks like the health stations only gave 60 HP as HOT, and the new high level evicerators are very difficult to differentiate from the normal.

Overall performance and look and feel is vastly improved from the previous versions! Well done.

Put Devs on normal Average machines
Put Devs and testers in network with ping like 150 ms

Both to get them in customer shoes

...this. Yup. Do that please. Please???

What Resnis said.
AND, have devs test on standard 10 monitors- not 4k big screens.
might be a revelation- seeing what most of us actually see while playing

here are my toughts what must be done in batsim

add difficulty option forbatsim, my idea for batsim difficult is this, in the events windows add multiple options for batsim, the difficulty is the time at which you finish, example would be, you would have 2 settings, easy means you can finish whitout any time limitation, hard would mean you have to finish under 7 minutes, the hard difficulty could cost more to enter, but would also pay more in MU, if it would cost more in TT, and the pay would be better in MU, i belive people would do it and pay the weekly reward for those people that arent as good to try and play on "hard"

add daily quests to batsim, quests like, beat batsimw hit over 90% health, beat the final boss whitout geting hit, dont use rocket launcher, whatever

the quests would reward something usefull, maybe batsim tokens where you could buy batsim guns or something, and also the quests should be accesable whitin the waiting room of the batsim ( must be easy to take the quest)

reward some loot even if finish is not reached, ive failed alot of runs becouse of random lag not from my side, the way i would like to see it working is automaticly giving loot on death depending on how many rooms you went trough ( doors opened), ofc the loot cam be only shrap and no bonus loots, just so that it doesent feal that frustrating when dying from lag

from all thes mentioned features the difficulty is by far the most importaint, , i belive that a bigger bag of money for those that perform well will be the motivation needed for more batsim participation, and if the weekly payout would be bigger as a result of it beeing fast in batsim becouse of the increased entry cost for "hard mode", that would also give people more reason to play it, tnx

I've tried it 7 times and couldn't beat it even once. the game gives you no clue what you are supposed to do in the last area, where there is a "generator" apparently (where?!) and you are swarmed with melee robots raping you in a few seconds.

it's TOO HARD (or rather too unbalanced). and the time to switch between weapons is waaaaayyyy too long. the secondary should be a triggerable grenade launcher too, not a timed one (think duke 3d), and a melee weapon/shield as third weapon is mandatory!!!

and yeah, give the player at least some token value back if he can't finish based on areas cleared

I've tried it 7 times and couldn't beat it even once. the game gives you no clue what you are supposed to do in the last area, where there is a "generator" apparently (where?!) and you are swarmed with melee robots raping you in a few seconds.

it's TOO HARD ...

Well there are/were 3 generators in the last room. (haven´t done any runs for a week+)
This generators are on each side where you have the turrets.
As soon as the Boss get the shield, you need to destroy one of the generators which even had a green mark on it for me. So you did know which of the 3 generators you need to destroy. And you cant damage this generators until the boss go shielded and it is marked for you.

And I dont find it to hard unless you go full risk for better times. Kill the mobs/turrets first before you shoot the boss. Then the respawned mobs before you continue shooting boss and so one.

Unless something changed since last VU, it was easily managable to complete the run. Just getting hard if you go for best times, which it seems I cant archieve. Whether I am just to bad at this thing or PC System & internet connection is killing it for me.

I stopped running the Battle Simulator Instance because I have been experiencing horrible lag during the runs. I'd get 1/2 to 3/4 way through and start experiencing some lag. My guns would stop shooting but the mobs were able to keep advancing and attacking, when I was able to shoot my shots just went through the mobs not ever hitting them. It became impossible to ever win an instance for me, after 3 fails I waited a day or so tried again still same, and again for a third day and just figured complete waste of my PED.

I sent support case stating not going to try again until they address this lag issue along with mobs continuing to attack with lag and the issue with shots never hitting their targets. I have not heard anything yet so still not playing the instance.

Back